Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207201 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #510 on: September 16, 2011, 04:10:04 PM »
So I just did this really, really horrible run of PCB stage 5 while aiming to capture Youmu's first card and dying stupidly everywhere, then proceeded to capture her last one. Wut.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:17:41 PM by Glimmer »

« Reply #511 on: September 16, 2011, 04:59:04 PM »
Yeah pretty much. IN and PCB extras cleared.
As for the hard ones, those are on IN and LLS.
Also where would i ask about translations? for any game. Particularly the PC-98s

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #512 on: September 16, 2011, 05:04:53 PM »
Accomplished a Normal 1cc of Mountain of Faith with ReimuB.

Not the biggest fan of MoF nor have I played it very much, so it feels good to get this one done.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #513 on: September 16, 2011, 05:08:31 PM »
Hey Sonae, try and clear LLS extra then. It's so fun and it's my favourite extra to do.

Also it's not really an accomplishment as much as it is just me having so much fun.
Random UFO stage practice runs doing non-serious dodging and flying arounnd like an idiot, and whatdoyouknow I manage to 2-3 death stage 4 :D. Also in stage 6 I manage to cap Superhuman "Byakuren Hijiri" and almost cap Devil's Recitation.
Zengeku you should so totally watch these replays to see how fun I am when not dodging seriously and also dodging very well at the same time :3

« Reply #514 on: September 16, 2011, 05:41:37 PM »
Cleared TD Extra again, the difference being that this time the game acknowledges it.

TAKE THAT YOU STUPID SURVIVAL BUG!

Yeah, I couldn't figure out how to work the patch. :derp:

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #515 on: September 16, 2011, 06:15:32 PM »
Have another accomplishment from me: Story of Eastern Wonderland cleared on Normal with ReimuB.

It really does show that this is just a prototype for the later games, though.

« Reply #516 on: September 16, 2011, 06:57:32 PM »
Zengeku you should so totally watch these replays to see how fun I am when not dodging seriously and also dodging very well at the same time :3

You know, watching your replays makes me feel better about myself.  >:D
No. Not really. I watched your replays and I have a few comments for you. First of all, badass dodging in Stage 4. That was really well done. We are talking a section that even I don't have consistency at... yeah, I admit it. I don't know how much of that was simple luck but you are on the right path. :)

Also. Byakuren. A year ago, my runs were hardly any better than that so you don't have too much to fear. A bit of advice on that Milky Way card though. I saw you attempt vertical streaming. Don't do that. Horizontal streaming is easier even though you won't kill the attack as fast.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #517 on: September 17, 2011, 12:08:11 AM »
Great Fairy Wars hard 1cc, Route A1, 4 lives to spare.  It was my first time 1ccing past Fairy Overdrive too  :D

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #518 on: September 17, 2011, 12:32:20 AM »
First of all, badass dodging in Stage 4. That was really well done. We are talking a section that even I don't have consistency at... yeah, I admit it. I don't know how much of that was simple luck but you are on the right path. :)

Also. Byakuren. A year ago, my runs were hardly any better than that so you don't have too much to fear. A bit of advice on that Milky Way card though. I saw you attempt vertical streaming. Don't do that. Horizontal streaming is easier even though you won't kill the attack as fast.
Lol, that badass dodging was me messing around because I was in an awesome mood (my mood affects everything). I would say alot of that was luck but also good control. I've never had as little deaths as that on stage 4.
And I wasn't really going to attempt Star Maelstrom properly anyway. Though I will keep that tip in mind.
Oh, and that was my first cap (I think) of midboss Nue stage 6.

I am seriously confused as to whether I should keep non-seriously dodging or start serious dodging. The former being so much more fun and luck based, the latter having higher chances of survival.
Also, when I think about it, I started playing just before the UFO demo got released. Which means I've been playing for 2+ years.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:34:11 AM by J.O.B »

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #519 on: September 17, 2011, 01:29:51 AM »
I know I'm going to need to provide proof of this, so it took a while to write up this post, but!  I've now scored 1CCs of EVERY PC-98 game on Normal, with Highly Responsive to Prayers rounding out the set.  Once I figured out Kikuri's weak point (her head, of course), it was only a matter of four more levels in between her and Konngara.

The first time I faced Konngara?  Beaten.  All PC-98 games beaten at least once.  However, that still leaves Sariel...

Here's the proof in two glorious screenshots.
http://i.imgur.com/gxd9h.png
http://i.imgur.com/8Cmv0.png

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #520 on: September 17, 2011, 02:09:37 AM »
I know I'm going to need to provide proof of this, so it took a while to write up this post, but!  I've now scored 1CCs of EVERY PC-98 game on Normal, with Highly Responsive to Prayers rounding out the set.
VERY nice, I'm still missing HRtP and PoDD.

In just 2 battles with Murasa on hard, I've captured all 4 of her spells and all 3 of her nonspells.
I also got Calamity "Scolding Scorch", or whatever Ichirin's last spell is called on hard captured on my second time facing that.
and same thing with "Greatest Treasure", a.k.a. Stage 5 Nazrin's midboss spell.

« Reply #521 on: September 17, 2011, 02:21:42 AM »
Made a youtube account and uploaded a derpy montage of some of my best MoF dodges and stuff. Includes PWG caps, 7 trees with ultra patch cap, all midboss Kanako's spell cards on ultra and some old lunatic timeouts. Lots of fails and other stuff that's just filler, but hopefully someone can enjoy this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mf_DUbb-T4

It was fun to make and play, MoF is easily my favourite game.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

psyfaqs111

• Computer fixed, all hyped ready too go and then.....
  • No, NO FLANDRE, YOU CANNOT DESTROY IT
« Reply #522 on: September 17, 2011, 02:59:15 AM »
well, i did beat IN extra without 1cc'ing any normal stages......

« Reply #523 on: September 17, 2011, 03:46:57 AM »
I captured Fujiyama's Volcano. In the actual extra stage. And I wasn't even circling Mokou

I don't even know how....

(Also got Everlasting Phoenix Tail in a different run)

(Advice on the later stage would be helpful)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:58:34 AM by GuppyForce »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #524 on: September 17, 2011, 08:46:37 AM »
Made it to St. Nikou's Air Scroll on my first time reaching UFO Stage 6 hard.  If I didn't die once stupidly to Stage 5, that *may* have been a 1cc.
Captured Shou's first nonspell, her second spell and her last spell on my first time ever so much as facing them, and deathbombed Devil's Recitation with 0/1.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #525 on: September 17, 2011, 02:36:28 PM »
Mystic Square 1cc. on Easy.
...The game is hard, alright? :V :derp:
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
« Reply #526 on: September 17, 2011, 06:11:50 PM »
Finally managed to get my much deserved Normal 1cc of EoSD with ReimuA. That took long enough. It's somewhat embarrassing that it took me that long to finally get the 1cc considering I'm usually well into Stage 4 by the time I first die.

On the plus side, this means I'm well on my way to Normal 1cc'ing all of the Windows Touhou games. Though, the way people talk of SA and UFO makes me fearful.

Additionally, I played PoDD for the first time today, Normal 1cc with Reimu on my absolute first time playing it. Either PoDD is really easy or I'm just that awesome, because I managed to pull the run off despite not figuring out that my attacks don't cancel enemy bullets like they do in PoFV until about Stage 4.

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #527 on: September 17, 2011, 07:26:28 PM »
I captured Fujiyama's Volcano. In the actual extra stage. And I wasn't even circling Mokou

I don't even know how....

(Also got Everlasting Phoenix Tail in a different run)

(Advice on the later stage would be helpful)

First of all, I have to say that capturing Volcano in an actual run is impressive, I don't think I've ever managed to do that  Nice job.

Overall, I think you were moving too slowly for Possessed by Phoenix. You pretty much did the first phase correctly, but you should probably make a faster move to avoid the pink bullets.

I see that you like the "tap in one direction" strategy for the blue phase. However, you were tapping too fast, you would have gotten trapped every time at that speed. Here's a tip I remember from watching one of Kefit's videos on youtube: tap to the beat of the music. And if you reach the wall and get trapped, just bomb. With this strategy, it should take no more than one bomb to get through that phase.

And for both parts with the volcanoes, you NEED to move faster. The 3rd phase is cake if you move as far away from each volcano group as soon as they spawn.
For the last phase, again, moving faster to avoid getting trapped by the volcanoes is also key, but not as fast as the last phase since you now have pink bullets to contend with.

And I'm not sure if you've seen Hourai Doll yet, but the entire spell is circular streaming. Anyway, I hope this helped. Good Luck!

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #528 on: September 17, 2011, 07:49:27 PM »
As mentioned in the other thread, SA Lunatic cleared with Reimu-A.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cdfJxxQzPM

Overall, I have to say that the game seems extremely fair, especially with the distribution of Power Items, right before bosses in particular. Kind of seems to me like the game was specificially designed to let people clear the game as long as they have a thorough understanding of strategies in stages as well as maybe two or three boss patterns and how to properly use their power and bombs.

Still, really a nice run I'm satisfied with, one death in Stage 2 and two in Stage 3, was considering throwing in the towel after that, but getting hit only once in Stage 4 and once in Stage 5 let me get to Stage 6 with four Extra Lives, don't think I've ever gotten there with that much.

Now, I can finally play some TD and go on with the SA Extra Stage after checking out its Hard and Extra Modes. Seems like ordering it before the release was worth it after all, even though it only saved me something between 2 and 10 days in the end, just wasn't too motivated with SA, or rather, too much of a whimp.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 07:57:04 PM by Lepetit89 »

« Reply #529 on: September 17, 2011, 08:22:47 PM »
Got past Ran's survival card :D Managed to survive until the bubble wave of her last card. I smell a clear soon...if only I can get to her final with an extra life.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
« Reply #530 on: September 17, 2011, 09:35:26 PM »
Great Fairy Wars Route A1 Normal 1cc.

My playing was sloppy as all hell considering I derped about two lives away on piss easy stage sections and I still pulled the clear with two lives remaining.

So yeah, I've Normal 1cc'ed five Touhou games within about three or four days of each other when I couldn't even come close 1cc'ing them previously. I seem to have become competent at these games overnight.

Only three games remain of the Windows Touhou series.

Formless God

« Reply #531 on: September 17, 2011, 11:32:53 PM »

« Reply #532 on: September 17, 2011, 11:47:00 PM »
Hell yeah, second defeat of Flandre, this time with Reimu B.
I almost captured Q.E.D. as well.

Drake

« Reply #533 on: September 18, 2011, 01:44:50 AM »
randomly captured vowg after not playing touhou for a week

also perfect aya

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #534 on: September 18, 2011, 07:29:51 AM »
Though, the way people talk of SA and UFO makes me fearful.
Rightfully so for UFO, I personally don't see what's so hard about SA on normal mode. SA hard is hard, but still easily doable (aside from Stage 5).
As I've been trying to 1cc UFO hard and 1LC SA normal, I figured out a strategy for Stage 5 that will get me through it without dying 98% of the time.
Also I'm rather consistent at Kogasa's last spell on hard...now watch as my next attempt dies twice to it. (edit: or just bombs it once)

« Reply #535 on: September 18, 2011, 09:47:20 AM »
SA Normal was certainly the hardest normal for me back in the day. Sure UFO didn't exist at that point but I'd say its still considably more difficult than the other games on Normal.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #536 on: September 18, 2011, 01:26:09 PM »
I personally thought UFO Normal didn't seem ridiculous (SA normal, definitely is the hardest to me). I thought it was fine for a Normal. If you're not used to the UFO system already though, then, well, yeah, that'd make a big difference.

UFO's difficulty skyrockets in the change to Hard, though. It's seriously more difficult to me then many of the other game's Lunatics. Getting the MarisaB 1cc was quite a fun challenge. This makes me sorta sad, that the difficulty is so incredibly high; UFO would be my favorite game otherwise. Fun and varied balanced shottypes (With MarisaB for Challenge Mode), lovely interface and menu theme, good music and lovely patterns in general, a ufo system that adds extra depth beyond just "DODGE BULLAT". But then everything goes down to bombing the eff out of next to all attacks instead of actually dodging them, or else DIE HORRIBLY.

I mean, Ten Desires isn't -anywhere- near as appealing. It's just sort of "eh" to me. A ton of the patterns and stages are just... eh. It's not very captivating. It has low difficulty, but I don't even like it enough to feel like trying to 1cc lunatic, which from what I hear is also not that hard. It doesn't help that I've been holding back until the English Patch is out so I can read the endings, though...

Maybe I should try UFO Lunatic again. It's been an awfully long time... as I said, over a year! I'll probably remember why I gave up though, after I try.

...why does my favorite UFO shottype have to be MarisaB? :c It's a dumb Forward-Focus shottype with no power, that pretends to be spread! (That spread barely even takes out popcorn fairies running across the screen at max power before they reach your base shot, don't you lie to me.) Although I guess I haven't played UFO in like a year, anyway. And yes, it was still the last shottype I 1cced Hard with, I'm not crazy!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #537 on: September 18, 2011, 06:31:05 PM »
Got a 1cc Normal on Mountain of Faith; this is my first Normal 1cc of one of the regular shooters and my first Normal 1cc in two years (my only other one so far being PoFV).

zephyredx

• Car = ma
« Reply #538 on: September 18, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
Finally beat UFO lunatic...with 50+ continues =p Ok at least I unlocked practice mode now.

The cool thing was: I captured Legendary Flying Saucer on my very first attempt.
Why is Youmu afraid of Unzan?

Because the things that her sword cannot cut are next to nun!

« Reply #539 on: September 18, 2011, 09:13:22 PM »
No-death Sakuya, Normal mode.
Also finally captured Marionette. A lot of running around wildly to escape unpassable walls was involved and I somehow caught it just before the card timed out on me. And I was certain that Killing Doll was going to come first...o_O
Seriously, Youmu is way easier. It's taken me like 5 months to accomplish this (though I wasn't trying all that time) and I unintentionally cleared Youmu like this about a month after I got PCB. That game is way easier, but Yuyuko still forces me to spew out my lives and bombs.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:48:54 PM by Glimmer »