Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207200 times)

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XII
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2011, 04:51:24 PM »
Sorry but I'm just really on fire today.  :derp:

Anyway, have a video of that perfect stage 4 of TD.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2011, 05:08:33 PM »
Did a 10D normal 1LC my first try last night. :o

Also damn it Jaimers, too fast. >:< Though, I may 1cc lunatic before the English patch comes out at this rate. The game is still hard on lunatic, but it's certainly no UFO.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2011, 05:40:52 PM »
ZUN sure ain't kidding when he said he'd make 10D easier... beat normal on my fourth try, and the previous three were all restarts after ramming something stupid in stage 1/2.

(Wasn't a very pretty run later on, though, since I realized that I have far too many bombs in stock in stage 5 and started emptying it on anything that looks remotely tricky)

« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2011, 07:28:21 PM »
10D spellcard 4 hard (MOZAN style)
http://replay.royalflare.net/replay/th13_udn889.rpy

« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2011, 07:58:26 PM »
Sorry but I'm just really on fire today.  :derp:

It doesn't seem to require much fire to be honest. These new characters seem like nothing after having dealt with Shou and Byakuren. Doesn't mean the game is bad. Necessarily.

Oh. Got myself a 1cc of Normal with Reimu. My first was with Sanae. Then I decided she was a suboptimal shot type and decided to unlock Extra with Rei and I died once. I don't know what to think of that. There is lag spikes so that might have something to do with it.

EDIT: Timed out two spellcards. Nothing special but i figure I might as well post it. Its the first and third spell of
Spoiler:
Nue
. For some reason the first spellcard gave me trouble enough to fail 8 times! The way those bullets just redirect themselves really threw me off. Pretty embarrassing really.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 08:24:12 PM by Zengeku »

Jaimers

« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2011, 08:32:27 PM »
TD perfect stage 6 lunatic.  :getdown:

« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2011, 08:35:20 PM »
What the hell man? ZUN wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to make things easier. That Stage 6 boss better be harder than Yuyuko or else I'll be moaning myself to sleep over the fact that we get spell practice back when its not really needed any longer. Not that I mind it being here, its still awesome to have it back.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2011, 08:39:17 PM »
Come on people, we all know Jaimers is like a Touhou prodigy around here. Can't really expect much less from him. Big congrats by the way.

Anyway, cleared Lunatic after like 3-4 continues. I still have no idea where the hitboxes for these new arrow bullets are (as in, just the arrowhead or along some portion behind it too), but I'm liking the new bosses so far. They actually look fair, unlike how Shou was. :V Given that I'm returning from a short bullet hell break to begin with, I'll need more time to learn stuff and get reused to the controls. I'll probably also stick with only Lunatic until I feel like unlocking the Overdrive cards.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2011, 08:51:35 PM »
You are right. I shouldn't be making judgements too fast before I've done thorough testing and playing of Lunatic mode. For now, @Jaimers. Where is that replay or make a video about it.

EDIT: And EX-midboss Spell 2 timeout. Why the fucking hell did this take 39 attempts? I am a bit tired but that's so not an excuse. I mean, damn! 39 attempts much? Well, that's it. I am depressed now. Good night everyone.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 09:18:48 PM by Zengeku »

« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2011, 09:27:57 PM »
PARASOL STAR MEMORIES CAPTUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And I captured Night Train in the same damn run. If I hadn't gotten unlucky with Nonsense Sign Rain it *could* have been a perfect.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

nintendonut888

« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2011, 09:34:33 PM »
10D easy 1cc, since you need to
Spoiler:
beat the target spell card on all difficulties to unlock its overdrive version
. Somehow I did worse than on normal. BV I must say though, Youmu is a lot better than I thought from the demo, since if you can keep her at full power she completely wrecks the game. Still haven't managed the extra boss, but it's only a matter of time...
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2011, 09:36:19 PM »
10D 1cc normal got it on my 2nd try

Jaimers

« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2011, 09:53:40 PM »
TD perfect stage 6 lunatic video!

EDIT:
Timed out the final spellcard while bringing it to it's hardest state as fast as possible.
There's no timeout phase?  :(
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:43:23 PM by Jaimers »

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #163 on: August 13, 2011, 10:35:54 PM »
10D, Stage 6 Boss, Final Card, Lunatic, Capture
http://www.wuala.com/GreenVirus/Unsorted/th13_01.rpy

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

Formless God

« Reply #164 on: August 13, 2011, 10:57:48 PM »
Alright, captured the disco spell, thanks Jaimers.
Spoiler:
you never told me I had to stay close to the boss though
:V

nintendonut888

« Reply #165 on: August 13, 2011, 11:17:53 PM »
10D hard 1cc. I fear to see how this all turns into lunatic. 8(

« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2011, 11:25:46 PM »
Could you explain a bit more about "Overdrive" ? How many of these spell cards are there ? How do you unlock them ?
I am French, so i'm sorry if I make any mistakes. ^^

Formless God

« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2011, 11:27:03 PM »
Could you explain a bit more about "Overdrive" ? How many of these spell cards are there ? How do you unlock them ?
Eight. You unlock the Overdrive variant by clearing that card on all difficulties.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2011, 03:04:43 AM »
TD Extra boss Overdrive spell cap.
I sucked at this spell the first time I did it in extra mode. Then I cleared it first try in spell practice. Then first try again on Overdrive.
Also on the stage 6 boss spell 4 I think I never would've thought of
Spoiler:
going round in circles
Also spell practice is too bare for me. Needs more cards.

Formless God

« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2011, 03:35:19 AM »
Captured all Overdrives except S4. Yuyuko's is actually hard. Seiga's ... well, 0/300. The tracking orbs always wall me, there has to be a gimmick I overlooked.

« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2011, 03:45:27 AM »
I couldn't find one. Those homing orbs are difficult, but the only way I found was to just keep misdirecting them to the sides and slipping through them to hit her a bit. Takes a while and it's not overly reliable, but it's how I got my cap.

Also spell practice is too bare for me. Needs more cards.

Agreed. Kinda wish every card had an overdrive version, can't be that difficult to think of new ways to make some of these more difficult.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2011, 04:06:13 AM »
Agreed. Kinda wish every card had an overdrive version, can't be that difficult to think of new ways to make some of these more difficult.

That's what Ultra is for.

J.O.B

« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2011, 04:10:28 AM »
It's really sad if I can unlock all of the cards in under two days (which I did).
Also capped Kyouko's Overdrive first try, the final boss' Overdrive in 2-3 tries and I think I might have done the stage 5 boss' Overdrive too.
And almost got Yuyuko's first try. Since then I haven't been able to get that far.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:12:59 AM by J.O.B »

« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2011, 04:18:46 AM »
TD Normal 1cc on my first try. Yeah it's easy as hell but Stages 4-6 are pretty damn fun. Dat last Stage 5 spellcard :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2011, 04:40:33 AM »
Ten Desires Lunatic 1cc (replay attached to post).

Well that took a little less time than I thought. I was expecting this to take me until later this morning or so (it's past midnight where I am), but thank God for my good memorizing skills. :V Some of these stages are gonna be a bitch to perfect, though I still think I have a better shot at all of these than some stages from previous games.

Dat last Stage 5 spellcard :V
I know right? The Lunatic version reminds me of Phantasm Romance Yuuka's first boss card, except even better.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:42:29 AM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2011, 04:57:41 AM »
I captured Kyouko's Overdrive =D

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

nintendonut888

« Reply #176 on: August 14, 2011, 05:20:43 AM »
OH MY GOD.

WHAT WAS THAT OVERDRIVE
Spoiler:
SEIGA
HAD?

AND HOW DID I CAPTURE IT MY SECOND TRY?

Formless God

« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2011, 05:22:14 AM »
OH MY GOD.

WHAT WAS THAT OVERDRIVE
Spoiler:
SEIGA
HAD?

死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね

J.O.B

« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2011, 05:35:25 AM »
Capped Yuyu's Overdrive now.
Also.
OH MY GOD.

WHAT WAS THAT OVERDRIVE
Spoiler:
SEIGA
HAD?

死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね

nintendonut888

« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2011, 05:59:32 AM »
死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね

;^_^

If it helps, I was using Youmu, who ended the card very quickly. I'm trying it with Reimu now and am at 75 tries with no success. BUT OH MY GOD THIS CARD IS SO FUN. 8D

EDIT: And captured it, 1/114. My god, that was the most fun I've had in Touhou in a while.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:10:45 AM by nintendonut888 »