Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 206840 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #960 on: November 07, 2011, 02:09:37 AM »
And now, the latest in Operation Scarlet Meister:

[17:53] <Kuruminut> Sapz: So, if you direct the first wave at a near-horizontal angle, you obviously make things much easier, cutting the bullets you have to dodge nearly in half
[17:53] <Sapz> ...
[17:53] <Sapz> That's a good idea actually
[17:54] <Sapz> But then, there's the problem of actually hitting Remi
[17:54] <GrumpXeph> That does sound difficult to pull off without getting sniped by something though.
[17:54] <Kuruminut> The logical next step is: In dodging Scarlet Meister, you must try and misdirect the waves as far up as possible, and place this in higher priority than damaging Remilia!
[17:54] <Kuruminut> Of course, surviving the waves is hard enough, let alone moving up to misdirect, so...
[17:55] <Kuruminut> However, I usually dodge at least two waves of the attack following this strategy!

orz

On brighter news, I just discovered something amazing: A way to increase Marisa A's damage output in EoSD. Though I have no idea why, if you fire while moving upwards, then abruptly change directions and start moving down, you will deal extra damage at the point where you start moving down. This makes no sense, and testing has shown that the damage is not accounted for by extra DPS by being close to the boss, so...I dunno. It's helpful though in situations like making sure you halt Remilia's fourth phase at the third wave.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ark

• みょん
« Reply #961 on: November 07, 2011, 02:45:06 AM »
Is that just because your shots are more dense while moving up? I'd expect your average damage rate to be the same, although you could use that to get a burst of high damage (offset by lower damage while moving down).

Zil

« Reply #962 on: November 07, 2011, 03:01:18 AM »
On brighter news, I just discovered something amazing: A way to increase Marisa A's damage output in EoSD. Though I have no idea why, if you fire while moving upwards, then abruptly change directions and start moving down, you will deal extra damage at the point where you start moving down. This makes no sense, and testing has shown that the damage is not accounted for by extra DPS by being close to the boss, so...I dunno. It's helpful though in situations like making sure you halt Remilia's fourth phase at the third wave.
Yeah, it's like Neried said. I'm pretty sure it's because you're stacking bullets on top of each other. While moving forward you increase damage, but while backing up its reduced. It's good if you can finish off the card with the slight boost, and back up during the transition. You can get something like this in TD with Reimu's homing amulets. Flood the screen with them when the boss is invincible, then switch to needles. They get hit by focused fire and the residual amulets. I'm not 100% on that though.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #963 on: November 07, 2011, 06:06:30 AM »
So it's past midnight where I am, which means it's now been two years since I first played a Touhou game. I don't have any new notable replays to celebrate this though, so I'm stuck with saying how remaining this much of a fan of the games for this long must be an achievement in itself. :V

Though there is something that caught my eye recently. Thanks to my SA score.dat file randomly resetting itself, my Spellcard histories are now potentially more accurate for my current skill level. During the time I spent today trying to perfect SA Stage 5 Lunatic, I noticed that I'm now capturing the Catwalk a little over one-third of the time (with around 100 tries currently). To think I've improved enough to get that good at that card... I've come a long way in two years.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #964 on: November 07, 2011, 06:58:14 AM »
Wait JUST A SECOND.

I failed. I made it past Scarlet Meister and Scarlet Gensokyo ganked me (well, no, the death was entirely my fault). BUT. And but, I just realized something about this card.

Through all my finageling, through over 400 attempts, I have never realized that it was possible to brute force your way past the waves through Marisa's unfocused movement. And it's...somehow much safer than I imagined. Have I just gotten that skilled...?

Anyway, this is far from a surefire crack, but this new tactic will solve many a failed attempt that got stuck in the corner, and through the simplest way possible: Just freaking run.

Oh, and to prove it's not just another red herring, I captured Scarlet Meister twice in a row. 8)
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #965 on: November 07, 2011, 08:34:03 AM »
After an EoSD boss rush failing to perfect any of them (Meiling, Patchy, Remilia, 1 mistake on each), I turned to Imperishable Night.
Perfect (normal) Reisen, perfect stage aside from an annoying clip to Tewi's second pattern.

« Reply #966 on: November 07, 2011, 01:04:28 PM »
My ONLY vaguely notable achievement isn't even from a danmaku game, the best of which I have is a 1cc on IN Easy and a 2cc on SA Easy. T^T
Anyway: SWR, I managed to clear Tenshi in Normal with Yuyu without taking damage~
Nyuu~
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #967 on: November 07, 2011, 07:32:17 PM »
PERFECT NORMAL MIKO
That took almost no time at all.

and now 3rd times the charm with Meiling.
List is down to 10.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #968 on: November 08, 2011, 04:08:09 AM »
SA Stage 5 Lunatic perfect run!

Yesyesyesyesyes! I finally did it! :toot: Now I actually do have something to help celebrate today. :V
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 04:10:17 AM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #969 on: November 08, 2011, 04:57:54 AM »
Nice job on the perfect S5.

Also, While trying to perfect Kaguya, I decided the best shot type for the job was either solo Remilia or Scarlet team.  My score.dat had a gaping hole on Scarlet Team though, I hadn't cleared normal with them yet.  So I did.
I didn't die, meaning Imperishable Night normal 1LC

Oh, and the Kaguya battle had all attacks except one aced, so I can totally do it as long as Dragon's Necklace cooperates. as does Buddhist Diamond.  as does Swallow's Cowrie Shell. as does the 3rd nonspell.  and the first nonspell too.  and the last one I guess.

« Reply #970 on: November 08, 2011, 12:48:23 PM »
SA Stage 5 Lunatic perfect run!

Great job there. SA Stage 5 is one of the hardest bitches out there so great job on taking it down. It also happens to be the only stage I haven't perfected in SA too so good job on it.

« Reply #971 on: November 08, 2011, 05:25:03 PM »
I beat Flandre for the third time today, with Marisa B after taking a break from EoSD.

Totally didn't use the Starbow Break safespot.

edit: ....YES!
I 1cc'd EoSD Hard! FINALLY! With one life and bomb remaining, too! I've been working on this for...2-3 months? Maybe less? I don't know, but I'm so glad this is finally done. EoSD, I'm no longer mad at you for hating me these past couple of months.

Maybe I should start working on PCB Hard now.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 05:58:18 PM by Glimmer »

« Reply #972 on: November 08, 2011, 11:21:05 PM »
FUCK YES!

Imperishable Night Extra 1LC.

Damnit my heart was pounding out of my chest after capping Fujiyama Volcano. Made some bad mistakes on Possessed by Phoenix (but luckily I wasn't punished for them), and on Hourai Doll (where I was but luckily I had a bomb left).

Still hasn't really sunk in yet that I actually pulled this off. I've been trying to get this for at least four months now.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #973 on: November 09, 2011, 12:12:49 AM »
One random attempt today to try capping VoWG on hard, and it FINALLY worked. Gosh, that took longer to cap than I thought. Though it looked like she went easy on me that time. :\

Can't wait for lunatic.....
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #974 on: November 09, 2011, 03:17:41 AM »
One random attempt today to try capping VoWG on hard, and it FINALLY worked. Gosh, that took longer to cap than I thought. Though it looked like she went easy on me that time. :\

Can't wait for lunatic.....
What shot type did you use for it?
When I capped the hard version I used ReimuA and had to contend with 5 overlaps, 1 of which forced going through a wall.

Also, I captured it on a whim with ReimuB, 3 overlap waves, no required wall pass-throughs.

EDIT: PCB extra no bomb no border break clear.  3 deaths; 1 dodging mistake, 1 wall and 1 derp.  and on a whim I decided to see how far I could true pacifist PCB easy.  I got halfway through before Stage 4 ended my run pre-Lily.  perfect pacifist stages 1, 2 and 3 though.

YEAH!!!!  UFO Stage 4 normal perfect, while going for Murasa.  I finally DIDN'T choke on Sinker Ghost or somewhere else stupid.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16848

« Reply #975 on: November 09, 2011, 01:29:44 PM »
I 1cc'd EoSD Hard! FINALLY! With one life and bomb remaining, too! I've been working on this for...2-3 months? Maybe less? I don't know, but I'm so glad this is finally done. EoSD, I'm no longer mad at you for hating me these past couple of months.

Maybe I should start working on PCB Hard now.
Damnit, I need to catch up. Still haven't got a hard 1cc. My laptop charger dying and the 3 weeks or so of very little Touhou in the beginning of October screwed up my skills.

Anyway, I beat lunatic TD (with all 9 continues:() by the skin of my teeth (0 lives, 0 bombs). Granted I died with bombs left very often but still...

But that's not what I'm here for. I did that to unlock Overdrives so I could practice them.

All overdrives (except Mamizou's) unlocked
Yoshika and Miko's overdrives captured
All hard mode cards except Guze Flash captured
All lunatic cards except Score Desire Eater, Tongling Yoshika, Royal Clan's Chaotic Dance and Guze Flash captured :]

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #976 on: November 09, 2011, 01:31:21 PM »
A far cry from my previous achievements of, y'know, beating the games for the first time, today marks my unlocking of the Solo Characters in Imperishable Night, with a few bonus accomplishments!

Namely, a no-focus defeat of Wriggle and Mystia, and a full perfect clear of Marisa, all in the same run, all with the Netherworld Team.  Link will be forthcoming after work.

Yuyuko shot, Marisa didn't move fast enough.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:18:51 PM by Kliff »

« Reply #977 on: November 09, 2011, 07:03:12 PM »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #978 on: November 09, 2011, 08:04:45 PM »
All hard mode cards except Guze Flash captured
All lunatic cards except Score Desire Eater, Tongling Yoshika, Royal Clan's Chaotic Dance and Guze Flash captured :]
Guze Flash is easy IMO.
Good luck with Seiga's Overdrive!

Perfect normal Patchouli too.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #979 on: November 09, 2011, 11:32:47 PM »
What shot type did you use for it?
When I capped the hard version I used ReimuA and had to contend with 5 overlaps, 1 of which forced going through a wall.

Also, I captured it on a whim with ReimuB, 3 overlap waves, no required wall pass-throughs.
I did it with ReimuB. I was really lucky because I was never forced through any walls. The gaps were plenty in that run, which was a first.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

ark

• みょん
« Reply #980 on: November 10, 2011, 03:13:51 AM »
VoWG never forces you through walls. If you get walled, it's your own fault D:

With that said, I seem to remember that the Hard version has more dense stuff than Lunatic.

Zil

« Reply #981 on: November 10, 2011, 03:33:39 AM »
With that said, I seem to remember that the Hard version has more dense stuff than Lunatic.
I agree. After doing a bunch of 1D and 2D timeouts on Lunatic, I once went back to try the Hard version and got my ass kicked until I readjusted. It's similar to the relationship between Easy and Normal, though not as dramatic. I think Hard is more about precise movement and less fast paced reading.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 03:36:07 AM by Zil »

« Reply #982 on: November 10, 2011, 03:55:49 AM »
Ten Desires ultra extra attempt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMzr6aucrHE

I'd actually be able to clear if it if I weren't so terrible at Mamizou's last spell, ugh... I've given up now because I can never consistently get through that card on ultra.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #983 on: November 10, 2011, 07:42:12 AM »
10D Extra, 90FPS.
I got to the survival card, which I consider to be an accomplishment now.

I derped to her seventh card, dying right as I filled up a manual trance...

At least I can reliably get 4 1/12 life pieces and 3 bombs by the time I get to Mamizou.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #984 on: November 10, 2011, 08:40:02 AM »
Ten Desires ultra extra attempt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMzr6aucrHE

I'd actually be able to clear if it if I weren't so terrible at Mamizou's last spell, ugh... I've given up now because I can never consistently get through that card on ultra.
Which version of the ultra patch is that?  Mine has the survival with 4 Mamizou's shooting catdoghorsefoxwolfrabbit things, not 3.  As a whole that version looks a lot more possible to clear, except the last nonspell.

PERFECT REMILIA BATTLE! (normal)
2 tries today, one of which got walled on her first spell.  I never missed a nonspell, and never missed her third spell.  Red Magic desperately tried to wall me several times, but I managed to find a way out.

« Reply #985 on: November 10, 2011, 12:48:49 PM »
Just got my best run of Ten Desires Extra so far today.

Got to Mamizou without losing any lives for once, getting just enough life spirits for 4 lives. I then screwed up a lot of stuff but managed to get to her 7th spell.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16872

I really need to practice more. Also, I'm not very confident of all her nonspells past the 3rd one. And she's annoying to try to hit on her 6th and 7th card
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:52:40 PM by GuppyForce »

« Reply #986 on: November 10, 2011, 04:23:02 PM »
Oh well. I a truly perfect match with Shou finally. My 'perfect battle' from summer was perfect in the sense that i didn't die or bomb but I didn't capture Aura of Light because she kept getting out of the way for my shot. I got her this time though. I suppose its my first 'officially' perfect battle with her.

Also. 2-deaths no-bombs run of SA Stage 5. First death... was bad. At that point in the beginning with the suicide bullets. Second death, successfully surviving pellet hell and then failing to dodge a simple aimed barrage of bullets. Other than that, perfect... It appears that I make a lot of those 'capture everything that's hard then die very stupidly at something easy' runs lately. Well, I guess that's not so bad.  ;)

« Reply #987 on: November 10, 2011, 11:33:34 PM »
Also. 2-deaths no-bombs run of SA Stage 5. First death... was bad. At that point in the beginning with the suicide bullets. Second death, successfully surviving pellet hell and then failing to dodge a simple aimed barrage of bullets. Other than that, perfect... It appears that I make a lot of those 'capture everything that's hard then die very stupidly at something easy' runs lately. Well, I guess that's not so bad.  ;)
Well hey, that also means perfect Nazrin in the same run as your Shou! :D

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #988 on: November 11, 2011, 12:01:09 AM »
Also. 2-deaths no-bombs run of SA Stage 5. First death... was bad. At that point in the beginning with the suicide bullets. Second death, successfully surviving pellet hell and then failing to dodge a simple aimed barrage of bullets. Other than that, perfect... It appears that I make a lot of those 'capture everything that's hard then die very stupidly at something easy' runs lately.
Well hey, that also means perfect Orin in the same run as your Orin! :D
fix'd

To keep this post on-topic-ish, I finally figured out how to ace Byakuren's 4th nonspell.

« Reply #989 on: November 11, 2011, 12:21:23 AM »
Fountain of Maith 1CC of Normal without bombing.

Took me one attempt, with four horrible derp deaths, one death that was understandable (Illusionary Dominance), and I still had three lives to spare upon capping Kanako's last spell. And I was using ReimuA, not ReimuB.

I can't even believe I ever found this game hard on Normal.