Author Topic: Catherine (May contain NSFW) [Demo Released]  (Read 2329 times)

Catherine (May contain NSFW) [Demo Released]
« on: July 15, 2011, 07:22:39 PM »
Old Topic

The US demo has just been released and after playing it I actually really enjoy the puzzle game. Though the demo doesn't go much in-depth on what you do at the bar. All you can do is text message, which seems interesting but the choices you make are really obvious for the karma level (mash X for K-ending).

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
Re: Catherine (May contain NSFW) [Demo Released]
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 12:31:33 AM »
I kinda didnt like the demo telling you about the mechanics and then backpedaling saying "This has no bearing on the demo version." its almost like, why even bother? but still, i just might go for this. I really wanna see how that story is.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 08:37:01 PM »
I kinda didnt like the demo telling you about the mechanics and then backpedaling saying "This has no bearing on the demo version." its almost like, why even bother? but still, i just might go for this. I really wanna see how that story is.

It's added there so they won't have to bother adding that part to the full game.  :V

I can't wait to play Catherine. Been waiting to be able to play it ever since my brother happen to run into it on the Jap PStore.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 02:25:21 AM »
I kinda didnt like the demo telling you about the mechanics and then backpedaling saying "This has no bearing on the demo version."

That message is there for most demos, because demos (even for technically finished games) tend to have bugs since they're quick copy-paste jobs with massive amounts of content removed, so some weird crap can happen.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 03:55:57 AM »
I don't think it has anything to do with bugs.

It's more "This stuff will actually matter in the full version, and we want to point this out to you - but, the demo's not long enough for you to see the effect it has"