~Beyond the Border~ > Rumia's Party Games
Money is forever - Poverty Quest
(1/129) > >>
Lt Colonel Summers:
//Notice: this is an AU taking place not just outside of my previous CYOAs, but also completely independent from canon, much like the Mahou Shoujo Byakuren series.

"Stop this madness, now! Please, I beg you!"
"Stop? Now? Why would I do that, when I'm raking in millions in cold hard cash on a regular basis?"
"You are ruining everyone's lives, and driving the country into an economical disaster!"
"None. Of. My. Business."
*Gasp* "You...!"
"That's right! I don't care what happens to this sorry excuse of a country, so long as I'm making MONEY! Lots of MONEY!"
"You're crazy!"
"Crazy? Oh, I'm so flattered, sister. Oh ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho!"

x-x-x

>What you just dreamt about is an event of the past, when your sister went insane after gaining power and wealth through a "magical contract", so to speak...
>You, not wanting to see her drive your home country of Musoukyo to financial ruins, tried to stop her, and failed horribly. She fled after achieving her goal, and has never been seen again ever since.
>That was 10 years ago...
>With Musoukyo being economically dead, you and much of your fellow citizens were forced to flee to the neighboring country of Gensokyo as refugees in an attempt to avoid the harsh reality that has befallen you all.
>However, reality turned out to be cruel for you. You were left practically penniless, unlike your fellow Musoukyians, and are forced to be a beggar, waiting for some kind soul to drop the occasional penny into your bowl - the only personal belonging you have left aside from the clothes you are wearing right now.

>You are Mitsutake Shion.
>Today, you are slowly walking down a not-so-busy street, as you have been for the past 10 years, going by your usual routine of being a homeless beggar.
>It is going to be a very slow day, like the past 10 years has been for you...

>_
Hello Purvis:
>How is our basic survival situation? Have we eaten lately? Do we have access to good water, or a place to sleep? Have we ha any luck scavenging lately?
>Where do we tend to have the most luck begging?
>Examine surroundings.
Lt Colonel Summers:

--- Quote from: Hello Purvis on August 11, 2018, 06:04:37 PM --->How is our basic survival situation? Have we eaten lately? Do we have access to good water, or a place to sleep? Have we ha any luck scavenging lately?
>Where do we tend to have the most luck begging?
>Examine surroundings.

--- End quote ---

>Your basic survival situation basically boils down to begging for food or money, and you get very little every day.
>Every day in the last 10 years, you've only eaten just barely enough to stave off hunger each day.
>You wished. You've never eaten good food (sometimes even resorting to eating straight out of trash cans), and you never had a proper place to sleep in (it has always been either alleyways or the city dump).
>You always find rotten food when scavenging. Still better than absolutely nothing, though.

>You have the most luck hitting the subway station, as you eventually learned. Even then, the difference is so small it barely matters.

>You're in the street right now. People are just casually minding their own business and going about with their everyday lives, paying little to no attention to you.

>_
Hello Purvis:
>Do we have a begging bowl? Put it out, and just look absolutely defeated for now.
>What do we know about the area we are in?
Lt Colonel Summers:

--- Quote from: Hello Purvis on August 12, 2018, 06:27:38 AM --->Do we have a begging bowl? Put it out, and just look absolutely defeated for now.
>What do we know about the area we are in?

--- End quote ---

>Of course you have your bowl. You are holding it right now.
>You are in the shopping district of Gensokyo's smallest city (which is still pretty large). This is where the citizens often go to shop, or just happen to pass by when commuting to elsewhere. That's all you know about it, though...

>_
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version