~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center
[Music CD]s that mimic ZUN games: Last Update? Smells like Beer vol. 2 and more!
(1/6) > >>
Popcioslav:
I originally made this thread for Uncreatable Idea seen below, however with more and more Music albums coming with high quality, but not being really games thus ending up overshadowed I've decided to give them a place in case anyone appreciates them as much as I do. If you found any music CDs like this or Elemental Quintet. please post them here, I'm really curious!

Once again, I'm not sure if this is the best place to share this, but user named Burnyho made a pretty nice replication of standard Touhou game formula, with story, music... well only without actual gameplay. The character art is made Ringo Nosuke. As of right it was released with 15 (16?) tracks and 6 stages with strong hints of extra stage being released soon. The project was written in japanese so I honestly have no clue what's going on in the plot, but I'm pretty sure the theme seems to be medicine/artificial people/science or how the author put it "I wonder if it's good to bring European science into the East" ?

Link to the first part (Stages 1~3): Youtube , Nico
Link to the second part (Stage 4~6):  Youtube , Nico
Also here's Soundcloud account with each individual song and nico one.

The titles of the songs:

--- Quote ---1. Fantasy Research Laboratory                                                                             (Title screen theme)
2. Gensokyo in Silence ~ Silent Incident                                                                (Stage 1 theme)
3. Singing Mandragora ~ Lunatic Song                                                                  (Nasu Kanoko's theme)
4. An Utterly Unprecedented Bizarre Case                                                           (Stage 2 theme)
5. Inscrutible Tea Party ~ Strange Teaparty                                                          (Theophilia Cinnabar's theme)
6. Fantastic Night Flight Behind the Shrine Grounds                                          (Stage 3 theme)
7. Melusina of Subservience ~ Dragonmaid                                                         (Melusina Brittany's theme)
8. Lakebed Shoot-Out                                                                                               (Stage 4 theme)
9. Chemical Trigger happy                                                                                        (Kabino A. Hekiko's theme)
10. The Fantasy Philosophy that the Girl Sang of ~ Fantastic Neoplatonism  (Stage 5 theme)
11. White-Coated Creator God ~ Dream of Dr. Jaldabaoth                                (Phillipa A.T.B. von Hohenheim's theme)
12. The Truth Casts a Shadow on the World of Reality                                       (Final Stage theme)
13. Perfect Human ~ Dream of Humanity                                                             (Hinoide Ai's theme)
14. Eastern Postscript Story ~ An Utterly Unchanging and Stimulating Daily Life        (Extra stage theme)
15. Can the Corpus Delicti be Proven?                                                                   (Theophilia's second theme)
16. Knowing Not Love, Humans Know Grief                                                         (Ending theme)
17. Reverie Pursuit Laboratory                                                                                (Staff Roll theme)
18. Player's Waltz                                                                                                       (Game Over theme)

--- End quote ---

Just wanted to share these and ask if anyone would like to help translating this? I'm legit curious about the story and I really love the soundtrack.
EDIT: Scroll down for mp3 download link and Gilde's summary

Smells like Beer vol 1: https://ichigo-paprika.booth.pm/items/1383477
Smells like Beer vol 2: https://ichigo-paprika.booth.pm/items/1754740?ref=pc_watch_description

Music titles:

--- Quote ---東方風研究 ~ Smells Like Beer. vol.1 (Tōhō Fukenkyū, "Eastern Fan Research") (東方風 is the Japanese signifier of Touhou-style fan content you can find on Nicovideo and Pixiv)

1.   消えた博麗の巫女
   The Disappearance of the Hakurei Shrine's Miko

2.   霧の冥界
    Foggy Netherworld

3.   ロスト・コープス
    Lost Corpse

4.   最も地上に近い地下
    The Underground Closest to the Ground

5.   歪んだ割り算
    Distorted Division

6.   地中の青い空
    The Underground's Blue Sky

7.   第三次境界大戦
    The Boundary War III
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---東方風研究 ~ Smells Like Beer. vol.2 (Tōhō Fukenkyū, "Eastern Fan Research") (東方風 is the Japanese signifier of Touhou-style fan content you can find on Nicovideo and Pixiv)

1.   おおきなのっぽの──
    My Grandfather's Clock Was...

2.   並行する古き良き時代 ~ Contemporary Period
    The Good 'Ole Days Running in Parallel ~ Contemporary Period

3.   人造「パーフェクト・アンド・ウロング」
    Imitation "Perfect and Wrong"

4.   【削除済】時間大逆罪
    The L?se-Majest? at  Spoiler: [DATA EXPUNGED] 
5.   凍てつく青い鳥
    The Frozen Bluebird

6.   あの日のロマンティック・トランペット
    The Romantic Trumpet From That Day
--- End quote ---
Shizzo:
Whoooa, this is really cool!  and the music's pretty awesome.  Thanks for sharing!  I'm loving what I'm listening to so far!
gilde:
(stomps into the room w/ one leg real heavily like a sumo wrestler) heLLO

i wrote up a summary of the story + char.title/bgm/stage title/spell translations yesterday, here u go:

https://pastebin.com/1qMWZLeV

(some of the song titles are different bc of TL Accuracy Reasons and some of them are different for 'i just phrased it that way w/o thinking too hard about it' reasons :V)
Shizzo:

--- Quote from: gilde on July 19, 2018, 12:08:33 AM ---(stomps into the room w/ one leg real heavily like a sumo wrestler) heLLO

i wrote up a summary of the story + char.title/bgm/stage title/spell translations yesterday, here u go:

(some of the song titles are different bc of TL Accuracy Reasons and some of them are different for 'i just phrased it that way w/o thinking too hard about it' reasons :V)

--- End quote ---

Thank you as ever for the translations Gilde! ♥  Oh man, I can't wait for the EX stage now.
Popcioslav:

--- Quote from: gilde on July 19, 2018, 12:08:33 AM ---(stomps into the room w/ one leg real heavily like a sumo wrestler) heLLO

--- End quote ---
Thank you GIlde, this is amazing! Can't believe it just took you so little time.

Spoiler: The fact that stage 5 boss truly is the mastermind was kind of a cool detail that reminded me of SA and DDC...huh ...
Also again, totally my fault, but thanks for clarifying final boss' full name. I couldn't tell if it was supposed to Ai (as in A.I.) or Al (as in Alphred/Alfred - since there were so many european names in this already). Also the plot kind of sounds like Touhou Forever - no youkai incident? HMMMM... I'm actually not surprised Reimu's the only main character this time. Marisa probably is still resting until youkai will start acting again.
And also huge thanks for the bgm translation correction. To tell you the truth, I just took most of them from here thinking if author/someone translated it for Burnyuho it must be right. The only issue being the last two tracks, which I had to look up from soundcloud links and such. I'm really terrible with japanese as you see, but thank you.

EDIT: Also in case anyone would be interested (I know I was before I just converted them myself) the creator/burnyuho/Uzuki Neigh prepared mp3 download for songs in this album (the password is: idea). Now it's actually a music CD ^^;

Also game over theme is there and it's title is " プレイヤーズワルツ " ... "Player's Waltz" ? Google translate can't save me here
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version