Author Topic: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Touhou Ten Desires [TRIAL], an article full of desires and SPOILERS!  (Read 276152 times)

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

• OKAY THEN I'M A LEGAL AIDE
  • AND ERIN BROCKOVICH IS MY NAAAME
Sonata of Scarlet Sunflowers, a Flandre x Yuuka story. | Laziness of Daemonic Wastrels, wherein The Dude, Frylock, HW Guy, and David Wong get their asses kicked in Gensokyo.  | T.O.U.H.O.U.: Land of Shadows, a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Touhou crossover. | Abomination, a monster story.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
no
Unzan's gonna be the Ex-boss, using that as his final spell.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
I think another male character that hasn't been mentioned is
Spoiler:
Iwakasa, the guy that Mokou murdered to steal the Hourai Elixir.

I think another male character that hasn't been mentioned is
Spoiler:
Iwakasa, the guy that Mokou murdered to steal the Hourai Elixir.
He was an actual character in the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, so not sure that counts.

7TC7

• In best company
He was an actual character in the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, so not sure that counts.

Kaguya was too, so that's not really saying much.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
And Myouren was a person who actually existed, Byakuren being based on his sister. So yeah.  :V
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles

Youmu - Now half human, half ghost, and half janitor.

I mean seriously, I saw the picture and thought she was holding a giant mop.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Maybe ZUN followed ED's advice a little too closely HOW DARE YOU, BEDHAIR IS THE NEWEST FAD IN MOE

(IMO she looks fine, though)

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku

Youmu - Now half human, half ghost, and half janitor.

I mean seriously, I saw the picture and thought she was holding a giant mop.
Maybe Zun was trying to appease Sakuya fans but it didn't work.
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

They said that ten desires is the easiest game so far is it true?

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
Unless you haven't played the demo then yes it is true.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!

Depends. Its certainly easier than SA and UFO- that is, until you start trying to play for score. Then the whole thing is a real pain in the neck.

Taking only the first three stages in account, I'd say LLS and IN are still easier. Actually, MS and PCB are really easy until stage 4 as well. It also depends in the diffculty level, of course. TD really is on the easier side on Normal, but on Lunatic it's more on par with the more recent entries of the series.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Yeah, Lunatic so far isn't much less difficult than recent entries. Easier than UFO for sure, but that's only because UFO's first half is noticeably harder than usual. I've only done in-depth scoring with Reimu, but from what I've found there actually isn't a whole lot of tough dodging to be had when you approach the game this way. Most of the time you'll have a bomb or a hyper going off during each of the bosses' attacks.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

I think that what we have seen so far is pretty easy compared to UFO but compared to the rest of the series, i'd actually call it harder.
It would really have to be trying to beat PCB in terms of easiness and you seem to get less lives than normal so, no. I wouldn't call it the easiest.

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
I think that what we have seen so far is pretty easy compared to UFO but compared to the rest of the series, i'd actually call it harder.
It would really have to be trying to beat PCB in terms of easiness and you seem to get less lives than normal so, no. I wouldn't call it the easiest.
Dont you mean IN? In IN, the games gives you more lives from the get go and lax difficulty. In PCB after Stage 3 is HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK?!

Dont you mean IN? In IN, the games gives you more lives from the get go and lax difficulty. In PCB after Stage 3 is HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK?!

Stage 4 of PCB is just crazy i hate those random moving-shuriken spirit thingy, and those royal fairy..

Drake

Stage 4 of PCB is just crazy i hate those random moving-shuriken spirit thingy, and those royal fairy..
wat

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
The general consensus is that Imperishable Night is the easiest game of the series, yes. But of course individual results may vary depending on playing style and strengths.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
The game should be out around August 10, right?  We should also be getting the game cover around these days, right?

Thanks in advance!

Drake

Comiket is August 12 to 14.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

I dunno, its all the same to me. You just need to know the stages and the bosses and pretty much everything will take care of itself. That is when viewed in comparison to SA and UFO spells.
PCB just manages to be even easier than IN by having a really easy final boss and the cherry border system that you can really abuse if you know what you are doing.

Don't forget, its near.
1CCs:
Normal: IN (6A and 6B), TD, DDC, UFO, MoF, SA, EoSD, PCB, PoFV, LoLK (Pointdevice, Legacy), HSiFS, WBaWC
Extra: MoF, DDC, UFO, IN, SA, TD, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

SMW Central Profile | MyAnimeList

and it's just one week away.....

Grimarg

• B-but you haven't promoted me yet!
  • Thanks Aoshi for the avvy! :3
I'll be playing Reincarnation this whole week, just in case.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...

You realize that the cryptic dialogue from stage 3 in Youmu's scenario describes someone who couldn't possibly be Mima right Yay Reincarnation! \o/

So, assuming that spell practice's return means a return of last words, what should we expect to see from them? I personally can only think of nightmarish ideas for Yoshika's last word, with her spirit eating gimmick and all.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
Yay, I'm back from... someplace! It feels good to be back.
Wow, I can't believe it's just one week away. I remember crying just at the thought of waiting throughout the entire summer for this. Time flies, I guess.
(Now to just suffer 7 days of pure torture. I can't wait!)

Wait a second... how come not everyone is posting here and getting all crazy about next week?
I am ashamed. I expected more hype~

I don't think Mima is coming back (actually I do it's super obvious ZUN is going to include her), but I've been doing this for the past month, too! \o/

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
You're probably speaking too soon. We still have that last week before release to get more hyped up. Though this isn't like some other games out there that might leak out bits of content leading up to the release to build all that hype. We'll only know more about Ten Desires once Comiket rolls around.

I am getting pumped though. Even if I can't take ns' record for Reimu Lunatic by then, I'll still be there to score the full version. Plus having access to both Stage and Spell Practice will make actually playing the game much more convenient. Plus my mind is buzzing through the possibilities of some of the game mechanics shifting slightly.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.