Author Topic: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Touhou Ten Desires [TRIAL], an article full of desires and SPOILERS!  (Read 275326 times)

everfeather

• Patron saint of ferrets
Until we get to hear the remixed Corpse Voyage Be Of Good Cheer in the full version.

Orin will be in the game. And I'll be annoyed if she isn't.

She already is, the Orin meter at the bottom left is her gauge. When it's full she allows you to be of good cheer and destroy everything in your path.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Calling it right now:
Orin's stage 4 boss, background is now a very dark place, she claims you are stealing her spirits, and fights you.

hiddenryuu

• Artist in Training
Replay function doesn't work? When I play a replay it simply won't replay and I have to play myself.

Also, am I really the only person who notices this? Picking up this life part in stage 1 doesn't add a life part. I can reproduce this every single time and think this happens on more locations than this one

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It does see the 0/10 becoming 1/10?

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
Huh, I 1cc with every character on my first go, except with Youmu. (It took me three times with Youmu, and on my second run, I lost my last life a second before Yoshika exploded. I love having the different shot types combined as they are (just like IN). Youmu's a little tricky to use, but I'm sure I'll get the knack for it. It's nice to know you can continue where you left off, not that it matters for my play style (if I can't 1cc, that means I need to practice some more). I don't have a problem with the apparent lack of ability to max out the life counter, since I don't plan on dying all that much, anyway. Trance mode is a great addition, assuming I can remember to use it (it's built in to trigger bombs for me; trance mode is going to take some time to use properly). I didn't expect to see Yuyuko as a stage one boss (though, it makes perfect sense when you're Youmu, can't just let her gardener run off). I love having the GFW life bars; keeps me from having to look at the top of the screen to see how much health the boss has left. Overall, I'm impressed. ZUN's outdone himself again on this one. Can't wait for the full version! :3

(And Orin better not appear; having three bosses reappear in a non-phantasmagoria doesn't work for me; I want some new characters with something I've never seen before; that means I don't want to see Mima, either; reappearing bosses are for the first half of the game, not the latter half, unless there's a really good set up for it.)

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Youkai of Tea

• Faith and Tea.
  • And TeaFairies.
When I first tried to play Youmu and noticed her focused "shot" I thought she would be that one bad gimmicky character but after giving her a chance I'd say her "gimmick" is pretty well done. It's very fun to slash these fairies that usually survive quite a few shots from every other character or those that come in pairs.

I'm a bit unsure how this ability works against bosses though. I seem to be able to hit them no matter where my character is located but with varying amounts of damage done. Can anyone explain how this works?

Also the skill gap between Normal mode and Hard mode seems a bit huge. I didn't even need to bomb once when I played the game blind on Normal but I can't consistently clear Stage 2 without being killed on Hard mode. But that might be just me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
One big thing I've got to do is stop going to the PoC constantly to collect spirits and then get sniped by a fairy entering the screen :V

Man, it's like UFO all over again. This should be a lot less of a bothering life system then UFO was at least, but you have to make sure you don't accidentally forget/not notice to collect life pieces... they don't last long! Well, same for bombs, too.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

hiddenryuu

• Artist in Training
Is only me that has the problem with slashing blocking bullets.

I died like 3 times while slashing cause I didn't see the bullet that hit me.

Or is it just me having bad eyesight for these things.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
The floating spirits system actually kinda annoys me. When bosses release them, you gotta get close to them to pick them up! Is the game trying to force you to use your Trance?

The music's good. Like any other game, it'll take awhile to rub off on me, but it's good.

Also, ZUN's special effects are getting really nice. I love how Reimu's spirit orbs shiver.
Also, combining shot types and giving only one type of bomb is a wonderful way of condensing things. I love it.

One thing in particular still kinda bothers me. ZUN has been kinda straying away from traditional danmaku style, making gimmickier and gimmickier attacks. I'd like to see some nice and straightforward sunburst-type danmaku again someday.

Also, concerning Yoshika:
Quote from: Touhou Wiki
Her flesh body is very hard, and joints do not bend. She cannot even walk that well. Her master is recommending an exercise training for flexibility. Activity with no flexibility often ends up in injury. Though she is just a zombie.

What is it that she is keeping safe? And what of her master, who employed a meaningless bodyguard like her?

Stay tuned for the retail version!
AHHH MAN

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Just finished Normal with Reimu. I had a big smile while playing.

Never expected Yuyuko to be a first boss.  And I'm surprised I was right about assuming that the game would use FW styled boss meters.

What is Kyouko supposed to be?

My mouth hung open when I saw Kogasa. ZUN must have been stalking the forums.

And yay for jiang-shi boss!

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
One big thing I've got to do is stop going to the PoC constantly to collect spirits and then get sniped by a fairy entering the screen :V

Man, it's like UFO all over again. This should be a lot less of a bothering life system then UFO was at least, but you have to make sure you don't accidentally forget/not notice to collect life pieces... they don't last long! Well, same for bombs, too.

Bosses usually don't fire for a while after you dispel their spell cards, and with normal fairies, when you see red/green spirits it's a perfect time to activate your Trance anyways.

Some observations about the scoring system, correct me if I'm wrong?

Small divine spirits only drops from enemies if you shoot them down very quickly, i.e. popcorn faeries need to be shot down as soon as they enter the screen or you get nothing, but more lenient on big faeries.

The rate at which bosses drop small divine spirits depend entirely on your proximity to their hitbox; as long as shooting and hugging their hitbox they drop the blue ones at several a second which in turn also refills your SR gauge quickly.

Best returns on using trance is activating it on a boss then sitting on top of their hitbox where your point values start to skyrocket from blue spirits, its almost like parsee again. On auto-trance, bosses seem to stop dropping spirits though.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
One, I'm not reading what you guys have posted because of spoilers. And two, darn it, I can't run the game at all. Missing a directx file. I've tried the end user runtime web installer thing, and it fails 2 seconds in. So grrr, I have to wait to see if people on the microsoft forums can help me. :(
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
One, I'm not reading what you guys have posted because of spoilers. And two, darn it, I can't run the game at all. Missing a directx file. I've tried the end user runtime web installer thing, and it fails 2 seconds in. So grrr, I have to wait to see if people on the microsoft forums can help me. :(
Download d3dx9_43.dll manually and stick that in your game directory.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
I'll call Yuyuko's downgrade the "King Dedede Phase". I'll explain.

King Dedede was the final boss of the very first Kirby game and a few others after that (also taking the role of penultimate boss). However, in Kirby Squeak Squad, Dedede was downgraded to first boss and is notably easier to defeat.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.

King Dedede was the final boss of the very first Kirby game and a few others after that (also taking the role of penultimate boss). However, in Kirby Squeak Squad, Dedede was downgraded to first boss and is notably easier to defeat.

Judging by the text on for official profile for the game, it seems she's just taking it easy.
Some humans were intruding her properties to investigate about divine spirits. After seeing them, she was relaxed that there was no need for her to do anything, and decided to continue with her flower viewing.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Oh wow, Stage 3 replays are derped, just like Utsuho back in SA. I got by with a single miss and managed to finish the game before the timer ran out. In the replay I lost all my lives ._.''

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.

Squeak Squad was a joke :( The most disappointing Kirby game I've ever played.

I love Yuyuko's depiction though. She's got these nice poses. Her portrait has her folding her arms in a very royal, nearly cocky manner, and her attacking sprite looks like she's... Flexing, or something. It's manly and cool. Manly Yuyuko might as well become a new meme.

Sampson

• Magical Pudding Sage
  • Fulfilling flan fantasies everywhere!
...Hm.  The game randomly froze up when I beat the last boss.  Oh, well, it's never happened before.

ZUN wasn't kidding when he said it would be easier.

Iliq

• Something
  • And something else
Okay, so after 3ccing with Youmu and Reimu without knowing anything, thoughts:

The Netherworld is pretty.  :)
Youmu, you're something. Focus shot being wide slashes? Awesome.
Yuyuko what are you doing as a stage 1 boss that's not right although now I can say 'Hey I NDNB Yuyuko on Lunatic'
Circle health bar is alright, but not as good as traditional health bars. Oh well.
S2 Boss' gimmick is fun. Reflecting bullets off non-edges, woo
KOGASA WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE... AND WHY NO SPELL CARDS
oh wow S3 boss, nice zombie pose there. Wait stop healing yourself arggrgrghgg

Game bugged when playing as Reimu after Youmu, for some reason. No bombs, no dialogue skipping, and crashed after defeating Yoshika. (On a side note, only two new lolis and I'm having trouble remembering their names  ??? )

Also, Kogasa: her ability only lets her surprise the players. :V

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Wait, she heals herself? I never noticed.

Kimchii

• Perfect Freeze
Seeing Yuyu-sama as a stage 1 boss makes me imagine Mystia laughing at her. And also Yuyuko playing with Team ⑨.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 01:09:48 AM by Kimchii »

Kimchii

• Perfect Freeze
Yeah, I think she does. I remember her sucking up the divine spirits,

Iliq

• Something
  • And something else
Yeah, I timed out her last card on my first try even after realizing it. :V

KOGASA WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE... AND WHY NO SPELL CARDS

Also, Kogasa: her ability only lets her surprise the players. :V

Play Hard or Lunatic, preferably Lunatic. Great spellcard unlike the one it seems to be based off of.

Which fails cause we were all expecting this.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Ugh, Yoshika's (the jiang-shi) danmaku clusters are so damn thick. >_< I timed out on her first card because I couldn't find a way around it.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
I kind of wish this were released at a time when I were more motivated to translate stuff (stupid Portal 2). At least it looks like all the major stuff outside of the dialog has been taken care of. I'll just go over some song titles and make sure they're right before they solidify.

I wasn't sure what was going on with the stage 2 boss at first but it's a pretty neat idea.

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
And that is ZUN's challenge for all of us.  In her dialog and omake, Kogasa wanted you to beat her because she could never beat Yoshika because of the time out.

After trying 10D, it will be a feat if someone can actually capture the last spell card of Yoshika.

Ugh, Yoshika's (the jiang-shi) danmaku clusters are so damn thick. >_< I timed out on her first card because I couldn't find a way around it.

hiddenryuu

• Artist in Training
Yea... With Reimu it's stupid hard she just constantly recovers all the damage you just did.

I think I ended up timing out her first and last. :(