Author Topic: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Touhou Ten Desires [TRIAL], an article full of desires and SPOILERS!  (Read 272952 times)

Scrolled way too fast.
Please delete.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:29:27 PM by The only Master Bigode in the world »

Stage 2 boss The Cheery Forgotten Umbrella

Kogasa Tatara

Race: karakasa ghost
Ability: power to surprise humans

A youkai umbrella that wanders around the sky above the temple. She found her place in the cemetery, and found herself living in the cemetery most of the time. This is because while humans that are rarely surprised in the middle of the road, they are easily scared when they are in the cemetery. You finally did it. Amazing.

But an incident has crept to disrupt her truly happy time.

A youkai who was never seen before has been appearing from the inside of the cemetary, and has been moving around like it was its home ever since.

She tried to get in contact with that youkai, but she couldn't communicate with the youkai at all. Feeling threatened, she wanted to shoo away the youkai forcefully.

But that ended up as futility. No matter how she attacked, she couldn't get a response out of it, so she escaped.

While she was considering whether she should ask for help of the members of the temple, she saw those humans that she saw before. They were those, whom she encountered and fought several times before.

"They must have come to defeat that youkai!" And so she thought, and decided to ask boldly.

And she ended up like this.
...so basically BYAKUREN KILLED KOGASA :3
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:38:14 PM by Suikama »

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
...so basically BYAKUREN KILLED KOGASA
I thought "those" meant the playable characters.

Then again, that doesn't cover Youmu, since Kogasa hadn't fought her yet...

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.

It does. Kogasa went to the cemetary of her own choosing, too.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Then again, that doesn't cover Youmu, since Kogasa hadn't fought her yet...
oh wow I totally missed that

:derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp:

everfeather

• Patron saint of ferrets
starting a petition to change the name of trance meter to the Orin meter.

Kimchii

• Perfect Freeze
oh wow I totally missed that

lol when I read your first post about Byakuren killing Kogasa, I thought you meant that Byakuren killed Kogasa, Kogasa became a ghost and was sent to the cemetery. But then I was like "WHY WOULD BYAKUREN DO THAT I THOUGHT SHE WAS YOUKAI CHRIST".

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
Was anyone else reminded of the end of this when they first encountered her in the graveyard of all places?

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
Are each character's pro's and con's translated yet?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
starting a petition to change the name of trance meter to the Orin meter.
Also add a thing that lets you press V to call her zombie faeries to assist.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
Is anything translated yet?
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:51:35 PM by Kumime Ichirin »

1CC List (all shmups)

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
Omakes in the wiki.

Just noticed them.

Also, does this mean that Kyouko works in the Myouren temple?

Then again, it says that it's in the mountain, and the temple's in the HUman Village, so it's unlikely...

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
While I still main as Reimu as usual, playing as Youmu is FUN.
Far more so than in IN and PoFV.
Cutting up fairies and bosses up so bad, they dun wish I din cut them up so bad
is just. SO. MUCH. FUN.
The slash is a bit buggy though and can cause crashes, for example if the slash is released simultaneously as a boss explodes, or a slash is released simultaneously when you're hit (especially if its a Trance-triggering hit).

Also Rigid Paradise. ON REPEAT. NOW.
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.

Tengukami

Gameplay-wise, I like this item collection system much better than UFO's. For one, items appear where whatever you were shooting dies, and then remain static. They're not bouncing and careening across the screen through a latticework of danmaku. Having your sprite just sorta inhale them upon getting close to them is also nice. Plus, the music is great.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
Just noticed them.

Also, does this mean that Kyouko works in the Myouren temple?

Then again, it says that it's in the mountain, and the temple's in the HUman Village, so it's unlikely...

It also states that Kogasa encountered a youkai at the graveyard, and that Yoshika has a master. Assuming Yoshika isn't Kogasa's youkai, this potentially puts a big hit on Myouren appearing, unless we see one of the temple Youkai appearing.

1CC List (all shmups)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Just some impressions on characters...

Reimu's shot type: Homing amulets unfocused, Persuasion Needle focused.  The homing is not very fast and seems to prefer stuff straight ahead so it's not like IN's crazy all-over-the-place homing, but it's not an intrinsically weak shot type either this time.  Fantasy Seal seems alright.

Marisa's got lasers unfocused and missiles focused.  Her lasers are actually really damn powerful, I was impressed.  The focus shot seems to be a little bit weaker almost and not so great for stage segments, but they do explode ala SanaeB's frogs on contact.  Seems to be the highest power normal shot.  Master Spark.

Sanae's the spread type.  Her spread is pretty good if a little bit underwhelming power-wise, and her forward focus shot doesn't seem that powerful either; but the spread gets really damn wide and isn't too bad for damage.  Her pentagram bomb is awesome looking but I'm not sure how powerful it is yet.

Youmu's weird.  The hit range on her charged shot is short vertically but surprisingly wide.  Her normal shot isn't anything spectacular.  She could be the most powerful if you can use her right - but it requires staying fairly close to bosses (you can't hit them from the bottom).  It doesn't start charging until the old slash finishes, so to get the most damage, you actually need to fire regularly for a moment after starting each slash.  Bomb is awesome-looking.

Also: For scoring purposes, the bosses let out a spirit as they take damage.  If you're close enough to them, you can collect every spirit they give off (your 'absorption range' will include their spawn point), which can significantly pump up item value by a few hundred extra during a phase or spellcard.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
this potentially puts a big hit on Myouren appearing

I'll once again state this.

I want my flying bishonen Myouren. I've seen his potential.

Unless ZUN goes a whole other direction and brings in Youki.  :V

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
I'll once again state this.

I want my flying bishonen Myouren. I've seen his potential.

Unless ZUN goes a whole other direction and brings in Youki.  :V

Stage 4 boss gimick: Reimu and Sanae face Myouren. Marisa and Youmu face Youki.
 :V

1CC List (all shmups)

Sampson

• Magical Pudding Sage
  • Fulfilling flan fantasies everywhere!
Mmm...enjoyment.  But when I compare this game's Normal mode to every other game's, it just seems so easy.  But it's just a trial, and at least Hard is hard...

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
Stage 4 boss gimick: Reimu and Sanae face Myouren. Marisa and Youmu face Youki.
 :V

YES

Mmm...enjoyment.  But when I compare this game's Normal mode to every other game's, it just seems so easy.  But it's just a trial, and at least Hard is hard...
I think ZUN the difficulty of getting lives into account and made Normal easier because of it

Tengukami

I like how ZUN has been playing around with rhythm more for this game. Yoshiko Miyako's theme is a great example. I love this theme so much.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
Rigid Paradise is my favorite theme so far.  :3

Yay for flying loli zombies~!

Kimchii

• Perfect Freeze
Yay for flying loli zombies~!
Chinese zombie loli yay
and also, she has a star on her hat. Reminds me of Meiling  :3

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
Chinese zombie loli yay
and also, she has a star on her hat. Reminds me of Meiling  :3

Maybe all chinese Touhous will have a star on their hat?  :derp:

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
I think ZUN just has some sort of attraction to stars. There's Marisa, Meiling, some other people...
i get it
it all makes sense now
he is a
lolicon

Kimchii

• Perfect Freeze
Maybe all chinese Touhous will have a star on their hat?  :derp:
Maybe so :V On the topic of Chinese Touhous, I keep thinking that Chen is Chinese. I mean, her theme is Chinese, and she wears Chinese-ish clothing.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
Oh yeah and that nameless stage one midboss is totally Nue :V

*sniff* I said this in my mini review which was posted towards the time the previous thread was locked.

AH, no matter; I won't post it all again. Still, glad to see the omakes being translated. Has anyone started on the translation of the stories yet? I'd love to know how Reimu/Marisa/Sanae react to Kogasa appearing once again, and Youmu's exchange with Yuyuko.

I will also ask... does Kogasa have a spell card on Hard or Lunatic? Cause she has none on Normal, which is a bit of a shame.

Kimchii

• Perfect Freeze
I think ZUN just has some sort of attraction to stars. There's Marisa, Meiling, some other people...
Sanae, too  :3