Author Topic: Parsee Quest (Part 5)  (Read 68432 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Parsee Quest (Part 5)
« on: February 25, 2011, 03:48:56 AM »
> You are Mizuhashi Parsee, and the surface is messed up.  It's okay, though, you're working on it.
> You've lived Underground for almost your entire life, but you've finally taken a trip to the surface for various reasons.  You're probably going to be staying there for a while.
> You've found out that Komeiji Koishi, Satori's little sister, has been missing for quite some time.  You've met up with Yuugi and got important information about Konngara, one of the Devas who left for the surface.  You've visited the Palace of the Earth Spirits and formally accepted the task of finding Koishi.  You've found out from Utsuho that the nuclear reactor has stopped working, and that a mysterious "snake lady" hasn't visited for months.  When you got to the surface, you at least found out that Hell's Moon went and flipped its shit, perma-killing fairies and possibly taking out the legendary red-white and black-white.  You've met a lot of surface dwellers.  You've been to Kourindou and the Bamboo Forest.  You've saved Koishi.  You've obtained Nazrin.  You've met Konngara, discovered Reimu's fate, and learned about Kikuri.  You are officially on bad terms with Yasaka Kanako.  With the help of Konngara, you've moved Reimu to the Palace of the Earth Spirits.  You've successfully hooked up Kogasa and Sanae, and probably Shou and Nazrin, too.  You've discovered Satori's feelings for Reimu.  You've reunited Konngara and Yuugi.  Konngara has used dibs, the most powerful force in the universe, on Sanae.  You've discovered that Yasaka has taken Utsuho from the Underground and is planning to use her to blow up the moon.  Konngara has kidnapped Sanae.  In an expedition to find Nitori's extending arm, you've gotten yourself wound up in Alice's plans to revive Marisa.  You've successfully gotten the help of Kazami Yuuka in doing so.  You've been inside the Scarlet Devil Mansion and met Patchy, Koa, and Flandre.  You've gotten Alice to make Flandre a doll.  You've suffered from a jealousy overload.  You've discovered that Mokou is immortal.  You've beaten a celestial over the head with a chair, met a kitsune and nekomata, and Yuuka's gate guard.  You've linked together the chains you have found so far and named the resulting construct "Emi".
> You are currently in your house, packing an overnight bag for when you go to house sit at Alice's while she and Yuuka go to Makai.

Inventory:

> Foreign-looking dress (currently worn)
> Scarf (currently worn)
> x1 newspaper fragment
  > It has a missing ad for Komeiji Koishi on it.  You'd better hang onto this for reference.
> x1 chair
  > Souvenir from the lake mansion's gate.
> x1 bottle of spring
  > It's a sealed bottled with a pretty flower inside.  It's a one-use item that doubles as an attack--a strong gust of wind--and a way of being able to produce flowers.
> x1 seeing stone
  > A triangular stone with a circle inscribed in it.  If you hold it up to your eye, you can see things that are normally invisible.
> ☼3000
  > Part of the reward you got for getting Koishi home safely.
> x11 stones
  > They're not magical or anything, but that doesn't mean you can't throw them at people.
> Emi
  > A construct made out of four golden chains and three eye-shaped orbs.  She's still not complete yet.

Quests:

> Learn more about Konngara
  >While Yuugi did give me a good amount of information about her, there might be some more information about her that might prove useful in the near future.  You've recently learned that Konngara might have something to do with Hell's Moon.  She was also trying to find a "Hakurei Shrine" for some reason.
  You found Konngara at the Hakurei Shrine, and learned from her that Reimu is still alive but in critical condition, and that there's a girl named "Kikuri" in Hell's Moon.  You still don't know what Kikuri is doing on the surface, though, but it seems like a case of Communication Break.

>  Immaterial and Missing Suika
  > You've learned that Suika must still be alive, but she has been 'gapped.'  You don't know what that means, but you figure that Yuugi would want to know.

> Red Shrine Maiden Needs Healing Badly.
  > You've found out where Reimu was, but she's barely alive thanks to Kikuri.  You want Eirin to come to the shrine so she can use her magical healing powers on her, since 'Yakumo' isn't doing enough.
  Now that Eirin has used her magical healing powers on Reimu, you've decided to bring Reimu to the Palace of the Earth Spirits so that Satori can take care of her and Konngara can leave the shrine.  Recently, you've learned that Reimu has woken up for all of five minutes.

> Alice's Love Colored Doll
  > Marisa is dead, but Alice has a plan to revive her...as a doll.  Why is she doing that when she has the body preserved?  She's trying to contact her mother, who knows someone who knows someone who can retrieve Marisa's soul.  She has completed the shell itself, but she needs Kazami Yuuka.
  > You've gotten Yuuka to help Alice; all they need to do now is go to Makai.  Is your work here done?

> An Offer We Can't Refuse --> completed

Jealousy gauge: (Capacity: 9/9)

Quote from: Sectretariat
> Find a backpack or a satchel. Fill it with warm clothes, underwear, toiletries, a nightgown, a few memorabilia that we don't want stolen...
> ... Put a pair of that racy underwear that we got on a whim to maybe impress a special someone in there o#o
> If there's a picture of Yuugi, bring that too.

> You head into your house and find a backpack, which you proceed to fill with clothes, underwear, whatever you'll need...you don't know how long you'll be above ground.  You pack in some stuff you don't want to get stolen, too, like that pressed flower you keep in an envelope, and your extra scarf.
> ...and that underwear blushblushblush
> There are no cameras underground, so you don't have any photos of anyone...

Quote from: Whuth
> Say, whatever happened to our headbutt competition idea? Didn't we make it a quest?

> With all the excitement going on, you completely forgot about it.

Quote from: Purvissimo
>Do we have any tofu? Toss that in too.
>There's not any signs of cucumber remnants around, are there?

> You raid the pantry and find some tofu, which you add to your backpack.
> No cucumbers in sight.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Re: Parsee Quest (Part 5)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 03:51:58 AM »
> All right, let's go find Yuugi.
> While we're flying, consider confronting Yuugi about her feelings for us. With all that's going on, that's one less uncertainty that we need.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 03:52:12 AM »
>With that dealt with, take a quick look around the bridge to make sure the repairer had their stuff straight.
>Presuming no issues with it, head toward Yuugi's.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 03:55:44 AM »
> All right, let's go find Yuugi.
> While we're flying, consider confronting Yuugi about her feelings for us. With all that's going on, that's one less uncertainty that we need.

> Time to find Yuugi!
> You consider asking her what she thinks of you.  You're overwhelmed as it is, having at least one piece of mind is good enough right now.

>With that dealt with, take a quick look around the bridge to make sure the repairer had their stuff straight.
>Presuming no issues with it, head toward Yuugi's.

> Right before you leave, you check the bridge to make sure whoever is repairing it knows what they're doing.
> ...They really do.  It's perfect.
> There aren't any issues, so you head over to Yuugi's house.  As you fly, you notice that the streets look more dangerous than usual, especially towards the center of the city.
> When you reach Yuugi's house, there aren't any notes on the door.  Does that mean she's in?

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 03:56:37 AM »
>Knock.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 03:57:03 AM »
> "Yuugi, you in?"

Okay, my activity over the next month will be very sporadic, so don't worry about waiting for input by me. Mostly, I just want to see Yuugi confess her true feelings (ideally while riding on Ran, with fireworks blazing and Blind Guardian blaring) for Parsee.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 04:24:39 AM by Sectretariat »

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 04:13:15 AM »
> Shouldn't our jealousy gauge's capacity be back to 10 since we aren't aboveground anymore?

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 06:57:05 AM »
Yeah. Probably just a mistake.

Of course, when we head back above and it returns to 9, that may trigger another jealousy attack. However, I've succeeded in coming up with a plan for handling the next jealousy attack, so we should be able to deal with it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 07:00:20 AM »
Being an emotional response rather than a rational one, I really don't expect jealousy would follow rules. Especially someone as prone to it as our future Kitsune Rider.

I'd work under the presumption it would never go away, as Parsee would ICly hold it pretty much forever. Should it, it's a nice bonus! And would probably be filled again quickly enough.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 07:15:30 AM »
Well, whatever. Whenever the next attack happens, I've got a plan of action (and no, it does not involve hiding or venting energy or anything else to just make it go away briefly. It's in the same vein as what we did last time, meaning actually dealing with it).

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 11:29:15 AM »
>Knock.

> "Yuugi, you in?"

> You knock and call out.
> "Hold on a sec."
> You hear foodsteps, and then Yuugi opens the door.  The first thing you notice is that the chains on her manacles are longer, and she's holding a roll of bandages in one hand.  She's wearing an ao dai, now, and you get the feeling that it's because it's easier to move around in for some reason.
> Come to think of it, you've never seen her looks this stressed out.  When she sees you, she sighs in relief.
> "Nice timing," she says as she wraps her arms around you.

> Shouldn't our jealousy gauge's capacity be back to 10 since we aren't aboveground anymore?

> Ah--
> Jealous Gauge: (Capacity 9/10)

> _

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 12:43:57 PM »
> Surprised, but hug back. "Yuugi? What's wrong? Did something happen with the drug runners?"
> What significance does her having longer chains have?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 07:47:07 PM »
> Surprised, but hug back. "Yuugi? What's wrong? Did something happen with the drug runners?"
> What significance does her having longer chains have?

> You're surprised, but hug her back.
> "It's more complicated than just drug runners...looks like there are terrorists, too, heh heh."
> If they're long like that, it's because they're going to be used in a fight.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 07:54:38 PM »
>"What."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 08:03:58 PM »
>"What."

> "I'm not too sure, either.  They've been trying to get at the Palace, though.  Can't let that happen..."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 08:05:50 PM »
>"Wait, what the hell problems could they have with the palace? Satori is the most meek person in the world!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 08:11:36 PM »
>"Wait, what the hell problems could they have with the palace? Satori is the most meek person in the world!"

> "Her family used to be the de facto rulers of the Former Hell, I guess they want to stamp out the last of that."

> _

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 08:15:15 PM »
>"Well, we can't just lie around doing nothing about that now, can we?" grin

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 08:18:21 PM »
>"Well, we can't just lie around doing nothing about that now, can we?" grin

> Yuugi grins.  "Yeah.  No way I'm gonna let it happen."

> _

Whatthe

• Still distracted
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 08:20:49 PM »
> What do we know about the palace's defenses and security?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 08:22:34 PM »
> What do we know about the palace's defenses and security?

> You don't know anything about how they defend themselves.

> _

Whatthe

• Still distracted
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 08:26:59 PM »
> "How well-guarded is the Palace?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 08:28:47 PM »
>"And how dangerous is the opposition?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 08:32:18 PM »
> "How well-guarded is the Palace?"

> "It's okay...we're sendin' in some guys to help guard it."

>"And how dangerous is the opposition?"

> "Sucks, but we're keepin' 'em down.  So far, it's staying in the city, so the streets're dangerous."
> "You didn't walk to get here, did you?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 08:43:01 PM »
>"Naw, it's a mess down there even when things are good. I thought the streets looked a bit weird, though."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 08:48:08 PM »
>"Naw, it's a mess down there even when things are good. I thought the streets looked a bit weird, though."

> "Good, you didn't take the streets...If something were to happen to you..."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 08:50:38 PM »
>"Then I'd expect to be joined by at least a hundred others in the clinic. So, what's the plan for these mooks?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 08:53:19 PM »
>"Then I'd expect to be joined by at least a hundred others in the clinic. So, what's the plan for these mooks?"

> "Haha, yeah.  We've found out where they're all hiding, so if we destroy the main base then they'll have nowhere to go...and cornering them will be easy."

> _

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 08:59:04 PM »
>"How many are there?"
>"Probably not enough to stop a deva of the mountain and an angry hashihime"

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 09:09:11 PM »
>"How many are there?"
>"Probably not enough to stop a deva of the mountain and an angry hashihime"

> "No idea, they're like rats.  But they're losing!  Hehh..."
> As she says this, she holds you a little tighter.

> _