Author Topic: Parsee Quest (Part 3)  (Read 68309 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Parsee Quest (Part 3)
« Reply #450 on: February 10, 2011, 11:38:01 PM »
> "Hey, Koishi. Where'd you get all the rabbits?"
> "So, where's your sister? We have to talk to her about some important stuff."

> "Onee-chan gave them to me~!" she says.  "Onee-chan is in the house."  She stands and gestures at the Palace.
> She calls that a house?  It's huge!

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

« Reply #451 on: February 10, 2011, 11:39:49 PM »
> "That's nice of her." Let's go in.
> As soon as we're in sight of Satori, start thinking really loudly: "Please don't question it and follow my lead!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #452 on: February 11, 2011, 12:45:52 AM »
> "That's nice of her." Let's go in.
> As soon as we're in sight of Satori, start thinking really loudly: "Please don't question it and follow my lead!"

> You all head into the Palace while Koishi returns to playing with her rabbits.  You don't see Satori when you walk in, but you do see animals wandering around.  There're snakes wound around the chairs in the center of the room, and cats...you recognize the black cat from your first visit, or Orin.
> Orin is padding across the floor when she sees Konngara, and then Reimu.  She meows loudly and blinks into human form.  She then runs down the hallway, screaming.
> "Miss Satori!" she shouts, waving her arms.  "Miss Satoriiii!"

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

« Reply #453 on: February 11, 2011, 12:48:13 AM »
> Mutter: "Oh, hey, Nazrin, it's your cat away from Shou."
> Louder. "So, uh, I'm going to assume that that's an invitation to go in." Follow that cat.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #454 on: February 11, 2011, 12:50:32 AM »
> Mutter: "Oh, hey, Nazrin, it's your cat away from Shou."
> Louder. "So, uh, I'm going to assume that that's an invitation to go in." Follow that cat.

> You feel Nazrin shudder in your pocket.
> You and Konngara start to follow Orin.  Kogasa is distracted: she has knelt down next to one of the chairs and is petting a snake.  Sanae lingers back and forth, as if unsure whether she should follow you or stay with Kogasa.

> _

« Reply #455 on: February 11, 2011, 12:52:45 AM »
> "You guys can wait here, play with the animals. It's probably gonna get a little boring." And awkward, if they figure out that we're pretty much making this up as we go along.
> Regardless, keep following Orin.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #456 on: February 11, 2011, 01:15:08 AM »
> "You guys can wait here, play with the animals. It's probably gonna get a little boring." And awkward, if they figure out that we're pretty much making this up as we go along.
> Regardless, keep following Orin.

> Sanae nods and goes over to sit next to Kogasa.
> You and Konngara continue to follow Orin.  She's really fast, and soon you lose sight of her.  You hear a door being thrown open, and Orin's panicked voice echoing through the hall.
> You hear Satori saying something, but it's drowned out by Orin's footsteps again.  You soon see Orin running back towards you, half-dragging Satori by the hand.  Orin lets go of Satori's hand when the two of them come closer, and they slow to a halt.  There is a very long silence.
> Satori's third eye reels in its socket.  She stares in disbelief at Konngara, and then her gaze moves to Reimu.  She looks absolutely horrified.

> _

« Reply #457 on: February 11, 2011, 01:19:43 AM »
> "Hey, do you have a room ready for Reimu?"
> Think loudly: "Don't say anything, just get a room. I'll explain while we go."
> When Satori starts leading us somewhere, start thinking about how Reimu got this way.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #458 on: February 11, 2011, 01:42:34 AM »
> "Hey, do you have a room ready for Reimu?"
> Think loudly: "Don't say anything, just get a room. I'll explain while we go."
> When Satori starts leading us somewhere, start thinking about how Reimu got this way.

> "What....why...."  Satori's third eye shudders.  "That's..."
> Konngara looks guilty.  In all fairness, she probably saw what happened to Reimu.
> "Orin."  Orin's ears perk up.
> "Huh?"
> "Go prepare one of the guests rooms on the second floor."
> "Y-yes ma'am!"  Orin runs off.  Satori starts to walk after her, and you and Konngara follow.  You start to think about what happened to Reimu, but Satori cuts you off.
> "You needn't explain twice."

> _

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
« Reply #459 on: February 11, 2011, 01:46:18 AM »
>"So our moon, I mean Kikuri's up there still. Without the winds anymore though and with the red white safe here"

Mokou Fan

« Reply #460 on: February 11, 2011, 01:51:55 AM »
> Thinking: "Also, sorry about not letting you know beforehand, but can you not tell anyone that you weren't informed?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #461 on: February 11, 2011, 02:00:38 AM »
>"So our moon, I mean Kikuri's up there still. Without the winds anymore though and with the red white safe here"

> "I see."
> You, Konngara, and Satori follow Orin up a set of stairs.  Here, there are less animals.

> Thinking: "Also, sorry about not letting you know beforehand, but can you not tell anyone that you weren't informed?"

> "And why is that?"

> _

« Reply #462 on: February 11, 2011, 02:08:25 AM »
> Thinking. "I might have led them to believe that you already knew and were going with my plan. I mean, I thought it was better if things got done quickly and Reimu was made safe rather than run around back and forth uselessly."
> Not that we hadn't done our fair share of that...

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #463 on: February 11, 2011, 02:11:53 AM »
> Thinking. "I might have led them to believe that you already knew and were going with my plan. I mean, I thought it was better if things got done quickly and Reimu was made safe rather than run around back and forth uselessly."
> Not that we hadn't done our fair share of that...

> "It's not like I would have said no," Satori says cooly.
> Well...

> _

« Reply #464 on: February 11, 2011, 02:14:46 AM »
> Out loud: "Well, that's good. Thanks for all your help."
> Keep following Satori.
> "Did you get from Konngara about the... changes... that Yakumo made to save Reimu?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #465 on: February 11, 2011, 02:16:42 AM »
I think you've measured Parsee the wrong way. Rather, she does have a good sense of right and wrong, just she's also prone to being emotional and impulse. Kind of a side effect of being fairly jealous of others. As such, she wants to do the right thing, but also wants to be sure everyone knows she's not to be taken lightly. And...she gets washed away with her own emotions sometimes. Manipulation really is just a side effect of jealousy; it's harder to be jealous of people you're playing like a fiddle. Part of the reason why things have gone as well as they have with Nazrin, it's hard to be jealous of a victim. And the justification for it, aside from feeling good, is that she's doing the right thing or at least harmless things.

>"Because that is pretty freaky if you ask me..."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #466 on: February 11, 2011, 02:29:49 AM »
> Out loud: "Well, that's good. Thanks for all your help."
> Keep following Satori.
> "Did you get from Konngara about the... changes... that Yakumo made to save Reimu?"

>"Because that is pretty freaky if you ask me..."

> Satori doesn't say anything.
> You're now walking down a long hallway.  Halfway down, Orin abruptly halts and opens one of the doors.
> "Yes.  I wonder about that..."  Satori eyes Konngara suspiciously before walking into the room.  "Here we are."
> The guest room is empty enough that you know it's not anyone's bedroom, but it's very nicely furnished.  Everything is very clean.  A few ravens caw loudly and fly out of the room.
> Satori walks up to Konngara and holds out her arms.  "Thank you, but I will take it from here."
> Konngara hands Reimu off to Satori.  As Satori carries Reimu over to the guest bed, you notice that Satori's third eye's veins have tangled around Reimu, like Koishi did to Mokou.
> "I'm not very familiar with Yakumo, but this gives me insight on her powers," Satori says as she sets Reimu on the bed.  "I only wonder if it's temporary or permanent."

> _

« Reply #467 on: February 11, 2011, 02:36:09 AM »
> "So, is that vein wrapping thing a reflex or something? Koishi did it to Mokou when Mokou was carryin' her."
> "When she wakes up, dunno how long that'll take, she's probably gonna freak about the horns."

Hm, yeah, that sounds right, Purv. One of my failings as a writer is that I can't do characterization very well, since I tend to miss nuances like that.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #468 on: February 11, 2011, 02:38:46 AM »
>"So you should be ready to blame Yakumo first thing."

« Reply #469 on: February 11, 2011, 02:40:24 AM »
> "And then comfort her with your love!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #470 on: February 11, 2011, 02:45:58 AM »
> "So, is that vein wrapping thing a reflex or something? Koishi did it to Mokou when Mokou was carryin' her."
> "When she wakes up, dunno how long that'll take, she's probably gonna freak about the horns."

> You ask Satori about the vein wrapping thing.
> "That is...well...."
> Is Satori blushing?
> "She rather did like being human," Satori notes.

>"So you should be ready to blame Yakumo first thing."

> "True.  I can't imagine that the transition from human to youkai is painless."

> "And then comfort her with your love!"

> dokidokidoki

> _

« Reply #471 on: February 11, 2011, 02:58:03 AM »
> Troll senses are tingling! But that can wait until we talk about Important Stuff.
> "Will she be all right for now, because there's a couple of things that's been botherin' me, and I figure that it wouldn't hurt to have Sanae and Kogasa listen in."

So, discussion topics:
1. Kanako's recent activities (restarting the reactor, recruiting Utsuho)
2. Figuring out what's going on with Kikuri, and what Konngara knows
3. The eye and chain
4. Marisa at Alice's house

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #472 on: February 11, 2011, 02:59:45 AM »
>"Especially given that..."
>Gesture toward the bandages and such.
>"It's really nice of you to take her in, it'll free up a lot of problems. The two of you are kinda friends, right? It'll be good for her to have that kind of thing around anyways."

Also be sure to ask if any of her pets have seen where Yuugi is. She kinda needs to know about Konngara.

« Reply #473 on: February 11, 2011, 03:04:06 AM »
Hell, let's take it one step further: freakin' drag Konngara to where Yuugi is.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #474 on: February 11, 2011, 03:08:39 AM »
Hell no we aren't giving that hussy any opportunities.

It'd probably do Yuugi's heart a lot of good.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #475 on: February 11, 2011, 03:10:54 AM »
> Troll senses are tingling! But that can wait until we talk about Important Stuff.
> "Will she be all right for now, because there's a couple of things that's been botherin' me, and I figure that it wouldn't hurt to have Sanae and Kogasa listen in."

>"Especially given that..."
>Gesture toward the bandages and such.
>"It's really nice of you to take her in, it'll free up a lot of problems. The two of you are kinda friends, right? It'll be good for her to have that kind of thing around anyways."

> You must troll!
> But not now.
> "I'm sure she'll be all right," Satori says.  She looks at Reimu.
> "Yes, we are.  She comes over for tea every now and then."
> It would probably be better for Reimu to be around one of her friends when she wakes up, anyway.
> "Well, we can discuss those things you're worried about downstairs."  Satori turns to face the door.  "Orin, you don't have to hide out there like some kind of spy."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #476 on: February 11, 2011, 03:18:22 AM »
>"Wait, what?"
>Glare toward the door!

« Reply #477 on: February 11, 2011, 03:19:26 AM »
> "Trying to be like a mouse, huh?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #478 on: February 11, 2011, 03:24:24 AM »
>"Wait, what?"
>Glare toward the door!

> You glare towards the door!  Orin is peeking out from behind the doorway with the look of a child who got caught stealing from the cookie jar.
> "Hahaha..." she laughs nervously.

> "Trying to be like a mouse, huh?"

> "You've got it wrong, sis.  Cats're sneaky no matter what."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #479 on: February 11, 2011, 03:33:14 AM »
>Shake fist in her general direction.
>"Why I oughta!"
>Leave it at that.
>"Hey, Satori, have any of your pets seen where Yuugi is, lately? Kinda want to find her."