Author Topic: All IPs & IMs report immediately at the main hall of the SDM [Final Results!]  (Read 40735 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Attention all IPs and IMs

Your speeches have been verified and currently being processed by Charismatic Judges. Please continue the preparations for the party as you are scheduled.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Please continue the preparations for the party as you are scheduled.
*Dormio continues to cry over various things.*

PX

• School Idol?
This is going to be fun
*prepares popcorn*

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
Don't worry Dormio, I'm sure you did well...maybe...I think....

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Give the body here when your done.
They dont suffer enough from a single god damned spear, yaknow.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
I'm glad I did the speech when I did.

I lost my voice for the entire day yesterday :V

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Mission 3, The Charismatic Speech - Results

IPs and IMs, I am happy to announce that nobody died during the speeches. With the previous party, someone said some rude things and well... below you can see the result captured on a photo.

Anyway, without letting the guests wait too much, the results!

Submission

The results are so charismatic, it needed to be done vocal as well! Please listen warmly to the winner. I will post the full text after a while.

[attach=1]

Full text + judgement details below.
Please read it warmly after listening to the above audio file :3

The three judges who have judged the submissions:

Lady Arashi, Sir Purvis & Gentleman Sapz.

They have judged with the following criteria on a 0-10 scale:
  • Charisma factor - Impression, attraction, charisma.
  • Jaooooo factor - Missing word = -1. Any genius/cleverness was rewarded. Correct usage.
  • Reimu factor - Can Reimu enjoy herself here? Is there enough food? Are there events? Creativity = rewarded, else standard 6 is given.

Word list was: Pad - Stab - Scarlet Devil Launcher - Chi - Charisma - Books

Iryan:
Charisma: Oh my, I'm being greeted by a warm and friendly Microsoft Sam!  8 Points
Jaooooo: No Chi that I could hear after two listens through.  Otherwise, good woid use. 7 points
Reimu Factor: Not exceptional, but not bad. 6 Points.
21 Points overall.

Caedo:
Charimsa: Hmmm, this could use some more passion. Doesn't have the charm of Iryan's soothing monotone. Also, it's way way too quiet. 6 points.
Jaooooo: All the words are there, launching pad made me grin. Stabbed was a bit forced. 7 points.
Reimu: Meh. 6 points.
19 points overall.

Trancibald
Charisma: Well delivered, but welcoming? But you know what? I didn't have to download this one and put it on my playlist like the rest of these mooks forced me to.  9.5 Points
Jaooooo: No Chi that I could hear after four listens. Kinda a pause too. Was that a Sakuya insult? 6 points
Reimu Factor: Nonexceptional. 6 Points
21.5 points overall.

Rdj
Charisma: Kinda halting, but otherwise quite welcoming. It feels like the kinda place where you steal the silverware! 9 points
Jaooooo: Got all the words, but some were quite forced. 7 points
Reimu: Mmm, some events. 7 points.
23 points overall.

Roukan.
Charisma: This isn't welcoming at all! But Microsoft Iryan is soothing... 7.5 Points
Jaooooo: They're all there! Some clever uses. 7 Points
Reimu: Eh. 6 points
20.5 points overall.

Iryan
Charisma: 8+1/10. The accent is pretty excellent, and +1 for taking on someone else's speech, too!
Jaooooo: 7/10. Pretty standard, but I thought 'pad' and 'stab' were nicely done.
Reimu: 6/10.
Average: 7.333/10

Dormio
Charisma: 8/10. Very suave.
Jaooooo: 5/10. No pads? Perhaps an attempt at being tactful, but nevertheless, -1 point.
Reimu: 9/10. Trips to the moon, food, and charisma contests? Nice.
Hmm... you trod very close to the 'not thanking people' line, but I suppose it's implicit. No penalty from me.
Average: 7.333/10.

Trance
Charisma: 7/10. You sound very wary of your guests. Fair enough, I suppose. :V
Jaooooo: 6/10. All words used, good stuff.
Reimu: 6/10. Activities, eh? What kind of activities would they be?
Same story as Dormio. Treading veeeery close to the penalty line. It's a good thing I'm so lenient, eh?
Average: 6.333/10

rdj
Charisma: 9/10. Cool, collected, courteous.
Jaooooo: 10/10! The pad line made me grin, I must admit. Jaooooo maxed out!
Reimu: 9/10 There does seem to be a lot going on. A good time had by everyone, indeed.
Average: 9.333/10.

Roukan
Charisma: 9/10. Iryan's excellent accent again, plus sounding like a very sinister butler. Was considering -1 for not doing it yourself, but I suppose not.
Jaooooo: 8/10. All words used, and pretty creatively too.
Reimu: 6/10. ...Well, you didn't suggest much to do other than sit and feel threatened. :V
Okay, really this time, no thanking the Mistress here. I suppose you could count thanking the gate guard, but alas. -5.
Average: 6/10 or 2.666/10 depending on how Hele's crazy scoring system works. I'd go with the former, but who knows?

Iryan:
Charisma: Mmmm. Your accent is lovely. I wouldn't have even thought I liked German accents. 7
Jaooooo: 6
Reimu: I kind of want to ding you for using WAV and making me download a 10 meg file for a one minute speech (>=|), but I won't since Hele explicitly listed it as a valid format. 6
Average: 6.333...

Dormio:
Charisma: Average. There's nothing that stands out, but it's not bad either. 6
Jaooooo: 6
Reimu: 6
Average: 6

Trance:
Charisma: Again, nothing special but not bad either. A rather long hesitation in there at one point though. 5
Jaooooo: The context of "pad" in here is confusing me, I don't get how pads were any use for the Scarlet Devil Launcher (it may also count as a Sakuya pad joke but I'll leave that judgement to Helepolis). I like the jab at Marisa near the end and the rhyme between "activities" and "festivities" though. 7
Average: 6

rdj:
Charisma: Oh god I had to really try hard to not laugh way loud in public when you got to the one part (it should be obvious which but I don't want to ruin the joke for anyone reading the judging remarks before listening to the speeches =P). 8
Jaooooo: I like the choice of using "pad" as in the slang for "house", "living space", what-have-you. 7
Average: 7

Rou:
Charisma: This speech. It is the funniest speech. I love it. Plus you get a boost on the actual charisma from Iryan's accent. :V (Though I'm sure yours is lovely too, it's not here to judge with. =P) 9.5
Jaooooo: "Stab a guess" is... kind of a weird turn of phrase, I think you were going for "take a stab", but I think the "stab" (ba-dum-tish) at Marisa for the "books" more than cancels it out even if she is one of my favorites. 8
Reimu: Since Iryan recorded it, see remark for him, but even less not getting dinged for it since it's not even your fault. :V 6
Average: 7.8333...

Charismatic Excel for Mission 3:

Final averages

Actually Roukan has won in score, however he is already an IM. Therefore, the contest was only between the IPs, but mandatory for all IMs as well. Thank you for joining in.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:49:30 PM by Helepolis »

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Congratulations Iryan~

This challenge was a lot of fun to watch, and it was an honor to be a judge once as well. *Sakana bows*

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
おめてどうIryanさん。

I so lazy with my entries.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Wait, I won?!  :o

Yaaay!  :D

Thanks to the Helepolis, the judges, my competitors, and the Mistress, for making this such a delightful pastime.

Now I just need someone to take away that YouWaBan title. For sone reason, I can't remove it myself.  :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Full text details are up!

Thank you everybody. I was kind of not expecting many IPs to be killed during the earlier missions, but  eventually most of them made through.

Still honorable mention should also go to Dormio for his gigantic IOCYS. (keep forgetting how to spell that :V). He conquered our hearts actually at the 2nd mission but yea, rules.

Tomorrow I will edit the opening post, summarize everything and provide hotlinks to the correct posts and pages. I will go to sleep now. As tomorrow Uni  orz

holy what I did a lot better in this one than I expected :o

Not quite enough, though. Regardless, it was fun. Congrats to Iryan for getting the highest of the IPs, and to Rou for highest overall. Hopefully the contest was fun for everyone!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
Still honorable mention should also go to Dormio for his gigantic IOCYS. (keep forgetting how to spell that :V). He conquered our hearts actually at the 2nd mission but yea, rules.
:D

Also, @Sapz:
I did say pad in my speech though.

Anyway, yeah, this thing was fun.
And also made me write something in English for the first time (that wasn't for school).
I didn't know that I could write ~11000 words in three days.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:54:33 PM by Caedo »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
i don't do well when i only have 1 minute, yeah?

i'm better with long speeches :derp:

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
Congratulations to Iryan & Roukan! :toot:

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
Oh yeah, I did give a transcript of my speech to Helepolis later, after contemplating that some words may be harder to miss.

The "Chi" is in
Spoiler:
"Alpha, Chi and Omega"

...  :moogy:

Also, I have no idea why people would like my voice so much.  :derp:

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
And after all that I win...the right to not lose my title. :V

Congrats and many thanks to Iryan. If you hadn't offered to step in and do my speech for me I'd be getting Gungnir'd right about now. -_-

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Well damn, No disappointment? Well fine.

Good job the lot of you. Now when are we all going to poke fun at the losers? :4

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
How about we poke fun at the people making smartass comments from the sidelines? :P

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Throw him a (9) ball challenge. It'd be too good for him anyway since he already lost the DotS duel I threw him.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Throw him a ⑨ ball challenge. It'd be too good for him anyway since he already lost the DotS duel I threw him.
Hey hey HEY bro.
You know I've got a shit computer.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Also, I have no idea why people would like my voice so much.  :derp:

You are soothing, like Microsoft Sam.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
First post edited and structured. Think that concludes everything for this contest.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
Hey hey HEY bro.
You know I've got a shit computer.
Dude. I play DotS on a laptop that doesn't have a graphics card at all.

Also, yay, honorable mention.

Anyway, thanks Hele for the fun challenges and to the judges for putting up with my entries.

EDIT: Also, Hele, isn't the acronym you're looking for CYOA?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Dude. I play DotS on a laptop that doesn't have a graphics card at all.

Just because your "non-existent graphics card" is onboard doesn't mean you don't HAVE a graphics card...

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
Just because your "non-existent graphics card" is onboard doesn't mean you don't HAVE a graphics card...
It's a graphics chipset, not a graphics card.

It's probably actually worse than a low end graphics card.
Because it eats over 1GB of my RAM.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
My point still stands that my computer is quite possibly one of the worst ones any of you could ever know of.

Then again, I kinda brought it upon myself, Turning it off only once every three months at the least... Yeesh.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
My point still stands that my computer is quite possibly one of the worst ones any of you could ever know of.

Then again, I kinda brought it upon myself, Turning it off only once every three months at the least... Yeesh.
Have you thought about defragging it once in a while?  :derp:

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
I'm the kind of guy that cant get by without his computer. For an hour at most.

I prolly should start taking care of this computer, but hell, I might be getting a new one soon.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
You better clear your cache.