Author Topic: Moriya Shrine Mafia II (Day 5)  (Read 41043 times)

Re: Moriya Shrine Mafia II (Day 1)
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2011, 06:55:36 PM »
Quote from: VgT
"Bob's spending more time thinking about roles than voting" well yeah because he's made One Post so far and it contained one sentence, which was "yo what's up with that public role."  jesus dude
Instead of being pro-active and getting a vote out/trying to scumhunt even if there was little on the table, he was passive and pressing a point that highly favors scum if information about it is revealed. Said information would also just result in a bunch of null tells for town. There is really no way that his actions benefit us. Yes, the role was public, but I had already pointed it out and there wasn't really much more to discuss about it.

Quote from: Bard
Slamming Doll over jokevotes, hurr durr. We already know Doll takes the train to derptown every now and again.
I don't see what exactly was wrong with voting Doll over a jokevote? The reasoning might have been a bit weak I guess, but at the time I was posting that absolutely nothing was going on and I wanted to get at least some kind of serious vote out. Then of course Bob ninja'd me and serious discussion started right then anyway because I have bad timing. <_< I don't think it was -that- horrible for the first attempt at a serious vote in the game, anyway.

Calling Bob out for "rolefishing" is also patently stupid because you posted your own curiousity regarding my role before, which I duly responded to.
My post was not intended to really ask for information about the role so much and point it out, since somebody had to sooner or later. The hmmmm was a joke, I thought that was pretty obvious but I guess now?

(Also, to add to what Pesco said about Schezo, it seems that his comments on me are parroted from Bard as well. I don't really like this. Is Schezo a new player or something? I have never even seen him post in general until now, not sure.)

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2011, 06:56:52 PM »
"but I guess now" should say "but I guess not"

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2011, 09:20:51 PM »
(Yeah I am new to this game.)

I think what Bob is afraid of, or what have you, is if we mislynched a power role that would have put him at a disadvantage since we know that having a bastard mod has already put the game into someones hand.  I can't really say much more until we get more commentary back from what Bob thinks about this though.

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2011, 10:01:49 PM »
... But that makes no sense. Nobody has proposed lynching Bardiche at all so far, and there currently is not much reason to do so. (Though I would like him to explain his case on me a bit better.)

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2011, 10:06:37 PM »
When did I bring Bardiche into that?  Or are you just in general as to what has happened commenting?

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2011, 10:10:10 PM »
I think what Bob is afraid of, or what have you, is if we mislynched a power role that would have put him at a disadvantage
The way you said this implied that you thought Bob wanted information about Bardiche's apparent power role to make sure the power role didn't get lynched. Or something.

I don't know, I'm kind of having a hard time understanding your post.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2011, 10:13:01 PM »
What I meant was he didn't want to vote in general for fear of lynching a power role.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2011, 10:19:13 PM »
Quote from: Roukan

I only voted Affinity as a joke, since I forgot about him when I joke voted you. Also, I was just commenting at the end that he was mafia last game, so my vote would most likely be wrong *shrug*

So this is serious votes now? ....Well I have no idea, I'll just keep the joke vote until I can vote someone with definite certainty.

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2011, 10:41:44 PM »
T_T

Day 1 is far too early for lurker hunting. More importantly, why are you asking other people to give their opinions while not giving any yourself?

Because I'm totally new at this.  :ohdear:

I need more time to think this through before I say something dumb.  :ohdear:

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2011, 10:49:47 PM »
Which means you're not going to scumhunt. This wait-and-see approach is scummy because you're letting other people lead the game. As scum, you wouldn't have to take much responsibility for being wrong if it turned out that way. The holding back on voting is just as bad. The day will likely end in a mad dash for the biggest wagon. If you're not on one of them near the end, you've got a bigger sway on who gets lynched. I can't be allowing that sort of thing to happen when I don't have any reason to believe you're town.

Allow me to elucidate, aggressive would refer to me regarding the pursuit of Bard outing additional information; not implying to being passive through the entirety of the game. Furthermore, I plain do not subscribe to random voting, calling out that I'm holding back seems like jumping the gun at this juncture. Likewise, I have no particular reason to think that you might be town Pesco.

Bard's said all he'll say at this point regarding the role, so no use looking at that now.
Rou: Let's serious up, part of what I said was to get out of random voting, figured asking about it would attract enough attention.
Hourai: You're not going to somehow divine something, just asking people questions is a pretty good way to start.

##Vote: Inaba Tewi

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2011, 11:13:34 PM »
that's a sick omgus vote bro, well played

Quote from: 'Robotic Doll.S'
I only voted Affinity as a joke, since I forgot about him when I joke voted you. Also, I was just commenting at the end that he was mafia last game, so my vote would most likely be wrong *shrug*

So this is serious votes now? ....Well I have no idea, I'll just keep the joke vote until I can vote someone with definite certainty.

That isn't how probability works, my friend.  Also it's cool to not have any Sweet Ideas to throw out but I'm not sure why you want to leave your vote parked on someone you don't actually think is scum.  Speaking of which, ##unvote.

fffuck my break is already over, I'll phonepost with some thoughts a lil later hopefully

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2011, 11:31:51 PM »
Ok, I'll give this a go.

huh what, you voted for Bob because he was somewhat passive, but he is more proactive and trying to help than some of the other players like VgT, who hasn't really done much.
ninja'd by VgT

Ok, I guess VgT is just nitpicking at Doll right now. But he's right.

So back to my original thought, why go after Bob when you say he's wait-and-see, while others have been less active than him?

And Bob, what do you have to say about what huh what said about you? Your last post didn't address this point.

Quote from: huh what
he was passive and pressing a point that highly favors scum if information about it is revealed. Said information would also just result in a bunch of null tells for town. There is really no way that his actions benefit us

I guess I'm cutting some slack for Affinity and Neo, but I expect to see their input soon.
##Unvote

I really hope I didn't just point a shotgun at myself.  :ohdear:

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2011, 11:55:04 PM »
Being passive while rolefishing is worse than just being passive, though in all honesty I'm not sure who else is being passive here. Perhaps you're mixing that up with what is probably downright lurking?

Also, back when I voted Bob, VgT hadn't even made a serious post, and when he did, he was still giving more input than Bob had, really. Not seeing how VgT has been passive at all, he did attempt to pressure me it seemed, though it wasn't with a vote.

I don't like Bob's OMGUS on Pesco, btw. I don't think he even said why he's voting Pesco beyond that he has no reason to believe Pesco is town (well durr, townies have no reason to believe anybody other than themself is town at this point in the game).

Additionally - not liking Doll for making no sense with his votes and active lurking, and also stating that he too seems to intend to be passive.

Vibri

• but the night is long
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2011, 12:47:08 AM »
Fuck and piss I deleted my post halfway through typing it.  Trying again

huh what: Your weird cluster of posts last night rubbed me the wrong way.  You seemed oversensitive about how people were going to respond to you and then you had a weird waffle about Bob right afterwards.  The players most worried about how the other players perceive them are not usually the town.  You kind of shaped up after you went to bed but I still got my eyes on you, buddy.

Doll: not sure why you thought it ws necessary to switch your joke vote from Rou to Affinity.  Then you tried to justify or defend the second jokevote or something?  And then you went "I got nothing, but I'm leaving my vote where it is."  When do you plan on playing the game?  Cuz right now you haven't done anything pro-town.

Bob:  That vote was pretty bad.  What exactly are you contributing there?  I'mma ##vote: Bob for making a ridiculous OMGUS vote with absolutely no rationale or scumhunting attached.  That is awful.

shit phone has textfield limit

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2011, 12:50:53 AM »
Third Count of Day One

Schezo (L-7) Inaba Tewi, Hanged Hourai
Hanged Hourai (L-7) Schezo
Robotic Doll.S (L-6) NeoSerela, PheoniX Wrong, Huh what
PheoniX Wrong (L-4)
Huh what, VgameT, Affinity, reVelske
Bob (L-3) Roukanken, Inaba Tewi, huh what, Schezo
Bardiche (L-6} PheoniX Wrong
Roukanken (L-7) Robotic Doll.S
Affinity (L-6) Robotic Doll.S
Huh What (L-6) Bardiche
NeoSerela (L-6) Hanged Hourai
Inaba Tewi (L-6) Bob

13 Alive, 7 to lynch
there are 16 hours left in the day.

Vibri

• but the night is long
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2011, 12:58:56 AM »
Affinity and reV: You both jumped on PX right after me, making you the 3rd and 4th votes respectively, and then haven't posted since.  So, that's cool.

(note: not actually cool, please come play mafia)

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2011, 01:17:15 AM »
I was just correcting Rou's wrong assumption, since he accused me of choosing Affinity's cause he was a good player.

As for keeping my vote on Affinity, well, I guess I can unvote...

##Unvote: Affinity

As to huhwhat, I'm passive because, well, I'm not really good at being aggressive. Sigh.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2011, 01:32:03 AM »
People are still jumping on easy targets for easy reasons without really considering exactly how such things are scummy especially when done by newbies.  The success rate of rolefishing is too ludicrously low early game to be worth doing so blatantly, and it seems to be a reasonable thing to do to pass the time for newer players who don't really have much experience at this game.  Thus, I can't see what all this opportunistic hubbub on Bob really is; he can be either scum or town.  Of course, there's a contradiction between what he said about 'not random voting' and OMGUSing pesco all the same, which raises eyebrows, but still it's not exactly scummy (e.g doesn't lead to anything; could be used as scum to pass the time in the worst possible manner but there are many others at the moment who are 'passing the time')

The people I am more interested in for now are Schezo, huhwhat and Rou. Schezo is the most suspicious for the classic bandwagon jump + parrot thing, which serves to close in on a lynch while being as silent as possible (not done well).  Schezo, do you have anything else on anyone else?

huhwhat is suspicious for tripping over himself regarding rolefishing; saying that 'we should honestly not talk about Bard's role' as if replying to an honest mistake and then later going 'oh yeah Bob is scummy for that', which rubs me off the wrong way.

Roukanken also seems rather wonky; he mildly defends huhwhat even though he hasn't replied to VgT yet here and arbitrarily decides that newbies would only go for agressive role-fishing as if all newbies were one and the same, which smells of easy jumping.  He even admits himself that such a rolefish would be pointless in the first place... so how is it actively scummy?

##Vote: Schezo

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2011, 02:09:40 AM »
huhwhat is suspicious for tripping over himself regarding rolefishing; saying that 'we should honestly not talk about Bard's role' as if replying to an honest mistake and then later going 'oh yeah Bob is scummy for that', which rubs me off the wrong way.
How can saying both of those things in the same post be considered as "later"? When I said I "Pretty much agree with Pesco on this one", I intended to imply that I found Bob scummy for the rolefishing (since Pesco had voted Bob for it).

Unless you're going by vote times, in which case I intended to switch to Bob when I posted that (provided he didn't start looking better), but I also wanted to see Doll respond to me (except I realized I didn't need my vote sitting on Doll for him to do that and switched it like 10 minutes later after realizing how stupid that was). Still, I did not post a quip about Bob only to go back and accuse him later like you claim.

The success rate of rolefishing is too ludicrously low early game to be worth doing so blatantly, and it seems to be a reasonable thing to do to pass the time for newer players who don't really have much experience at this game.
Not really agreeing with this defense. I personally can see new!scum choosing to open up the game by trying to get role information out of somebody so that their team is more prepared, if they do not realize that they'll probably be caught for rolefishing. Plus, with Bard's rolename essentially being confirmed, it would seem like low-hanging fruit for the taking, and curiosity regarding it would also be easier to pass off as townie.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2011, 02:15:36 AM »
(note: not actually cool, please come play mafia)

I'm playing Mafia by observing you people arguing over pointless crap. Don't let me stop you though, do continue. I'll let you know when I have an opinion, until then: Reply hazy, ask again later.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2011, 02:27:57 AM »
Now from what reVelske said just now is curious because he decides to not do anything at all to aid the town in trying to get some actual discussion going that will prove useful later on.  He calls our current discussions pointless crap yet does nothing to add to it and also admitted to active lurking, so whenever he does post his opinion, it better be insightful.  I will have to wait for your commentary to convince me now that you aren't scum.  However, bringing your opinion too late will probably sway a bandwagon into getting a random lynch and leaving us with less to work with on day 2.

Until then I'll keep my vote where it is for now.

Vibri

• but the night is long
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2011, 02:28:58 AM »
that is not how you play mafia, unless you are bad

Vibri

• but the night is long
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2011, 02:29:57 AM »
uhh that was in response to reV btw

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2011, 03:03:37 AM »
First off, ##Unvote

On to the Bob case, gets caught trying to fish out a role, and he tries to back off and wait for another wagon. Don't like that at all. And his last post just looks like an omgus post, while saying nothing at all.

Schezo, your original comments make absolutely no sense. In addition to your parrot + wagon, what you say afterwards looks like you're trying to defend the person you're voting for? By the way, ReV just commented on the current topics by calling them crap, and even though he admits to lurking, he's not trying to shrink off into the shadows. And based on how he did last game, even though his methods are not loved in the slightest, he does bring good comments.

Fakeedit: Also, jumping on easy targets

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2011, 03:08:20 AM »
Do you mean your jumping on a easy target or that Rev and Schezo are jumping on easy target?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2011, 03:16:51 AM »
Schezo is

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2011, 04:18:58 AM »
Mod: VgT unvoted here, and voted for Bob here, but neither were obvious. the most current vote count does not reflect this.

The rationale from voting Pesco comes from the subtlety of the tone. I thought he was jumping of the gun in accusing me of lurking, withholding my vote, attempting a masterstroke for bandwagon manipulation, and predicting a mad dash for votes when the day was not even half over. The fact Schezo nearly mimcked this, including the rush for time, even before the day was half over (again) is glaring, and has surpassed Pesco is suspiciousness. Furthermore, Schz hasn't responded to accusations, and half-gives rV a free ride for cruising on by in his latest post, not to mention it contributed next to nothing.

Also, I knew I'd reap the whirlwind for asking Bard. I was prepared to get nothing, or even get lied to. Due to this, I did not commit myself to that line of thought. I'm not shirking responsibility, because I sure am getting whacked for sticking out.

And Bob, what do you have to say about what huh what said about you? Your last post didn't address this point.

I guess I'm cutting some slack for lurkers (even if they are good), but I expect to see their input soon.
Pesco's and Huhwhat's reasoning is effectively the same. Their points are valid, but, not necessarily correct, I could be the scum they say I am, or I could just be a misguided town with a strike against me.

And regarding Free Rides: Don't.

##Unvote
##Vote:Schezo

« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2011, 04:44:27 AM »
I agree with the reasons and rationale behind voting Schezo. I don't have much more to contribute without just copying someone else, it's all been said before. So I guess I'm going to jump on.

I still want to see what Neo is going to contribute to this. That little box next to your name was green for a while.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2011, 05:18:38 AM »
Bob and Schezo are at L-3 by my count. The speed of it bothers me a lot. Hourai's #71 and the vote followup from Bob feels wrong.

« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2011, 05:25:43 AM »
#71, I was just trying to contribute so I actually had something to say.

And as for my vote, I see the rationale behind voting Schezo, regardless of who went before me.