Author Topic: [Challenge]This is where I make my stand  (Read 52183 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: [Challenge]IT BEGINS. BOOKIE REQUIRED.
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2010, 02:00:04 AM »
I'm not objecting to doing something to shake up the hierarchy (but I thank you for pigeonholing my stance!). I'm objecting to inconsistency. This is a zero-risk, high-reward situation for Baka, an opportunity literally no one else has ever had before, and one people are going to start pointing at in the future, going "well why don't I get this?".

I'm perfectly fine with Baka getting to skip the IP step and go straight to the IM challenge - but he has to put something of his own on the line. And no, taking away the IP he got fifteen minutes ago is not a punishment.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2010, 02:01:09 AM »
I think Kilga's point was that IP was pretty much just handed to you for your sheer brazenness, while normally it's earned somehow, so part of the counterbalance would be a penalty of sorts. And personally, I think it makes it more challenging and more fun if there's something extra at stake.

And I agree with Ruro that the point of this is fun. I'm just glad to see something happening in the IH.

But alas, you're only peeps on the interwebs, what can you do?
Ban him? Too harsh.
Take away his title? So what?

:V
Let me back into CPMC :|

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2010, 02:02:19 AM »
and then suddenly in the background...

Dude, this should totally be the theme song of this challenge. Totally.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: [Challenge] IT BEGINS. BOOKIE REQUIRED.
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2010, 02:04:39 AM »
I think IP is too hard to "earn" normally anyway, so anyone with a mind to shake up the stagnant hierarchy should be welcome to try.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #155 on: November 21, 2010, 02:05:31 AM »
Actually, now that I think about it, why am I complaining about this when I can just tack on extras of my own?

I am hereby adding the stipulation that, should Baka lose, he will be stripped of IP AND Unfunnied for three days.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2010, 02:06:05 AM »
I think IP is too hard to "earn" normally anyway, so anyone with a mind to shake up the stagnant hierarchy should be welcome to try.

Viva la Revolucion!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #157 on: November 21, 2010, 02:06:30 AM »
I'm not objecting to doing something to shake up the hierarchy (but I thank you for pigeonholing my stance!).

OK, sorry for misreading you.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #158 on: November 21, 2010, 02:06:49 AM »
THERE we go Kilga! NOW we're relivin' the old days! Fuck yeah!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2010, 02:06:59 AM »
I got no problems with Kilga's add-on.

But it applies to Theorist, too.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2010, 02:07:12 AM »
I have to disagree with this - just be your normal awesome self.  We had like 20 IPs a little while ago.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2010, 02:07:51 AM »
OK, sorry for misreading you.

That was in response to Ruro, not you. :V

Tengukami

« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2010, 02:08:24 AM »

For accepting a challenge and losing?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2010, 02:09:32 AM »
For accepting a challenge and losing?

Well it was the risk of accepting I guess?

Let's not get into technicalities and have fun with all th-

Oh yeah...

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2010, 02:10:18 AM »
I am hereby adding the stipulation that, should Baka lose, he will be stripped of IP AND Unfunnied for three days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjFxJVeCQs

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2010, 02:11:10 AM »
Actually, now that I think about it, why am I complaining about this when I can just tack on extras of my own?

Unfunny eh? Sounds like a food item to me. Can we eat unfunny?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2010, 02:13:13 AM »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2010, 02:14:50 AM »
That was in response to Ruro, not you. :V
You're welcome. <3 But really, stop dragging the fun stuff down with technicalities. Goes against the spirit of the Hierarchy. And besides, the rules were always a little ambiguous when it came to IPs and repeat challengers. At least we've got it out of the way.

As for the stipulation, I wanted to leave it to Purvis to decide, and now that he has, it's all cool. I don't like Unfunny being reduced to a card to play when it's supposed to be a legitimate punishment, though-- maybe something a bit more entertaining, but I don't know what, exactly. Hmm.

« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2010, 02:15:59 AM »
You're welcome. <3 But really, stop dragging the fun stuff down with technicalities. Goes against the spirit of the Hierarchy. And besides, the rules were always a little ambiguous when it came to IPs and repeat challengers. At least we've got it out of the way.

As for the stipulation, I wanted to leave it to Purvis to decide, and now that he has, it's all cool. I don't like Unfunny being reduced to a card to play when it's supposed to be a legitimate punishment, though-- maybe something a bit more entertaining, but I don't know what, exactly. Hmm.

I could always do a strip tease instead.

« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2010, 02:16:17 AM »
Oh goddammit Suikama :V
When they said it goes with everything

They meant EVERYTHING

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2010, 02:17:02 AM »
A posting condition that must be followed for a week or they get Unfunnied.

Something good, but I'm not original, so someone else will have to come up with something.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Re: [Challenge]THEORIST GET IN HERE.
« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2010, 02:17:56 AM »
Fakeedit: Yuugen-Magan x Toyohime, still OTP.
YES! Axman and I wrote brief fanfics of this. And we PROVED that it COULD work. Although I wrote that Yuugen-Magan had the hots for the 5 magic stones... Oh well.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2010, 02:18:26 AM »
I have to disagree with this - just be your normal awesome self.  We had like 20 IPs a little while ago.

I can't help but notice this comes from the person who got awarded SJ recently. :P My qualm is how "awesome" is entirely up to the staff. But this probably isn't the place for my gripes, so let us speak no more of it.

Fighto Theorin! I'm rooting for you!

YES! Axman and I wrote brief fanfics of this. And we PROVED that it COULD work. Although I wrote that Yuugen-Magan had the hots for the 5 magic stones... Oh well.

Eirin x Konngara is the one OTP.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2010, 02:19:58 AM »
Loser must make all of their posts for the rest of the week in Nadsat or be Unfunnied for the rest of the week +some number of days.

...Or not, ahah.  Just an idea, my little droogies. :P
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2010, 02:21:08 AM »
I would have "stopped dragging down the fun with technicalities" except I was not finding this fun in the slightest as it was presented after Theorist accepted the challenge. So I modified it so I could have fun as well. ;\

I admit Unfunny was borne of a lack of creativity and would not object to some other, more creative punishment. I must voice displeasure with Theorist being subject to the same exact punishment for losing that Baka is given Theorist is already putting something on the line, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

Tengukami

« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2010, 02:21:38 AM »
Loser must make a verifiable reference to a Stanley Kubrick film - but never the same film twice - in every post they make for a week after the challenge or be Unfunnied for 3 days?

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2010, 02:22:45 AM »
I'm of course supporting my new favorite annexed country, Moerin!

« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2010, 02:23:21 AM »
Loser must make a verifiable reference to a Stanley Kubrick film - but never the same film twice - in every post they make for a week after the challenge or be Unfunnied for 3 days?

Loser must make a verifiable reference to a Uwe Boll film in every post they make for a week after the challenge or be Unfunnied for 3 days?