Author Topic: [Challenge]This is where I make my stand  (Read 50602 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: [Challenge]This is where I make my stand
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2010, 11:06:43 PM »
I thought the mockery waited until *after* they lost. Before it's just good natured "heh, this will be amusing".

Course, I'm not much of a fan of mockery in general, but we've disagreed about this before.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2010, 11:07:12 PM »
Jesus Christ you people need to learn to take a joke. When did this place get so serious?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2010, 11:08:38 PM »
Jesus Christ you people need to learn to take a joke. When did this place get so serious?

I'm being serious? I mean, I'm semi serious, but I didn't think in a very confrontational way. Perhaps you should examine the taste of your jokes, if you are going to blame us, though.

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2010, 11:09:52 PM »
You mean like joining a forum and within a week trumpeting your intentions to be a mod? Yeah, sorry, someone brays their awesomeness in making challenge, others laugh with mockery in return. It's how the challenges are played. Lighten up a little.

Of course, hence the "lovingly", looking down upon, but with love. As in how a hen lovingly condescends to her chicks.
Let me back into CPMC :|

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2010, 11:10:17 PM »

I've been to a relatively high amount of forums where mods were batshit and ban happy with no humor. So I assumed for my first days that it was going to be like that. Then I realized, oh wait, this is CPMC.

Anyways keep up the posting, guys. It goes great with the publicity.

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2010, 11:10:48 PM »
You sound pretty serious yourself Ampster :V

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2010, 11:11:04 PM »
Hmm...speaking of which, Ruro, you're letting BMP have a chance at the ladder by circumventing proper procedure (well, as much as procedure applies to you).

What's the penalty if he loses?
Why would there be a penalty? Worst-case scenario, he loses this challenge. But there's no real limit to how many times he can challenge, so by all means, let him go for what he wants.

who are you and what are you doing
I'm not usually the one to say things like this, but if IH challenges are only for people who've been here long enough, nothing will ever get done with the IH. Yes, you really should lurk more and get better known, but come on now, there's nothing preventing BMP from challenging. And we'll get some laughs out of this, as every good IH challenge provides.

Perhaps you should examine the taste of your jokes, if you are going to blame us, though.
I think Ammy's fine, actually. He's especially right that this place needs to lighten up a little.

Anyways keep up the posting, guys. It goes great with the publicity.
As long as you put that publicity to good use.

Tengukami

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2010, 11:11:56 PM »
I'm being serious? I mean, I'm semi serious, but I didn't think in a very confrontational way. Perhaps you should examine the taste of your jokes, if you are going to blame us, though.

What are you going on about? Can you show me where I've made a "tasteless" joke somewhere? I'm just teasing the new guy's presumptuousness. Is that allowed?

You sound pretty serious yourself Ampster :V

Just more baffled by UK's accusations of being "aggressive" and "tasteless". Sort of out of left field, you know?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2010, 11:13:04 PM »
And we'll get some laughs out of this, as every good IH challenge provides.

I do it for the lulz. This place seems so dry nowadays.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2010, 11:13:44 PM »
I'm sitting here giggling my little rear off like a schoolgirl~

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2010, 11:14:11 PM »
I do it for the lulz. This place seems so dry nowadays.
Gee!

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2010, 11:14:44 PM »
This will be glorious. My money is on Lloyd.

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2010, 11:15:29 PM »

A drugged schoolgirl spewing out an excess of bodily fluids, drawn by fakepucco?

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2010, 11:15:38 PM »

If you want, we can whisk out some sake and get drunk tonight.

Gee!

It sure is boring around here.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2010, 11:16:00 PM »
Yeah, about that Miko. I've been making a lot of posts in this thread, and I think I should get 10% of the profits from the DVD sales of your challenge. You know publicity is rarely free.

@Ruro: But with no risk what's the point? Pah, you've all gone soft since back when I was annoying about these things.

* UncertainKitten pulls out a cane

Why, back in my day, if you screwed up a challenge granted to you by the sufferance of the mods *smacks lips*, you'd be unfunnied for a whole week or so. And that was *smacks lips* serious business back then!

As for lightening up, he's the one going off on us for questioning his approach to BMP. I was fairly chill about it. I expressed my own opinions without invalidating his. And suddenly I'm the bad girl because I can't take a joke. So, yeah ^-^.

@Ammy: The taste comment was admittedly a defensive comment. I retract it if you'll allow me.

However, it's not just this thread. You've been laying into this guy in the other challenge thread as well, and I think I saw a few lines in meido about it too. So, yes, you've been aggressive. I disagree with your approach, but it's not like I can do anything about it, or if I feel doing anything about it necessary per se. I merely was expressing my opinion on the matter.

@Warning - while you were typing 2,000,009 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Jesus God hell you people post too much.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2010, 11:17:02 PM »
A drugged schoolgirl spewing out an excess of bodily fluids, drawn by fakepucco?
motherf-----
*chokes*

/heart failure

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2010, 11:18:32 PM »
Who gets to decide what these challenges are on? Or it it a higher-up that chooses? This is my first time really seeing a challenge thread.

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2010, 11:19:03 PM »
That's it guys. Keep it up. I might have to spill out the punchline soon.

OPERATION NURSE JOY REVIVE CPMC

is now in action.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2010, 11:19:50 PM »
Assuming the system hasn't changed a lot, usually challenges are decided by the next level up. IMs determine IP challenges, IDs determine IM challenges, and Mods determine ID challenges.

But, yeah, about that 10% BMP, and you know, that's cuttin' me own internet off.

Tengukami

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2010, 11:22:03 PM »
@Ammy: The taste comment was admittedly a defensive comment. I retract it if you'll allow me.

However, it's not just this thread. You've been laying into this guy in the other challenge thread as well, and I think I saw a few lines in meido about it too. So, yes, you've been aggressive. I disagree with your approach, but it's not like I can do anything about it, or if I feel doing anything about it necessary per se. I merely was expressing my opinion on the matter.

OK, here's me merely expressing my opinion back: I haven't been aggressive but rather teasing a presumptuous new guy. Playing along with his game, as it were. He comes into the challenge thread, teasing Moerin and such, and he gets teased back. He doesn't seem to have a problem with it, and he seems to have a sense of humor about it, so I'm still kind of mystified by where all this is coming from, but I'd like you to back up off that, if you please.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2010, 11:26:01 PM »

False alarm. I just passed out for a second.
If you want, we can whisk out some sake and get drunk tonight.
It sure is boring around here.
I quoted specifically for this purpose.

Once you're IP, I'd be glad to. Just don't be surprised if you find yourself missing that title next morning.

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2010, 11:27:46 PM »

Here's something I don't understand. Why is "Idiot Maiden" a rank above "Idiot Princess"?

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2010, 11:30:53 PM »
False alarm. I just passed out for a second.I quoted specifically for this purpose.

Once you're IP, I'd be glad to. Just don't be surprised if you find yourself missing that title next morning.

I sure seem to be quite the popular one. Feel free to challenge me once that happens. I'll take it as a compliment of a job well done.

Here's something I don't understand. Why is "Idiot Maiden" a rank above "Idiot Princess"?

Because Remilia serves Sakuya
Spoiler:
sexually and physically

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2010, 11:33:08 PM »

Just to clarify:

IP's don't have any real power. You do know that, right?
I kind of don't want IP myself...

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2010, 11:34:47 PM »
Just to clarify:

IP's don't have any real power. You do know that, right?

Just to clarify:

IP challenges IM and wins. IM challenges ID and wins. ID has real power. You do know that, right?

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2010, 11:35:34 PM »
IP challenges IM and wins. IM challenges ID and wins. ID has real power. You do know that, right?
Just to clarify: IM doesn't challenge ID. Especially if there are no IDs. ID is earned. You do know that, right?

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2010, 11:38:14 PM »
Just to clarify: IM doesn't challenge ID. Especially if there are no IDs. ID is earned. You do know that, right?

It no say in the read this topic so me didn't know. It say beat person and steal person's title. I assume that there is already an ID if I get to IM.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2010, 11:39:55 PM »
I assume that there is already an ID.
If you wanna challenge a mod sockpuppet, go ahead :V
Guess the ruleposts weren't changed accordingly, but ID is not open for challenge anymore, last I heard of it.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2010, 11:41:04 PM »
Hmm? When did they change that? (Not that anyone ever challenged for ID anyway)

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2010, 11:42:20 PM »
If you wanna challenge a mod sockpuppet, go ahead :V
Guess the ruleposts weren't changed accordingly, but ID is not open for challenge anymore, last I heard of it.

I already knew Cirno was a staff dummy account. Eh, I guess I have to well, re-adjust calculations and plans then. And I think the rule post should be updated. Some of the quotes are linked to deleted threads already.