Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran  (Read 151342 times)

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran
« Reply #810 on: January 16, 2011, 10:03:14 PM »
Caught Mima's final phase three times now.

Mainly thanks to me figuring out a way to make the "streaming from hell" a thousand times easier and figuring out that the "random crap attack" is static.
...I am not making that up.

The first fight is mechanical. It's just a matter of chaining them both now.

EDIT:
Aaand did it.

Perfect Lunatic Mima at max rank!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:45:40 PM by Jaimers »

« Reply #811 on: January 16, 2011, 10:45:42 PM »
Ugh, fuck you Yuka.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #812 on: January 17, 2011, 02:34:39 AM »
I managed to capture all four boss Youmu's card on Lunatic in the same run.

No seriously. WTF. How did I do that. (This is coming from someone who haven't even got close to 1ccing PCB Lunatic)

« Reply #813 on: January 18, 2011, 09:30:47 AM »
I managed to capture all four boss Youmu's card on Lunatic in the same run.

No seriously. WTF. How did I do that. (This is coming from someone who haven't even got close to 1ccing PCB Lunatic)

Have you tried 1cc'ing recently? Everything but my EoSD Lunatic 1cc came from "let's see how far we can get" situations.

CrimsonDX

• Hourai Doll
  • キモちのいいけーね~~
« Reply #814 on: January 18, 2011, 12:34:27 PM »
Have you tried 1cc'ing recently? Everything but my EoSD Lunatic 1cc came from "let's see how far we can get" situations.

my easy mode 1CC of UFO (where I also perfected NBND'd the entire battle with HIJIRI, a feat im sure i wont accomplish again for quite a while) started off as just a lawls playthrough to pass the time while doing laundry >_>

« Reply #815 on: January 18, 2011, 01:12:56 PM »

my easy mode 1CC of UFO (where I also perfected NBND'd the entire battle with HIJIRI, a feat im sure i wont accomplish again for quite a while) started off as just a lawls playthrough to pass the time while doing laundry >_>

Laundry?

Well, this just support what i was saying. Its important to attempt stuff every once in a while. I'm nowhere close to serious on 1cc'ing UFO Lunatic but on a whim half a year ago i still managed to get to Shou's final non-spell. And in Ketsui i managed to get almost to the end of the final stage. And when i did PCB back in the day i 1cc'd the game with 4 lives in stock.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #816 on: January 18, 2011, 03:09:07 PM »

That WAS on a full playthrough, except I continued at stage 4. Which means no replay either (or I'd have it up on youtube already).

I still haven't figured out how resurrection butterfly 80% flies yet, and I'm horrible at some of the stage 3/4 stuff. Funnily enough Youmu doesn't give me nearly as much trouble when I'm playing Reimu, except her two screw-you nonspells (I've learned how to redirect the first one, but not the second one with any consistency).

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #817 on: January 19, 2011, 01:53:58 AM »
MoF lunatic 1cc
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=11778

I must have used like 20 bombs in stage 5, which I have only played like 3 times.
And I chickened out in VoWG (in my defense, I had 0 lives left, so...)

« Reply #818 on: January 19, 2011, 04:04:01 AM »

CrimsonDX

• Hourai Doll
  • キモちのいいけーね~~
« Reply #819 on: January 20, 2011, 08:09:28 PM »
Not much of an accomplishment, but I now no longer consider PCB stage 4 the hardest stage in the series :D

Have actually played it enough now to have a general strategy for it.

« Reply #820 on: January 21, 2011, 10:20:15 AM »
MoF lunatic 1cc

Well done!

That WAS on a full playthrough, except I continued at stage 4. Which means no replay either (or I'd have it up on youtube already).

I still haven't figured out how resurrection butterfly 80% flies yet, and I'm horrible at some of the stage 3/4 stuff. Funnily enough Youmu doesn't give me nearly as much trouble when I'm playing Reimu, except her two screw-you nonspells (I've learned how to redirect the first one, but not the second one with any consistency).

How about practicing Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana? Its harder than 80% Reflowering. Its a final card so its understandable if its troubling you but its one of the easier of its kind. At least in my opinion. And the entirity of Yuyuko's fight is pretty simple too if you know what you're doing. I'd recommend you go look up a video for those things that trouble you. Mine are good as they have annotations. (shameless-selfadvertisement ftw)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 10:46:06 AM by Zengeku »

Jaimers

« Reply #821 on: January 21, 2011, 07:51:21 PM »

LLS no bombs 1cc with Reimu!

Haha oh wauw, this was one hell of a run!
Caught one of the stage 4 midbosses, caught the Rings of Doom, perfected stage 5 and 6.

Replay desynced, isn't that nice?

Boss Marisa is really cheap by the way.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #822 on: January 21, 2011, 10:45:08 PM »
It's always good to see progress in a long-term project like scoring a game. Just before, I performed my path through SA Stage 5 flawlessly after only a few tries, and while I was still a bit groggy from napping.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:44:17 AM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #823 on: January 21, 2011, 10:47:39 PM »
GFW:
Stage 1 Perfect (silver medals = perfect to me; say otherwise and suffer)
Stage 2 Perfect to Boss with 500+% Motivation

then the librarian comes up and goes "turn that off"

ebarrett

« Reply #824 on: January 22, 2011, 12:20:51 AM »
Replay desynced, isn't that nice?

You sure it isn't just the media player choking on the file size?

« Reply #825 on: January 22, 2011, 12:52:19 AM »
Wait what just happened

I haven't played Touhou for 2 weeks because I was ill so I just played a run of Stage 6 UFO Lunatic for lawls and I did a no-death run.

WHAT THE HELL
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #826 on: January 22, 2011, 12:57:09 AM »
GFW:
Stage 1 Perfect (silver medals = perfect to me; say otherwise and suffer)
Stage 2 Perfect to Boss with 500+% Motivation

then the librarian comes up and goes "turn that off"

Best ending ever

Jaimers

« Reply #827 on: January 22, 2011, 12:44:34 PM »
You sure it isn't just the media player choking on the file size?

Unless you mean Virtualdub, then no. That Touhouvania vid was an hour long and that one didn't desync.

I guess I can upload it if people request it. As long as you don't mind a tiny bit of audio desync.

« Reply #828 on: January 22, 2011, 01:09:28 PM »
Unless you mean Virtualdub, then no. That Touhouvania vid was an hour long and that one didn't desync.

I guess I can upload it if people request it. As long as you don't mind a tiny bit of audio desync.

It sounds like a good run. Please upload it. Audio-desynching is something you can live with.

Jaimers

« Reply #829 on: January 22, 2011, 06:51:33 PM »
Well allright then.

LLS lunatic 1cc no bombs

« Reply #830 on: January 22, 2011, 08:18:24 PM »
Failed PCB Phantasm on the last wave of Danmaku Bounded Field, so I decided to give it another go in my blinding rage (which would normally have me dead by Ran), and somehow managed to beat Yukari.  4 lives 0 bombs at the end =3.  I'll get a replay up in a bit.

Replay
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 09:19:25 PM by chirpy13 »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #831 on: January 22, 2011, 09:02:15 PM »
Failed PCB Phantasm on the last wave of Danmaku Bounded Field, so I decided to give it another go in my blinding rage (which would normally have me dead by Ran), and somehow managed to beat Yukari.  4 lives 0 bombs at the end =3.  I'll get a replay up in a bit.

Kongarrat-

what

how does that work
who does that sort of thing

« Reply #832 on: January 22, 2011, 09:18:38 PM »
Kongarrat-

what

how does that work
who does that sort of thing
Whatcha mean?  My horrible inconsistencies?  If so, I'm not really sure... It happened with my first SA/UFO clears too - I would either barely beat or fail on stage 5 for the longest time, and then I suddenly ended up getting through Orin and Shou with 8 and 6 lives respectively.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #833 on: January 22, 2011, 09:29:06 PM »
Taking a break from an essay, I played UFO stage 6. This isn't really an accomplishment, but it's no rage either. During the course of the fight, my performance ranged from screwing up the opener and still surviving, to screwing up Magic Butterfly, to capturing LFO without requiring any fancy dodging.

I love how variable my performance on this fight is~ The only control is that it's always fun.

EDIT: Just proved once again that it's possible to dodge Vampire Illusion's walls. I wonder if I'm really the only person to have thought of this?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 09:36:13 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #834 on: January 23, 2011, 04:00:34 AM »
Just proved once again that it's possible to dodge Vampire Illusion's walls. I wonder if I'm really the only person to have thought of this?

It has always been *possible* for me. It's just that I usually use Marisa, who moves fast and so sometimes I can't tap accurately.
So, sometimes I can, and sometimes I can't, depending on how Marisa decides to move.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #835 on: January 23, 2011, 04:23:20 AM »
It has always been *possible* for me. It's just that I usually use Marisa, who moves fast and so sometimes I can't tap accurately.
So, sometimes I can, and sometimes I can't, depending on how Marisa decides to move.

But I'm using Marisa too. :V In fact, it's much easier to get out of the way with Marisa than Reimu.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #836 on: January 23, 2011, 04:45:37 AM »
But I'm using Marisa too. :V In fact, it's much easier to get out of the way with Marisa than Reimu.
I see, you mean moving around the wall?

Btw, ND1B Scarlet Gensokyo... at last, I'm getting close to capturing that damn card.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #837 on: January 23, 2011, 09:52:37 AM »
It's amazing how much less fearsome Marisa is in GFW when you finally learn how to handle the stage attacks and can reach her with 600+% motivation and full bombs.
Not to say I can beat her yet, but it's definitely progress!

Also kicking myself because apparently the solution to Daiyousei & Lily's third attack was so obvious that I could only notice it after coming back to the game after like four months without touching it.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #838 on: January 23, 2011, 10:36:49 AM »
It's amazing how much less fearsome Marisa is in GFW when you finally learn how to handle the stage attacks and can reach her with 600+% motivation and full bombs.
Not to say I can beat her yet, but it's definitely progress!

...Aren't you a lunatic 1ccer? I could have sworn I saw your accomplishments a few months back and thought I sucked afterwards. I mean I can 1cc most lunatics, but not all, and those I can are a struggle.

Anyway I've reached the point where I can 1CC another mode Phantasm romance on whim despite not playing it for over 2 weeks without retrying or whatever. Reimu or Shinki routes. (though Shinki is way more Fun, and I still suck at Reimu's final spellcard).

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #839 on: January 23, 2011, 11:45:30 AM »
...Aren't you a lunatic 1ccer?
What?  Oh god no.

except Imperishable Night Lunatic