Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran  (Read 150451 times)

ebarrett

Re: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2010, 06:18:59 PM »

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2010, 07:05:44 PM »
I'm pretty good at timing out Eirin's spell Astronomical Entombing by shooting out all the familiars.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2010, 07:08:34 PM »
So I unlocked Last Word 222. Captured it in 30~ tries. But that was too easy, so I went after it at 90FPS.

Six tries.

:V

I'm pretty good at timing out Eirin's spell Astronomical Entombing by shooting out all the familiars.

That's like timing out Three Fairies by shooting the other two fairies.

Also, Last Words at 1.5 speed are glorious fun.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 08:38:41 PM by Fox Fanatic »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2010, 08:53:14 PM »
New high score on PCB Normal.

389 million.

Ending place?
Mortality "Deadly Dance."

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2010, 10:09:16 PM »
Finally beat Yukari. I've now cleared every extra stage in the Windows Touhous, fighting games excluded because they're not real Touhou games. Whee!

now to beat her with the other five shot types

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2010, 01:04:22 AM »

Does that mean timing out Four of a Kind by getting rid of three is not that big of an achievement?

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2010, 01:10:08 AM »
Does that mean timing out Four of a Kind by getting rid of three is not that big of an achievement?

I'd be surprised that you avoided killing the real one for so long.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2010, 01:51:37 AM »
So I unlocked Last Word 222. Captured it in 30~ tries. But that was too easy, so I went after it at 90FPS.

Six tries.

:V

Also, Last Words at 1.5 speed are glorious fun.

120fps capture. :V

edit: youtube
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 02:21:32 AM by Nereid »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2010, 02:10:17 AM »
you have no idea how much I hate you right now.

:ohdear:

In all seriousness, though, good job, but I wanna beat a yukkuri's face in.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2010, 02:49:44 AM »
Well, I declare 150fps to be impossible. In 50 or so attempts I only got past the 5th wave 3 times. :(

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2010, 03:53:19 AM »
Alright, since 150 Profound Field is apparently impossible, I raise you a 120FPS Fantasy Heaven.

MeGUI is doing its best now and is preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Edit: Here we go, all youtubed and ready to go. Most intense 18 seconds in the history of intense ever.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 03:58:05 AM by Fox Fanatic »

ark

• みょん
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2010, 06:47:11 AM »
D:

I had never really figured out how to capture that card to begin with (my two captures were both extreme luck), so good job. :V

ebarrett

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2010, 08:08:23 AM »
Why stick only to fully memorizable cards? Here's something ancient in the way of a suggestion.

Also, noticed that I had for some reason lost the replay to that one, so I just did it again, 54 attempts because lol getting used to it again, the first 20 attempts or so ended at the first wave.  :V   Either way, a much "cleaner" capture, I was barely a lunatic mode player when I did it the first time and it shows.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2010, 09:07:08 AM »
Huh?  That is a very bad idea.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2010, 12:51:41 PM »
Heh. Try SFN at 120 FPS. :V

« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2010, 01:04:07 PM »
Just got through a perfect Youmu (0 life, 0 bomb, 0 border break) on Easy

Might not be too hard to most people, but I normally die 3-4 times here, so yeah.

Re: Touhou Accomplishments X
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2010, 04:27:18 PM »
I don't like to think of myself as drifting from Touhou, but I did in fact lose the major thing binding me to the series, so it's inevitable.

Wait, what? :/

Also bleh, haven't done anything significant in a while, really. 2DNB run of SA Extra the other day (both deaths were on Philosophy :V).

Udongein

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2010, 06:01:56 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
FINALLY captured Divine Virtue of Wind God Lunatic, after randomly taking an interest in the card. In the same breath, I failed Kanako's second noncard. Yes, the loleasy one. orz
Oh well, at least that's done with. History is 1/84, replay attached bcos Gensokyo.org is being difficult for some reason.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2010, 07:34:13 PM »
Oh, forgot one thing on my list:  Kioh Gyoku 1cc.

:fail:

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Formless God

« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2010, 08:02:27 PM »
You haven't seen my timeout, then.
Lunatic
bottom
final destination

Though I can steal your strategy for my 1ccs now :V
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 08:06:01 PM by Formless Fluffy Wingz »

draganuv15

« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2010, 08:52:31 PM »
i praise the man with all my heart and soul whom accomplished thy deed  :o :o :o

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2010, 12:38:44 AM »
Finished IN's extra for my... what, tenth time? I love it.

But this is my best run of it <333

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=10708

I thank drake for the replay on how to capture fujiyama's volcano.

Also, I captured Phoenix Tail though I bombed on the non-card and that made the game go wtf and say I bombed the card.

Barrakketh

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2010, 12:53:40 AM »
You haven't seen my timeout, then.
I can't say that I'm impressed due to the fact that you took the approach that cheesed the difficulty of the card whether or not you timed it out (and it looks like you did it on normal unless there's a lunatic replay on the tracker), but I've already seen that same method used by Baity to clear it in some of his Lunatic 1ccs.  Needs more dodging IMO.

Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2010, 01:36:14 AM »
It was normal mode.

Even then, I wasn't uploading the video to show a demonstration of a timeout, it was a demonstration of how to not fail a 1cc at the last minute. Since 200% motivation for virtually no effort can definitely make or break it whether you fail the card or not.

I could try a pacifist run of the card, but don't expect it to go well (especially when you need to go through 15 minutes before reaching it).

Moreover, tricks for scoring can often be applied to survival (See MarisaC in MoF and Double Death Butterfly). But since 50% of the population here doesn't really care for scoring, they never watch those high score replays, so I just expose those tactics.

Treasurance

• Now with 100% more Ban'd!
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2010, 01:46:58 PM »
yea only a moran would go scoran

[tso]yea only a moran would go trollan right after coming off of a probation for it[/tso]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 03:03:28 PM by ♪ Baneling-chan ♫ »

Barrakketh

« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2010, 08:51:45 PM »
Moreover, tricks for scoring can often be applied to survival (See MarisaC in MoF
I thought that was how you were usually supposed to use Marisa's frost throwers against bosses when you aren't forced to macrododge enough that the throwers reset.

But since 50% of the population here doesn't really care for scoring, they never watch those high score replays, so I just expose those tactics.
Most of the people here don't upload scoring videos/replays and don't go to royalflare.net.  I also see some replays on Royalflare.net that were uploaded by MoTK members that aren't on replays.gensokyo.org, so...

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2010, 09:58:58 PM »
I thought that was how you were usually supposed to use Marisa's frost throwers against bosses when you aren't forced to macrododge enough that the throwers reset.

Missed the point. Getting four frost throwers allows for the quickest possible VoWG in the game, aside from MarisaBugged, which obviously lets a higher spellcard bonus be obtained. See, killing VoWG in 33~ seconds while accounting for dodging is much faster than ReimuB killing it in 41 while sitting under Kanako the entire time and being invulnerable.

There's still a better way to apply four frostthrowers (see the preKanako fairy who drops 2.20 power), but it's still a better option for 1ccing Lunatic than ReimuB. Especially if you hate VoWG or something.
Most of the people here don't upload scoring videos/replays and don't go to royalflare.net.  I also see some replays on Royalflare.net that were uploaded by MoTK members that aren't on replays.gensokyo.org, so...

IE, I only learned about speedkilling VoWG (and Kanako and Suwako and Aya in general) by watching the high score replays. Same goes for DDB, where you get ten bajillion seconds of shotgun time while still capturing the card. Since we don't have people who play for score, and can only concentrate on survival, knowing about these things could help them pull off that 1cc.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2010, 10:24:16 PM »

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2010, 12:37:40 AM »
Since we don't have people who play for score,

mang we have a whole board dedicated to it, what do you want  :ohdear: