Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 149931 times)

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
I've been failing soooo hard with Mystia and Keine on Lunatic lately. It's ridiculous! I can capture their last two cards (each), but I always fail their first two ;______;

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
graze moar :V

I do.

I mean, the CG resetting every time you die

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
Kill me.  Just kill me.  Made it past Easy Orin (Stage 5!!) with MarisaA and then up through Okuu's second nonspell.  Laptop auto-hibernates, and the game decides to close when it does. 

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
So I was fiddling around with T-98 Next, trying to make it work like a normal program. So one thing I realized I hadn't tested yet was the sound buffer. So after several trials I turned it down to 40, and suddenly the emulator ran without lag! I was so happy. I beat Mima 1DNB. I ran to see how Fraps would work, and was disappointed. Nothing but a crawl...not even Hypercam could record without lag. So I decided to test what would happen if I removed music entirely. Now this seemed to reduce lag even further, but still not enough. Sighing, I at least took comfort that I removed the lag problem. So I turned it back to 60 (the lowest I can go without getting sound glitches)...and the fucking emulator starts lagging again. No matter what I did, it was back to the lag. Now it's even worse than before.

Freaking T-98 Next. If Anex86 had savestates I would delete this stupid PoS from my hard drive.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Koishi seems so impossible to beat at 90FPS...

UFO doesn't seem to like the vsync, so no Surprisingly 90FPS Slash for me.

I guess that leaves PCB or EoSD...

I had 25 runs against Radiant Treasure Gun. I didn't manage to capture it once. :V Damn i suck at this. At least i managed to get about 6-7 Greatest Treasure captures though...

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
So I tried setting the sound buffer in Next down to 40 as Donut said.
There's now less lag but now there's also a shitton of input lag!  o/

I then tried disabling both sound control options in Next's configuration. I have to play in absolute silence but it looks like it might actually do the trick although not perfect.
However. Now my gamepad doesn't work anymore because apparently gamepad support is done in the sound configuration for God knows what reason I don't understand and using Joy2Key just makes my character focus indefinitely.

Is it so much to ask T-98 Next?   

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
EoSD Extra.
90FPS.
MarisaA.
I capture Starbow Break and Catadiosomething.

But I die to Counter Clock with two bombs in stock.

Guess how far I was when I game overed to QED?

I'll never be able to repeat Starbow Break at 90FPS StB Aya speed...

Edit: Goddamn why does EoSD suffer from GET THE FUCK BACK HERE BITCH syndrome?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:17:26 AM by Fast Fanatic »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
FFFFFFFFFF I'd forgotten how bad I am at tHRtP.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
Just entered Yumemi with 4 lives....and lost. :qq:

I'll never 1cc this game.

EDIT: AGAIN!!!!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:54:31 AM by Meowslayer »

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

So i fought against Sakuya for the first time in a very long while. She is probably the least played Stage 5 boss for me. I perfect it all the way up to Killing Doll. The rank is pretty high. I'm almost capturing it but i get hit by a knife i definitely should've been able to dodge just as the spell dies. Goodbye Perfect Sakuya :(

Well, i guess i can take her on later and get that perfect run.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
For some reason this makes three out of five EoSD game overs on Mid Sakuya :I for me
I've never seen the 6th stage...

And now I have!
Upon retrospect, I ask you
WHO THE HELL GAME OVERS LIKE THIS
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 11:08:11 PM by Skip Matthews »

Bluuuuuuuugh.

At least the fact that I even got to Fujiyama Volcano lets me know that I've improved, but...

Schezo

• en-counse
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUU!

I just game overed to Yuyuko's 2nd to last card, the kicker...I had 3 God damn Bombs!
Fuck!

Sigh, was trying to 1cc MoF normal.  I've almost had it a few times, especially just now.  I had a great run going until I decided to ram into things for 2-3 deaths to aya.  Sanae went amazingly smooth and I had 4 lives at the start of stage 6 (with <1 power).  Stupid death to fairies at the beginning.  3 lives at kanako, fine.  Stupid death to Expanded Onbashira.  Second stupid death to God's Rice Porridge.  I bomb my way through the rest of her cards then on Miracle of Otensui, with 3 power left, I hit a wall of bullets and press to bomb and... dead.  STUPID.  I *planned* that bomb seconds in advance.  This leaves me with no lives and 3 power to capture a card I've never captured before and of course I die after killing half of it.

meh, I'll get around to the 1cc later.

NLTM

• Fuck You Marisa
  • I mean, Fuck.

Kauhava

• I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE STAIRS BRO
  • I TOLD YOU DOG!
I still can't beat MoF on normal.
Every fucking time, I reach Kanako's last survival card and...

"FUUUUUUCK, IT NEVER ENDS!!!!"
And the bombs do NOTHING.
Look at Yukari, now back to Reimu, now back to Yukari, now back to Reimu. Sadly, her armpits are not seen. But if you donate to the Hakurei Shrine Yukari's armpits can feel like they're Reimu's.
Look down, back up. Where are you?
You're in Gensokyou, with the woman the hag could have armpits like. What's in the gap? Back to Yukari. It's two tickets down the Sanzu river. Look again.
The tickets are now pads!
Everything is possible when Yukari smells like Reimu and not like an old hag. We're on a train.

ebarrett

Kauhava

• I TOLD YOU DOG!
inb4drake

A fellow unlucky guy?

Edit: Oh wait, that was a link.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 10:01:30 PM by Kauhava »
Look at Yukari, now back to Reimu, now back to Yukari, now back to Reimu. Sadly, her armpits are not seen. But if you donate to the Hakurei Shrine Yukari's armpits can feel like they're Reimu's.
You're in Gensokyou, with the woman the hag could have armpits like. What's in the gap? Back to Yukari. It's two tickets down the Sanzu river. Look again.
Everything is possible when Yukari smells like Reimu and not like an old hag. We're on a train.

nintendonut888

A fellow unlucky guy?

Edit: Oh wait, that was a link.
         I can totally feel his pain right now.

Read it again. The replay in question is a replay showing how one can beat MoF normal without capturing anything and bomb spamming.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Kauhava

• I TOLD YOU DOG!
Read it again. The replay in question is a replay showing how one can beat MoF normal without capturing anything and bomb spamming.

I'm already bomb-spamming a lot.
My problem is the final boss' very last spell.
Bombs are next to useless here, and I end up losing all those lives I've stocked up to there because I'm just bad at this survival spellcard.
It's a matter of me beating it, but I fail every goddamn time.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Kanako doesn't have a survival spell...

It just takes ReimuB at least 40 seconds to clear it.
But MarisaC can do it in 33.  :3

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
It's more like 50-60 seconds for ReimuB, as it depends on how long you can stay under Kanako.

But yeah, the point is the "Mountain of Faith" card is not a survival. And it doesn't last forever like you mentioned - the timer is only 150 seconds. Touhou's final bosses are typically immune to bombs on their final Spellcards, so you must rely on your normal shots for these. The one and only use for bombs during these attacks is to save yourself from dying.

If I could give you a hint specific to Kanako's final, it's that each wave is what can be called a "randomly-oriented static pattern". For one set of amulets of the same color, all of the walls will be in the same spots relative to each other, so if you get out of the way of one wall, you'll know exactly where to go to dodge the rest. The trick, of course, is that they change orientations, so you must read each one for the right openings.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Hence why I believe MarisaC is the best for bosses the entire game, barring 33 second VoWG clears (and getting four throwers under Aya is relatively easy, too). While under a boss, you can above above ReimuB power even with only three throwers hitting, but when you move away from the boss you still have 40% of your damage output while ReimuB has... none.

Oh, and compare the amount of bullets fired during the stage here with any stage 6 lunatic clear with ReimuB.

Still, the only final spellcard not invulnerable to bombs is Utsuho's last card... Even then, she gets super armor...

Edit: While you're watching that video of my second lunatic 1cc ever, watch VoWG. I'm serious. I raged so hard.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 07:41:06 AM by Fast Fanatic »

nintendonut888

Sometimes, I really hate my Obsessive-compulsion to perfect a boss. Sometimes, I really don't like the boss my mind targets. I REALLY hate it when that boss is EIRIN. >:(

Like, through spell practice I've figured out all the cards to the best of my ability, but it's just so stupid. Every single individual attack has a chance of going wrong, and several have their outcome based on the RNG deciding how something shoots out. Best I've managed is a ND3B, but as much as I hate to admit it, a perfect is possible...

EDIT: 2DNB. It's funny how the longer I go without screwing up, the more depressed and sarcastic I get. I actually could have done this since Apollo 13 didn't send a gank wave, but screwed up anyway.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 07:45:50 PM by nintendonut888 »

I think Scarlet Team would be best for trying to perfect her despite the huge hitbox.

nintendonut888

Not the way I'm doing it. My strategy for especially Omoikane's Brain and Apollo 13 can only be done with the border team's super-small hitbox. Heck, even with the small hitbox Apollo 13 is still a prayer dodge.

Jaimers

My strategy for especially Apollo 13 can only be done with the border team's super-small hitbox.

Safespot?  :V
I really suck at Apollo 13 in any case lol.

In other news, holy shit I almost made it to stage 6 in Shuusou Gyoku without dying. Died on Ehrlich's final pattern.  :derp:
VIVIT absolutely murdered me though, as the rank was really motherfucking high.  @_@

nintendonut888

Oh god no, the safespot is suicide and I have no idea how people think it's a good idea. What I do is rush to the very corner and pray I pull off the very precise movements required to dodge it.

In related news, PIECE OF SHIT FIGHT.

Oh look, I clipped the opening which is easy yet easy to screw up. BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THE STAAAAGE.

Oh look, Eirin decided to spawn a laser on my vertical position in Geneology of the Skyborn, GANK.

Oh look, I ran into a bullet I couldn't see in Game of Rising because the card's strategy is to flood your vision with so many things that blend in you can't see it until it's too late, GANK.

Oh look, the third non-spell decided to make no easy to see openings, then spawn the next wave on top of it to make it doubly impossible to tell what is going on. GANK.

Oh look, Omoikane's Brain gave me a bad wave, and I screwed up a precision tap among a series of precision taps by holding left two frames too long. I WONDER HOW I GOT HIT?

Oh look, Apollo 13. GANK. Unless you have been doing terribly, in which case it will gladly open up for you.

Oh look, Astronomical Entombing spat a clusterfuck of bullets at point blank, giving them no time to separate. OKAY THIS ATTACK IS LEGITIMATELY DIFFICULT BUT THAT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT IT'S NOT FUN.

Uuuuuuuugh. I can make a ND2B if I'm really lucky, but there's just so many variables that need to go right just to give a chance of this working. -_-

Jaimers

Oh look, Omoikane's Brain gave me a bad wave,

Isn't Omoikane's Brain static or something though?

But yeah, I hate that spell too. The time points for grazing seriously make you invisible during this card, adding artificial difficultly.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:25:40 PM by Jaimers »