Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 149932 times)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Lyrica makes my game lag >:(
it runs just fine everywhere else

Formless God

fsdfsdfsdf
Why does Banshiryuu always have these bullets and lasers that ninja you out of fucking nowhere

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Whyyyy
is Extra Ran so difficult?

Wizard Fox Thoughts is like a nine on difficulty.
12 Gods, I can actually see myself capturing were I not so twitchy on my trigger finger.
Tanuki Laser, pisses me off because I can't capture it and it looks so simple. I got forced into the lower left corner by it and died on my last attempt at it.
And Charming Siege from All Sides...
It's the easiest thus far, in that, while my history on it is 0 / 1, I still made it to 30% without missing or bombs.
So yay.

Extra Chen is backwards though.
Her nonspell is harder than her cards for some reason
Nonspell- 0 / 11
Red Oni Blue Oni- 3 / 10
Something Something Fly In A Circle- 3 / 10

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
Whyyyy

12 Gods, I can actually see myself capturing were I not so twitchy on my trigger finger.
Tanuki Laser, pisses me off because I can't capture it and it looks so simple. I got forced into the lower left corner by it and died on my last attempt at it.
It's the easiest thus far, in that, while my history on it is 0 / 1, I still made it to 30% without missing or bombs.
So yay.

Nonspell- 0 / 11
Red Oni Blue Oni- 3 / 10
Have you watched this yet?
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Just got crushed by a massive wave of every last bullet type programmed into PCB with Ran's last spell card.
Whyyyy

So yay.

Nonspell- 0 / 11
Red Oni Blue Oni- 3 / 10
Yeah, Ran's spellcards can be either torture or fine. I either capture her first one or die twice on it. Laser is simple once you get used to it. Princess Tenko can be real easy or real hard depending on what you make of it. How you get through Charming Siege without bombing five times is still beyond me though. The lines of bullets always close together on me.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

The lines have an aimed element while the bubbles are randomized. Don't move around too much or you'll get "BS'd" by the the card.

If you're careful the card isn't all that bad.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Wizard Fox Thoughts 0 / 12
12 Gods 0 / 11
Tanuki Laser 1 / 6
Charming Siege 1 / 6
Princess Tenko 0 / 2
Ultimate Buddhist 0 / 2

The last of all have claimed two of my Game Overs on this stage

According to the record, I've played Extra 47 times :colonveeplusalpha:

Wizard Fox Thoughts is complicated looking, but it's actually simple streaming. See here at one minute in for a timeout of it.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
The lines have an aimed element while the bubbles are randomized. Don't move around too much or you'll get "BS'd" by the the card.

If you're careful the card isn't all that bad.
[/quote

Holy shit is it really?

Dammit, it's just like Kaguya's first card...

Have you watched this yet?

Geez. I always found those walkthrough videos very unnecessary and some of those descriptions on the non-spells make them sound harder than they actually are.

The spellcard advice is fine though.

EDIT: Terrible MoF Lunatic run. I finish with 3 lives and 750 million points but i still manage to screw up all over the place. First of all, i don't capture any of Sanae's spellcards. Her third spellcard went pretty decent but i still managed to get hit at the end. More power would've helped but it seems i'm not familiar enough with Sanae's other spellcards to capture them without full power or in case something goes wrong.

I didn't even capture her final card which ended with a death bomb. Add to that an overabundance of very stupid deaths. Died as i was trying to bomb for score in Stage 6, died against Nitori's 2nd spellcard, died on Aya's first spellcard. Cleared Kanako without dying but i didn't really capture anything except for her first card so that means nothing.

But it doesn't really matter. I just needed something for LR.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 09:29:09 AM by Super Zengeku »

First of all, i don't capture any of Sanae's spellcards. [...] I didn't even capture her final card which ended with a death bomb.

Shame thread thisaway.

But it doesn't really matter. I just needed something for LR.

Hit us up when they start their ufo tourny :3

Wizard Fox Thoughts 0 / 12
12 Gods 0 / 11
Tanuki Laser 1 / 6
Charming Siege 1 / 6
Princess Tenko 0 / 2
Ultimate Buddhist 0 / 2

The last of all have claimed two of my Game Overs on this stage

According to the record, I've played Extra 47 times :colonveeplusalpha:

As Tarquinius mentioned, Wizard Fox Thoughts is streaming. It's not immediately obvious at first, though.

With Charming Siege, try not to stay at the bottom of the screen for too long, or you'll get cornered by the lines of bullets. Move up as needed to maneuver.

Banquet of 12 General Gods and Ultimate Buddhist, though? I have no clue how to help with those.

Banquet of 12 General Gods is the same every time, well assuming you do the same thing every time.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Yeah, the arrows in Banquet are static, and the butterflies are aimed. Whether or not you memorize stuff there, I recommend staying on the right side.

To make another comment about Charming Siege, you really need to pay attention to the bullet walls. Learn to look at the walls ahead of where you are, so you can adjust where you need to be in the near future, and then look for a way past each wave of bubbles.

Ultimate Buddhist is simple when you know what to do. Little movement is needed when the blue lasers are out (just dodge at the bottom), and the red bullets during the red phase are aimed. The safest way to tackle the red phase is to stay on the inside of the wheel, as close to Ran as possible, and move with the lasers. Don't forget to pay attention to the sound that, well, sounds just before the transitions - you'll learn their timings with practice.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Hit us up when they start their ufo tourny :3

Will do. I won't be able to participate in Lunatic anyway. Hard mode is totally easy though so i'll just stick around there..

Merlin is the reason I am never going to perfect this fight because I want to do it with the shottype I main.

Dude. Fuck dat maid. Then realize that shrine maidens and witches gets the job done so much better.

You can look at it in another way though. You are tough enough to time out VoWG. You are used to Sakuyas movement speed. Just capturing the attack shouldn't be impossible for you. I was able to do that and i am completely incompetent with that maid.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
As Tarquinius mentioned, Wizard Fox Thoughts is streaming. It's not immediately obvious at first, though.

It is extremely obvious, and I do stream. I can't get the timing of it, though, and end up running into a bullet turned out two waves ago that I have since then dodged and lost track of.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Argh why

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
(23:40:30) HOLY SHIT PHANTASM STAGE
(23:41:40) GO AWAY RAN NO ONE LIKES YOU
(23:41:44) OH GOD RAPED
(23:42:08) ;-;

I'm glad that Descent of Izuna Gongen killed me because otherwise that would have been a perfect run of PCB Extra ruined by dying to Ran's opener.

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
I'm going to make it. Finally, EoSD Extra is coming closer! *died at Curse of Vlad Tepes* ...I hate Remilia...and my keyboard...

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Why is it that the only times I've ever managed to capture Rorschach in Danmaku is with ReimuC?...

Geez, even after clearing Extra with MariC and ReimuA and ReimuC, I've made my only two captures of it with ReimuC...

MTSranger

• =.=
Decided to play EoSD normal stage 6 (no bombs) for the lolz
Almost timed out Scarlet Shoot.
Died 4 times to Red Magic, wtf

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Protection of Zenki and Goki (06/20)
Dakini's Heavenly Possession (04/17)

Curse of Dreams and Reality (03/05)
Balance of Motion and Silence(00/03)

Mesh of Light and Darkness (01/03)
Xanadu of Straight and Curve (02/02)
Yukari's Spiriting Away (01/02)

Butterfly in the Zen Temple (00/01)

Not bad for how much I suck at this game.
Final score is ~261' 500' 000.
Point items is ~670.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
So I just had the best fucking Shuusou Gyoku run I've ever had. No miss up to Erich.
Perfect first three stages and I even captured that insane stage 5 midboss at max rank.

...I then die three times to Erich's opener.  :colonveeplusalpha:

Tried to play SA stage 5 on a no-bombs challenge today. The best I could do was 6 deaths.  :colonveeplusalpha:

At least I captured Catwalk 3 more times, and survived 'popcorn hell' 2 times.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
So apparently I can't do Source of Rains anymore. I clip it every. Single. Time.

Seriously, if I reset the spell card history (and if I wouldn't go for timeouts in most runs), I would have a higher capture rate in VoWG than in Source of Rains by now. What is wrong with me?!

Oh, I also managed to die to the second noncard.  :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Failed a timeout of Charming Siege at 01 seconds :V