Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 149158 times)

Re: Touhou Whining Thread, Cirno Edition
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »
If it is pre-UFO you read n' dodge. If you play UFO or GFW then you flail around randomly hoping not to get hit. And memorize a ton of crap. And play stages so painfully boring that you'll want to drill your own eyes out.
Looks like ol' man Zengekky's at it ag'in.

Bananamatic

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2010, 09:08:53 PM »
the latter

though some say macrododging is more "fun"...what the hell, who cares? Isn't all of this just for extending one's virtual schlong or what
you could say that they are attitude for gains where it doesn't matter

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2010, 09:38:31 PM »
ZUN makes the stages for the stage themes, not the other way round, which makes it a much more pleasant experience in my opinion. I can't say his stage design is without flaws, but I do say that you are exaggerating a fair amount, good sir.

Also, I'd rather have short pauses every 30 seconds than having conditions similar to a timeout of Kanako's opener (which I did) where every time you blink you may be dead. I am aware that this is me invoking a false dilemma, but if I had to choose one, I'd choose the touhou way.

Meh, this discussion won't go anywhere just like it didn't go anywhere the last times, and in the end, taste is taste is taste. I'd prefer if it didn't continue any further, but whatever.

Oh, and on topic, everytime I try to create something fun, it ends up essentially being some sort of VoWG clone? Where is my originality?   :fail:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2010, 10:02:07 PM »
Youmu needs to stop this

Like seriously

I enter the Prismrivers with 8 lives, end with 6, get to Mid-Youmu with those six, get a seventh and an eighth, then die four times to her.

The other four lives went to Yuyuko.
Once again. Dying on Repository of H.. something is unacceptable! I am so upset!

Treasurance

• Now with 100% more Ban'd!
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2010, 05:03:27 AM »
Meh, this discussion won't go anywhere just like it didn't go anywhere the last times, and in the end, taste is taste is taste. I'd prefer if it didn't continue any further, but whatever.
This will.

Also, Manabu Namiki kicks ZUN's ass

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2010, 07:38:10 AM »
Holy shit I can't bomb anymore. :fail:

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2010, 08:28:16 AM »
ZUN makes the stages for the stage themes, not the other way round, which makes it a much more pleasant experience in my opinion. I can't say his stage design is without flaws, but I do say that you are exaggerating a fair amount, good sir.

Yes and in UFO, those stage themes sucked.  :V (Except for S4) To be fair though, i can see how it sometimes can be preferable to have things take it a little slow. My issue is actually just that the only difficult stages that involve actual dodging i know of is: EoSD Stage 5 (though can be trivialized), EoSD Stage 3, PCB Stage 3, PCB Stage 6, MoF Stage 4, SA Stage 4 and 5 and UFO Stage 3.

The rest of Touhou stages are just slow, dragged out music rooms that take forever to play through (3 minutes get a lot when multiplied with 50 runs and in UFO i'd need way more practice than that too.)

But the Touhou games are all about its boss fights. Its always been like that. Its just annoying that for everytime you want to face the boss, you have to go through a stage of doing nothing. Even if the music is good its just too much of an annoyance. And that's why spell practice rules.

Looks like ol' man Zengekky's at it ag'in.

What? Are you surprised?  :V

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2010, 08:34:34 AM »
Yes and in UFO, those stage themes sucked.  :V (Except for S4)
Agree, stage 2 and 3 are the worst, the other ones aren't *that* bad though

EoSD Stage 3
How is that hard? ???? Even I can perfect it.

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2010, 08:59:55 AM »
Agree, stage 2 and 3 are the worst, the other ones aren't *that* bad though
How is that hard? ???? Even I can perfect it.

Yeah. Mindfuck. No, its not hard but i find it a fun stage thats more about dodging than it is following a mechanic route for three minutes.

And as for UFO stage music: I like the stage 1 song. Stage 2 and 3 are just bad. Stage 4's music is excellent. Stage 5's music is okayish but there is nothing special about it. Its kinda bland imo. And the Stage 6 song is horribufuckus bad. Its the embodiment of dullness.

Extra theme is nice enough and the stage is also fun because its an extra stage that actually contains some gameplay even if it does get annoying when scorerunnning it.

Treasurance

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2010, 12:43:22 PM »
It should already be clear that most of the Cave shmups are better than Touhou in every aspect.
Yes, even the music. This is a fact, not an opinion.
Go realize that.

...noob friendliness doesn't count.

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2010, 01:28:04 PM »
Eh, the whole Cave vs. Touhou thing is just so dumb. The gameplay style is different enough to make straight up comparing pointless. Cave games are very rarely about micrododging randomish tight patterns like Touhou (Except Mushis, but they're still pretty different). There's also no denying that ZUN does his own thing really well and I say this as someone with several Cave 1cc's.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2010, 01:31:06 PM »
Reminds me of that SC2 vs. WC3 shit-thread I saw on the b.net forums a while back.  Yeah, enough is enough.

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2010, 01:32:50 PM »
Eh, the whole Cave vs. Touhou thing is just so dumb.
This.

Also: WTF WHY IS UFO THE ONLY GAME I CAN'T CLEAR LUNATIC BY CONTINUE AND BOMB SPAM I CAN'T GET PAST STAGE 2.
looks like memogarbage to me. Hurrrrrr.
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
lunardial'd for nothing.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2010, 01:35:30 PM »
It should already be clear that most of the Cave shmups are better than Touhou in every aspect.
Yes, even the music. This is a fact, not an opinion.
Go realize that.

...noob friendliness doesn't count.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Treasurance

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2010, 01:43:39 PM »

Tengukami

« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2010, 01:45:02 PM »
If your mission was to make me laugh until I coughed up tea, yes.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Bananamatic

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2010, 02:06:02 PM »
YOU ARE ALREADY PROBATED.

Treasurance

« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2010, 02:09:24 PM »
this is fucking hilarious

There's also no denying that ZUN does his own thing really well
right on the spot, he's definitely a great troll

Tengukami

Waaah
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2010, 02:25:15 PM »
Ha, they don't call it "the whining thread" for nothing, eh?

Bananamatic

« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2010, 02:27:29 PM »
when I decided to play no focus instead of using the horribly placed shift button, you know something is wrong

Matsuri

« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2010, 02:29:19 PM »
Treasurance, Bananamatic: Okay, knock it the fuck off, now. No more of this trolling bullshit. Are you really that bored? Go read a book or something.

Bananamatic

« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2010, 02:39:54 PM »
fact: 90% of motk doesn't know what trolling is. And it definitely isn't being sarcastic or not being 100% serious.

it's simple to make a rule "no trolling"(which is on all forums by default), then mark unwanted posts which funnily enough break no rules as such

Also if you can't take a fact that somebody might not like something, you are a fanboy. :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2010, 02:44:51 PM »
fact: 90% of motk doesn't know what trolling is. And it definitely isn't being sarcastic or not being 100% serious.

it's simple to make a rule "no trolling"(which is on all forums by default), then mark unwanted posts which funnily enough break no rules as such

Also if you can't take a fact that somebody might not like something, you are a fanboy. :V
No, people like you and the people doing the same shit like you should smash it in your brains to use Common sense more often. It is a common sense to not act like a jerk. If you act like a jerk on the streets, chances of getting punched in the face is also quite high.

And as far as I know, we got already a general rule that says: "Don't act unfunny".

I think Matsuri was pretty much clear with his post. Don't push your lucks. And yes he warned you too if you did not noticed.

Treasurance

« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2010, 02:48:31 PM »
And as far as I know, we got already a general rule that says: "Don't act unfunny".
what, this is as funny as it gets

and you won't be getting too far on the internet if you rely too much on Common Sense

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2010, 02:49:56 PM »

and you won't be getting too far on the internet if you rely too much on Common Sense

Quote from: Helepolis
Don't push your lucks

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2010, 02:54:03 PM »

Wild guess: You regularly post to imageboards?
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

Treasurance

« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2010, 02:59:29 PM »
Wild guess: You regularly post to imageboards?
Wrong. Never done so. Actually, the only one I ever visit is that Touhou Hentai Imageboard.

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2010, 03:29:54 PM »
Aww what? I was having a great time reading those posts from Banana and Treasurance. Its obviously not fun if ZUN is god though. But whatever.

Wrong. Never done so. Actually, the only one I ever visit is that Touhou Hentai Imageboard.

Totally. That's why comparing Touhou and a Cave game is totally impossible. Touhou has all the hentai and Cave have the good stages.  :V

No, people like you and the people doing the same shit like you should smash it in your brains to use Common sense more often. It is a common sense to not act like a jerk. If you act like a jerk on the streets, chances of getting punched in the face is also quite high.

Guys. Don't you think you take things just a tad too seriously? Not to question your judgment or anything. Just curious.

Tengukami

« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2010, 03:58:46 PM »
Guys. Don't you think you take things just a tad too seriously? Not to question your judgment or anything. Just curious.

Eh, I dunno. I think if you're obvious "mission" is to disrupt discussion and annoy people, whether you succeed or not, you're trolling. And the only people who still find trolling funny are primary school children. It's basically a cheap way to avoid a real discussion, whether it's a serious discussion or a humorous one, and draw attention to yourself with your idiocy. It's about as clever as blowing a loud fart at the dinner table.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2010, 03:58:55 PM »
The question that comes to mind is 'if you think CAVE games are better than the Touhou games, isn't that a comment that should go on a CAVE forum and not a Touhou forum?'

Over in PSL we've been nagging at people for posting in stories just to say it's not to their personal tastes. Same should apply here. If you have an opinion about how game X is shit, you probably shouldn't say as much on a forum which revolves around game X. It serves to do nothing beyond troll the people who actually DO like game X, which is why people here are getting so irritated by it.