Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 150231 times)

I'd rather have smooth gameplay with no slowdown
Unless it's your PC lagging, slowdown is supposed to be there. SoEW was even designed with it in mind.

overly loud percussion overtaking the main melody
You can change the SSG volume in the sound settings.

Because it's a laggy piece of crap which needs a NASA computer to run properly?
I run it on a 2.2GHz Sempron on Vista.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Unless it's your PC lagging, slowdown is supposed to be there. SoEW was even designed with it in mind.

Pfft, and what backing do you have on this? It runs perfectly lagless in Anex86, and I've gotten it to run even Mima's fight lagless on Next once in a blue moon. If it were designed with this in mind LLS and MS wouldn't have a "your computer lagged this much" tag in the results screen. This is Touhou, not Cave. :V Even if that was the case, I don't want it and would rather play lag-free.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
@Pastry: Is that glitch you mention moving left out of control after a while?

nintendonut888

@Pastry: Is that glitch you mention moving left out of control after a while?

Nope, this is something much more...deal breaking. Hang on, I think I still have a picture of it:

Before you say "corrupted hdi file," I transported one directly from my old computer. I tested it to make sure it worked, brought it over to this one via USB drive, and it still comes out looking like that. I dunno, I just use Next since it's the one game where slowdown makes sense. :V

Spoiler:
Aah, one of my windows was to Livestream. ;_;
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Nope, this is something much more...deal breaking. Hang on, I think I still have a picture of it:

Before you say "corrupted hdi file," I transported one directly from my old computer. I tested it to make sure it worked, brought it over to this one via USB drive, and it still comes out looking like that. I dunno, I just use Next since it's the one game where slowdown makes sense. :V

Spoiler:
Aah, one of my windows was to Livestream. ;_;
Ooh, that looks cool. I wanna do that. :V

Also, what was posted on the SSG volume in T98-Next, everything should be defaulted to 20, but SSG shoud be 8. I tested this number and others for a while and 8 is correct.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
My attempt at trying to 1cc PCB on Hard with ReimuB ended by me ramming into a laser on the tenth wave of Resurrection Butterfly.

At least I learned something from the run - if you get hit and then get a border during the deathbomb frames, the border will activate and go off automatically, leaving your lives and bombs intact.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle

(Click image)

Seriously, I can`t fucking believe it. My arch-nemesis is finally down! Er...I hope no one minds that I paused 2 or three times to dodge one wave on Genetics, because I needed that spare life. I would beat her before I if had better luck anyway. Thanks for moral support, people.

*Pats himself on the back*
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:50:30 PM by Critz »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Holy Christ Yumeko on max rank is ridiculous.  @_@

I think I might be able to perfect her with some practice but my movement speed is so slow for this!  D:
And if I use Mima Baity will yell at me.

MTSranger

• =.=
Yay! Captured Rainbow UFO for the first time.
Bad thing is...
I died 3 times, using 6 bombs in the survival.  :colonveeplusalpha: :colonveeplusalpha: :colonveeplusalpha:
Clipped Grudge Bow not in the 4th phase, but in the easy 2nd phase. :colonveeplusalpha:
Barely cleared it with 0/0 resources

That freaking survival... just HOW?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:12:14 AM by jsonchiu »

The survival isn't that bad, until you clip it with 0-1 seconds left.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
FUCK YOU MURASA! FUCK YOU AND YOUR SINKING VORTEX!
...you know, I don't have a problem with any of Murasa's attacks. Some of them may kick my ass, but I don't hate them.
But why... why...

WHY can it happen that the end-of-card bullet clear coincides with the wave spawning of Sinking Vortex in such a way that during the following noncard I am suddenly attacked by fast bullets shooting up from below the playing field without any warning?!

On that note, I should have saved the replay as proof.
FFFFFFFF-  >:(

Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Jaimers

Yay perfect Yumeko at max rank!

Woops the video is unwatchable.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
Darn. I was running through IN Extra for no real reason, and was pleased to say that I was playing extremely well. It took me all the way to the first wave of the rings of death (not the uber one) before I died. I was thinking that I was going to make one heck of a run. Then, on Hourai Doll, Mokou's last real spell, I death-bombed at the last second, she had like no life left. That spell is easy too but whatever.
TF2 Backpack

Jaimers

Yay perfect Shinki at max rank!

Woops the sound desynced.

Decided to try PCB Extra for some reason. I wasn't going for perfection or anything, just playing the stage again.

1DNBNBB AGAIN.

No, not Izuna Gongen which I would expect and has ruined almost every perfect run, but the survival card as it was about clear.

Also, UFO in general was fail.

I'm getting the feeling I'm not allowed to perfect that stage and that I'm not allowed to 1cc UFO Lunatic.

Jaimers

Haha oh wow. Mima's final phase at max rank is so retarded it's hilarious.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Haha oh wow. Mima's final phase at max rank is so retarded it's hilarious.
Hell yeah bullets with hitboxes larger than the graphics!  :colonveeplusalpha:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Jaimers

Hell yeah bullets with hitboxes larger than the graphics!  :colonveeplusalpha:

Not only that, but on max rank the bullets move at the speed of light and the random crap attack has seriously a gigantic safespot where nothing ever goes.  :derp:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 05:34:36 PM by Jaimers »

nintendonut888

Not only that, but on max rank the bullets move at the speed of light and the random crap attack has seriously a gigantic safespot where nothing ever goes.  :derp:

Oddly enough, the attack that always made me rage was the third one, because while it would be easy if the hitboxes were accurate or the game's controls were remotely suited to rapidly moving back and forth, neither are the case. Nonetheless, I believe in you~ ;)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Border broken on Resurrection Butterfly 50% with 3 seconds left >:(

Spoiler:
On a 2CC.
:V

Over the past few months, I've been slowly developing a five-stage-long UFO chain, designed to give a high, yet balanced, amount of both bombs and lives, and culminating in the green UFO explosion in Stage 6. It's been a long and arduous process, but I have slowly worn down the game, bit by bit. In the few months I've been doing this on Hard, this intricate and developed chain has brought me as far as Total Clarification (once), but often ends around mid-Stage 4.

Today for shits and giggles I did all Green UFOs and got to Milky Way on my first try.

:colonveeplusalpha:

nintendonut888

Ha ha ha, that made me laugh IRL. But really, people overthink UFOs way too much. If you want my advice, you should focus on getting as many red UFOs as humanely possible, plan out a few specific places for green UFOs, and create rainbow UFOs when there's nothing else that can benefit you.

ebarrett

But really, people overthink UFOs way too much.

For me it's more like "bullets overhit me way too much"  :fail:

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
In one attempt at Profound Danmaku Boudned Field, I found out the hard way that Yukari has a hitbox at the beginning. It was really funny.

Funnier still was when I tried to show someone how crazy lunatic AI on PoFV is by doing an Ai vs AI match. I deliberately chose Reisen and Tewi because of their crappy trapping power, and told the person "I don't think neither of them is going to land a hit on the other for at least five minutes". Ten seconds into the match Reisen rammed into a fairy.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
I randomly decided to try to 1cc IaMP Normal with Patchy. Got up to Pandemonium and Royal Flared her to death, but there was one problem. The death was me. She probably had like no life left since she was up with the black hole for a while, yet I couldn't do it. That, and the game not registering any inputs I give it. (apparently blocking is too hard to understand)

I have no idea why I even decided to play this game. It's not one I excel even remotely at. It's fun, but hard. Maybe another go....
TF2 Backpack

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
I... Ahaha wow. I just game overed on stage 6 Orin. I was ONE life fragment away from getting another life, and I had three power.

It IS something of an accomplishment to have reached stage 6 Hard like this I suppose. And yet... Ow that hurt

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
So I'm trying MegaMari out.

Is it just me, or does it feel like danmaku does not mix well with some other game genres at all?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later

Is it just me, or does it feel like danmaku does not mix well with some other game genres at all?

Just wait till you see my Touhou + Dance Dance Revolution + Professor Layton game.

It is a decently fun game once you get some weapons! Sometimes things seem downright undodgable though.

MTSranger

• =.=
3D5B Scarlet Gensokyo lunatic time out.
this doesn't seem any easier than VoWG.
need to improve more...