Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 148481 times)

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Re: Touhou Whining Thread, Cirno Edition
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 02:47:58 PM »
Started Jade of the Horrid River with 5 lives. Gameovered on it. Wahahahahah! FUCK!  :colonveeplusalpha:

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2010, 06:31:53 PM »
Game over on Kanako's final nonspell because I didn't bomb it, twice.

MoF Lunatic No Focus has a lot more autobombs than I thought it did. But I had a few deaths with bombs or just stupid stuff in general.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2010, 04:47:31 PM »
Aww, this could have been a great Fairy Wars extra (no pun originally intended) run, but I mucked up the end. I died three times on the stage in an attempt to beat it no deaths no bombs, but from Marisa on I didn't die until the seventh non-spell. I was at over 900% health on Blazing Star, when I GOT HIT BY MARISA. Then on Fairy Destruction Ray I ran into the first star bullet fired, then died two more times. :( I beat my high score, but only by about a million (no Baity I didn't save the replay so I can't SUBMIT).
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 06:20:13 PM »
I seem to have lost all the skill that I once had on Remilia.

Promptly failed a no bombs 1cc because I kept dying to EVERYTHING

OTZ

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 08:03:39 PM »
PCB now thinks it's funny to cut to 29FPS for noooo reason and I game overed on the stage portion before Chen. :I

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 11:45:59 PM »
I can't remember how to properly encode vids, so every time I try the quality of the vid is crap.

And yes, this was even after looking at the guide again. I don't even remember all the necessary codecs, how to change the bitrate in VirtualDub or anything.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2010, 01:26:24 AM »
NO
EFF NO

*headdesk
*headdesk
*headdesk

ebarrett

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2010, 02:04:59 AM »
NO
EFF NO

for a moment I thought you had reached 16 seconds remaining on your first Last Word timeout attempt  :V

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 02:08:01 AM »
I was 5 seconds away from possibly making my first capture of Scarlet Gensokyo (lunatic).
Damn curving EoSD bubble, went right into the only gap in the wall.

OTOH, a VoWG capture is always satisfying :).

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2010, 04:31:19 PM »
for a moment I thought you had reached 16 seconds remaining on your first Last Word timeout attempt  :V

With that few bullets on the screen?

Well... too bad about that Aquandescence. At least a regular 1cc allows bombs... (Waah MoF Lunatic no-bombs fail. :fail:)

ebarrett

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2010, 07:16:01 PM »
With that few bullets on the screen?

I've reached below ten seconds remaining twice, the traumatic reflexes filled the rest of the screen with butterflies.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2010, 07:02:56 AM »
HELL!

Who gets to Stage 5 7/5 and Game Overs on Repository of Whatever "Ghost"?

AAAAHHHRRRRR

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2010, 07:59:28 AM »
I've reached below ten seconds remaining twice, the traumatic reflexes filled the rest of the screen with butterflies.

I have had my share of that too you know. 300+ attempts.  :V

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2010, 11:52:59 AM »
*Rant alert. The following is me bitching to kill off some frustration*

Geez. What a rude wake-up call. I just got reminded why i hated UFO so much.

95% shit. 5% quality game.

I want to do another timeout of Radiant Treasure Gun - one of the only quality spellcards in that game. Its hard and its fun. That is, would be fun if you could face it without sitting through a long ass stage comprised of nothing but bullshit and memorization.

Okay. The only thing bullshit in it is Nazrin, but my problem is that there is only a very short portion of actual gameplay. Nothing more. And that's referring to that part near the end where the fairies spam those red bullets. The fairies between Nazrin and the red-bullet spam are trivial so that means they are boring and the entire rest of the stage is one big memorization fest. I have that memorization down yes but its still boring as hell.

I just want to have a go at the good stuff but apparently you have to suffer to get through to it. Sigh. I want a japanese 360. Then i can finally get some new shmups that doesn't suck. Damn, there is no Touhou game existing that calls for spell practice like this one does.

*Rant over*

« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 04:27:31 PM by Super Zengeku »

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2010, 03:44:21 PM »
So, LLS is supposed to be the easiest Touhou?
Apparently not for me... somehow my eyes can't take the graphics and I die 5 times in stage 4.

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2010, 04:00:17 PM »
Well, the graphics are pretty bad in LLS and MS so sometimes bullets can do their thing to blend in with the background. That's PC98 for ya.

Bananamatic

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2010, 04:08:54 PM »
I was considering putting more time into PC-98 but I have too many grindan adventure games to play right now.

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »
mumblemumbleanything i can beat is too easymumbleanything i cant is bullshitmumblemumble

Looks like ol' man Zengekky's at it ag'in.

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2010, 04:23:56 PM »
"Insert long dragging speech, about how games should be made that's bound to spawn comebacks about how much i'm wrong and how much it's my own fault for playing a game when i know i don't like it to begin with, here."

It would be lovely if the choice wasn't between a hard mode that doesn't challenge me and a Lunatic mode that's harder than MoF/SA no-bombs lunatic for a broad variety of reasons i don't approve of. :)

draganuv15

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2010, 04:28:25 PM »
UFO
Stages 1,2,3,4 Fine
Stage 5: Damn, I lost a big portion of lives, but I'm no quitter!
Stage 6:  :V

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2010, 05:54:54 PM »
Is hijiri considered a hard final boss ?
Because I can't beat her.
On easy.

Treasurance

• Now with 100% more Ban'd!
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2010, 06:56:49 PM »
what the fuck, I can't play touhou anymore. Too small unanimated bullets. Even Garegga bullets are crystal clear compared to this shit. Also controls feel weird

oh well, back to DOJ. It's easier...

Bananamatic

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2010, 07:09:24 PM »
what the fuck, I can't play touhou anymore. Too small unanimated bullets. Even Garegga bullets are crystal clear compared to this shit. Also controls feel weird

oh well, back to DOJ. It's easier...
Somehow, I also find touhou somewhat smaller to other shmups, and I have no idea why

Treasurance

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2010, 07:29:11 PM »
Somehow, I also find touhou somewhat smaller to other shmups, and I have no idea why
PatriotDark is pretty "small" too, but it's awesome instead of annoying. Especially with custom musics...

Then again, RSG feels so big I can't ever do a serious run

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2010, 07:33:23 PM »
Guys. Its because Touhou is about a crapload of very small bullets made so that one of them might slip past.

Treasurance

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2010, 07:40:53 PM »
Guys. Its because Touhou is about a crapload of very small bullets made so that one of them might slip past.
macrododge>micrododge

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2010, 07:47:38 PM »
macrododge>micrododge

Obviously. Touhou is mostly about micrododge but there is always things like VoWG. Macrodoging ftw.

Bananamatic

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2010, 08:12:46 PM »
does it even matter

you either dodge or you don't

Treasurance

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2010, 08:19:29 PM »
does it even matter

the latter

though some say macrododging is more "fun"...what the hell, who cares? Isn't all of this just for extending one's virtual schlong or what

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2010, 08:44:09 PM »

Yes Banana, that's a very interesting statement. Given my huge amount of expertise with the Touhou series i can clarify that there is indeed situations in which you dodge and in which you don't.

If it is pre-UFO you read n' dodge. If you play UFO or GFW then you flail around randomly hoping not to get hit. And memorize a ton of crap. And play stages so painfully boring that you'll want to drill your own eyes out. That's one thing that Cave kicks absolute ass at when it comes to game design. Stages that aren't filled to the breaking point with "waiting-sections"