Author Topic: [WC3 - DotS] General discussion thread I  (Read 562153 times)

Captain Infinity

• Captain of Echo Platoon, 3rd Battalion.
  • To bring chaos and honor to this world gone soft.
Re: 东方幻想乡[D]efense [o]f [t]he [S]hrines (DotS, WC3)
« Reply #570 on: February 10, 2011, 09:28:52 AM »
Looli, you have best luck.

This is coming from the person whose ISP trolled him for half a week.

Looli's luck is shared with mine.

My PC died. Have to RMA the motherboard and processor. So no DOTS for 1-2 weeks for me as well. zzzzzzz.

Hurr, no more charismatic hosting then.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #571 on: February 10, 2011, 09:42:37 AM »
This is coming from the person whose ISP trolled him for half a week.
Actually, my router exploded or something.

Captain Infinity

« Reply #572 on: February 10, 2011, 09:44:34 AM »
Actually, my router exploded or something.

That's supposed to make things better? :3

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #573 on: February 10, 2011, 10:44:54 AM »
That's supposed to make things better? :3

It does the effect  :V
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #574 on: February 10, 2011, 11:46:27 PM »
Darn, that's a lot of updates....

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #575 on: February 11, 2011, 03:45:13 AM »
First game for me in almost a week.
We got two people from the TNS community in this game.

Hakurei
Shadowbringer (Ran)
Dormio (Iku)
DrRawr (Eirin)

Moriya
Z_god (Nue)
E_X_que_D_de (Suwako)
s1lv3rw0lf (Sanae)

« Reply #576 on: February 11, 2011, 12:22:05 PM »
Rant:

Ok yiu guys got to stop complaining when ever i pick anyone srsly:
Mystia- you guys say shes easy just spam song
Koishi- lolafk
Shiz- hurr high damage and easy
Wriggle- spam bugs and attack
Etc 

Fuck it seems who ever i enjoy fucking playing but some people  seem to want to bitch and moan. Hell its not like i even play any of these girls often either, but when i do you guy cant just seem to get over it and counter. For example last nights game, ace was the only one who did good becuase HE ACTUALLY LEFT HIS LANE EARLY GAME TO KILL ME OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Trance hae valid excuse for delay. Point being they all everyone has a counter thriugh items/girls, use them. Also im sure if i carried with alice some people would say lolspamdollsandwin.

On another note game against tns was weird. It seemed like no one laned me?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #577 on: February 11, 2011, 12:43:24 PM »
I don't think anyone has a problem with Mystia/Shizuha.
I mean there's always the "carries are OP/ezmodo" in DotS but that applies to every carry, not just Mystia/Shizuha.

It's more Koishi/Wriggle, I think.
Wriggle, especially after various stat buffs and the new ult fade timer (0.3 seconds at level 3? Seriously?), is gay. Even if you kill Wriggle, Wriggle will just use bugs to catch up. It's pretty hard to keep track of bugs when you also have to take note of Wriggle and whoever else is on Wriggle's teams. Hunting for bugs solo? Odear, the other team has vision of you and whoever is in the nearby lane can gank you. Wriggle also just drains the other team's money by forcing them to get wards, tengu or moderators whilst having bugs to significantly boost her own income.
Koishi is also an extremely lame character. Her passives means that she basically gets a free nice boat and evasion/damage to boot. And if you don't have a Shikieiki on your team, good luck stopping Koishi from farming up with her ult. You always talk about how you can kite subKoishi etc. but, imo, subKoishi should be used for farming, not for fighting enemy girls. Becoming melee AND losing control makes you completely incompetent at killing anything that isn't AI.

RE: TNS match, I think they used too much of time trying to set up ganks that failed.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #578 on: February 11, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »
Fuck it seems who ever i enjoy fucking playing but some people  seem to want to bitch and moan. Hell its not like i even play any of these girls often either, but when i do you guy cant just seem to get over it and counter. For example last nights game, ace was the only one who did good becuase HE ACTUALLY LEFT HIS LANE EARLY GAME TO KILL ME OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Trance hae valid excuse for delay. Point being they all everyone has a counter thriugh items/girls, use them. Also im sure if i carried with alice some people would say lolspamdollsandwin.

Yeah, fuck off, I was the Shikieiki that game and I had seven to nine second delay.

SEVEN to NINE second delay. That kind of delay is absolutely fucking unplayable. I had absolutely no chance. I was /trying/ to do what Shiki was supposed to do. I also found out absolutely NOBODY seemed to take into account that it was my first time using Shikieiki.

No, I am not going to whine if you use Wriggle.

I am not going to whine if you use Shizuha or Mystia.

I won't whine if you use Alice, either.

But I will have no mercy in bitching if you use Koishi. She requires even LESS effort than Wriggle, ISN'T item-dependent like Flandre, and has an intrinsic passive in her arsenal that effectively GIMPS most of her counters anyway. Koishi's only considered underpowered by the Chinese community because she has no actual actives outside of Subterranean Rose, which is a self-buff in the first fucking place.

Koishi is NOT an enjoyable lane, period.

Do you think I enjoy it when people bitch and moan about me using Minoriko?

Do you think I enjoy it when people whine about me using Sanae?

Do you think I enjoy it when people call foul and focus me everytime I use Letty?

Give me a break.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #579 on: February 11, 2011, 01:04:42 PM »
Yea but the point is everyone has there counters and reimu flan yukari eiki letty medicine yamame murasa and probably more have the skills to deal  with ezmode carry, ur right about wriggle u need money but having a hero with high survivability like yuugi or nitori will help not lose tengus. Heck boths of those girls are good for any situation. Koishi is managable while not subcon becuase she has average str growth. Any one of those agi carrys could trash her just as much. I dont have the replay but ace as flan was just putting me down. Also wriggle ONLY has a good early game. After that pretty much every other carry will be better(unless concordias and all). The only thing wriggle had going was her swarm but armor does reduce the damage and after sometime they start to shine less.

Trance: you already complained about wriggle :V. But anyways i dont complain about girls too much because i try to counter pick. If i see some hero which could cause trouble like mino id pick a high damage one like wriggle or someone to stop insane pushes and healing. People make koishi and wriggle out to be op but ive seen games where wriggle and koishi were curbed stomped and coupdnt do much about it. Also as i said having disables  will STOP anyone from being effective even in a team effort, having koishi out of the brawl makes a huge diffrence. Also being a hero like sanae or letty with aoe slow/stun do expect to be first target on brawls.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 01:07:16 PM by Dr Rawr »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #580 on: February 11, 2011, 01:08:39 PM »
Way to go to miss the entire point of my post.

Let me get something I said in IRC.

21:03:43 (TranceHime) I don't give a shit if Koishi is your favourite character, using her makes the game unenjoyable and you need to fucking understand that you're not the only one playing the game

>makes the game unenjoyable
>unenjoyable

I joined the game that time expecting things to be FUN, not expecting it to be full of bullshit on my team's end.

If we have to counterpick and do actual team planning, let me go play my fucking DotA instead, that shit's way more balanced than this game will ever be.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Captain Infinity

« Reply #581 on: February 11, 2011, 01:12:47 PM »
Rant:

Ok yiu guys got to stop complaining when ever i pick anyone srsly:
Mystia- you guys say shes easy just spam song
Koishi- lolafk
Shiz- hurr high damage and easy
Wriggle- spam bugs and attack
Etc 

On another note game against tns was weird. It seemed like no one laned me?

I've never seen anyone complain about Mystia or Shiz so I don't know whats up with that.

I think the current Koishi is retarded, not to mention boring as hell to play, what with the evasion, mana burn, free nice boat and damage boost, plus like Dormio says, her ult is better for farming rather than beating the crap out of enemy girls, although its still a viable solution to decimating some girls.

Wriggle is just extraordinarily retarded, even more so with the recent ult buff. It's really, really easy and requires relatively little effort to own with her, yet so much harder, more effort taking and MUCH more costly to counter her. She can just use beetles to farm up for her even if she falls behind, while the other team needs to waste a lot of money just to counter you, its just insanely stupid. Its also practically impossible to keep effective track of her after she reaches level 6.

Yeah, fuck off, I was the Shikieiki that game and I had seven to nine second delay.

SEVEN to NINE second delay. That kind of delay is absolutely fucking unplayable. I had absolutely no chance. I was /trying/ to do what Shiki was supposed to do. I also found out absolutely NOBODY seemed to take into account that it was my first time using Shikieiki.

No, I am not going to whine if you use Wriggle.

I am not going to whine if you use Shizuha or Mystia.

I won't whine if you use Alice, either.

But I will have no mercy in bitching if you use Koishi. She requires even LESS effort than Wriggle, ISN'T item-dependent like Flandre, and has an intrinsic passive in her arsenal that effectively GIMPS most of her counters anyway. Koishi's only considered underpowered by the Chinese community because she has no actual actives outside of Subterranean Rose, which is a self-buff in the first fucking place.

Koishi is NOT an enjoyable lane, period.

Do you think I enjoy it when people bitch and moan about me using Minoriko?

Do you think I enjoy it when people whine about me using Sanae?

Do you think I enjoy it when people call foul and focus me everytime I use Letty?

Give me a break.

I think I sometimes get that kind of delay with you hosting :V Also used to get that randomly with Helepolis' charismatic hosting before BNet.

I also don't complain about your hero choices, and I doubt I've seen people complain about Sanae. I've seen Rawr complain every time Minoriko is chosen though, and occasionally Letty complaints from some people. Besides, Letty tends to be a priority target, because in team battles, she gives a huge upper hand to her team with her blizzard and her ult.

No one complains when I use somebody :3

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #582 on: February 11, 2011, 04:08:56 PM »
Current Koishi? Koishi has been always horrible designed char the moment she was inserted. Koishi == stack 6  cat nips, get passive crit skill -> win game.

Wriggle? Wriggle was fine until devs decided to turn her cloaking to 0.3s. God knows the reason behind this. She is banned anyway.

« Reply #583 on: February 11, 2011, 04:13:11 PM »
Also after looking at game with tns suwakos ult made me dodge nue ult :V, and my amazing arrow kill into the darkness :v

Captain Infinity

« Reply #584 on: February 11, 2011, 04:52:16 PM »
Current Koishi? Koishi has been always horrible designed char the moment she was inserted. Koishi == stack 6  cat nips, get passive crit skill -> win game.

Wriggle? Wriggle was fine until devs decided to turn her cloaking to 0.3s. God knows the reason behind this. She is banned anyway.

Koishi was always retarded I know :V and the change to her having less damage boost from the girls was nothing compared to her gaining mana burning attacks orz which made her even more retarded in my view.

Wriggle was always gay, probably not overpowered but always gay. Now she's more gay with the fade time reduced.

\o/ I'm never told off for choosing certain characters, especially since I random half the time.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #585 on: February 11, 2011, 04:56:13 PM »
Nah it's because you suck, but not as much as Dormio :V

Captain Infinity

« Reply #586 on: February 11, 2011, 06:20:52 PM »
Nah it's because you suck, but not as much as Dormio :V

Exactly  \o/ I don't pride myself on being a good DotS player. I'm a NotD:AM player (not noob reVelske's NotD:2) on WC3, and I school all of you kids in it, as seen in several games of it :3

But truth be told, Dormio and I can actually be okay players when we don't have any delay (or have less delay than we currently get). Otherwise we end up like how we are now :V

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #587 on: February 11, 2011, 08:43:49 PM »
Unfortunately, when I play with delay, I don't bother trying to last hit/deny and just autoattack whilst laning.
Of course, this is terrible play and I should try to correct that, but it's just too bothersome in delay. :ohdear:

Captain Infinity

« Reply #588 on: February 11, 2011, 09:14:07 PM »
Unfortunately, when I play with delay, I don't bother trying to last hit/deny and just autoattack whilst laning.
Of course, this is terrible play and I should try to correct that, but it's just too bothersome in delay. :ohdear:

My last hitting and denying under heavy delay, lag and spikes, which is usually how my games are, involve helping the enemy last hit and deny. It's difficult to get the timing right with all that orz So every time I get it I'm like \o/ I winz.

Sometimes I just can't be bothered though, like Durrmio.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #589 on: February 11, 2011, 10:09:10 PM »
Byakuren > Palanquin

Hakurei
Headcrabs (Flandre)
DrRawr (Shizuha)
Pesco (Komachi)
Dormio (Byakuren)

Moriya
Hero999 (Murasa)
Roukan (Marisa)
Panda (Aya)
Tapsa (Satori)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #590 on: February 12, 2011, 10:31:31 PM »
Check out Pesco's kill at around the 1:10 mark.
It's in the top lane. And it's awesome.

Hakurei
reVenant (Meiling)
Sodium (Cirno)
Pesco (Nazrin)
Tapsa (Mokou)

Moriya
Infinity (Nue)
Dormio (Byakuren)
Hero999 (Mystia)
Roukanken (Minoriko)

Captain Infinity

« Reply #591 on: February 12, 2011, 10:48:21 PM »
Check out Pesco's kill at around the 1:10 mark.
It's in the top lane. And it's awesome.

Hakurei
reVenant (Meiling)
Sodium (Cirno)
Pesco (Nazrin)
Tapsa (Mokou)

Moriya
Infinity (Nue)
Dormio (Byakuren)
Hero999 (Mystia)
Roukanken (Minoriko)

Damn double posting noob.

Jerk Pesco and his jerk SDL. EVEN IN DEATH PESCO MOCKS ME OTZ

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #592 on: February 12, 2011, 11:06:08 PM »
When I died I thought it didn't kill you, so yeah :V

Captain Infinity

« Reply #593 on: February 12, 2011, 11:07:51 PM »
When I died I thought it didn't kill you, so yeah :V

You still troll me while alive and dead, jerk.

ONE DAY I SHALL HAVE MY VENGEANCE PESCO, ONE DAY  >:D

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #594 on: February 12, 2011, 11:09:53 PM »
Don't tell me you died to SDL. :V

Captain Infinity

« Reply #595 on: February 12, 2011, 11:11:44 PM »

Don't tell me you can't even play atm. :V

JERKS JERKING ME.

And I am going to regret this comment aren't I?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #596 on: February 12, 2011, 11:13:35 PM »

Killed Infinity and Hero with SDLs

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #597 on: February 12, 2011, 11:14:33 PM »
Don't tell me you can't even play atm. :V
Even if I could play, I wouldn't.  0:14 AM here.

Killed Infinity and Hero with SDLs
TrollWWWWWWWWWWWWWWi

Captain Infinity

« Reply #598 on: February 12, 2011, 11:18:28 PM »
Even if I could play, I wouldn't.  0:14 AM here.

TrollWWWWWWWWWWWWWWi

God damn Nazrin running around with an SDL.

JERK HELEPOLIS NEEDS TO FIX HIS COMP FAST SO I CAN FAIL AGAINST HIM.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #599 on: February 12, 2011, 11:28:08 PM »
TrollWWWWWWWWWWWWWWi
Even better, Pesco killed Infinity about 5 seconds AFTER he died with SDL.