Author Topic: Gyakuten Touhou/Aya Shameimaru Ace Attorney 2 translation done! (Link on Page 8)  (Read 180922 times)

Re: Gyakuten Touhou AKA Aya Shameimaru Ace Attorney translation complete!
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2011, 03:27:05 AM »
My biggest concern is the typewritter sound and the speed of it, and the fact that we can't speed through it just breaks anyone's patience. But I guess something will be done or there's some sort of speed value attached to it, dunno really.

Also, I gotta hand it to Suikayasan, even though they don't have the cleverness that the Phoenix Wright staff writers do, they did manage to keep me playing for quite an extended period of time before getting bored about it. Too bad they can't animate Remilia getting her tea cup Godot style, that would make me smile almost all the time during trials.

« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2011, 04:52:02 AM »
Alright. I got myself the translation patch, and I got myself stuck at a dead-end. Can anyone help me? I tried every evidence on all characters available on Extra, but I'm still stuck.
Spoiler:
I checked the whole Nitori's Storeroom... At least I guess I did? I talked to her, both choices. I tried to talk to her for Investigation, but she said exactly the same thing. I got myself the registry and the lemon (but I did not find the cable that was cut... but I don't think I can find it anyways.) I checked the shogi board, but to no avail. I also got the Poncho from Tenshi. I got the teacup from the SDM Library and had a chat with Patchy... I talked to Kogasa in the Human Village and she left, then to Mokou, who apparently had just one thing to say about the ghost. After I talked to her... I can't advance on the story.

Hope someone can help me... Or maybe we can create a help thread on Help me Eirin?

Anyways, the game is quite nice. The humour of the Gyakuten Saiban series is present, and that's thanks to N-Forza for that quite marvelous job.
Just one thing that I hate though... The "Matta!" "Igiari!" and "Kurae!" voices. I find them... quite ugly, if you want my opinion.

Once I finish the game, I will make a list of all things untranslated or corrections to be made on some words. ^^

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2011, 08:51:13 AM »
Believe me, I would've loved to record new voices, but that's a little outside my scope.

Also, here's an updated patch. It fixes the minor crash at the Forest Lakeside

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5k3y55

« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2011, 09:33:52 AM »
Alright. I got myself the translation patch, and I got myself stuck at a dead-end. Can anyone help me? I tried every evidence on all characters available on Extra, but I'm still stuck.
Spoiler:
I checked the whole Nitori's Storeroom... At least I guess I did? I talked to her, both choices. I tried to talk to her for Investigation, but she said exactly the same thing. I got myself the registry and the lemon (but I did not find the cable that was cut... but I don't think I can find it anyways.) I checked the shogi board, but to no avail. I also got the Poncho from Tenshi. I got the teacup from the SDM Library and had a chat with Patchy... I talked to Kogasa in the Human Village and she left, then to Mokou, who apparently had just one thing to say about the ghost. After I talked to her... I can't advance on the story.

Hope someone can help me... Or maybe we can create a help thread on Help me Eirin?

You asked for help, I shall provide. Spoilers ahead:

Spoiler:
Do the following: Check the all the stuff on Nitori's storeroom, specially the safe and all that. If you already did this, go to the SDM Library and show Patchy the perfume. That's probably what you haven't done. If you done all this, the series of event should continue.

« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2011, 11:32:38 AM »
Thanks a lot!
Spoiler:
I didn't show the perfume to Patchy, so that's why I was stuck... Now I'm going to see Alice for that perfume.

« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2011, 12:40:48 PM »
I'm not sure if this is really on-topic for this thread, but did Gyakuten Touhou 3 ever materialize?  There's a page for it on Suikayasan's site and it was supposedly at Comiket 79 but that's as much as I could find about it.

If it did, is it still obtainable or was it a limited release?

N-Forza

« Reply #156 on: September 11, 2011, 01:49:02 PM »
Yes, it's still available in doujin game shops. I actually played and beat it already.

« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2011, 03:04:53 PM »
What are the differences between vanilla Gyakuten Touhou and Shin Gyakuten Touhou, btw ? Or are they completely different games ?

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2011, 03:34:20 PM »
The main difference is, Shin Gyakuten Touhou has 1 more case.

N-Forza

« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2011, 10:21:28 PM »
Also various engine improvements and a few graphical tweaks. In fact, it seems smoother overall than the second game, likely because they made Shin after that one.

Frozentearz

• The fool whose tears have been frozen since that day....
  • when will there be no crime in this world??
« Reply #160 on: September 13, 2011, 12:13:01 PM »
excuse me i want to ask you whether you will be doing the translation for the second game too? since you translate the first game....
oh BTW thanks for the patch :D

May this corrupted world have salvation....

« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2011, 07:02:42 PM »
Is anyone else having trouble getting the game running at all? Does it not work on windows 7 or something? My friend got a copy from the same place as me and has it working fine on vista, but I just get weird error messages full of questionmarks even when I try running it in applocale.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2011, 09:17:07 PM »
It won't work even with applocale if you run it without japanese system locale. You need japanese system locale to run the game.

« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2011, 08:05:25 AM »
Oh, that's annoying. Thanks.

« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2011, 02:06:30 PM »
<3 this, added a new item to my life. Though I am having problems.

I firstly wish to thank the translator,
and secondly to ask a question.

Spoiler:
On the part of the extra part in touhou ace attorney, there is an area where Kogasa gives a testimony that you cannot press, if you do, you will lose immediately, I need help at this part.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2011, 02:56:42 PM »
Spoiler:
You need to press the statement where she mentions which pocket Tenshi used to hide the suit. This last testimony is a trick. When you press it, it will start unfolding the same as any other pressings. I got confused too and thought that I made a mistake. You just need to scroll a bit further...

N-Forza

« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2011, 02:30:43 PM »
OK, seeing as how there has been ample time for people to play the game, I would like some more solid feedback about the translation. Anything at all is fine, positive or negative. Did anything about the translation bother you? Did anything stick out as really great? Just say whatever comes to mind.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2011, 02:36:04 PM »
I thought you did a good job. There were only a couple of spelling mistakes but that was all there really is.

N-Forza

« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2011, 11:50:44 PM »
Typos? Like what? If you can't remember, that's fine, but I would like to know if possible.

N-Forza

« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2012, 12:11:00 AM »
All right, the translation for Touhou Attorney 2 is underway. Just about finished with the rough translation of the first of four cases.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2012, 02:59:43 AM »
All right, the translation for Touhou Attorney 2 is underway. Just about finished with the rough translation of the first of four cases.

Hot damn, that is welcome news!  Thoroughly enjoyed the original.

« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2012, 10:11:17 PM »
Just finished the first game. There were noticeable typos but they did not impact my enjoyment in the least.
I am looking forward to the sequel's translation.

N-Forza

« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2012, 10:24:41 PM »
You're the second person who's said that about typos. I'd be nice if someone said where they were.

« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2012, 11:31:49 PM »
I wasn't keeping track of where the typos were. I was focused on the game...

N-Forza

« Reply #174 on: March 09, 2012, 08:43:01 AM »
No, that's fine. I'm not expecting anyone to do it, but I'm just wondering how I misspelled so many words despite going over everything a bunch of times and giving it to a couple people to check. Oh well, I'll just be more careful for this one.

« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2012, 05:49:03 AM »
Figured I'd help with the typo problem.

I'm actually almost done with an LP of this game, and I do make a note of all the typos I see along the way. It's not exhaustive, as I didn't examine everything and its mother, but it should help quite a bit.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5DB6B49A49F18A68&feature=plcp

Make sure to watch with annotations on.

And also note that this LP uses the first patch - not the forest-lakeside-crash-fixed one. I never ran into it anyway on my first playthrough.

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #176 on: July 07, 2012, 10:21:43 PM »
so hows the second games transulation going? its been 3 months or so, im guessing if its still being worked on, it should be done around now.
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

N-Forza

« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2012, 03:51:17 AM »
The first game took around a year or so of off-and-on work, so don't expect it that quickly. I'm only doing this in my spare time, and I have a few other projects going on too.

I'm almost done with the second of four cases, but I'm going to be working on my doujinshi over the next few months too as well as finding another job so I can't give a timeframe of when I'll be done.

« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2013, 02:16:36 PM »
so, I just want to know but, how much have you done?

N-Forza

« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »
Pretty close to finishing case 3 of 4, but I haven't touched it since I started my new job. I'll see if I can't make time for it soonish, since I do want to get this out the door within this decade.