Author Topic: Touhou 12.5 Double Spoiler English patch  (Read 43936 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Touhou 12.5 Double Spoiler English patch
« on: March 15, 2010, 11:18:13 AM »
The game's been out barely 48 hours, and I'm already seeing some of our diligent bilinguals working on translations. So this thread is here for the solicitation of help, to offer service, and of course for the eventual posting of a completed English patch for testing, and testers' comments.

I understand there's a lot of scenes to cover, but Drake has helpfully ripped the .dat file, which should ease things.

So who's up for it? Our usual suspects? Let's get this party started!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Re: Touhou 12.5 Double Spoiler English patch
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 11:20:50 AM »
We're working on transcribing comments and figuring out the card names over on the Wiki right now.

Tengukami

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »
Yeah, I heard. I know the manual will be important as well. drywall did a great job with StB's at any rate.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 11:31:47 AM »
The spell card names were about the extent of what I could do. Parsing the comments requires, you know, actual knowledge of grammar I can't get from mechanical means.  :ohdear:

Tengukami

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 11:36:36 AM »
Edit: Thanks for moving the topic here.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:25:03 PM by Tengu-天照-kami »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 12:17:11 PM »
o>
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 08:15:34 PM »
Does, like,
Spoiler:
Hatate
really, like, talk in that way?

That's awkward.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 09:42:08 PM »
Does, like,
Spoiler:
Hatate
really, like, talk in that way?

That's awkward.

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=5340.msg284125#msg284125

Start here, and just keep on reading.

Tengukami

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 09:45:57 PM »
Short answer: most of the "likes" have been edited out.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 01:35:01 AM »
seriously though please don't have this in the actual translation patch, that'd just be silly

unless you could also keep a bit of code to remove a lot of the "likes", like in PoFV's patch with the different settings and whatnot

actually wow no that'd be perfect because then everyone would be happy

on the other hand it seems extremely absurd to have it in the first place
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 04:41:57 AM »
Short answer: most of the "likes" have been edited out.

It's still being sorted out. They're still in as of right now.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 06:26:33 AM »
I've gone through and edited everything up to Stage 8 where there are still missing transcriptions. Like I mentioned before, I was going more for a general girly teenager tone VS. flat-out valley girl so hopefully this will be more agreeable.

drywall

• yare yare daze
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 07:03:51 PM »
oh hey guys

so yeah if nobody is already working on the actual patch I'd be up for it

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 08:20:33 PM »
I approve. Show us the way drywall~
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tengukami

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 08:28:12 PM »
You did great work with the StB English patch, drywall, so I've got nothing but total faith in your ability to patch Double Spoiler.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 11:20:32 PM »
You did great work with the StB English patch, drywall, so I've got nothing but total faith in your ability to patch Double Spoiler.

i lol'd

"Eh, who needs brains in danmaku? Power, that's all you need!" -Kirisame Marisa

Tengukami

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 02:46:05 PM »
Share the joke with the rest of the class. What prompted your 'lol'?

drywall

• yare yare daze
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 12:47:41 AM »
edit: Thanks to Aisha and NeoSerela for providing their clear files.

<3
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 02:50:47 AM by drywall »

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 04:28:37 AM »
Hello, all

Although I'm reasonably sure there's no doubt as to how Hatate speaks by now, yes, N-Forza is correct, she doesn't, like, talk like a total val gal. That was a rather embarrassingly prolonged mistake on my part; next time I'll know not to place so much faith on what I've seen but not verified.

That aside, is there anything that needs doing here? I've been translating the cards as best I can as soon as people upload the Japanese text to the wiki, but I don't know if maybe they're being translated separately here, or something? Or has the project already been finished?

Tengukami

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 09:25:45 AM »
I would talk to drywall if you want to chip in.

drywall

• yare yare daze
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 11:49:11 PM »
Or has the project already been finished?

haha no not even

but I do have something you could help out with, I'll PM you the details

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 01:29:13 AM »
Thanks, drywall. Can't send PMs yet, so I'm replying here c:

Here's the translated file:

http://sce.inkwash.net/uploads/misc/help.txt

I left the Japanese in (each English translation is directly below its Japanese counterpart, which is commented out), but when I saved it in shift-JIS it seemed to go crazy. Then again, that could just be my computer being unable to read it--let me know if that's a problem.

Anything with a ? in parentheses afterwords is something I'm not entirely sure about.

drywall

• yare yare daze
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 02:34:35 AM »
Thanks Nazerine, took a quick look over it just now and it looks great. Thanks for the help. It's probably better that you posted it here so anyone can answer your unresolved stuff. I can tell you that the "When the boss says "Ack!", it's a shutter chance!" line is referring to that clicking sound the bosses make when the red spell circle shows up (making it a shutter chance).  I'm open to suggestions for an english onomatopoeia equivalent (i.e. I'm stumped), otherwise I'll just change it to something like "When the boss makes a clicking noise its a shutter chance".

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 02:43:41 AM »
Glad to help!

I must confess I haven't actually played the game since a few days after its release, so I'm not sure. I really don't want to go through the process of setting up my PC right now, so I guess someone else should check it out...

Maybe "clack" or "click," though? Hopefully that would be clear enough.

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 08:24:23 PM »
"Snap"?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2010, 09:34:39 PM »
I always hear it as the "ka" to the "ka-cha" of a camera snap. But in context "ka" is a little vague. :   Maybe "cha" would be a more understandable one?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 01:16:19 AM »
Tick? Maybe.

drywall

• yare yare daze
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 01:27:18 AM »
quick update: since I've got a dump of the game's messages I went ahead and filled in all the untranscribed sections of the wiki. I also fixed a couple other entries that were a bit off, so if anyone wants to spot check the others against the game's text heres a complete dump of the messages:

http://www.mediafire.com/?whzn2mgkzwn

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 01:58:42 AM »
Went ahead and translated the few left untranslated (unless I managed to miss some), but I may well have made a mistake or two in there. If someone wants to read over that stuff, it would be great c:

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2010, 03:46:07 AM »
I always thought of the shutter chance noise as a tock. It just sounds so... "TOCK" to me. Too deep for a tick or click IMO.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore