Author Topic: Reisen Quest Still: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 79466 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Reisen Quest Still: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #960 on: March 18, 2010, 03:16:13 AM »
>considering how anything short of an accessory for each of them would just make them more indignant and worried about their situation, it may not be worth it.
>make finger motions for 'guiding' the red and blue gems back to you to imply a use necessity that does not exist
>smile
>"Very well, then. Please, lead the way... but don't go running too far ahead, now~"

>You decide that such assurances would probably just cause more trouble than they are worth.
>You guide the gems back into position with completely unnecessary finger motions.
>You smile and ask them to lead you. They slowly stand up, clearly trying not to make any sudden motions. The pistol-carrier considers her weapon for a moment, then shrugs and leaves it on the table. "It's this way." says Rise, gesturing toward a door to the west.
>You follow the rabbits as they lead you into more glass corridors, which sometimes give way to natural rocky ones. They take you through a few twists and turns, nothing so complex that you can't trace your way back, before stopping at a simple metal door. Rise takes a huge breath, then walks inside, the other two follow.
>You enter into a large room, part of it a natural cavern and other parts expanded via Lunarian engineering. The shimenawa, the censors of sweet-smelling incense, and the large altar in the back quickly tell you this is a shrine. Obvious exits are east and north.
>Sitting in front of the altar in a lotus position is a woman with long purple hair. She does not seem to have acknowledged that anyone has entered the shrine yet. You frown, the presence of Watatsuki no Yorihime is not something you had hoped for. You feel that you should be at least somewhat terrified, but your heart is calm, your thoughts rational.
>None of the rabbits seem willing to speak up and interrupt her.

>_
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 04:48:57 AM by Doctor Purvis MFD »

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #961 on: March 18, 2010, 03:18:56 AM »
>This may warrant bringing out Reimu's seals. But not yet.
>Give her a few seconds.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #962 on: March 18, 2010, 03:25:49 AM »
>This may warrant bringing out Reimu's seals. But not yet.
>Give her a few seconds.

>You don't think the seals would work on Yorihime. Even though she is a pure being, you don't think she hails from Makai or is immaterial.
>After a few moments, Yorihime stands and appraises the situation quietly. "Ah. I see that you've come back to us, Reisen."
>You note Rise shift a little. Is she's gotten so used to being called by your name she thought Yorihime was talking to her?

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #963 on: March 18, 2010, 03:29:21 AM »
> Gunwink Yorihime
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #964 on: March 18, 2010, 03:31:32 AM »
> Gunwink Yorihime

>You give her a gunwink.
>Yorihime laughs. "That's very adorable!"
>Still wearing a smile that seems geniunely amused, she says, "Now, don't you have some explaining to do?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #965 on: March 18, 2010, 03:36:10 AM »
>"I found this place because I've been investigating the true source of the UFOs that caused the Reimu-Byakuren incident. Would I be wrong to think that the UFOs have been the doings of the rabbits here, as part of helping to... how should I say it... "observe", Gensokyo?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #966 on: March 18, 2010, 03:39:53 AM »
>"You're not entirely wrong," says Yorihime, as she approaches you.
>She glances at the rabbits. "You three may go. Thank you for bringing her to me."
>The rabbits shift with obvious discomfort. One of them looks back at you, the unspoken question on her face.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #967 on: March 18, 2010, 04:17:32 AM »
> "So what brings you here?"

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #968 on: March 18, 2010, 04:24:33 AM »
> "So what brings you here?"

>You ignore the rabbits for now and ask Yorihime the important question. They sort of shuffle out of the way.
>"There are things that we can no longer ignore, of course," Yorihime says. "Surely you are aware of some of the recent happenings?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #969 on: March 18, 2010, 04:26:05 AM »
> "I'm aware of a bunch of recent happenings. Are you talking about the vampire's rocket or are you talking about the sun disappearing?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #970 on: March 18, 2010, 04:33:41 AM »
> "I'm aware of a bunch of recent happenings. Are you talking about the vampire's rocket or are you talking about the sun disappearing?"

>"The sun is one issue, yes," says Yorihime. "A much more severe issue, however, is that within that same time period, someone summoned a forbidden being into this world. This is something we cannot afford to overlook."

>_

« Reply #971 on: March 18, 2010, 04:38:57 AM »
> Could this forbidden being be the Apparition?

Zemyla

• It's okay, we love you even if we have no idea who you are.
  • A vegetarian? I challenge you to a duel!
« Reply #972 on: March 18, 2010, 04:50:38 AM »
> Actually, it could be the Guy Made of Bees that Patchy fought.  That happened roughly the same time.  Though if it is, then why wouldn't they have seen it was defeated
Possibility of Interminable Reciprocity - A Touhou RP

Join us, or Kisume will cry.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #973 on: March 18, 2010, 04:52:31 AM »

>You think it could be. But she said it happened around the time of the sun incident; does that mean the Apparition was around then?

> Actually, it could be the Guy Made of Bees that Patchy fought.  That happened roughly the same time.  Though if it is, then why wouldn't they have seen it was defeated

>...Patchouli did mention something about a cosmic horror related to that broken sword.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #974 on: March 18, 2010, 05:00:46 AM »
>"If that's the case, then I suspect at least most of us would be glad to help, if asked. Patchouli and Eirin are looking into one of the artifacts relating to that incident right now."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #975 on: March 18, 2010, 05:03:38 AM »
>"If that's the case, then I suspect at least most of us would be glad to help, if asked. Patchouli and Eirin are looking into one of the artifacts relating to that incident right now."

>"I suspect the opposite, actually," says Yorihime. "Consider how eagerly disparate forces banned together to invade the moon. I doubt they would be willing to allow us to enforce justice upon one of their own so easily."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #976 on: March 18, 2010, 05:17:37 AM »
>is she referring to the first Lunar Invasion, or the basically-a-joke that was Remilia's visit?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #977 on: March 18, 2010, 05:18:39 AM »
> "You're being strangely distrustful of Eirin. To what entity do you refer when you say "one of their own", however?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #978 on: March 18, 2010, 05:28:50 AM »
>is she referring to the first Lunar Invasion, or the basically-a-joke that was Remilia's visit?

>You don't really know. Maybe both? The latter, at least, did involve disparate forces coming together. You're still not certain you understand everything that happened in regards to that.

> "You're being strangely distrustful of Eirin. To what entity do you refer when you say "one of their own", however?"

>"I trust the Sage that the would not get involved in these affairs," says Yorihime. "And when I say one of their own, I mean the people of this world against Lunarians. "

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #979 on: March 18, 2010, 05:49:01 AM »
>"Depending on the extent you mean 'brought to justice,' I may have to disagree: major troublemakers here have been attacked and punished for their actions in the past. But I'll grant that it's generally mild even then..."
>Battle plan: Reassure her with evidence of working on sealing up/getting rid of cosmic horror instead of binding/attacking with it, suggest having an open Lunarian-loyal representative/ambassador around to keep tabs on things and maybe help out (and try and improve relations!), say that the main problem with the UFOs is with using the UFO appearance for spying technologies due to causing an uproar between Reimu and Byakuren, more than keeping tabs on Gensokyo on principle (which is fair enough, especially if the occasional visitor to the moon is allowed)
>In particular, focus on letting her 'see' the proceedings with regards to the Cosmic Horror mess, whether through a representative or allowing 'spying' that isn't quite as inflammatory

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #980 on: March 18, 2010, 05:56:32 AM »
> "I'm not particularly aware of anyone in Gensokyo with anti-Lunarian prejudices, though I admittedly don't know the details of what happened after the vampire's rocket launched. If you're referring to people like...like that asshole Neil Armstrong, though, Gensokyo is, shall we say, a gated community. Those kinds of Terranians can't find their way in here. We've only had one other instance of outsiders appearing here, and from what I hear, it took the might of a goddess, if not the combined might of two, for that to happen, and they ended up being quite reasonable people, if a little religiously zealous."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #981 on: March 18, 2010, 06:03:15 AM »
>"Depending on the extent you mean 'brought to justice,' I may have to disagree: major troublemakers here have been attacked and punished for their actions in the past. But I'll grant that it's generally mild even then..."
>Battle plan: Reassure her with evidence of working on sealing up/getting rid of cosmic horror instead of binding/attacking with it, suggest having an open Lunarian-loyal representative/ambassador around to keep tabs on things and maybe help out (and try and improve relations!), say that the main problem with the UFOs is with using the UFO appearance for spying technologies due to causing an uproar between Reimu and Byakuren, more than keeping tabs on Gensokyo on principle (which is fair enough, especially if the occasional visitor to the moon is allowed)
>In particular, focus on letting her 'see' the proceedings with regards to the Cosmic Horror mess, whether through a representative or allowing 'spying' that isn't quite as inflammatory

>"She will have to be imprisoned, at the very least," says Yorihime. "And we are going to have to root out other seal breakers as well, as I am certain they exist. We cannot allow them to begin to meddle with the seals we've placed."
>You consider this plan, and it feels moderately reasonable to you. Reasonable enough that you're a little curious as to why Yorihime didn't try something like this herself, as opposed to what she seems to be doing. She's more strict than Toyohime, yes, but also significantly more reasonable in regards to the impure earth. You wonder if she's told you everything.

> "I'm not particularly aware of anyone in Gensokyo with anti-Lunarian prejudices, though I admittedly don't know the details of what happened after the vampire's rocket launched. If you're referring to people like...like that asshole Neil Armstrong, though, Gensokyo is, shall we say, a gated community. Those kinds of Terranians can't find their way in here. We've only had one other instance of outsiders appearing here, and from what I hear, it took the might of a goddess, if not the combined might of two, for that to happen, and they ended up being quite reasonable people, if a little religiously zealous."

>"It is not so much that we expect a great deal hatred toward Lunarians, though there are those elements that do oppose us here," says Yorihime. "It is that we do not expect them to allow us to mete out justice simply because we are outsiders. And yes, I'm quite aware of how this Terra and that one are separated. I might have let Toyohime have her way if that was the problem."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #982 on: March 18, 2010, 06:05:30 AM »
> "'She'? You have someone specific in mind? Can you describe them? I assumed you were here for the supernatural horrors."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #983 on: March 18, 2010, 06:12:09 AM »
>Seals? Possibly related to the sword Patch broke, and thus the gems? Uhoh.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #984 on: March 18, 2010, 06:22:51 AM »
> "'She'? You have someone specific in mind? Can you describe them? I assumed you were here for the supernatural horrors."

>"I know it's one of the magicians," says Yorihime. "And given what we've learned, I am reasonably certain it is Patchouli who was behind it."

>Seals? Possibly related to the sword Patch broke, and thus the gems? Uhoh.

>This could be bad.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #985 on: March 18, 2010, 04:28:44 PM »
> "Why do you think Patchouli is responsible?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #986 on: March 18, 2010, 04:40:37 PM »
> "Why do you think Patchouli is responsible?"

>"She is the most capable," says Yorihime, as she gives a curious look to the still frozen rabbits. Slowly, the begin to shuffle out from between the two of you. "As well, sources reveal she was quite active that day. I am somewhat sure she was asking about such things, as well. Obviously, I am not completely satisfied with what I've found just yet, else I would have acted. This does bring us rather to a point, Reisen. Where you do you stand on this issue?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #987 on: March 18, 2010, 04:51:04 PM »
> "I was only made vaguely aware of a 'cosmic' horror in regards to a broken sword, though yes, it was Patchouli that mentioned this. There is also some horror-y thing that has been following me around lately, which I would not mind seeing utterly annihilated. If I haven't done so already. I don't think Patchouli is directly connected to it, though, since she's been doing research in her library the entire time."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #988 on: March 18, 2010, 04:57:31 PM »
> "I was only made vaguely aware of a 'cosmic' horror in regards to a broken sword, though yes, it was Patchouli that mentioned this. There is also some horror-y thing that has been following me around lately, which I would not mind seeing utterly annihilated. If I haven't done so already. I don't think Patchouli is directly connected to it, though, since she's been doing research in her library the entire time."

>"I've heard stories about a sword," Yorihime says. "I had suspected a connection, but it is nice to have it confirmed. There's been no sign of any other such unsealing lately. Whatever you have encountered with likely is not such a being. But it dodges the question I asked you before. Will you assist me in bringing the criminal to justice, Reisen?"

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #989 on: March 18, 2010, 05:08:56 PM »
>"Why is she a criminal? From what I know, she fought the thing off and resealed it. If it isn't sealed or dead, she's working TO reseal it. Why not let her clean up her own mistake rather then impose our laws on their society? If a mistake is fixed, what wrong has been committed? Further, isn't intent important in deciding whether someone shoudl be imprisoned or not? Imprisonment is generally for rehabilitation, but if the intent was never malicious, what are you rehabilitating?"
>Contemplate if you can kick Yorihime's ass should all else fail.