Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91410 times)

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #450 on: May 01, 2009, 05:16:05 PM »
Missle bombardment scenes were deleted.

(wait, you WANT a raid at a later point in time? Sweet.)

Anyways, I should explain the Orcas. There are two variations, a combat version and a transport version.

specs

Orca Fighter:

1 250 caliber gun

2 rocket pods, 10 missle capacity each

2 Nitori-Brand jet engines

Seats 2, but only 1 is needed.

Orca Transport:

1 250 caliber gun

3 Nitori-Brand jet engines

Seats 3

6 soldier capacity

can carry up to 10,000 pounds of material in central docking bay (loot, vehicles)

(will edit later for details)

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #451 on: May 01, 2009, 06:35:59 PM »
From the story, the only explanation of Taihou's binding is that Taihou is currently trapped in roots in Amarillo's Attic.

That root summon thing is not the ability to control nature.
I should explain here if more plot holes started to occur.

By using 40% of Amarillo's control index, she can OVERPOWER one fairy, give the subject 200% of ability. Since Lily White's Ability is to report spring and speed up growth, (As in PMiSS stated) then if overpowered, she can make the trees grow and cover the roof.

Thus, the only place that Taihou would be in Amarillo's Attic, where he was bind to the roof...
*SWEATDROP*

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #452 on: May 01, 2009, 07:27:30 PM »
Quote from: nemoma
Thus, the only place that Taihou would be in Amarillo's Attic, where he was bind to the roof...
*SWEATDROP*
I sense an error in Taihou's situation. (I just got suddenly this image in my head, drew it in 3min)

I don't want him to be tied to the ceiling!  Do I have to alter the story post Nemoma?

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #453 on: May 01, 2009, 07:37:46 PM »
LOLed at the image. :D

Well, he can be tied at the walls, though.

but the room will be Amarillo's Attic

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #454 on: May 01, 2009, 07:50:16 PM »
Tie him seated against the wall then. Else it looks like sadistic torturing. . . Either way it is torturing! But better than hanging at the ceiling.

Edit: I'll go modify slightly my post to avoid plot holes.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 07:55:52 PM by Helepolis »

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #455 on: May 01, 2009, 08:12:39 PM »
Tie him seated against the wall then. Else it looks like sadistic torturing. . . Either way it is torturing! But better than hanging at the ceiling.

Edit: I'll go modify slightly my post to avoid plot holes.

Tie a guy in a 14-year-old girl and a fairy's room is hard to define if it's torturing or not......

Well, not to bump up the age rating = =|||

*SWEATWATERFALL*

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #456 on: May 01, 2009, 08:21:04 PM »
**mega blush**

Ahem, yes. Err... I modified my post nemoma, please justify if I did it correctly else I'll adjust once more.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #457 on: May 01, 2009, 09:03:51 PM »
**mega blush**

Ahem, yes. Err... I modified my post nemoma, please justify if I did it correctly else I'll adjust once more.

Well, that should be fine.

I'll do a follow up several hours later, I'm now adjusting the codes of another projectXD.

Gpop

« Reply #458 on: May 01, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »
That's the thing, I (personally) wouldn't react to a punch to the face XD Yeah, I'm that much of a pacifist. And since we play as ourselves (sort of), I base Mitaka's reactions to situations on my own. It would have been a different story if you had punched someone I (or Mitaka) cared for though.

Plus, though he can be painfully sarcastic (Okazaki Tomoya style), he wouldn't outright insult people and comment on someone else's 'pe...~'. That's distasteful XD

Anyhow, that's fine, you provided me with a great plot device ^^

Well...
?Your sister is a walrus!? Mitaka began. ?You have bad breath that smells of roadkill! You're a waste of flesh, a putrescent mass, a walking vomit.  You're a stench, a monument to stupidity, a big suck on a sour lemon! You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't spit on you! And what meaning do you expect your delusional self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake? I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid, so stupid it goes well beyond the comprehension of mortal minds, a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed in upon itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid that has become so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your though processes must be a troll upon this planet, inviting the wrath and ridicule of all it?s denizens. Prior to your existence, nothing in our universe was thought to be quite this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. You are some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me."

??.? A deadly silence fell as Mitaka finished. Everyone held their breath, waiting for the shoe to drop, for the milk to be spilt, for the monkey to grasp the banana, for the Jets to win the cup?.

Suddenly, steam exploded out of Hiroko?s head. A shape, reminiscent of an agonized screaming face, floated amidst the steam, ?Y-you haven?t seen the last of me?! If you think you?ve won, you?re?.?

??.and your father is a chipmunk, and your grandfather smells of elderberries.? Mitaka finished.

I thought that he was still in "insult mode", so he started to insult me as well, and I just wanted to be the guy who's sometimes short-tempered when they talk about our relationship (although having such a perverted mind it made me bring the stuff up).

And what? You don't react to a punch to the face? Man, if someone did that to me, I'd feel insulted for allowing someone to do so, and fight back. Well, I thought everyone was like that =/.

But whatever. I guess I'll post another short part soon =/.

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #459 on: May 01, 2009, 09:20:45 PM »
Ok, need to put one more thing.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #460 on: May 01, 2009, 10:14:53 PM »
Ok, posting!

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #461 on: May 01, 2009, 11:37:31 PM »
And done! Sorry for the wait. That took a while.

Yes, diving is a two-way street. Your partner can dive into your subconscious as well to resolve any issues you may have.

And day 3 has started. Everyone's now at the shrine, ready for a fresh new day.

The hunt for the keystone will take place in the old tunnel network underneath the shrine and inn. It's a huge labyrinth of tunnels with many secluded store rooms and such. It's a well-built tunnel network, with polished but old wooden walls, ceilings, and floors. Feel free to start the exploration without me. There are many entrances in and around the shrine and inn.

Think Hinata Sou if you've read Love Hina by any chance.

Anyhow, as I promised, there'll be a new encounter system later.

Rabbit

• Red Tenshi
  • 3x More Touhou
« Reply #462 on: May 01, 2009, 11:46:24 PM »
Hey guys, sorry for not posting lately but this week has been kinda hectic, what with exam prep and all.  I'm going to be away from computer for the whole of Saturday so feel free to do whatever you want with my character.  If there are any important development scenes like diving or whatnot scheduled then I'll write them in retroactively.
Too much of a good thing, and it is no longer good.

mad

« Reply #463 on: May 02, 2009, 02:42:40 AM »
I'll be taking this...
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #464 on: May 02, 2009, 06:00:49 AM »
I guess I have a little catching-up to do now that some of us are on Day 3. I'll save the dream dive for the next night, as Jan is too new to this whole magic-deal to have a definite way of seeing it... If a dive were to be attempted now, it's be a pretty disorganized mess.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #465 on: May 02, 2009, 06:23:49 AM »
DIVE for me starts Day 3 as well.

Will do some patching up in my next post and stuff.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #466 on: May 02, 2009, 06:49:30 AM »
...Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand done!

Gpop, and anyone else interested in the mansion: Patchu will be teaching magic to the human buddies (no worries; there should be room in that giant mansion somewhere), so feel free to come to the library to meet up. I think I've left enough hours to give you some flexibility about what has been done and sleep for your characters.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #467 on: May 02, 2009, 06:55:09 AM »
May the force be with you, my friends Patchy's Padawans.

OK, let's say there is a tunnel between Tourist Helpers and the Shrine.

Where Amarillo will be emerge will be up to you.

Feel free to have her directly show up in the hot spring.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #468 on: May 02, 2009, 07:16:23 AM »
FINAL PROJECTS OVER

30-PAGE CATCHUP WRITING IS GO

THIS WILL TAKE ME A WEEK OR TWO

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #469 on: May 02, 2009, 07:24:54 AM »
It's not too bad... Yet. I guess it depends on how deep into the plot you want your character. But since you have Yukari...

Also, where your character will be staying is a factor. As we split between the Shrine, Tourist Helpers, and the mansion for a while, you'll have a little less reading to do if you want to skip whatever doesn't affect you (I recommend at least a skim, though).

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #470 on: May 02, 2009, 07:41:15 AM »
Also, in a vain attempt to slow people down, might I suggest having a more general "relationship chart" in character profiles? Like, what people think of some of the others, even outside of their own harem? (Such as Jeremy pitying Mitaka and respecting Alex and will probably hate Jalal and 34 once I get around to explaining him finding out what they've been doing.)

EDIT: I'm writing too much fluff and making my job harder but whatever

If Xan pesters me at a workable time we might put the shopping trip together as a duo, but I have no idea if he's really checking these days.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:12:31 AM by E-mouse »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #471 on: May 02, 2009, 08:14:11 AM »
FINAL PROJECTS OVER

30-PAGE CATCHUP WRITING IS GO

THIS WILL TAKE ME A WEEK OR TWO

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO

Are you currently writing your catchup story post? So shall I wait with mine?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #472 on: May 02, 2009, 08:24:12 AM »
I was writing the first of what will probably end up being something approaching a half-dozen. I have now posted the first of them, if a little shorter than I expected, and will get to the next set of fluff and possibly the train ride next time. After that, action, then getting furious at the start of the party and retelling the middle and whatever-the-hell-happened for the rest of it.

I would love it if the whole RP would wait up for me, but don't bother.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #473 on: May 02, 2009, 08:26:32 AM »
Or type a huge wall of text post that covers everything within like . . . 10.000 words ? XD

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #474 on: May 02, 2009, 08:27:26 AM »
NEXT on Day 3:

MEIRAAAAAAAA MY CLOOOOOOTHES

(May or may not actually happen)

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #475 on: May 02, 2009, 08:32:53 AM »
(Such as Jeremy pitying Mitaka and respecting Alex and will probably hate Jalal and 34 once I get around to explaining him finding out what they've been doing.)
Can't promise twice.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #476 on: May 02, 2009, 08:40:06 AM »
I am going to post my story of Saniwa shrine hot springs action now. Won't be that of a wall post, just some comedy elements.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #477 on: May 02, 2009, 08:53:42 AM »
Or type a huge wall of text post that covers everything within like . . . 10.000 words ? XD
Which ends up never posted?

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #478 on: May 02, 2009, 09:19:58 AM »
*blinks*

Gpop's power makes mine look like an inflatable chew toy in comparison..... T_T

Oh well.

I've added the relationships section to my profile. I encourage others to do the same.

Amarillo may or may not pop up right under the male hot springs, ending up draining out the entire bath XD.

And Meira will steal clothes from the male changing-rooms, apparently.

And the boys may or may not end up wandering the tunnels (that Amarillo so subtlely revealed) with nothing more than towels preserving their modesty ^^

By the way, the keystone ISN'T in the female baths. It may be underneath it in the tunnels, maybe, but that's a different matter. The keystone will definitely be underneath the shrine somewhere, hidden in the tunnel network. Go for it.

I'll post a proper post later on tonight I suppose.

And for the love of ZUN, please avoid fragmenting the storyline AGAIN!

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #479 on: May 02, 2009, 09:35:05 AM »
Amarillo may or may not pop up right under the male hot springs, ending up draining out the entire bath XD.

Having a 14-year-old girl appearing in the male side of hot spring will bump up the age rating A LOT.

Don't do that, for the age rating's sake. XD

[What's the age rating of now? PG? XD]