Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 90682 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #960 on: May 15, 2009, 02:53:09 PM »
Wait... Ehrm...

When will the events be starting?

**Face palm #2**

Quote from: Hakutaku Erebus
^That's what I want to know as well, so I can at least know when to post.
That was going to be announced if people (not you, because you are Owlbear vs Taihou) would actually read. My post on page 31 aparantly holds no value.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
  • PM me for hot cyber action.
« Reply #961 on: May 15, 2009, 03:22:52 PM »
**Face palm #2**
That was going to be announced if people (not you, because you are Owlbear vs Taihou) would actually read. My post on page 31 aparantly holds no value.
Oh...

mad

« Reply #962 on: May 15, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »
I'm trying to bring this line into the dining room. Maybe an invite to watch, maybe get a massage in the competition after telling the story of how Arreku met Kisumi.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #963 on: May 15, 2009, 04:57:50 PM »
Okay... I give up... Take team Ahoge out of the competition. This is too complicated to figure out, so I'm gonna stick with Mad and Etch. Sorry for the trouble.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #964 on: May 15, 2009, 05:14:30 PM »
Take out? Explain me how can I take a team out, when it wasn't even there in the first place.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #965 on: May 15, 2009, 05:16:48 PM »
XD Alright then.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #966 on: May 15, 2009, 05:27:34 PM »
What kind of reaction is that? Do you always awnser people like that when they ask you something?

What is so complicated to figure out when I PMed you excactly the details. I feel like wasting my time on trying to help you, because you don't seem to care.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #967 on: May 15, 2009, 05:32:38 PM »
This is too complicated to figure out, so I'm gonna stick with Mad and Etch.

Bad idea. Mad and Etch are very close to getting BANNED from the RP. They've been incredibly disruptive.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Gpop

« Reply #968 on: May 15, 2009, 05:55:16 PM »
Well my friend B-Nashi is interested in this game. So he'll most likely join with Meiling.

mad

« Reply #969 on: May 15, 2009, 05:55:25 PM »
Bad idea. Mad and Etch are very close to getting BANNED from the RP. They've been incredibly disruptive.

I apologize. I'm really trying to tone things down.

Could I perhaps have a full and detailed list of my offenses?

I'll make sure not to repeat them.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #970 on: May 15, 2009, 06:56:08 PM »
Well my friend B-Nashi is interested in this game. So he'll most likely join with Meiling.
Aw, I was hoping that no one would pick Meiling.  It would have been fitting, I think.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #971 on: May 15, 2009, 08:10:02 PM »
Aw, I was hoping that no one would pick Meiling.  It would have been fitting, I think.
Sikieiki and Komachi's still avaliable, I only assume you'd want them by looking at your avatar.

If not, then count this as another useless post. Matter of fact why DID I point this out? Oh right, I was trying to be helpful...let's see how that turns out.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #972 on: May 15, 2009, 08:11:18 PM »

I see, when I first was making my character, I was thinking of having Letty and Meiling, because I was thinking of making my character more of a fist fighter, but after some thinking, I decided to go with just Letty and Genjii because my character is more of the ragtag type, plus Anthony needs a way to fly once he gets enough mana flowing.

Also, I just noticed that if my character ever comes into contact with mokou (powers on) we would have one knocked out Anthony, this may be used for some sort of plot device.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #973 on: May 15, 2009, 08:19:59 PM »
- - -
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:12:40 PM by Helepolis »

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #974 on: May 15, 2009, 08:31:04 PM »
Sikieiki and Komachi's still avaliable, I only assume you'd want them by looking at your avatar.

If not, then count this as another useless post. Matter of fact why DID I point this out? Oh right, I was trying to be helpful...let's see how that turns out.
Hah, I'm really gratified to be welcomed so warmly, but I don't feel like now would be a good time to join.  The Roleplay is pretty chaotic, and my obligations elsewhere are pretty chaotic too, so I should wait until both calm down a little.  On top of that, I'm keeping up with the recent posts, but I haven't read through all the old stuff left, and I can't even access the oldest stuff since I didn't have an account on the old forums.

That said, I would claim Sikieieki, along with maybe Komachi or Medicine, if not for the fact that it wouldn't be fair to lock them down when I'm not even properly in the RP yet.  If someone shows up and claims them before I get around to joining, it's what I deserve for being indecisive.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #975 on: May 15, 2009, 08:44:41 PM »

well for my second character (Pearl), Kojiro's Daughter, I wanted to give Komachi and Shikeiki to her....I posted the intent on her profile in the registration thread. I even gave that team a name *White Death*. But i won't be a hog here. She doesn't have them yet as Erebus pointed out and i was gonna get them eventually through some means (like rescuing them from Rai Forces or something since its Day 4 by now i dunno) But i won't hog anyone since i have my Character already made and whatnot. If you want Shiki and Komachi or something you can join up and take em as your partners. Otherwise I still intend to take them later on or something.

And Hele thanks for the delay I'm heading home today from school since finals are over but i can go first if you want me to. But it'll be later once i catch up on the sleep i lost from this most hellish week i ever had ~_~. Its up to you man.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Gpop

« Reply #976 on: May 15, 2009, 08:50:14 PM »
Well problem is that Gpop's on his way back now =/.

I hope that I don't interrupt anything.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #977 on: May 15, 2009, 09:10:07 PM »
Nothing has started yet Gpop. Infact you can even join if you manage to fuse aswell. Then if we get one more we can add another round to the competition)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #978 on: May 15, 2009, 09:11:19 PM »
I apologize. I'm really trying to tone things down.

Could I perhaps have a full and detailed list of my offenses?

I'll make sure not to repeat them.

Don't worry....yet. There is no official talk on banning anyone....yet. That's a drastic move and I prefer to help people fit into this RPG culture and improve their RPing skills. I usually reserve the banhammer for people who are utterly uncooperative. Yes, this is a rather unorthodox RPG style and I understand if you need time to get used to it.

Ok, if you won't mind my criticism.

Madness, you're not a bad writer, as far as I can see. You did quite nicely inside the ship with that giant monster you 'tamed'. That was entertaining. And as far as I can see, your character is very down to earth compared to many of the others. He's human, he's not overpowered (as far as I can see)....aside from his tendency to pull out guns out of nowhere. You interact often with your partner, Eirin, which is another good plus.

Etch, you're an ok writer. Though it'd be nice if you could write in prose rather than dialogue. I often find it difficult to understand your scenes. Also, are Frank and Caboose necessary? Also, Marx is overpowered. Austin and Ria are quite nicely done, normal humans (except for that crios ability which you haven't explained in much detail). I feel you're neglecting Momiji and Nitori a little. They don't get much character development or such. I think the main reason is because you're spreading yourself thin over so many characters that you aren't giving all of them enough attention.

Also, you seem very enthusiastic about action scenes. Try and adapt them to the environment and story, rather than adapt the environment and story to your action scene. What I mean is, rather than bring in pirates into the hot springs and turn the entire story 180 degrees, better if you bring Austin leaping into the hot springs and raise a friendly and funny ruckus. It sticks with the storyline and you get your action. In terms of what's going on now, rather than have Ria and Austin fight Marx all on their own in the ruins for no apparent reason, better if you have Austin fight in the maid battle. I mean, you can create action scenes FOR the story, if you get what I mean.

Really, the really major 'offense' was the pirates, the battlecruisers, and the rather random desert wasteland right next to our sleepy little Japanese town.

There's so much freedom in this game that we might get carried away, yes. It's just a matter of common sense. Not that you have to be ULTRA REALISTIC, I mean, heck, I had my vegetables in my cooking pot fight a small war amongst themselves and I had Sanasan and Renko build a make-shift mass-spectrometer out of a can, aluminium foil, and a dissected microwave. But the thing is, it was part of a cooking scene that was part of the overall storyline. Plus, it was fun and, I hope, entertaining to read.
a) the pirates detracted from our storyline, majorly. Even if they were very loosely connected to RAI Force, they were still too far detached from the storyline. Plus common sense, again, can there be a giant wasteland next to the city? Not really. Is it important enough to the story that we can abandon common sense? Not really.
Yes, I created an entire ruin complex underneath the shrine, BUT - It's central to the story.
b) Don't go off on your own if you can. In particular, don't go off on your own and end up creating rather pointless battle scenes...ON YOUR OWN. That scene with Marx, Ria, and Austin was rather pointless. The point of an MMORPG is to play with everyone. If everyone is having a maid battle then participate. If you want to go off on your own then take someone with you, preferably two other players.
c) Don't go overboard. Especially towards a fellow player. Pinning them down with pins through their limbs, naked, is going overboard. If you can think of something funny and interesting that would involve more players, then do that.
d) Don't overpower yourself. Madness, your Jalal McWallace is fine as far as I can see. Etch, Ria and Austin are ok, but do explain what Crios is. Marx is overpowered and her powers are completely unexplained.

I believe that's most of it.

There's a sudden surge of new players and the game has developed beyond that whimsical little toy I devised to pass the time 4 weeks ago. I think if we work together we can make this a good, serious, yet fun and entertaining RPG. The real fun is in playing with and getting to know other players, building characters than are really alive and human, with dynamic relationships with other characters, and essentially living out the game.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #979 on: May 15, 2009, 09:40:17 PM »
Well problem is that Gpop's on his way back now =/.

I hope that I don't interrupt anything.

Maybe you'll receive a punch in the face XD

Looking for something to join now so I can plan my next part of the story.

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #980 on: May 15, 2009, 10:14:17 PM »
Mad, Etch, we need to edit the times of our posts so they're in sync. I've really seen some development in our characters, and I dont want it to go to waste. You'll also want to delete posts that have nothing to do with the timeline. That, and I'm sick of writing and rewriting!

mad

« Reply #981 on: May 15, 2009, 10:49:19 PM »
...so how far back are we deleting?

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #982 on: May 15, 2009, 10:52:48 PM »
Let's delete the part where Ahoge gets strapped down and everything beyond that. Crios will be explain as thoroughly as possible in Ria's profile. As for Marx, I'll tone down her power. Originally, she was supposed to be an extremely loose cannon, but I suppose I can make an adjustment.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #983 on: May 15, 2009, 10:58:02 PM »
Delete the one where they actually shot the arrows, and edit your posts to match the timeframe I've set (use the posts as refference) . Only the time.

There we go Hele, ready and rarin to go for a maid fight.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 12:07:49 AM by Pedonymous »

mad

« Reply #984 on: May 16, 2009, 01:40:33 AM »
When exactly did Jalal pull a gun from nowhere anyways? The only parts with him and guns were after raiding an armory in the Sky Ray.

Maybe you're think of Ria? I think one of her powers was something along the lines of "access immaterium."

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #985 on: May 16, 2009, 01:48:54 AM »
When exactly did Jalal pull a gun from nowhere anyways? The only parts with him and guns were after raiding an armory in the Sky Ray.

Maybe you're think of Ria? I think one of her powers was something along the lines of "access immaterium."
What? Where's this from?

@ A GM: When will any more airships make their appearances?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #986 on: May 16, 2009, 01:49:55 AM »
@ A GM: When will any more airships make their appearances?

Never, hopefully... Or at least until near-endgame.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #987 on: May 16, 2009, 02:04:42 AM »
Never, hopefully... Or at least until near-endgame.
Ok, good...

Jeez, waiting for story posts is driving me crazy!! I can't even fap!

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #988 on: May 16, 2009, 02:07:30 AM »
Jeez, waiting for story posts is driving me crazy!! I can't even fap!
...Right, well your masturbation issues aside, I would post one but I'm busy with another Touhou related RP on a different site.

I dunno if I haven't exerted too much of my story telling steam I might squeeze one out tonight (How many times have I said something like that, more over how many times have I actually followed through on it?)

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #989 on: May 16, 2009, 02:09:36 AM »
I can't even fap!

Oh? Did your fap.exe get corrupted?

Download it from any site that supports the Utility Crotch with Macrohard's Doorway EX.

You should be able to fap again afterwards.

And, yes. Cruisers will only appear near endgame (probably, should the GMs be willing)

as for the story posts, patience, adolescent grasshopper.