Author Topic: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=  (Read 169784 times)

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
Re: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=
« Reply #600 on: January 30, 2010, 11:16:52 PM »
> "So, Uh, I'm thinking we should go tell Patchouli about this whole curse thing, huh?"
Wotters gonna' wot

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #601 on: January 30, 2010, 11:18:13 PM »
> "So, we can conclude you're not cursed, only a tad touchy on a certain subject. You didn't glow green or started using some new power, and Hina didn't sense anything, right Hina?"
> "I-I didn't mean anything I said though. It was just to find out if you were cursed. Sorry if I hurt your feelings."
> ("You're a great kisser by the way.")

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #602 on: January 30, 2010, 11:27:48 PM »
> "So, Uh, I'm thinking we should go tell Patchouli about this whole curse thing, huh?"

You make a suggestion to bail like all hell to check with patchouli. Hina seems to not mind the suggestion.

> "So, we can conclude you're not cursed, only a tad touchy on a certain subject. You didn't glow green or started using some new power, and Hina didn't sense anything, right Hina?"
> "I-I didn't mean anything I said though. It was just to find out if you were cursed. Sorry if I hurt your feelings."
> ("You're a great kisser by the way.")

You apologize and sum everything up towards Wriggle, Throwing in a side note while you're at it. Wriggle just nods a bit dumbly.

You wonder if shes still there.

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #603 on: January 30, 2010, 11:29:26 PM »
> Let's go to the SDM, and leave our awkwardness at the door :<
Wotters gonna' wot

Chaore

« Reply #604 on: January 30, 2010, 11:36:17 PM »
> Let's go to the SDM, and leave our awkwardness at the door :<

You think this is a wonderful idea and head to SDM with Hina. You head into the library, Patchouli appears to not be here at the moment, but you can still feel her presence.

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #605 on: January 30, 2010, 11:42:00 PM »
> "Uhm, Patchouli? I have some things to tell you about!"
Wotters gonna' wot

Chaore

« Reply #606 on: January 30, 2010, 11:56:14 PM »
> "Uhm, Patchouli? I have some things to tell you about!"

You call out for patchouli. Within moments, pages of books flutter down and form the sleepy witch of the library. "Yes, Chen?"

Hina blinks. "Nice trick."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #607 on: January 30, 2010, 11:59:46 PM »
> Tell Patchouli the story about Keine, the parasites and Hina. Also tell her that you already tested Wriggle for infection, but that just ended in a very awkward moment. Still a great kisser though.
> "So, do you know anything about these parasites? Or how they can be detected?"

Chaore

« Reply #608 on: January 31, 2010, 12:22:56 AM »
> Tell Patchouli the story about Keine, the parasites and Hina. Also tell her that you already tested Wriggle for infection, but that just ended in a very awkward moment. Still a great kisser though.
> "So, do you know anything about these parasites? Or how they can be detected?"

You tell Patchouli about what just happened. You also tell her about how wriggle is crossed out. She listens with a few nods here and there.

"Unfortunately, all I can do is parrot and confirm at the moment. Like Hina said, this does seem to be a being-mad curse. Its too complex not to be. I'd also say it isn't an exact rule the person in question develops a new 'power'. Keine's 'power' was an extension or improvement of her current one, so it could just be it increases the carrier's power. Anyone could have it.

If you could bring me a sample, I may be able to create a detector or even counter for it."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #609 on: January 31, 2010, 12:37:00 AM »
> "In that case, could you please lend us a bottle with a lid or something? The parasite got vomited out by Hina once she purged Keine. Perhaps to catch it we just need a Hina to spit the thing in the bottle and close the lid. We do need to find another infectee though."
> "Patchouli, which of these do you rather think is an infectee: Marisa or Suika? Marisa has gone on a crazy vendetta for something neither of us could have stopped, and she's gotten new powers, like martial arts, the ability to fly on her own without broom and some 'big bang' move. Suka is unlike herself lately, hardly drinking anymore and acting pretty down. She still fights pretty much the same though, and has become a trusty leader. The odd hsbits could be explained by mere depression."

Chaore

« Reply #610 on: January 31, 2010, 01:23:55 AM »
> "In that case, could you please lend us a bottle with a lid or something? The parasite got vomited out by Hina once she purged Keine. Perhaps to catch it we just need a Hina to spit the thing in the bottle and close the lid. We do need to find another infectee though."
> "Patchouli, which of these do you rather think is an infectee: Marisa or Suika? Marisa has gone on a crazy vendetta for something neither of us could have stopped, and she's gotten new powers, like martial arts, the ability to fly on her own without broom and some 'big bang' move. Suka is unlike herself lately, hardly drinking anymore and acting pretty down. She still fights pretty much the same though, and has become a trusty leader. The odd hsbits could be explained by mere depression."

Patchouli nods. "I'll have demon prepare a bottle for you... As for which, I'm not sure. Both seem possible infectees, but also naturally caused. Marisa would be my top bet, however. She seems to be far more determined then Suika is depressed."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #611 on: January 31, 2010, 03:54:12 AM »
>"Uh...um...maybe you should investigate her on your own, Hina?"

Chaore

« Reply #612 on: January 31, 2010, 04:14:39 AM »
>"Uh...um...maybe you should investigate her on your own, Hina?"

You question Hina if she could take this one on her own, Hina nods. "I could. I take it you two have something between you, so, I'll get on it right now. Where should we meet up?"

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #613 on: January 31, 2010, 04:29:54 AM »
> "I think at the base of the youkai mountain would be fine"
Wotters gonna' wot

Chaore

« Reply #614 on: January 31, 2010, 04:55:12 AM »
> "I think at the base of the youkai mountain would be fine"

Hina nods and heads off, while Demon comes in with a bottle. It appears to have a few runes around it.

"Mistress~ These should do for a curse, right?" "...Yes, This should work. Unless the curse is almost familiar-like, it shouldn't have the strength to go through the glass of this bottle."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #615 on: January 31, 2010, 05:18:47 AM »
>"Hey Hina, wait!"

Chaore

« Reply #616 on: January 31, 2010, 05:21:36 AM »
>"Hey Hina, wait!"

You stop Hina quickly, she blinks and heads back. "Oh, Not yet, then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #617 on: January 31, 2010, 05:38:04 AM »
You stop Hina quickly, she blinks and heads back. "Oh, Not yet, then?"

>Hand her the bottle.
>"If you find one, you should be able to catch it in this."

Chaore

« Reply #618 on: January 31, 2010, 03:03:55 PM »
>Hand her the bottle.
>"If you find one, you should be able to catch it in this."

You hand Hina the bottle so she can use it. She nods, and begins to head off again.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #619 on: January 31, 2010, 03:15:22 PM »
> Ask for a second bottle, in case Suika's cursed after all. After we meet up we can immediatly purge Suika without having to go back to SDM for a second one or having to open the one containing Marisa's curse.
> While Hina is busy, head for Kourindou. We have some spare time now after all, and maybe they've got an umbrella for Flandre.

Chaore

« Reply #620 on: January 31, 2010, 04:05:03 PM »
> Ask for a second bottle, in case Suika's cursed after all. After we meet up we can immediatly purge Suika without having to go back to SDM for a second one or having to open the one containing Marisa's curse.
> While Hina is busy, head for Kourindou. We have some spare time now after all, and maybe they've got an umbrella for Flandre.

You ask for a second bottle, which Demon prepares in short order.

You then head to Kourindou. Tokiko greets you.

Kourindou currently has in Stock:

>Fancy Dress
>Hairband of Amater
>Large Steak
>The Impossible Cookalizer
>Shamwow
>Labyrinth Pack
>How to Play Mafia by Tewi Inaba
>Deck of Tricks
>Chocolate Box
>Lost Soul
>Pacification Spray
>Flaw
>Missing Ring
>Green Star

You have 6 CREDITS.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #621 on: January 31, 2010, 04:28:14 PM »
> Examine stock.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #622 on: January 31, 2010, 04:30:01 PM »
> Ask Tokiko about when Rinnosuke will come over again.
> Ask for descriptions of the new items (especially the Lost Soul, Missing Ring, Pacification Spray, Flaw and Green Star)

Chaore

« Reply #623 on: January 31, 2010, 04:41:48 PM »
> Examine stock.

You examine the stock of Kourindou.

>Fancy Dress
Its a pretty nice dress, you think it's like the kind Meiling used to wear. Its too big for you.
>Hairband of Amater
A tragic hairband that is just a bunch of letters from belonging to a wolf goddess.
>Large Steak
Its a really large steak.
>The Impossible Cookalizer
Able to cook anything, even to a temperature god can not eat.
>Shamwow
Some towel, What up with this?
>Labyrinth Pack
Not an actual item, but a random pick of three items Rinnosuke salvaged from that one labyrinth.
>How to Play Mafia by Tewi Inaba
A guide on the game Mafia, it'll tell you how to get lynched every game with no doubt.
>Deck of Tricks
A deck of forty cards, each with their own trick. Once a card is used, it's trick is gone for a while.
>Chocolate Box
A box made of chocolate. You don't know why.
>Lost Soul
A soul locked inside of a container. It seems to be rather aimless, but who are you to judge?
>Pacification Spray
An odd spray in a black bottle with a very calming scent. Warning: Kourindou isn't responsible for whatever this liquid causes.
>Flaw
A zanbato blade that was promised to last a thousand blows, suffer only one flaw at the thousandth and one, then never be damaged again. It lost its hilt on its very first fight. This is just the blade that remains, it has bandages around its ricasso to allow it to be held.
>Missing Ring
A ring that vanishes with whatever is holding it from time to time, only to be found by it's owner in a most unlikely place.
>Green Star
You're not actually sure what this is! Tokiko claims it is a weapon that shoots things. It is however, pretty green and has a star on it. You're not sure you could use this.

> Ask Tokiko about when Rinnosuke will come over again.
> Ask for descriptions of the new items (especially the Lost Soul, Missing Ring, Pacification Spray, Flaw and Green Star)

Tokiko shrugs. "I'm not sure, I'd say he'd be back soon, but that would be jinxing it..."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #624 on: January 31, 2010, 05:16:18 PM »
> "Say, will you soon have any parasols or umbrellas for sale?"

Chaore

« Reply #625 on: January 31, 2010, 06:06:36 PM »
> "Say, will you soon have any parasols or umbrellas for sale?"

"Umbrellas? Well, I'm not sure. Today's finds certainly seem to be more out-world oriented, but you can never tell with Kourin."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #626 on: January 31, 2010, 06:14:10 PM »
> Take a look at our inventory, to see if there is anything we could sell.

Chaore

« Reply #627 on: January 31, 2010, 06:36:41 PM »
> Take a look at our inventory, to see if there is anything we could sell.

>Your inventory contains:
>Reisen's Old Clothing [Worn]
You're not sure how long Tewi had this hidden, but its not dirty or anything. It's Reisen's classic look.
>Familiar Pentagram [THE ROC]
A pentagram used to contain familiars, while it seems cruel, its actually the equivalent of a 5 star hotel in there.
>Familiar Onyx [YUMIGAMI]
An Onyx cut into a carrot shape, you're not sure how it is in there, but you're sure it must be perfectly comfortable.
>Frog Pin [Worn] [BROKEN]
A slightly Soggy Pin that Sanae treasured.
>SPACE Cape [Worn] [Unremovable]
Its a cape that appears to have space on the inside
>Broken Sword
Half a sword Meira used.
>Nyamune [Using]
Your trusty sword, it is a lot heavier than most other swords around here.
>Length Band
A band that goes to any length, so long as you can reach it.
>Red-Glass Mirror
A mirror completely turned red. It's not a good reflection for color, but good for just reflecting. Its handle is made of red-glass, hence the name.
>Silver Knives [Pair]
A pair of Silver Knives that Sakuya once used, besides the fact silver is a material well-known for its ability to conduct and counter magic, you think there isn't much magic in these anymore.
>Red Strip of Cloth [Important?]
A strip of Red cloth that Mackette's contract used to be in, you feel like you've seen it before...
>Knife Hilt [SEPERATION]
The knife hilt that used to house Seperation's blade, you can use it to call Seperation to your aid.
>Familiar Orb [MACKETTE]
A small crystalline orb, you're not sure if it is a proper container for a contract, but it seems to work well.
>Familiar Sculpture [CONTRACTED]
A jade carving of a scale, you're not sure exactly what you'll get out of this contract.
>Magically Prepared Bottle
A bottle prepared to prevent curses from escaping from the glass, comes with a cork.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #628 on: January 31, 2010, 06:59:02 PM »
> Hmmm.....the red cloth is still semi-important, but does the broken sword still have any function? Meh, better stick to it in case we temporarily lose Nyamune. It might be broken, it's still sharp. It just got a shorter range. Could be used as a dagger or something. Besides, we could reforge it somewhere to dual wield it and the Nyamune. Let's hang on to it.
> Since when did we get that sculpture? Is it for the anti-lizard? Let's try it out once we're outside.

Chaore

« Reply #629 on: January 31, 2010, 07:02:21 PM »
> Hmmm.....the red cloth is still semi-important, but does the broken sword still have any function? Meh, better stick to it in case we temporarily lose Nyamune. It might be broken, it's still sharp. It just got a shorter range. Could be used as a dagger or something. Besides, we could reforge it somewhere to dual wield it and the Nyamune. Let's hang on to it.
> Since when did we get that sculpture? Is it for the anti-lizard? Let's try it out once we're outside.

You got the orb and sculpture from Patchouli when the two contracts were finished. The sculpture does indeed, house the broken contract.