Author Topic: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=  (Read 169796 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=
« Reply #330 on: January 24, 2010, 08:47:17 PM »
> "So... How do get back together anyway?"
> Ask about space cape.

"I've never had this happen myself, so I wouldn't exactly know. I suppose you'll just have to try different forms of willing yourself together."

You ask Patchouli about the cape. "If what Sanae has said is true, then I'm afraid only that person connected to the thing in the cape will know what to do."

> "So split up one the cat half can act for espionage and the human half for fighting and communication? Not quite what I expected when I bought the knife but neat none the less."

"Indeed, as long as you master this, you should probably- Hold that thought."

Patchouli reaches into the air and grabs something. A moments later, a Book holding a fairy by the dress is pulled down. "I thought it was odd that the knife was one-use... You were trapped in the knife now, Weren't you?"

"Ack! Well of course! You don't think inanimate objects randomly get power, do you?!"

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #331 on: January 24, 2010, 08:50:53 PM »
> "Well, yeah, but I would think the power rather comes from a wizard or god, not a fairy...."
> Examine fairy.

Chaore

« Reply #332 on: January 24, 2010, 08:57:11 PM »
> "Well, yeah, but I would think the power rather comes from a wizard or god, not a fairy...."
> Examine fairy.

"Trapping a wizard or god is a deal harder than a Fairy. Most modern magic comes from trapped fairies, or other shards of powers. The old techniques used in weapons of lore have long been lost." "Well I wish someone would find them! We're sick of being trapped in things just so you can throw lightning without having power!"

You examine the fairy. Shes... notably an outcast, she seems to be wearing some kind of short coat, a shirt, and the same kind of odd pants Sanae had. Her shoes are also of a different design. You note this to Patchouli.

"That is odd, I don't believe I've ever seen a fairy wearing your type of clothing, and I've never seen shoes or pants like yours." "Well no duh! I'm not from around here, after all."

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #333 on: January 24, 2010, 09:03:45 PM »
> Politely introduce yourself and patchy to the fairy. Then ask her about where she came from originally.

Chaore

« Reply #334 on: January 24, 2010, 09:13:26 PM »
> Politely introduce yourself and patchy to the fairy. Then ask her about where she came from originally.

You introduce yourself and patchy to the fairy, then ask her where she came from.

"Well, where else do you think? I came from outside of this place!"

You look at the fairy like shes crazy, but Patchouli just sighs. "I was afraid of that. I thought it was odd she didn't call me on the last part." "Eh?" "I have the method to make a mimic of Excalibur a few rows down from here, the arts aren't lost at all. Its just proper to say that." "e....eh?!"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #335 on: January 24, 2010, 09:22:24 PM »
So those wierd pants and shoes were just jeans and sport shoes all this time? Well, that's finally cleared up.

> Ask for the fairies name.
> Ask if Patchouli actually has the power or resources to create legendary weapons. On secod thought, she might have already had some experience with this. How else could Remilia and Flandre have gotten their hands on the divine weapons Gungnir and Laevateinn?

Chaore

« Reply #336 on: January 24, 2010, 09:30:39 PM »
So those wierd pants and shoes were just jeans and sport shoes all this time? Well, that's finally cleared up.

> Ask for the fairies name.
> Ask if Patchouli actually has the power or resources to create legendary weapons. On secod thought, she might have already had some experience with this. How else could Remilia and Flandre have gotten their hands on the divine weapons Gungnir and Laevateinn?

You ask the fairy for her name. "Seperation. Why else would the knife have a spelling error in it's name?"

You also ask Patchouli about that. "Well, Definitely not the legendary ones. Some minor things? Sure. I have the methods for them, not anywhere near the capability."

You suppose they inherited them. Maybe their parents beat up gods?

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #337 on: January 24, 2010, 09:35:44 PM »
You ask the fairy for her name. "Seperation. Why else would the knife have a spelling error in it's name?"

You also ask Patchouli about that. "Well, Definitely not the legendary ones. Some minor things? Sure. I have the methods for them, not anywhere near the capability."

You suppose they inherited them. Maybe their parents beat up gods?

Hmmm...would Flandre and Remilia's parents be Arcueid and Alucard (Hellsing ver.) then? :V They're the most asskicking vampires I know.

> "Is the border broken enough for Outsiders to get in?"
> "How many mythical beings are there in the outside world left? I thought there was hardly anything left once that Hebrew God started acting like he owned the place. Just because you have three religions devoted to you and possess loads of faith doesn't mean you can get to pose like the creator....."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:41:31 PM by OkashiiNaito »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #338 on: January 24, 2010, 09:50:26 PM »
> "Ah.  Patchouli, do you think you can finish fixing the two contracts we have?  I nearly forgot about them."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

« Reply #339 on: January 24, 2010, 09:54:23 PM »
> "Is the border broken enough for Outsiders to get in?"
> "How many mythical beings are there in the outside world left? I thought there was hardly anything left once that Hebrew God started acting like he owned the place. Just because you have three religions devoted to you and loads of faith doesn't mean you can get to pose like the creator....."

You ask about the border, and almost go into some kind of sillyness about the Hebrew God. Psh, Like he'd ever amount to anything. You do wonder if he is still outside the border, though. Given how barren it has to be outs- oh wait...

"The border isn't broken enough for people to willingly get in, But definitely enough for magic and items to cross over. Its almost caused a mess- The outside world mostly hasn't noticed, I mean, I've hardly met anyone who could even feel magic over there... But, Well....

Most mythical beings are here now, yes. But the humans are still outside. Magic isn't lost entirely- Outside, there has scarcely been more than three magic capable humans per generation. Most good magic users are incredibly old, having extended their life with magic, or just plain talented. I'd estimate there were maybe, a hundred, magic users left in the outside world before I was tossed in that knife. This is excluding mythic creatures like myself. We're probably just scarcer.

I was trapped in that knife around...ten years ago? At that point, the average level of magic had raised significantly, and given the large area of the planet, I suspect that was a lot of missing magic from here."

"She is right, That is around when flight became incapable. Approximately, 20% of the large amount of magic Gensokyo contains had leaked out. It stopped around 40%, so the extremely skilled can still use flight magic."

"Yeah well. People noticed. One of them in particular decided to experiment. So he caught me, stuffed me in a knife, and decided to see what happened when I disappeared. I don't know if he had a way to follow me, but I think he wants to fully unleash the magic supply outside the border. He mentioned something about 'Breaking' magic as well. On top of that, most users outside have started to go nuts on the new found power, and it could even cause an exponential increase in the amount of magic users outside. It could get seriously nasty."

"...That is nice, I suppose we'll have to make sure no more magic leaks out. I believe you've been speaking about a plan to return the Hakurei Border to power? This is just incentive to do it. The outside world can worry about their own problems."

> "Ah.  Patchouli, do you think you can finish fixing the two contracts we have?  I nearly forgot about them."

You ask about helping to fix the broken contract. "Of course, I'm interested in what could actually manifest with a broken contract, myself."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #340 on: January 24, 2010, 09:58:45 PM »
> "How long do you think it'll take?"
> "Also, somethings been bugging me...  Why exactly didn't you pass on?"

Chaore

« Reply #341 on: January 24, 2010, 10:15:34 PM »
> "How long do you think it'll take?"
> "Also, somethings been bugging me...  Why exactly didn't you pass on?"

"It shouldn't take too long, In fact, I'll work on it now, and by the time you're out of questions, it should be done."

Patchouli gets to work as you pitch in about her demise.

"As I said, Remilia was at fault. It is mostly complicated, but... Her power was to manipulate 'Fate'. In the case of her power, 'Fate' would be the path that people eventually took. Her power was essentially the ability to almost force a person to walk down a certain path. This also applies to herself.

I don't know exactly why, but the path her power wanted her to go down was the path of a tyrant. To accomplish this, she needed help. So, she went out to look for people to force into helping her. Sakuya was first, she was to go down the path of a perfect general, loyal and cruel. Meiling was to be the enforcer of her law, and make sure none dared to disturb her. Me? She just needed the perfect source of information and knowledge. Originally, if we all hadn't moved here and swerved off our paths. I would be the perfect library in human form, who would only repeat information she needed.

Even though we swerved away from what her power wanted, Remilia couldn't just change what path she'd selected. We'd be urged down that path for as long as she was alive. So, when I died, My soul wasn't pulled away, it was pulled to the library by her power. Eventually, I became like a Tsukumogami of the library. It just became a matter of manifesting a form. I'm still rather dead, just tied to this library."

"Ooo! I could separate you from the libr-"

"That is not to say I don't like it. If you try it, You'll have a million paper cuts before you know it, little fairy."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #342 on: January 24, 2010, 10:47:09 PM »
OBJECTION! Sakuya couldn't have been first because Remilia has only known her for a few years. Patchy has had to be first since she and Remilia have known each other for one hundred years, mansion, library and all!

> "I can understand why you like this form. Way easier to find and order the books, and no more health problems...."

Chaore

« Reply #343 on: January 24, 2010, 11:02:08 PM »
> "I can understand why you like this form. Way easier to find and order the books, and no more health problems...."

"Yes, It is rather convenient. Mostly, I'd simply rather not pass on quite yet. While its from ill-intent, I do happen to consider this a gift."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #344 on: January 24, 2010, 11:14:59 PM »
>"Um, about the basement..."

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #345 on: January 24, 2010, 11:21:21 PM »
OBJECTION! Sakuya couldn't have been first because Remilia has only known her for a few years. Patchy has had to be first since she and Remilia have known each other for one hundred years, mansion, library and all!

I agree with this as well. Parser, details. Now.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #346 on: January 24, 2010, 11:21:30 PM »
> "Yeah... Is there something down there?  Whenever I wander too close to the door, an extremely strong aura makes me extremely nervous..."

Chaore

« Reply #347 on: January 24, 2010, 11:35:52 PM »
>"Um, about the basement..."

> "Yeah... Is there something down there?  Whenever I wander too close to the door, an extremely strong aura makes me extremely nervous..."

"...Ah, I suppose you might have noticed that. I do not suppose you'd know, but... Remilia had a sister. Her sister was also given a path when she was born by Remilia's power. That path was to be the perfect weapon for her sister. So her power was predetermined to be 'Destruction', and she was given... issues. She was supposed to be made easily controllable by the path, but... well, she rebelled a bit too hard. She typically went out of control. Her room was in the basement, and she typically just stayed there. She wasn't involved in the attack, so she is still there. Since Remilia is dead, shes gotten more control over herself. I'm afraid damage has been done to her, though. She may never be able to properly control her power.

She was probably asleep when you tried to go down there, so you felt an overwhelming power. We haven't managed to get the seals that stifled the feeling set back up yet, possibly because shes growing stronger now that Remilia is gone."

I agree with this as well. Parser, details. Now.

>Letter from the Author: I've never seen exact details as for how long any of the mansion occupants have been there, and I've found most of the logic in Sakuya being last is from her being a human. CDO Sakuya is of the few magic users that would've existed in the outside world by the setting, so she'd be easily capable of living for hundreds of years (Especially given she can control time), and given her overt loyalty compared to Patchy and Meiling, I imagine she has a much longer relationship with Remilia than them. At that, Finding a human with magic is typically easier than a pair of youkai. You could make a better argument that Meiling is from Gensokyo, which would mean that she should be last, by the setting rules. Even then, We're talking about the order her power took fates. It could have very well set Sakuya's path before she was even born. It makes you wonder if I should have thrown the cause of Remilia's power in as a boss. I digress- CDO Sakuya is definitely an older companion than a few years, While ZUN Sakuya may or may not, This is how I'm setting the story.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #348 on: January 25, 2010, 12:00:52 AM »
>"So when did Remilia stop being such a jerk?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #349 on: January 25, 2010, 12:02:34 AM »
> "So...  You said that she may have gotten more control over herself...  Would that mean that we may be able to approach her without being killed?  And more importantly, would we be able to get her to help us defeat Yukari?"

Chaore

« Reply #350 on: January 25, 2010, 12:11:09 AM »
>"So when did Remilia stop being such a jerk?"

"She started to get better when we moved here, but she was still well... Yeah. I think she might have influenced the fate of some people here, but not by much."

> "So...  You said that she may have gotten more control over herself...  Would that mean that we may be able to approach her without being killed?  And more importantly, would we be able to get her to help us defeat Yukari?"

"She probably wouldn't kill you, no. As for Yukari... Well. I don't imagine her fighting would end well for anyone."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #351 on: January 25, 2010, 12:17:06 AM »
> "Well we should still try to become her friend right? I mean, being secluded in a basement for most of your life must be hell on the mind."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #352 on: January 25, 2010, 12:27:02 AM »
>"It's not very fair for her to be thrown in there. She probably really needs a friend, I know I did when SHE took me way from everyone..."

Chaore

« Reply #353 on: January 25, 2010, 12:46:15 AM »
> "Well we should still try to become her friend right? I mean, being secluded in a basement for most of your life must be hell on the mind."

>"It's not very fair for her to be thrown in there. She probably really needs a friend, I know I did when SHE took me way from everyone..."

"I admit, that probably did more of the damage to her than anything Remilia did. I do admit she probably could use a friend or two. Shes mostly just asleep at the moment, when she wakes up, I'm sure she wouldn't mind you visiting."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #354 on: January 25, 2010, 12:51:50 AM »
>"Oh, okay. Um...you're not able to leave here, right? So you want me to keep your being around a secret?"

Chaore

« Reply #355 on: January 25, 2010, 01:18:18 AM »
>"Oh, okay. Um...you're not able to leave here, right? So you want me to keep your being around a secret?"

"What? No, Of course I can. Where do you think I was all day, Somewhere in the middle of the library?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #356 on: January 25, 2010, 01:30:32 AM »
>"I thought you were resting or something."
>If the reflex to droop ears affects Feline Chen, droop ears in shame.
>"So you know a whole lot about everything going on outside, right?"

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #357 on: January 25, 2010, 01:33:15 AM »
> Attempt fusion with kitty chen.

Chaore

« Reply #358 on: January 25, 2010, 01:48:18 AM »
>"I thought you were resting or something."
>If the reflex to droop ears affects Feline Chen, droop ears in shame.
>"So you know a whole lot about everything going on outside, right?"

Kitty Chen droops her ears, regardless. Probably feeling the same shame.

"Yes, I do happen to know a good deal. I have heard of most of your endeavors."

> Attempt fusion with kitty chen.

You attempt to merge back into a single being. It takes a few trys, but you manage it. You are now CHEN.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #359 on: January 25, 2010, 01:54:00 AM »
> Try to turn into a cat.
> Ask Patchouli to accompany you into the basement.
> Summon Roc and Yumigami.