Author Topic: Bug Report Thread  (Read 366263 times)

Re: Bug Report Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2012, 07:40:03 AM »
I couldn't access this forum for a moment too. It said there was a problem because the server was busy or something like that.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2012, 07:44:20 AM »
I couldn't access this forum for a moment too. It said there was a problem because the server was busy or something like that.

Yeah, the disk was full and TSO was not around to look into it.

In the future, maybe the webserver logs ought to be rotated and autowiped instead of accumulating into 13 gigs of wasted space.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2012, 04:24:35 PM »
That.
Was REALLY painful.
During the 18 hours.
Sorry I had my cousin's graduation to go to :  I'll make sure to revolve my entire social life around working this site from now on.

Everything is back up.  It looks like logrotation broke a while ago so that's what ate space up.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Tengukami

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2012, 05:04:55 PM »
Hell, I just went to IRC, Danbo, Metafilter, chatted with friends online, made some dinner, watched The Prestige, ate some candy. Had a pretty good time, I'd say.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2012, 05:30:08 PM »
I honestly didn't find out until Suzuran called me up and was like "uhh people are complaining the forums are down", and I was a good 150 miles away from my desktop.  Even then I tried to do what I could on my phone.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2012, 05:35:29 PM »
It was genuinely not a huge deal, and was resolved either way.  \o/

Clearly this calls for a robotic TSO clone, however.

BEEP BOOP SER-VER MAIN-TEN-ANCE

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »
It was genuinely not a huge deal, and was resolved either way.  \o/

Clearly this calls for a robotic TSO clone, however.

BEEP BOOP SER-VER MAIN-TEN-ANCE
Can I get my own clone so it can goto work for me?

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2012, 05:44:45 PM »
Can I get my own clone so it can goto work for me?

10 WORK
20 GOTO 10

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2012, 05:47:44 PM »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2012, 12:18:00 AM »
Are emotes broken or is it just me?

e: They're working again, go figure
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 10:17:20 PM by HakureiSM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2012, 04:30:10 AM »
There is this really weird bug going on right now with every page I look at. All the avatars seem to be shifting: every time I look at a page, every user has a new random avatar. Even I do, and I haven't even put one up! Is this intentional or is it a strange bug?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2012, 04:41:27 AM »
I'm assuming it's intentional (but really annoying).

I'm surprised at how many avatars I can name the username of the person who had it for though  :V

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2012, 05:00:54 AM »
It is an elaborate practical joke Helvetica has decided to play on all of us in celebration of his birthday. :V

ALL HAIL OUR WHIMSICAL OVERLORDS.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2012, 05:06:06 AM »
It is an elaborate practical joke Helvetica has decided to play on all of us in celebration of his birthday. :V

The shenanigans get me every time.   :justasplanned:

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2012, 02:53:46 PM »
There is this really weird bug going on right now with every page I look at. All the avatars seem to be shifting: every time I look at a page, every user has a new random avatar. Even I do, and I haven't even put one up! Is this intentional or is it a strange bug?
Oh helvetica

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2012, 08:08:39 PM »
What code was used to do this, i would love to know.
If i could get it to that in Developer Tools, that would make browsing these forums even more fun!

Edit: On the off chance anyone cares, he linked every single avatar to here
Still would like to know what the coding of that php is, though.

Edit: I post that, get a new avatar, and wonder... Who the heck used Meta Ridley as their avatar?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:14:19 PM by Cybeast710 »
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2012, 07:32:55 AM »
Server instability, or are you testing around things?
                                                                                   .

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2012, 09:46:55 AM »
Linode's having issues with the upstream provider at one of their data centers.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2012, 09:16:33 PM »
I see. And apparently they've fixed it already too. Thanks
                                                                                   .

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2012, 03:13:15 AM »
I am having problems with the image attachment features today. 
EXAMPLE THE FIRST

I upload an image that is on the small side (about 200 x 350) the thumbnail came out the same size but all blurry.  Clicking it makes it smaller and not blurry as it should look.

EXAMPLE THE SECOND

Both images were the same size (1000 x 667) just different orientations, but one came out much larger and blurrier looking for whatever moon reason I cannot fathom.

I don't think I hit any sort of size limit, and there's no way I did on the first picture. Maybe the forums just hate me I dunno  :ohdear:

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2012, 04:23:15 AM »
I had this issue before orz, I'll have to dig through my code and remember how I fixed it the first time.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2012, 09:54:07 AM »
Okay, it's not that much of a problem but it is somewhat irritating. Whenever I check my replies before I view all of them I have to refresh the page multiple times to see all the replies. Why is that?

Seventh Holy Scripture

• Err... d'ya need somethin' from me?
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2012, 12:58:27 PM »
Disk was full again, much like the error message said. I'm not sure why other than PostgreSQL appears to have become a gargantuan beast that consumes disk space as readily as if it were the souls of innocents (this may be expected behavior.)

Nothing looked disposable so I deleted hatonline.  :colonveeplusalpha:

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2012, 12:26:39 AM »
Getting giant load times like the motherfucking fist of the north star for a few days now.
High traffic? Full drives? Or is it on my end?
                                                                                   .

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »
Bug report: Checking updated threads via 'replies' button does not remove the 'new' in the Notifications page or in the Forum proper.
Severity: Minor
Bug Description: When you check a thread that you have replied in, the 'new' image should be removed from all other sources. However, by checking notifications/the actual forum, the 'new' images are still there even though you have seen the updated content of that thread.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2013, 11:06:32 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but fr some reason I can only access MoTK or the Danmakufu wiki via hotspot shield...

e: Fixed now. I disabled proxy servers but now the font is fucked up.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:47:52 PM by ☯The Embodiment of fondue☯ »

Tengukami

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2013, 09:56:18 PM »
So I was playing around with the goodies in the Modify Profile dropdown menu. I went to the Ignore Boards Options. All boards and subs were unchecked. I checked off RPG (sorry guys) and then clicked Change Profile. Bam: all the boards and subs are now checked. So I unchecked RPG, clicked Change Profile again, same result.

I realize this probably isn't high priority but I thought I'd bring it to your attention in case it's related to other issues you've been having.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2013, 02:24:30 AM »
Checkboxes have been bugged for forever.  Just make sure whenever you change settings it's set to what you wanted it to be when you hit save.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2013, 01:41:05 PM »
I think that there is a tiny, tiny clever commander bug when copying links directly into the post without use the "url" tags. It can't get the last parenthesis from a link ending with parenthesis, so it links a broken link and it lets the last parenthesis as a normal text:

http://dmf.shrinemaiden.org/wiki/Enemy_Script_Functions_(0.12m) << broken link because it is ignoring the last character
OK link using "URL" tag
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2013, 06:38:03 AM »
That's a bug within the parser and I think like every forum software ever has this or a similar kind of problem parsing links with parentheses in them. It's not exactly an easy thing to fix :(