Author Topic: Hitbox data for the shooters  (Read 6057 times)

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
Hitbox data for the shooters
« on: December 19, 2009, 12:35:22 AM »
They exist for the fighting games, but what about the shooters? With as much experience as I have, I know basically what the hitboxes for the bullets are, but I think we could all benefit somewhat from the hard data.

Though, I'm not sure where to go about finding any of this stuff. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the data can tell me more?

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Drake

Re: Hitbox data for the shooters
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 12:40:12 AM »
Hardcoded into the exe, I'm pretty sure.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Knuckx117

• I go :V at silly pictures
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 08:09:43 PM »
still, knowing the radius of the bullets would help for those complete geeks that like numbers. o.o

DarkslimeZ

• COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 02:18:37 AM »
Yes, but if you were to overlay a circle of said radius on the bullets, it would help greatly to avoid clipdeaths and such.

And besides, not all hitboxes are circular. >_> But I guess if they're hardcoded into the exe(as opposed to being listed in the same file as the actual sprites), it's no good, eh. Thanks anyway, guys~

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PM »
It has been a while since I looked at this stuff and I only looked into UFO in any detail.  I didn't really get far into the lasers before getting distracted by other things.

All bullets were square (even though they could be rectangles), but sprite hitboxes were sometimes rectangles.
reimu 2x2
marisa 3.5x3.5
sanae 3x3

Hitboxes of bullets are probably specified in the ecl scripts.

random related video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-vNjqlUaFo (hitboxes at double size so you can see them after youtube encodes it, a bit out of sync on the video and did not even bother with the sound)

DarkslimeZ

• COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 08:22:59 PM »
Neato. But how can a hitbox be 3.5 pixels by 3.5 pixels? That seems just a little strange.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 10:12:52 PM »
random related video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-vNjqlUaFo (hitboxes at double size so you can see them after youtube encodes it, a bit out of sync on the video and did not even bother with the sound)

How the hell did you do this!?  That... that video is -awesome-.

No seriously, I want to see more.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 10:48:18 PM »
So do I. For that matter, upload some stuff with proper hitbox sizes to somewhere other than youtube so we can see it.
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 12:05:52 AM »
All bullets were square (even though they could be rectangles), but sprite hitboxes were sometimes rectangles.

Sounds misleading. Hitboxes are distance from center (circular, not rectangular), so if something is < x pixels away from you in any direction, you will die. Or this is how I always understood it, and it would actually be much more inefficient to calculate them as rectangular regions... So is this just a mistake or are hitboxes in Touhou seriously that fucking stupid?

Neato. But how can a hitbox be 3.5 pixels by 3.5 pixels? That seems just a little strange.

Just because you can't really draw something in half a pixel doesn't mean the computer can't calculate it properly.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »

crashes on byakuren and st5 midboss nazrin's fake lasers, been too lazy/busy to look into fixing it for weeks
also th12 runs terrible on my laptop