Author Topic: Welcome to Abusemaiden  (Read 56184 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Welcome to Abusemaiden
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2009, 03:23:37 AM »
:V testing

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2009, 03:23:48 AM »
v2

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2009, 03:27:50 AM »
:l

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2009, 03:31:15 AM »
I don't get it.

Then again, I don't think I want to get it.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2009, 03:37:13 AM »
Oh TSO, you make me look like a lurker. <3
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2009, 03:41:31 AM »

Oh TSO, you make me look like a lurker. <3

A Lurker, You say?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2009, 04:06:07 AM »
I don't see how having a high post count could actually be a good thing.

Well, I suppose there are a few exceptions. The only reason I could think of is that this theoretical person actually says something meaningful with each post, or that they really have that much to contribute to the community.

But I don't see much of it, as a rule.

nintendonut888

« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2009, 04:23:53 AM »
The thing is, I post a lot because I always have stuff to say. To be perfectly honest, giving me idiot maiden powers would probably drastically cut down my posting because I could just respond in someone's post.

Like, if you didn't have idiot maiden powers, you'd probably still be in the top 10. :V

Edit to Edible in this post just 'cause: I realize that, but this board seems to kinda be a mix IMO. Plus I'm too lazy to look into this new-fangled "IRC" or whatever the kids are toying with on their post-2002 computers.

And I think I get it more than some other people on this forum to be honest...

EDIT EDIT: Oh come on, post-per-day is back? Now I REALLY feel bad...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 04:42:55 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2009, 04:26:44 AM »
The thing is, I post a lot because I always have stuff to say. To be perfectly honest, giving me idiot maiden powers would probably drastically cut down my posting because I could just respond in someone's post.

Like, if you didn't have idiot maiden powers, you'd probably still be in the top 10. :V

You have yet to grasp the concept that this is a message board, not a chatroom.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2009, 04:57:54 AM »
I don't see how having a high post count could actually be a good thing.

Well, I suppose there are a few exceptions. The only reason I could think of is that this theoretical person actually says something meaningful with each post, or that they really have that much to contribute to the community.

But I don't see much of it, as a rule.
And this here folks, is why post count is not shown by posts, because people tend to equate post count with social status.  Plus we had an idiot who spammed just to maintain the number 1 spot.

nintendonut888

« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2009, 05:02:09 AM »
Out of curiosity, who was that idiot? It was probably before my time.

And I'm reminded of this one forum I used to lurk (yeah, you read that right), where the more you posted, the "higher" your status went and the increasingly more embarrassing names you had as your title.

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2009, 05:08:40 AM »
Could you, liek. Give an example of the stupid titles? :V Or has it been ages since then and you can't remember them?
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

nintendonut888

« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2009, 05:42:06 AM »
Well, they weren't so much creative as progressively worse. At first you are a "beginner donkey diddler", and move up through the ranks the more you post to "extreme donkey diddler." >_> This was a speed running forum BTW.

EDIT to help beat the system: I'mma actually go to bed early (read: Before midnight) and hope I'm not in a state of half asleepness all day tomorrow too.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 06:39:33 AM by nintendonut888 »

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2009, 05:54:09 AM »
Ah. Well, those are shitty titles. Then again, I suppose I prolly' wouldn't do much better as nonsensicalness prolly' wouldn't be much better than awfulness.
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2009, 07:48:09 AM »
zzz returning home tomorrow (Wednesday morning for those in the US of A)

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2009, 08:18:21 AM »
zzz returning home tomorrow (Wednesday morning for those in the US of A)

Sleep well Miss Trance, the Jet-lag is going to be horrible.

And this here folks, is why post count is not shown by posts, because people tend to equate post count with social status.  Plus we had an idiot who spammed just to maintain the number 1 spot.
That is a enormous post count in your stats. Though if we equate post count to lack of IQ that would be bad. It would probably be more accurate to approximate online time to lack of other impotant stuff to do. And when I compare times, I realize my time is almost equal to the administrator's! Maybe I should cut back.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2009, 08:20:20 AM »
Sleep well Miss Trance, the Jet-lag is going to be horrible.

Jet-lag? What jet-lag? xDDD

Hong Kong and the Philippines have the same timezone.

« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2009, 08:32:41 AM »
Oh. *Facepalm*

Mr_Bob incorrectly assumed you were headed for America.
But Jet-lag would have been horrible if that were the case.

Anyway, at least you'll be back home, though I'm sure you enjoyed Hong Kong too.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2009, 08:34:01 AM »
Oh. *Facepalm*

Mr_Bob incorrectly assumed you were headed for America.
But Jet-lag would have been horrible if that were the case.

Anyway, at least you'll be back home, though I'm sure you enjoyed Hong Kong too.

Definitely did. Given as Hong Kong is where I was born T___T I'm gonna miss here so muuuch.

« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2009, 08:39:47 AM »
Definitely did. Given as Hong Kong is where I was born T___T I'm gonna miss here so muuuch.

Nice. I'm sure everyone will want to hear about it, there's already a topic about it.

Greyn

• Microwaving, please wait.
  • Berninghousn
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2009, 12:38:47 PM »
A Lurker, You say?

No no no

He actually meant a Lictor.

nintendonut888

« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2009, 01:59:31 PM »
When I went to Japan, I discovered the meaning of "jet lag." >_< I got to fall asleep in a classroom on another continent (English class oddly enough), and when I came back my bedtime became 3:00 A.M for the remainder of Summer.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2009, 02:06:47 PM »
When I went to Japan, I discovered the meaning of "jet lag." >_< I got to fall asleep in a classroom on another continent (English class oddly enough), and when I came back my bedtime became 3:00 A.M for the remainder of Summer.

Good thing for me not to really know what jet-lag is, Japan is only one hour ahead of me.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2009, 02:11:15 PM »
No no no
He actually meant a Lictor.
Lictor >>>> pansy Lurker anyday.  Lurker is just an uglier and weaker Ravener anyways.

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2009, 03:01:42 PM »
Good thing for me not to really know what jet-lag is, Japan is only one hour ahead of me.

well , I will probably became one with jet-lag since it will take 17 hours to get there this summer ....

nintendonut888

« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2009, 11:57:40 PM »
So as it turns out, even my relic of a computer has decided that after all these years, Microsoft Word 97 is too old for it, and crashes whenever I try to use it. So now I'm upgrading...

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2009, 12:41:11 AM »
So as it turns out, even my relic of a computer has decided that after all these years, Microsoft Word 97 is too old for it, and crashes whenever I try to use it. So now I'm upgrading...
...You use Word 97? What the hell. Just get Open Office.

Gpop

« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2009, 12:44:10 AM »
Hey I can see one of my friends lurking here (preskooldude).

nintendonut888

« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2009, 12:46:04 AM »
...You use Word 97? What the hell. Just get Open Office.

Same reason I like IE 6. I like the minimalistic look, plus I've found that the more advanced Word gets, the more convoluted and confusing it gets.

This is true. Word 2007 is nothing short of absolutely horrible. It's painful to use and scary.

If at all possible, Word 2008 is even worse. I never want to see that thing again as long as I live. And honestly, Notepad is all the word processing I need.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 03:21:13 AM by Rurogi Shiki »

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2009, 01:06:41 AM »
on the good side, Sakuya and Alice is not a spelling error in 2007ver.. i think but Reimu is...

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2