Author Topic: 東方 guitar tabs: Let's rock!  (Read 270683 times)

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
Re: Touhou guitar tabs: Let's rock! [Latest update: Remilia + Patchy] SDM!
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2009, 12:03:48 AM »
nope,

i listened to the original and it actually sounds like what you said. it doesn't sound out of place though, just not what ZUN wrote. imo it'd sound much better when played as a repeat or a harmonised part.

well done!

EDIT: i might reupload that file some time in the future though, i may misinterpret or disagree with his fingering instructions on some parts. (like how i altered the fingering in bars 10-17 in lunatic princess to make it 30% easier, otherwise i still won't be able to play it well)

oh and the original author is satommy from Kyoto.

and i bet you guys will squeal in fangirlism at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjCjBE0oNXU
i haven't attempted to play it yet, as it's near impossible to thumb-fret on a classical guitar (pfft thin acoustic guitar necks) and i don't have a capo T_T
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 12:41:37 AM by flurk »

"Eh, who needs brains in danmaku? Power, that's all you need!" -Kirisame Marisa

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2009, 06:01:18 AM »
The finger on that video you showed ( on previous page ) looks really weird and unlogical. Also, you didn't use a Capo like he did in his video. So you reconverted all notes from 2nd capo fret to no-capo mode? (how long did that took you! :o)

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2009, 10:43:16 AM »
uh no. the tab is relative to the capo. notice in that little cutlet in my last post is exactly the same as the one in your post.
i didn't change anything, he wrote it like that.

and it's capo on the 3rd fret.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2009, 02:25:42 PM »
Argh I meant 3rd fret =.= ( I seriously need to go to bed and sleep more )

So do I have to play a capo while practising with your Gp5 arrangement or did I made a mistake somewhere? ( I am lately so lost with everything )

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2009, 04:50:28 PM »
well i'd say it's impossible to play properly without the capo. mad stretches and all.

i just came home with my new capo :D and i must whine about this: having no cutaway is quite the pain. for example the Barred Em chord at bar 55. with the capo it's 3 10 12 12 11 10

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2009, 09:05:44 AM »
I am now terribly confused =S in your gp5 arrangement, do I have to place a capo? Because you didn't include it in your gp5 file. A capo placement.

And I have seen that Iamp song weeks ago, was one of the reason to suddenly try fingerstyle.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 09:12:42 AM by Helepolis »

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2009, 09:41:13 AM »
yes, play it with a capo.

i re-uploaded it with "capo on 3rd fret", a few fingering changes and more guidance on left hand fingering. the URL is exactly the same as the old upload so there's no need to change the first post again.

i'm probably gonna make more changes as i work on it more. bar 33 is @.@-ing
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 03:12:03 PM by flurk »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2009, 03:00:28 PM »
It works indeed.

I tried to play it a little and it is quite diffcult just positioning your fingers properly. Btw, also the capo being on the 3rd fret is bit weird. As I always thought ( and heard by listening to the original theme ) that placing it on the 2nd fret will allow you to play on the same pitch and tone height as the original theme.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2009, 02:04:37 PM »
i re-uploaded it again, using the same url again.

i fixed a stupid mistake with fingering at the end, and added a little more guidance.

i can play it properly now except for the solo at the end >_>

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2009, 04:43:12 PM »
bump.
IOSYS - Special Ability for Two People to Sneak Out Into the Moonlit Night basically consists of the following two chord progressions:

intro chorus and stuff:
Ebmaj7  x98666
Fm7       x8686x
Gbm7    68666x
Fm7       x8686x

Verses:
Ebmaj7  x98666

and somewhere in the song it gets transposed up half a step.
:D and now to be able to sing it while playing. lyrics can be found at touhou wiki

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2009, 09:43:19 PM »
Sorry if this counts as a necro, but I love music so this thread caught my interest.

I'm still very much a novice at guitar, so I don't know how much, if at all, I could help, but to actually contribute something that I found in like 30 seconds of Google Search:
U.N. Owen Was Her?

Honestly the way it's written it's Greek to me, but luckily there's also a Piano Score (pdf) to help translate.

I can read sheet music pretty well, even if I can't play it, so I could eventually save up and buy Guitar Pro and work on this slowly myself if you want. Or, if there's anything else I can do to help (i.e. search for more), I'll be willing to help any way I can.

Or, you know, I could just shut up, whatever works.

EDIT: Also any possible way of getting a sound-file (any quality) of that Komachi score? The fact it's written in 4/4 when the original is 3/4 feels weird, and I just wish to make sure it's just all in my head.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 09:45:47 PM by Mimeslayer »

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2009, 10:57:16 AM »
I already said in my first post that not all posted tabular might have proper tempo / notation. It is obviously written in 4/4 because I didn't bother in tabbing it correctly. It is hard to do for a non-musician and find a suitable tempo for it all.

Also I need to redo all tabular done by me because most of them aren't 100% correct or complete. Generally I have no motivation ( yet ).

And what do you mean with 'sound-file' ? If you mean the original song from ZUN, we cannot tell you that. It falls under piracy policy. Or isn't that what you want.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2009, 11:22:13 AM »
well, just listen to the song 65535 times, then you will have no probelm following hele's tabs

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2009, 01:38:49 AM »
Sorry for the confusion, I guess I read as poorly as I play. =(

By "sound file" what I was meant to ask was a recording (like of the intro) just to hear how the tab was supposed to sound. I could get the original song on Youtube easily enough, but it didn't fit at the time. That's no longer needed as I realize what was wrong. I was taught to take sheet music very literally, so I had a hard time realizing that you simply wrote the notes and not the...rhythm? (can't think of the term, basically Whole Notes/ Half Notes/ Quarter Notes/ ect...someone out there knows what I mean)

That being said, once I listened to the song several more times and played the tab the best I could, it definitely fits into place. I apologize. Actually, I'm envious too, since I can't play from ear at all, so getting the notation down is pretty amazing on your part.

Carry on.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 01:53:33 AM by Mimeslayer »

1CC List (all shmups)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2009, 12:19:33 PM »
I think you got confused with the music notation. The thing with guitar tabular is that normally you don't see the music notes at all. Because guitar tabular is written to show which notes are played on what string. This is a huge handicap when you don't have music notations because you don't know what kind of note it is, ie: Whole note, half note etc etc. It just happens that Guitar pro can show both.

My uploaded stuff is based on this. It just shows what you need to play, not on how to play. The trick ( and in my opinion more fun ) is to load up the mp3 / original music file and try to figure out yourself how to play. That is actually the most fun part of learning the guitar in my opinion, by ear ( which is also very important actually somehow )

If you take other uploads where generally 'finger style' is shown, those are written in correct notation and tabs as well. All my tabs are not. My priority currently is school therefor I don't spend time on this lately. Hopefull once I graduate I can try to get some work done.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »
or in short, your tabs ignore the time values of notes.
also, you forgot to include kaguya's theme at the first post. and the author of the sheets for both lunatic princess and septette is satommy from kyoto.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 11:08:09 AM by flurk »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2009, 12:12:05 PM »
Tabular is nothing else then numbers being displayed on lines which represent the strings: Low e, a, d, g, b and high e. It never had a tempo noting or any values of notes. But because some people have more knowledge and time, they add the correct notation in Guitar pro alike programs.

About Kaguya's theme, I'll see into it in a moment and update the missing info.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2009, 01:00:31 PM »
added missing info + modified entire list view. I removed the GP5/txt or w/e indication as people can simply see it when they download it. It makes the list look chaotic.

lead style indicates main melody being played generally and finger style, well - do I have to explain? Also any part that is incorrect or incomplete is tagged 'incomplete'.

--------------

on topic:
I have some doubts about Patchouli's theme, flurk. I don't know about your fingers, but even on my guitar I cannot reach the strings. How does one finger 8 - 5 - 4 - x -x 4 anyway? (bar 37 beyond)

N.A.T.H.A.N.

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2009, 10:31:10 PM »
Hellow peeps, I'm new here, have been following and leeching this thread for quite a while, so I thought, time to contribute.

I'm working on a tab of Suwako's theme ( Native Faith ) right now, it's 1/3th done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7dLp2Eb7cg&fmt=18 <--- Link to the theme.
( I finished it 'till 1:12, rest will come tomorrow or in the weekend. )

A friend 'o mine, huge touhou freak, said it was 100% accurate up untill now. ( I made a midi for him to listen to. )
Links provided here:
Midi file     - http://www.sendspace.com/file/oxdkuk
Tab so far - http://www.sendspace.com/file/sbu110

Some credits would be greatly appreciated, if I ain't asking too much for a newbie to this forum. :X

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2009, 04:46:53 PM »
on topic:
I have some doubts about Patchouli's theme, flurk. I don't know about your fingers, but even on my guitar I cannot reach the strings. How does one finger 8 - 5 - 4 - x -x 4 anyway? (bar 37 beyond)

barre 4th fret, 2nd finger on 5th fret, pinky on the 8th.

@nathan: i herd you like right hand tapping :D
your tab's accurate, yeah. i'm just a little disappointed because i thought it was for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rohVo3-QowU

N.A.T.H.A.N.

« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2009, 07:46:44 PM »
barre 4th fret, 2nd finger on 5th fret, pinky on the 8th.

@nathan: i herd you like right hand tapping :D
your tab's accurate, yeah. i'm just a little disappointed because i thought it was for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rohVo3-QowU

Hmm, with the info provided in my tab you could make up a tab for that. I just need to finish mine, had to time for it yet.. I'll maybe do it tomorrow.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2009, 07:59:09 PM »
yeah of course, i actually did attempt to tab that song, but given up after the first 18 bars and decided to do other things.

maybe i'll continue tabbing that song after my exams.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2009, 11:05:19 PM »
=.= explains, barring =.=

Makes it suddenly more logical, and pinky needs training to stretch that far while holding grip on the barred fret.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2009, 09:26:51 PM »
crazy stretch is crazy. i can't do that fast part properly. but i have the good old classical-guitar-has-bigger-scale excuse

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »
The Highly Reponsive to Prayer- Eternal Shrine Maiden

Took way way way too long, and yes I cheated with a piano score at parts. I'm still very new to listening by ear. >_<

Anyways, it's really a simple lead-style arrange, no chords or anything like that. Glad to finally have it finished.

Any critique and criticism is welcome and accepted.

1CC List (all shmups)

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2010, 06:22:17 AM »
Well, nobody has told me to stop (well, nobody has said anything  :-\) so onwards we go!

The Gensokyo the Gods Loved- Neutral2 Arrange (Simplified)

Based on this arrange, it's simple because I'm still new on Guitar and my ability to hear still needs work. I actually started this a long time before my Eternal Shrine Maiden tab, it just took this long to finish. *sigh*

I actually transposed the 2nd (main) melody up an octave for 2 reasons.

1) It sounds better imo
2) The jump done in the video is horrid. :V

I hope you enjoy. Feel free to PM, as any comments or criticism would be appreciated.

1CC List (all shmups)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2010, 08:20:52 AM »
Oh how I ignored this thread for a while now. That is what you get for setting Danmakufu a higher priority than guitar playing. I should start updating again this thread.

I'll take your posts to first post Marislayer, thanks for your contribution. (I'll play them myself ( or try to ) when I feel like it soon )

Edit: Also where should I put your HRtP version. I haven't played PC-98 games vastly to catagorise them? Should I make a new header?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 08:26:16 AM by Helepolis »

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
(Sleepy)

My pleasure, Helepolis. Actually I intentionally avoided bugging you again because I knew you had a lot on your plate (school, DMF, lack of motivation, etc), so it was a pleasant surprise.

Don't feel like you have to check on this thread too often. I mostly do this because I need to practice my guitar more, and this gives me an excuse to do so without it feeling like "practice." That and it feels like the only way I can give back to MotK.    :D

As for PC-98 themes, for now I say put them in the Misc header. There's other songs I'd love to do, but lack of experience + chipset sound makes it extremely hard to get them down. Don't expect too many too often.

I'm probably forgetting something, but I'll just send a PM in the morning if that's case. Sleep now.

1CC List (all shmups)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Well you could have send me a PM to bring it up to my attention. Just because I have a busy lifestyle doesn't mean I ignore my PMs :V

And lack of motivation isn't probably the right word for me, it is matter of inspiration. Sometimes I get strongly inspired to play music and other times to build danmakufu ( Yes, danmakufu takes inspiration to make good spellcards and such ). I need to redo all my own tabs because they either changed or became "better". Though the timing of the notes is something that puts me down due to lack of knowledge but we'll see.

I'll put it under Misc then.

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
* Marislayer pulls his foot out of his mouth

Orz.

Anyways, it's not like I even had anything to PM until last week, but I'll remember that for future reference.  o7

And I screwed up on reading the OP, didn't realize what I thought was "Misc" was actually for non-original themes. Oops. But go ahead and leave it as is, it works better than my idea. :V

More to say, but I got to finish this homework. Thanks for the replies.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 10:31:45 PM by Marislayer »

1CC List (all shmups)