Author Topic: Spellcard Help Topic  (Read 158908 times)

Re: Spellcard Help Topic
« Reply #990 on: November 28, 2009, 01:45:35 AM »
Those cards don't have any particular trick to them, do they? Aren't they just straight up reading and dodging skills? Dodging off centre from Meiling might help but unless you have good spread/homing, you won't be doing much to capture it. Just practice dodging underneath and learn when to duck away if the centre gets too cluttered.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #991 on: November 28, 2009, 01:54:22 AM »
Those cards don't have any particular trick to them, do they? Aren't they just straight up reading and dodging skills? Dodging off centre from Meiling might help but unless you have good spread/homing, you won't be doing much to capture it. Just practice dodging underneath and learn when to duck away if the centre gets too cluttered.
Thanks.  I'll try that then.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Bananamatic

« Reply #992 on: November 29, 2009, 12:18:18 PM »
All of Alice's noncards on Lunatic. Makes me realize how bloody easy are the Prismrivers.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #993 on: November 29, 2009, 01:45:50 PM »
Anyone got advice for Sylphae Horn and Agni Shine High on normal? DX

« Reply #994 on: November 30, 2009, 03:57:32 AM »
Orin's Ghost Wheel card on Normal.

I know it's mostly aimed, but is there any part where it doesn't get aimed at you since going by the it's aimed tends to get a ghost wheel in front of me eventually forcing a bomb. Not sure if it's because I'm moving too quickly causing it to be aimed elsewhere or if she doesn't aim at you some of the time, and if so what's the pattern.

Utsuho's final card is just horrible for me as well.

« Reply #995 on: November 30, 2009, 04:04:05 AM »
CAPTAIN Muramasa Minamatsu's Survival Card on Normal, using any character. I know the bullets are aimed past you and the bullets increase in number every time but is there any strategy to it?

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #996 on: November 30, 2009, 05:19:45 AM »
CAPTAIN Muramasa Minamatsu's Survival Card on Normal, using any character. I know the bullets are aimed past you and the bullets increase in number every time but is there any strategy to it?

I can't really explain what to do because I'm not even fully aware of what I'm doing during this card.  I can give you a Replay though, maybe it will help.  Or, maybe not...

« Reply #997 on: November 30, 2009, 05:39:50 AM »
Here's a similar method of doing the Survival if you want more reference: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6211
As for what you're doing, you're just circling around the screen fitting in between the gaps of each circle

Patch Spells
Why EosD, why do you have no Practice replay save. also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFLBHBSy8Dw. Wow that quality is very rough but it works, I guess.

Ghost Wheels is definitely an aimed card where you just alternate left and right between wheels but I personally can't tell yet when the next wave has been shot. If you can figure that out, then knowing where the wheels will land will be easy and the rest is just micro dodge
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6223
Here's a replay anyways. I screw up at the end by trying to kill Orin instead of being safe and dodging the wheel but you get the idea.

Okuu's Final card is knowing when to stay still when to move. You have a good general idea on how to deal with the card already (from your replay) so its just practice.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 06:14:25 AM by Laughing Bird »

« Reply #998 on: November 30, 2009, 11:23:02 AM »
All of Alice's noncards on Lunatic. Makes me realize how bloody easy are the Prismrivers.

1st in-stage: Just dodge it. You don't really have to move much at all. Its really easy.
2nd in-stage: No-tips here but similar to the 1st, you don't have to move much. Just watch the arrowheads.

1st. Shotgun Alice as much as you can and move downwards. Then you must do your best to read the bullets and dodge them accordingly. Its by far her hardest non-spell.

2nd. Ends very fast. I've always wondered why that was there.

3rd. Simple dodging.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #999 on: November 30, 2009, 12:41:19 PM »
1st in-stage: Just dodge it. You don't really have to move much at all. Its really easy.
2nd in-stage: No-tips here but similar to the 1st, you don't have to move much. Just watch the arrowheads.

1st. Shotgun Alice as much as you can and move downwards. Then you must do your best to read the bullets and dodge them accordingly. Its by far her hardest non-spell.

2nd. Ends very fast. I've always wondered why that was there.

3rd. Simple dodging.

I think her hardest one is the 2nd in-stage. Then her Opener. 1st in-stage and 3rd boss non spell are pretty easy most of the time, but sometimes they get me.
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Bananamatic

« Reply #1000 on: November 30, 2009, 04:57:08 PM »
Cirno's midboss card. How do you beat it instead of timing it out :V

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1001 on: November 30, 2009, 05:09:56 PM »

I absolutely hate that one as well!

It's so damn claustrophobic, you have to wait until she's on top of you to deal any damage.. I never timed it out, but I have had to bomb it many times =(
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Bananamatic

« Reply #1002 on: November 30, 2009, 05:11:52 PM »
I absolutely hate that one as well!

It's so damn claustrophobic, you have to wait until she's on top of you to deal any damage.. I never timed it out, but I have had to bomb it many times =(
I'm seriously considering using ReimuA as anything takes way too damn long with B - anything that isn't Youmu or Yuyuko that is.

I have no problems dodging it, but she always has a good half of life left after it times out.

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #1003 on: November 30, 2009, 06:11:05 PM »

Err....what?  Here's the Replay.  I spent a good 7-8 seconds not even under Cirno and still captured it with time to spare.  She might move the same way every time, I don't actually know  (Just tested this, she doesn't.).  Just follow her around.  I was watching the Enemy marker.

Ok a couple more tests and I have this:  She does the typical boss movement thing where she will move in whatever direction you are.  Except...she doesn't stay there, she just moves back to the middle.  So just sit in the center and follow her if you really feel like it.  You can capture it with over 10 seconds to spare at 0 power.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 06:22:43 PM by Lybydose »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #1004 on: November 30, 2009, 10:53:32 PM »
Patch Spells
Why EosD, why do you have no Practice replay save. also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFLBHBSy8Dw. Wow that quality is very rough but it works, I guess.
Thanks.

« Reply #1005 on: December 01, 2009, 08:20:49 AM »

Stay under her and don't get hit. Its very easy to do.

If you have a little power that is.

Marukyu_Nineball

« Reply #1006 on: December 01, 2009, 08:26:17 AM »
I need help on "Royal Flare", "Philosopher's Stone", "Starbow Break" and "Maze Of Love"

« Reply #1007 on: December 01, 2009, 09:53:31 AM »
I need help on "Royal Flare", "Philosopher's Stone", "Starbow Break" and "Maze Of Love"

Royal Flare is a fixed pattern which means that you just need to memorize a path. A good way to do that is to watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-02U9X1Wyw

Philosopher's Stone can be quite difficult but a lot of people suggest shotgunning Patchy to begin with and then slowly streaming down.

Starbow Break.

There isn't much to recommend here other than dodge the best you can. You can check out this video and see if you can make something out of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNvRqF-zxs0

Maze of Love can be handled in two ways. Either stay at the bottom in the middle of the screen and micrododge. It will end quickly that way. Or you can circle around Flandre. Somebody else explain this please.

Matsuri

« Reply #1008 on: December 02, 2009, 01:39:00 AM »
Well what do ya know, already something for me to do :V

1000 post limit reached, making new thread now.