Author Topic: Cirno Wars Episode ⑨- Return of the Idiots (social thread too)  (Read 34683 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Shoot the Tengu (also social thread I guess)
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2009, 07:54:01 AM »
PRODY, KISS DONUT

Pics or it didn't happen

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2009, 08:37:23 AM »
You can't make me.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2009, 08:44:41 AM »

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2009, 08:47:27 AM »
That's his doing. I don't comprehend that action, anyway.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2009, 09:12:44 AM »
Shame on you who said StB is a sidegame.

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 09:15:43 AM »
Shame on you who said StB is a sidegame.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 09:19:16 AM »
Crows are the most intelligent of the bird species.

I think the Brown Kea has that position right now.

But that's not to detract from crows, who are hella smart.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2009, 09:41:19 AM »
After playing the regular Touhou shooters, Aya's movement in StB is frustrating beyond belief. It's amazing how that game manages to make reasonably simple patterns about twice as hard as they should be.

Aya herself is okay though (I have a fondness for crow's legs).

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 10:00:57 AM »
A crow is not in position to look down on a majestic ave such as myself like that!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2009, 11:17:09 AM »

DAMN IT, FLANDRE !   

* Helepolis dies of starbow break.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2009, 12:06:14 PM »
make that into an emote

:flandrewhatdidyoujustsay:
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2009, 12:32:39 PM »
Congrats Ruro, and finally you've changed your name again. I've been curious about why you didn't do that before, because as far as I seen it, you've changed names weekly before the Parsee one got stuck.

Anyway, Aya is okay, but StB is my kryptonite, I. EFFING. HATE. THAT. SHIT!!! It's the Devil Incarnate, it's a soulless, utterly evil being bent on destroying me. Even if I see its folder in my "Touhou Project" folder, my hands start to boil.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2009, 01:18:01 PM »
StB was great, but HOLY FREAKING BYAKUREN ON A STICK, SUIKA. I have literally captured every other scene in the game, but Suika's EX cards just beat the crap out of me. I still can't figure out the secret behind EX-7, and I've managed to get to the last shot of 8 roughly twice.

I have been stuck like this for roughly six months. T_T

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2009, 01:26:50 PM »
Aya is indeed awesome. Apart from the oft-overlooked fact that a great deal of what we know about Gensokyo and its residents has come directly from her journalistic efforts, she has an independent, happy-go-lucky nature to her that I really like. Sure, she's pals with kappas and gives faith to Kanako, but for the most part it seems like she's on her own, not necessarily aligned to anyone, enjoying everyone's company in general. She's the spirit of Gensokyo, in many ways - feral, carefree, magical - an intriguing fusion of old Japanese myths and legends with modern phenomena, technology and attitudes. And her outfit's pretty cool, too. I just adore her.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2009, 01:28:20 PM »
By the way Sapz, how did that challenge ever go? :V
Err... which one? I've been doing too many recently. :V

Unrelated, have you ever tried shotgunning Hachi? It works ridiculously well, you can hit the main body and all six legs at the same time and usually kill him before the third phase starts up. It consistently kills him no deaths from your savestate. :V I still suck at Hibachi though, haven't done better than a 3cc for the battle as a whole yet.

StB was great, but HOLY FREAKING BYAKUREN ON A STICK, SUIKA. I have literally captured every other scene in the game, but Suika's EX cards just beat the crap out of me. I still can't figure out the secret behind EX-7, and I've managed to get to the last shot of 8 roughly twice.

I have been stuck like this for roughly six months. T_T

EX-7 is, I think, sort of counter-intuitive because if you want to survive you have to head towards the places with the highest density of bullets. You take a picture of that and then get a load of camera charge for free, which usually nets you just enough to take the next picture before you get clusterfucked. Also, aside from the beginning section you don't want to be moving the whole way around the screen, just stick to a smaller area depending on how fast you're getting the camera charged.

EX-8... not much advice I can give for that since it's basically just 'dodge bullets'. :V Just remember that the bigger bullets have really small hitboxes, I guess.
Let's fight.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2009, 01:29:46 PM »
Wriggle and Rumia murder me in StB.  So... Yeah~

Also Aya is indeed awesome~<3
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2009, 01:35:45 PM »
This is also the social thread, right?~

So, has anyone else noticed that Myon is permabanned ;_;

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

Tengukami

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2009, 01:39:56 PM »
I just entered Level 3 a couple weeks ago. It's the only Touhou game I play fullscreen, because uh ... I kinda have to.

This is also the social thread, right?~

So, has anyone else noticed that Myon is permabanned ;_;

Probably for that crap she spewed in the What Did You Do Today? thread, with your encouragement, but I could be wrong. Could be a whole other reason. Ah well. Can't say I'll miss her.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:41:54 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Pako

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2009, 01:41:05 PM »

Probably for that crap she spewed in the What Did You Do Today? thread, with your encouragement. Can't say I'll miss her.

Aww, we just had some fun~
Anyways she just told me she isn't too happy about this.

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

Tengukami

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2009, 01:46:27 PM »
She was given a chance, and went ahead and said things in that thread that clearly crossed the line, long after TSO and others spelled out in giant letters that that kinda talk is pretty unacceptable. If she's not happy, she should read a little bit better in the next forum she goes to. Just my $0.02. Assuming that's the reason for her departure, that is. I didn't even notice she was gone until you brought it up.

Pako

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2009, 01:49:23 PM »
She was given a chance, and went ahead and said things in that thread that clearly crossed the line, long after TSO and others spelled out in giant letters that that kinda talk is pretty unacceptable. If she's not happy, she should read a little bit better in the next forum she goes to. Just my $0.02. Assuming that's the reason for her departure, that is. I didn't even notice she was gone until you brought it up.

I guess no one really noticed, I wouldn't had noticed either if it wasn't for that PM she sent me.
It happend and we should deal with it I guess.

Tengukami

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2009, 01:54:24 PM »
Anyways, back to praising Aya and Ruro's StB prowess.

Aya also cares about the environment. Alert street photographers submit proof!

Bananamatic

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2009, 01:55:47 PM »
After playing the regular Touhou shooters, Aya's movement in StB is frustrating beyond belief. It's amazing how that game manages to make reasonably simple patterns about twice as hard as they should be.
QFT bro.
I gave up at st4 because her movement is terrific and it makes the game unplayable.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?

Tengukami

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2009, 01:59:25 PM »
QFT bro.
I gave up at st4 because her movement is terrific and it makes the game unplayable.

Focus and microtap. Although the speed of unfocused movement can come in handy if you want to be all slick and fake out the boss.

EDIT: Ruro, that replay is pretty amazing, but what I watched from your download link has you dying after three photos. Did you upload the wrong one? I'd love to see a replay of you clearing that stage.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 02:08:16 PM by Tengukami »

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2009, 02:04:18 PM »
That crow is neat.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2009, 02:22:33 PM »
I think Aya as the media. But if everything we know about Gensokyo is because of the media, that means that things in Gensokyo is far much better and happier? Like how media only shows disasters, murders and that kinda crap.

Or because, Gensokyo is fueled by disbelief, the disbelief of a "happy media" has embodied within Aya, and what Aya writes in her newspaper are actually a lot more worse in reality.

Tengukami

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2009, 02:26:44 PM »
Canonically, Aya does have a tendency to "improve the truth" in her stories, to make them more entertaining. So maybe things are actually a lot more chill in Gensokyo, and its residents are more personable.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2009, 02:46:36 PM »
I like to think of Aya as Gensokyo's troll, speeding off through the countryside laughing at some poor sap's misfortune as she outlines the story she's going to write about them in her head. <3
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

_Aswin_

• Indian Otaku
  • ~ Laser is not difficult.
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2009, 02:47:03 PM »
Aya is indeed awesome. Apart from the oft-overlooked fact that a great deal of what we know about Gensokyo and its residents has come directly from her journalistic efforts, she has an independent, happy-go-lucky nature to her that I really like. Sure, she's pals with kappas and gives faith to Kanako, but for the most part it seems like she's on her own, not necessarily aligned to anyone, enjoying everyone's company in general. She's the spirit of Gensokyo, in many ways - feral, carefree, magical - an intriguing fusion of old Japanese myths and legends with modern phenomena, technology and attitudes. And her outfit's pretty cool, too. I just adore her.

Your post just completely shifted my opinion of Aya for the better. I have a feeling you're pretty good in English classes.