Author Topic: MoF patch?  (Read 7282 times)

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
MoF patch?
« on: November 10, 2009, 11:52:02 PM »
I heard there was a patch for Marisa Buff's lasers to make them a fair shot type. I haven't found anything after a while of searching, though. Anyone have it, if it even exists?

Drake

Re: MoF patch?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 12:16:02 AM »
The vsync patch has an option to unglitch MarisaB.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 12:59:24 AM »
1.  Install vsync patch
2.  Edit vpatch.ini so that "BugFixTh10Power3 = 0" says "= 1" instead.
3.  ??
4.  Don't profit?

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 01:28:10 AM »
Downloaded the patch, am now curious; is there any particular reason why there isn't a UFO patch included?

Drake

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 01:39:53 AM »
It was released before UFO, and UFO doesn't really have anything wrong with it anyways.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 01:51:17 AM »
Aww, the patcher doesn't work on my computer. The readme mentions XP64bit, maybe that's why.
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 08:45:52 AM »
I have no input lag, so if all I want to do is fix Marisa, how would I edit vpatch.ini? Would I just set BugFixTh10Power3 to 1 and leave everything else as is, or would I have to disable other settings?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 08:48:51 AM »
I think the input lag was completely fixed by SA, so there's no need for a vsynch patch (I'm also pretty sure no input lag exists for the PC-98 games ironically). Even for IN and MoF you can't notice the input lag until you run the game without the vsynch patch after using it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 08:55:12 AM »
I have no input lag, so if all I want to do is fix Marisa, how would I edit vpatch.ini? Would I just set BugFixTh10Power3 to 1 and leave everything else as is, or would I have to disable other settings?
Yep, just set BugFixTh10Power3=1 and that should fix it. Note that it will desync replays that "use" the bug when the fix is active.

I think the input lag was completely fixed by SA, so there's no need for a vsynch patch (I'm also pretty sure no input lag exists for the PC-98 games ironically). Even for IN and MoF you can't notice the input lag until you run the game without the vsynch patch after using it.
I'll never understand why there was input lag in the first place. I was perfectly fine. Anyway, it may be of use to Vsync them (or using the executable to disable Vsync) anyway seeing as you can speed up the replays a la MoF/+ which makes life a lot easier.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 09:17:19 PM »
I see, thanks for the replies!

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 09:59:55 PM »
Downloaded the patch, am now curious; is there any particular reason why there isn't a UFO patch included?
it was released seperately and I forget where, check the site
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 02:04:22 AM »
it was released seperately and I forget where, check the site
Which site?