Author Topic: need hitbox patch for th8/IN youmu, ghost half obscures hitbox  (Read 3060 times)

need hitbox patch for th8/IN youmu, ghost half obscures hitbox
« on: November 08, 2009, 05:05:02 PM »
In the process of beating spellcard practice with all characters, I noticed that Youmu's ghost half tends to swirl around her hitbox when focused, completely obscuring it and all nearby bullets! It also turns red when focused, which makes it even harder to focus on the yellowish hitbox. Hourai Elixir L is doable with all other characters, but with Youmu it gets ridiculous...

Is it possible to patch the game exe/data to make it render Myon under Youmu's hitbox, not above it?

Drake

Re: need hitbox patch for th8/IN youmu, ghost half obscures hitbox
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 07:30:28 PM »
Just as possible as it is to make Reimu shoot duckies out of her ass, have Red the Nightless Castle behave like Master Spark and have the Malice team use both shot types without constantly tapping the button.

Its possible, but nobody here knows how to get into the character data, nor code it properly if we could. Sorry.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Re: need hitbox patch for th8/IN youmu, ghost half obscures hitbox
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 03:11:21 AM »
jisakujien, a member of this forum, wrote a tool to remove the special effect that appears on the ghost half while focused. I'm posting it here in case anyone else needs it ^^

Put in IN directory and it tones down myon's flashyness while focused with youmu solo. No warranties (ry, backup your score.dat/.cfg just in case).

It is actually a reall nasty hack that looks for 2 triangles in a row with a specific set of texture coordinates. Myon is just 1 sprite from the player texture and then the trails are a bunch of copies of a texture on one of the random effect textures a bunch of times at different sizes; it is drawn over a bunch of times with additive blending which just makes it a white blurry mess pretty much...

I can't think of any other instances of glowy bullets in IN, but i'm pretty sure the ones in say SA are done the same

Well, that's the details. Both dll and source code are attached to this post.