Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 16 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 90585 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 16 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2018, 11:52:47 PM »
> "Indeed. I cannot think of anything more to say to you all as a group. There is, however, one last thing I should tell Lady Houraisan in private."

>"Very well," says Kaguya.
>"We were hoping to have a chat with Patchouli before we left, anyways," says Reisen. "We could go do that."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2018, 12:07:11 AM »
> "Certainly. She is where she always is, though she is currently inspecting her reagents, so I do not know how talkative she will be."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2018, 12:49:31 AM »
> "Certainly. She is where she always is, though she is currently inspecting her reagents, so I do not know how talkative she will be."

>Eirin nods. "That will be fine."
>"We'll just be on our way," Keine says, as she stands. Mokou lazily following her up.
>With that, everyone but Kaguya files their way out.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2018, 01:28:16 AM »
> Wait a few moments, watching the exit to the room impassively, then turn to Kaguya.
> "There is...one other thing that may require resolution. I did not want to discuss this in front of other people, because that is your decision to make, not mine."
> "I noticed your two companions today spent a nontrivial amount of time holding hands. Based on how your future self spoke and behaved, whatever they have with each other, it seems likely to have been a contributing factor to your loneliness."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2018, 01:50:16 AM »
> Wait a few moments, watching the exit to the room impassively, then turn to Kaguya.
> "There is...one other thing that may require resolution. I did not want to discuss this in front of other people, because that is your decision to make, not mine."
> "I noticed your two companions today spent a nontrivial amount of time holding hands. Based on how your future self spoke and behaved, whatever they have with each other, it seems likely to have been a contributing factor to your loneliness."

>"I can't imagine why," she says. "Especially if Reisen were gone by that time."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2018, 01:53:08 AM »
> "I did not pursue any details, since it was not my place. But it did seem to have some sort of influence."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2018, 02:04:53 AM »
> "I did not pursue any details, since it was not my place. But it did seem to have some sort of influence."

>"I shall keep it in mind," says Kaguya.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2018, 02:07:05 AM »
> "Very well. My apologies for dumping all of this on all of you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2018, 02:21:52 AM »
> "Very well. My apologies for dumping all of this on all of you."

>"I understand," says Kaguya, as she rises to her feet. "I am still not certain what I can say about all this."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2018, 02:33:25 AM »
> Stand up as well.
> "I do not think there is anything to say, at present."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2018, 02:45:05 AM »
> Stand up as well.
> "I do not think there is anything to say, at present."

>You lead her from the room.
>"I am sorry you had to go through this trouble," Kaguya says. "I suppose it was my fault, in a sense? But at the same time, I haven't done anything. so it is something of a mystery."
>You see Mokou is lingering near the stairs, leaning against the railing and giving you a pointed look.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2018, 02:50:28 AM »
> "Don't worry, I understand."
> Look over to Mokou.
> "May I help you with something, Miss Fujiwara?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2018, 03:09:29 AM »
> "Don't worry, I understand."
> Look over to Mokou.
> "May I help you with something, Miss Fujiwara?"

>"It's a one on one thing," says Mokou, glancing toward Kaguya.
>"I'll go join the others in the library, then," says Kaguya. Have a pleasant day."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2018, 03:15:47 AM »
> "You as well."
> Wait to see what Mokou does from here.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2018, 03:25:37 AM »
> "You as well."
> Wait to see what Mokou does from here.

>Kaguya makes her way downstairs, while you and Mokou share some uncomfortable silence.
>"so," Mokou says, her voice low to keep it from carrying, "Not exactly happy you decided to just throw my plans out in in front of everyone like that."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2018, 03:31:49 AM »
> Look just the slighted bit surprised, for a moment.
> Take on an equally low volume.
> "I did not realize you had such things planned."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2018, 03:48:01 AM »
> Look just the slighted bit surprised, for a moment.
> Take on an equally low volume.
> "I did not realize you had such things planned."

>"What do ya mean?" she says. "I'm older than dirt, I have plans for everything. What'd you think I'd be doing?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2018, 03:53:35 AM »
> "Truth be told, I had not thought about it all that much."
> Glance back at where Kaguya disappeared off to, then look back at Mokou.
> "It is interesting you would plan such a thing, though. One of the first things the future Lady Houraisan asked of me is whether or not I knew where you were."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2018, 04:08:19 AM »
> "Truth be told, I had not thought about it all that much."
> Glance back at where Kaguya disappeared off to, then look back at Mokou.
> "It is interesting you would plan such a thing, though. One of the first things the future Lady Houraisan asked of me is whether or not I knew where you were."

>"Huh," says Mokou. "And yeah, you pretty much figured it out. Sooner or later, Keine's gonna move on. And when she does, she'll be seeing the Yama, right? So if there's a trial, then she gets an advocate. And then, we see where she ends up. And that's where I'm gonna go. Not like they can stop me."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2018, 10:01:01 AM »
> Nod.
> "I understand. I apologize for blowing this secret of yours."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2018, 05:45:44 PM »
> Nod.
> "I understand. I apologize for blowing this secret of yours."

>"Yeah, well, as long as it doesn't spread any further."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2018, 06:11:32 PM »
> "Of course."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2018, 07:36:21 PM »
> "Of course."

>There is some pregnant silence between the two of you.
>"...You really think she flipped her lid because I left?" Mokou says at length.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2018, 07:40:00 PM »
> "...Probably not only because of you. But the way she asked about you, and how irritated she got when I told her I did not know, certainly suggested she would have kept going on if you were around."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2018, 08:09:31 PM »
> "...Probably not only because of you. But the way she asked about you, and how irritated she got when I told her I did not know, certainly suggested she would have kept going on if you were around."

>"That damned idiot," she grumbles. "Right, thanks. All's forgiven."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2018, 08:11:16 PM »
> Curtsy.
> "Thank you very much, Miss Fujiwara."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2018, 09:18:41 PM »
> Curtsy.
> "Thank you very much, Miss Fujiwara."

>She nods, then proceeds down the stairs. "Just keep things quiet, alright?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2018, 09:26:02 PM »
> "Absolutely. Have a pleasant day."
> Watch to see if she disappears (instead of sticking around). If she does, wait a few seconds, then give a quiet exhale of relief.
> Get back to work, and our proper sense of normalcy.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2018, 10:11:38 PM »
> "Absolutely. Have a pleasant day."
> Watch to see if she disappears (instead of sticking around). If she does, wait a few seconds, then give a quiet exhale of relief.
> Get back to work, and our proper sense of normalcy.

>You spend the rest of the day sliding back into work. Being a bit run down, you decide to put off some less important things for tomorrow. Overseeing dinner, you make sure that there are some fresh cookies for the Young Mistress. Amaya, bless her, has managed to keep the cleaning schedule more or less intact; she doesn?t have your talent for leading the maids, nor the Mistress?, but she can guilt them into doing their best through her unabashed sincerity. Dinner is pleasant; Amaya insists on handling the service, allowing you to relax and dine with the rest of the mansion. Frankly, you're starving, and put more of a dent in dinner than usual. Remilia frets over you a little, but you reassure her.
>The next few days are normal, but worrying. You?re always ready for that feeling if your heart stopping; you decide to carry some extra knives and your spellcards just in case. But nothing happens, and you start to worry about it less and less. Eventually, that fear becomes a memory, and it seems things have truly returned to normalcy. You decide to make some extra shopping trips here and again, and quietly keep an eye on the village. Rinnosuke seems to be on a prolonged upswing, which is always good to see. Things around the Myouren Temple seem peaceful; perhaps your letter helped smooth things over a bit until the next incident inevitably happens? The jeweler's apprentice seems to be doing well, she certainly isn't complaining, at least, and that is about as much as you think anyone can pry out of her. As well, the few times you see Alice, she always has a cheerful wave for you. So too does the mermaid in the lake, who sometimes pops up while you walk along the lakeshore to gossip.
>More importantly, you start finding excuses to bring Meiling with you. Perhaps you need an extra pair of hands for this, or you need a second opinion on that. And while you're in town, it would certainly be a waste not to get something to eat and talk awhile. After all, you both work hard and deserves a break, as you will tell anyone who asks. Meiling is certainly happy to come, favoring you with a warm smile that makes your heart flutter, sharing little words on the way there and back when no one is around. She is still adamant about secrecy, but she seems to be more and more willing to push the bounds of it. Either way, it is a joy to be with her, now if you could just smuggle her along the next time you get some time to go fishing?
>A few weeks after the end of this incident, you get a small note from Keine. She says that everything should be properly affixed in the flow of history, and complain a little about how it was an absolute nightmare to reconcile everything. But as far as you can tell, things have gone as you remember.
>Then, a letter from Youmu comes, as summer begins to dawn, and she follows the next day. The resulting battle pushes you to your limit, and it doesn't help that a particular red-haired drifter you've seen come and go from mansion events has followed her and cheers loudly on her behalf. Despite Youmu having her own cheering section, she comes up just short in the end. Frankly, you were starting to doubt things in the last moments, and you have to leave things to Meiling, so that you can head inside and collapse into a heap yourself. Still, in the end, however much she may have improved, Youmu still doesn't measure up. This time, you suppose.
>One day around midsummer, you return to your room to find a letter on your writing desk. You have no idea how it got there, and upon inspection, the writing is not familiar. Well, there's a vague familiarity to it. It reads. "You've come and gone twice now, Sakuya, and it looks like you've sewn everything up, as far as I can tell. But I've been thinking about you lately, so I decided to pull a few strings here and there. You won't be able to respond, but don't worry. I'll know."
>"You'll be pleased to know that Patchouli is doing a lot better. Whatever happened before, it seems Alice was able to adjust it to make it less bad. There were still problems, but nothing like before. The three magicians are still at it. Let's see... You'll be pleased to hear that Haihan is behaving now. It turns out there was some kind of monster in Funsei Mountain that was pushing the Warlord toward her conquests in order to gather up enough power that she could vanquish it herself. Ugh, nobles. Always too dumb to ask for help. But my maiden handled it. Sachiko helped too, I guess. And Kyouko the Yamabiko, too! I'm sure you remember her.
>"I'm not going to go into too much detail about things, since I don't want to ruin them, but your young mistress and everyone is just fine. Apex is Apex, I'm sure you know what that means. Oh! Yukari says hello. And she's yelling at me for saying too much. So I'll have to cut this short. That phantom you helped out is doing fine, too."
>"I doubt there's going to be another of these. You may notice I've not said anything at all about you. Well, you don't think I'm so dumb I'd tell you about that, do you? But I hope things find you well"
>"-R"
>You have gotten a Happy End!
>Original Inspiration: TranceHime
>Programming, Music, Typos, Database Errors: Purvis Hobotech
>Title Art: Past Himiko
>Ending Art: Current Himiko
>Supper Player: You!
>Beware the Formless One

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2018, 10:42:03 PM »
I'll have the usual bout of questions when I get home, but first, as always, thank you very much for all your efforts, parser. My apologies for how long this took, I certainly did not anticipate so many periods of time where I just didn't have any energy anymore.