~Hakurei Shrine~ > Help Me, Eirin!
Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
<< < (134/136) > >>
Faultdron:
Oh nice, he posted more stuff.

Good to finally see ACC on the stat page. Also I guess LoT3 will have MP cost overhaul again with Reimu having 80 MP at that level. That or it's just for testing purpose.
LonelyGaruga:
Reimu's TP went down from 16 to 12...and that SPD stat looks like there might have been an overhaul in how SPD scales, it's way too high relative to Labyrinth of Touhou 2. Could also be for testing purposes though. It's hard to tell how much equipment is influencing Reimu's stats, but she does have less ATK at that level than in Labyrinth of Touhou 2.

Also I hope that isn't her base accuracy, less than 100 is kinda eh...probably is though.
Gesh86:

--- Quote from: qazmlpok on January 20, 2020, 01:26:46 PM ---From reading his twitter, he's planning on releasing LoT2 on steam. This will include a Chinese translation and (I think) a "high resolution version". I haven't seen any mention of an official English release, but I'm optimistic on the grounds that if you go through the effort to translate to one different language, you might as well add on another.

--- End quote ---

I wonder if it's DLSite that would handle publishing. They have always included English translations so far. With how much the fandom over there has grown these last few years, it's understandable that Chinese has a high, perhaps even higher demand than English (don't know if anyone has ever made an unofficial Chinese translation patch).
Next to Tenjou no Tempest and Gensou Skydrift, LoT2 is among the few fangames I love so much I would buy a re-release of it. If they go through the effort of packaging that translation, of course.
Would finally get around to learning the story bits of 28F and onward, then...
Xarizzar:
Sometime recently he also updated the text on his Twitter name to say "Touhou Labyrinth 3 - In Development". I forget exactly when it happened, but for literally anybody who had the tiniest bit of doubt, there you go.
Thurler:
So this is going to be a mild tangent here, what with all the Labyrinth 3 talk, but I recently finished routing a speedrun for this game up until the first 20F Murakumo fight, and figured you guys would enjoy hearing about it and watching videos of such a run. If you're unfamiliar with the concept, you start from a New Game and try to beat the game (or in this case, a specific goal) as fast as possible. Because the fun you get from this type of run is finishing the game fast, rather than having long and difficult boss battles, some very cheesy strats are employed, including:

* Wriggle PSN spam
* Kasen PAR/SHK spam
* Komachi/Yuyuko DTH w/Reisen's Intense Vertigo
* Diva Aya
* Yuuka+Satori spamming Beauty of Nature to increase TRR to absurd levels, then Parsee nukes with Jealously of the Kind and Lovely
The final boss is beaten at Reimu Lv55, so the cheesy strats are pretty much mandatory to ensure there's as little grinding as possible. We also skip many optional characters since they don't offer a significant advantage to any fights that would justify going out of our way to get them. Currently I skip: Kogasa, Kaguya, Mystia, Nazrin, Yuugi, Meiling, Alice, Patchouli, Eirin, Suika, Ran, Flandre, Byakuren, and Eiki. To make sure I stay somewhat decently levelled throughout the game I do small grinding sessions after exploring each floor to get some consecutive battles EXP and money bonus, and that seemed to work fine for most floors. I also get almost every treasure chest to acquire the 256 chests achievement, which gives you 50k money.

Right now the run is very unoptimized, there's unnecessary equipment going to a few characters, there are unnecessary treasure chests being collected, and overall menuing speed can be improved drastically. There's also the random AI factor in boss fights making me carefully think about what I'm supposed to do, rather than just adapt instantly to what happens. This will be developed with time, but what I have now works as a proof of concept. As far as RNG goes, there are some RNG heavy sections, particularly the bosses that require DTH to proc and the entirety of stratum 5's [optional] bosses. Yuuka, Yuyuko and Yukari are no joke.

I have 2 finished runs so far, and they've given me some feedback on what could be improved with my current strategies, so I'll rework some sections to try to save some time. Both runs are under 10 hours in real time, and are very close to a flat 9 hours in game time. The first run is a segmented run, I played 1 or 2 stratums each day and stitched together the segments' times to present it as a full run, clocking in at 9h55 real time and 9h16 game time. The second run is a single segment run, played through the entire thing in one sitting (and lost an entire day in my weekend  :V), clocking in at 9h56 real time and 9h03 game time. There are videos for both of them below if you guys want to watch. The single segment run has my (somewhat poor attempt at) live commentary if you're (not) into that.

Segmented run: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3eHe2wxlYthwfDU034a04rrQhHcN_bQ5
Single segment run: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/541762929?t=00h05m33s
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version