Author Topic: Mima project  (Read 5095 times)

Mima project
« on: January 01, 2018, 02:48:37 AM »
Hello I'm Mr. Stizblee (If I set up my account right :ohdear:). I'm new to this sort of thing and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes:

I have an Idea for a joke translation to be done in Thcrap:
Mima Project
The idea behind this project is simple:
  • All character names would be replaced with Mima (possibly without changing last names to avoid confusion).
  • All character titles would be "Mimafied" e.g. Rumia's Youkai of the Dusk Title would be replaced with Mima of the Dusk.
  • All character portraits and if possible sprites would be replaced with Mima (possibly with traits from the original characters to avoid confusion if anyone is willing to redraw it).
  • All spell card names would be "Mimafied" e.g. Rumia's Moon Sign "Moonlight Ray" would become Mima Sign "Mimalight Ray" or something similar.
  • Dialogue would be mostly unchanged besides replacing names with Mima for consistency.
  • Gameplay would be completely unchanged.
Unfortunately I don't have the qualifications to make such a patch as I am a ludicrously slow typist (this all took me several hours to type out) have no programming experience and no wiki editing experience.
I know this is a selfish request but if anyone is interested in making this Idea happen please feel free to contact me or reply to this topic.
If anyone has some suggestions or advice Please feel free to voice them.

Hopefully if this works people will finally stop whining about Mima not returning :V

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
Re: Mima project
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 09:22:41 AM »
I already made one in thcrap since 2013/2014, and it's available for Touhou 7-14! :D

Touhou 6 is available on my site

You're more than welcome to join our team, though <3
A friend is currently working on the fighting games, and I'm too busy irl to continue working on Touhou 15 and 16

You could help turn everything and everyone into Mima and we'll make a separate patch for it, complete with dialogue and whatnot

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 09:38:03 AM »
Thanks for responding! I'm aware of the various playable Mima Mod's and It's an honor to be invited especially singe I'm new to this forum :blush:. Unfortunately I don't have any programming skill's so for now I have to decline :(. I was kinda hoping someone with ability would see this post think it's funny and "take" my idea but of course I wouldn't try to make anyone do it especially if they're already busy I am actually quite interested in learning programming myself though I just need to learn typing first. So if nobody else wants to do it I may end up doing it myself one day. If that time ever comes I will make sure to contact you and your team to see if there's a way to cooperate. The last thing I want to do is step on your teams toes!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:55:29 AM by Ogelevil259 »

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 10:19:19 AM »
Don't worry, you won't be stepping on anybody's toes by only sharing your ideas

I'll try to implement this myself once I'm done with the other mods since it does seem fun

If you're interested, however, you could join our Discord server and we could teach you how to fiddle with thcrap (it's pretty beginner-friendly, and it looks like you're only going to change images within the game which could easily be done with GIMP/Photoshop)

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 07:05:35 PM »
Thanks so much :D! I'll see about joining that Discord server.