Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211948 times)

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #720 on: August 17, 2017, 06:50:43 AM »
>Would we be visible from the street from here?
>If so, do we see any place nearby to take cover where we wouldn't be?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #721 on: August 17, 2017, 06:55:43 AM »
>Would we be visible from the street from here?
>If so, do we see any place nearby to take cover where we wouldn't be?

>Hard to say. You might be from some angles, briefly.
>There is a shed a few houses away, but you'd have to go out into the open a bit to get to it. Whether this is open enough to be seen or not...
>"Time is going to be of the essence for them if they can't heal that," Archer sends. "They know it."

>_

« Reply #722 on: August 17, 2017, 07:03:19 AM »
>If it's a few houses away and requires exposing ourselves more than we currently are in the process, let's just try to keep very still and inconspicuous and hope Archer gets here first

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #723 on: August 17, 2017, 07:06:51 AM »
>If it's a few houses away and requires exposing ourselves more than we currently are in the process, let's just try to keep very still and inconspicuous and hope Archer gets here first

>"They need to kill me to stop the poison," Archer continues, "But right now, they can't find me. So they need to get to you. And they can't play a long game anymore like they were..."
>You hear squealing tires to the east.
>"And...I think they've turned down your street!"

>_

« Reply #724 on: August 17, 2017, 07:22:41 AM »
>Can we tell from what direction that would be?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #725 on: August 17, 2017, 07:33:15 AM »
>Can we tell from what direction that would be?

>Probably from the east, giving the squealing tires and all.

>_

« Reply #726 on: August 17, 2017, 07:36:14 AM »
>How exposed are we from the east? Any convenient bushes?
>Could we flatten ourselves against a nearby house or something to block sight from that direction and shift around the house as the car passes by to keep from being exposed on the other side?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #727 on: August 17, 2017, 07:40:24 AM »
>How exposed are we from the east? Any convenient bushes?
>Could we flatten ourselves against a nearby house or something to block sight from that direction and shift around the house as the car passes by to keep from being exposed on the other side?

>Right now, you are a behind a house, so from the street you ought to be concealed. You could flatten yourself, but you should be concealed.

>_

« Reply #728 on: August 17, 2017, 07:42:27 AM »
>Well, let's stay put then and shift only if we think we need to, as the car passes by the other side of the house, to keep from being exposed to the street
>Try not to breathe too loudly

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #729 on: August 17, 2017, 07:48:39 AM »
>Well, let's stay put then and shift only if we think we need to, as the car passes by the other side of the house, to keep from being exposed to the street
>Try not to breathe too loudly

>You stay put, and try not to breath too loudly.
>Then suddenly lights appear to the east, followed by a dark mass flying over a house and landing solidly in a yard about four houses down!

>_

« Reply #730 on: August 17, 2017, 07:50:58 AM »
>Was that in sight of us?
>How close are you?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #731 on: August 17, 2017, 07:53:15 AM »
>Was that in sight of us?
>How close are you?

>You just saw it, at least...
>"Coming, coming!" Archer sends.

>_

« Reply #732 on: August 17, 2017, 07:59:23 AM »
>I meant, is it in sight of us now? As in where it landed.
>Either way, let's try to dash for somewhere that's neither in sight of where we just were or where the car landed, if at all possible.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #733 on: August 17, 2017, 08:01:10 AM »
>I meant, is it in sight of us now? As in where it landed.
>Either way, let's try to dash for somewhere that's neither in sight of where we just were or where the car landed, if at all possible.

>Yes! Curiously enough, it does not seem to be moving.
>You can try to go around the near side of the house, and hope the neighboring house will shield you, or go around the far side, which is further away.

>_

« Reply #734 on: August 17, 2017, 08:08:34 AM »
>Let's go for the near side

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #735 on: August 17, 2017, 08:12:30 AM »
>Let's go for the near side

>You scurry toward the near side. As you do, you see whisps of pale blue light gathering around the motionless Limousine.
>Rounding the corner, but still easily about to see the vehicle at the moment, you hear Archer's voice in your thoughts, a moment before you hear a soft thump in the grass. "I'm here!" Archer sends.

>_

« Reply #736 on: August 17, 2017, 08:19:38 AM »
>What's it doing? Is that what it looked like before the ghosts showed up that other time?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #737 on: August 17, 2017, 08:21:43 AM »
>What's it doing? Is that what it looked like before the ghosts showed up that other time?

>"Yeah, definitely," Archer sends.
>There are large blue shapes gathering around it, now.

>_

« Reply #738 on: August 17, 2017, 08:30:36 AM »
>Were we close enough to where the limo landed that we feel pretty confident we were seen before it elected to stand still and do this instead? Or do we think there's decent odds it could have overlooked our presence?
>Is it within Forbidden Zone range?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #739 on: August 17, 2017, 08:32:00 AM »
>Were we close enough to where the limo landed that we feel pretty confident we were seen before it elected to stand still and do this instead? Or do we think there's decent odds it could have overlooked our presence?
>Is it within Forbidden Zone range?

>Either way is possible. Frankly, you don't know.
>No.

>_

« Reply #740 on: August 17, 2017, 08:36:51 AM »
>Would you be able to tell if they somehow neutralized the poison?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #741 on: August 17, 2017, 06:37:25 PM »
>Would you be able to tell if they somehow neutralized the poison?

>"Not innately," Archer sends. "But it'd definitely show in how they act."

>_

« Reply #742 on: August 17, 2017, 07:03:57 PM »
Frankly, I'm torn again. If the ghostly mechanic crew can somehow also 'repair' Rider (because Fate sure loves its metaphorical extensions of abilities), then I feel we ought to capitalize on this moment of immobility to attempt to incapacitate the vehicle itself; if it's spotted us already, we're barely giving up any advantage by trying. But if it didn't spot us and is just trying to gear up to be better at hunting us down while Rider remains poisoned, then surely trying to put distance between it and keep a low profile is best; let him waste his time searching around. And these are basically polar opposites whose merit depends entirely on unknowns - whether Rider has already seen us and whether he has a means to cure himself in any fashion.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #743 on: August 17, 2017, 09:54:22 PM »
I'm sort of joining in mid-story so I don't know the full extent of the situation...

But it seems to me that the answer to a self-repairing car is to just total the fucking thing in one go. Are there any large trees around we could dunk on it?

« Reply #744 on: August 17, 2017, 10:33:18 PM »
Well, the approach that seemed the best idea to me if we wanted to attack the car at this point would be to use Forbidden Zone and try driving spikes into the tires / underside or just outright mire the wheels somehow - could probably blow a mana vial to make it quicker. The downside with this spell in past was that it required us to be immobile for a while and also gave away our location, but if they're also frozen stationary and probably already know where we are, this isn't much of a downside. I'd ideally prefer not to just, y'know, blow the car up or crush it under a tree (even if we could) due to the cop that got pulled inside the car. (I mean, assuming he's even still okay at all)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #745 on: August 17, 2017, 11:38:07 PM »
Damn muggles! Yeah you're right, I guess I can't justify obliterating the car with a possibly-alive cop inside it. (Or, at least, this character can't...)

Well, smashing the hood would be sufficient, but toppled trees aren't exactly precise weapons. As for tearing up the tires, fixing that is easy even without spooky ghost magic so I suspect that's really not worth exposing ourselves for...

I'd suggest letting Archer size this dude up, we should find out really quickly if the poison is working.

« Reply #746 on: August 18, 2017, 12:31:52 AM »
Well, we can't actually see inside the car with the windows up and even repeated arrow hits haven't put more than a dent in them, so I'm not sure how we can 'size him up'. And I meant less 'tearing up tires' than 'skewering the whole place a tire would go' which could theoretically keep the ghost mechanics from even replacing the tires. Other than that, we could try to raise another Wall under the middle of the car and hope a vial would give it enough strength to keep from just collapsing under the weight of it. That might still be the best option if we're not just going to run away. (Honestly, that mightn't be a bad option even if he can't get rid of the poison)

>Did the car when it landed have any of the spike gear that it had earlier? Not just the wheels, but otherwise?
>Are we able to get close enough to toss a Wall stone underneath the car without stepping too far from cover? Like, could we follow a house around to get mostly back into range?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #747 on: August 18, 2017, 01:22:15 AM »
>Did the car when it landed have any of the spike gear that it had earlier? Not just the wheels, but otherwise?
>Are we able to get close enough to toss a Wall stone underneath the car without stepping too far from cover? Like, could we follow a house around to get mostly back into range?

>You aren't sure, it's far away and dark. But you don't think so.
>That's hard to tell. You might be able to go around the fronts of the houses and travel that way?

>_

« Reply #748 on: August 18, 2017, 01:40:44 AM »
>Wait, how far away from it are we? It's not just in the neighboring yard?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #749 on: August 18, 2017, 03:08:10 AM »
>Wait, how far away from it are we? It's not just in the neighboring yard?

>It landed four houses down.

>_