Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211605 times)

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #630 on: August 06, 2017, 06:48:47 PM »
>Are you alright?!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #631 on: August 06, 2017, 07:42:18 PM »
>Are you alright?!

>"Just got me in the side a little, that's all!" sends Archer.

>_

« Reply #632 on: August 06, 2017, 07:56:08 PM »
>Try to get behind a different house before they can get back over this one. If we can stall a little, the police might give us the distraction we need to put some real distance between us.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #633 on: August 06, 2017, 08:16:40 PM »
>Try to get behind a different house before they can get back over this one. If we can stall a little, the police might give us the distraction we need to put some real distance between us.

>"How long is it going to take for them to get here?" Archer sends as she hops off the roof and speeds across this house's back yard and toward the one facing the opposite street.

>_

« Reply #634 on: August 06, 2017, 08:47:55 PM »
>If one was already nearby, not very long at all, but I'm afraid I can't promise that. I'm open to other suggestions!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #635 on: August 06, 2017, 09:06:12 PM »
>If one was already nearby, not very long at all, but I'm afraid I can't promise that. I'm open to other suggestions!

>"Me, too!" she sends back as she reaches the opposing house and rounds it. You can hear the limousine somewhere behind, but can't see it at the moment.

>_

« Reply #636 on: August 06, 2017, 09:12:33 PM »
>Just keep trying to keep me out of sight while staying mobile. We'll worry about where we're going once we get some breathing room. And if I think of anything else, you'll be the first to know!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #637 on: August 06, 2017, 09:18:08 PM »
>Just keep trying to keep me out of sight while staying mobile. We'll worry about where we're going once we get some breathing room. And if I think of anything else, you'll be the first to know!

>"I should I cross this street or head up or down it?" Archer sends as she gets to the front of the house and dashes down the driveway.

>_

« Reply #638 on: August 06, 2017, 09:26:56 PM »
>Pick whichever seems to offer the closer-spaced cover

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #639 on: August 06, 2017, 09:35:23 PM »
>Pick whichever seems to offer the closer-spaced cover

>Heading up or down the street will keep a house between you and the limousine, save for when you cross between them. Crossing potentially lets you put more houses and distance between it. With the former choice, whether you move up or down the street (North or south)  is also to be considered.

>_

« Reply #640 on: August 06, 2017, 10:36:19 PM »
Man, I feel I am getting progressively less sure of the geometry here.

>Cross!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #641 on: August 06, 2017, 11:17:13 PM »
>Cross!

>She bolts down the driveway immediately, angling toward the back yard of the house across the street.  You can hear the limousine pass through the back yard that you had just cross, mostly because it you hear it run over a plastic yard chair that was back there. Whether or not you were seen is impossible to say.
>Archer continues running, crossing the street and charging into the fairly empty backyard of this new house. "Where now?" she sends.

>_

« Reply #642 on: August 06, 2017, 11:29:45 PM »
>South!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #643 on: August 06, 2017, 11:57:49 PM »
>South!

>She nods, and starts running southward, quickly vaulting over a fence, then the other side of the enclosure.
>For now, you see no sign of the limousine.

>_

« Reply #644 on: August 07, 2017, 01:13:17 AM »
>Keep going, and keep your ears out for sirens. I'm not sure what direction they'll be coming from.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #645 on: August 07, 2017, 01:30:59 AM »
>Keep going, and keep your ears out for sirens. I'm not sure what direction they'll be coming from.

>She passes another house, then another and a third. As she passes the fourth she sends, "I don't hear anything. Do you?"

>_

« Reply #646 on: August 07, 2017, 01:38:07 AM »
>We don't, presumably?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #647 on: August 07, 2017, 01:46:29 AM »

« Reply #648 on: August 07, 2017, 04:56:08 AM »
>Nope. I mean, stalling might still be our best bet to put real distance between us, but I don't like the idea of running in circles if it's going to take them another 15 minutes or something. I don't suppose you have any ideas?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #649 on: August 07, 2017, 04:59:52 AM »
>Nope. I mean, stalling might still be our best bet to put real distance between us, but I don't like the idea of running in circles if it's going to take them another 15 minutes or something. I don't suppose you have any ideas?

>"We need to find a good way to hurt it," Archer says.

>_

« Reply #650 on: August 07, 2017, 05:04:45 AM »
>No kidding. The two best ideas I have at the moment are either to try sinking it in the river or drawing it far enough away from other people to try using poison gas on it - the riverbank is probably isolated enough for that too. I can freeze a path across the river thick enough to walk on, but too thin for the car to drive over it. Of course, we still need to manage to get there.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #651 on: August 07, 2017, 05:06:40 AM »
>No kidding. The two best ideas I have at the moment are either to try sinking it in the river or drawing it far enough away from other people to try using poison gas on it - the riverbank is probably isolated enough for that too. I can freeze a path across the river thick enough to walk on, but too thin for the car to drive over it. Of course, we still need to manage to get there.

>"Didn't you manage to hurt it earlier?" Archer sends, as she passes by another house. "And where should we be going now? Just this way?"

>_

« Reply #652 on: August 07, 2017, 06:04:55 AM »
>Inventory

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #653 on: August 07, 2017, 06:13:19 AM »
>Inventory

>Your inventory contains
>Glasses
>You need these to see.
>Dumb Meme Shirt
>No, You're Patrick!
>Smart Phone
>Your friend away from home.
>3DS
>Never hurts to have it onhand, though perhaps not in combat situations.
>Wallet
>Full of valuable cards attached to your ID and bank account!
>Prepared stones x 7
>A vital component to your Wall spell
>Talismans x 5
>A key component to your Freeze Spell
>Sealed vial of Mana-infused water x12
>The work of half a lifetime.
>Enchanted Knife
>It cuts through ice like butter! It cuts through other things like a knife!
>Pepper spray
>You'll need to remove the safety tabs before you use this.

>_

« Reply #654 on: August 07, 2017, 06:20:58 AM »
>Can we obtain a temporary power boost by drawing on one of those mana vials or is it effectively just to replenish our magical stamina as we run out of it by casting things?
>If the former, approximately how much? Could this also be used to speed up casting of a spell? Say, to allow us to unleash Forbidden Zone rapidly enough to surprise an oncoming limo?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #655 on: August 07, 2017, 04:06:25 PM »
>Can we obtain a temporary power boost by drawing on one of those mana vials or is it effectively just to replenish our magical stamina as we run out of it by casting things?
>If the former, approximately how much? Could this also be used to speed up casting of a spell? Say, to allow us to unleash Forbidden Zone rapidly enough to surprise an oncoming limo?

>Some spells can benefit from more mana. It does not speed up the casting, but, but it can increase some of their effects taking place. It may speed up the amount of time it takes for Forbidden Zone to take effect, but not the actual casting to start it up. You don't know if it would be so fast as to defeat a speeding car, though.

>_

« Reply #656 on: August 07, 2017, 05:53:15 PM »
>What effect would it have on Wall?
>Also, does the wall have to form immediately after the stone lands on its destination, or could we 'prime' a stone and command it to spring forth from there at a later moment?
>This mana booster wouldn't allow us to Blind someone without clearly being able to see them, would it?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #657 on: August 07, 2017, 06:11:57 PM »
>What effect would it have on Wall?
>Also, does the wall have to form immediately after the stone lands on its destination, or could we 'prime' a stone and command it to spring forth from there at a later moment?
>This mana booster wouldn't allow us to Blind someone without clearly being able to see them, would it?

>Perhaps you could make them stronger or last longer?
>It is not instant, but it does begin to form immediately. It takes about a second. You cannot cast the spell and have it happen later, you think.
>No.

>_

« Reply #658 on: August 09, 2017, 04:00:43 AM »
>Could we make them build faster?
>How exactly do we go about using one of these vials, anyway? Is it effectively always 'one entire vial at a time' or does each vial contain enough juice to draw upon usefully more than once?

>I'd still like to get to the river, but changing direction seemed like it might make it easier to shake them off for the moment.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #659 on: August 09, 2017, 04:31:04 AM »
>Could we make them build faster?
>How exactly do we go about using one of these vials, anyway? Is it effectively always 'one entire vial at a time' or does each vial contain enough juice to draw upon usefully more than once?

>I'd still like to get to the river, but changing direction seemed like it might make it easier to shake them off for the moment.

>...Maybe? But the improvement would be infinitesimal, you think. They already build pretty fast once placed.
>It is easiest to drain a whole vial, but you can take portions of one. You've never actually used one, but you can probably take as little as a quarter at once. How effect that will be is hard to say, but you know using a whole vial ought to have a significant effect.
>"Which way do you want?" Archer sends.  It seems she taking a more relaxed pace now.

>_