Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211639 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #480 on: July 31, 2017, 01:00:09 AM »
>Well, it hasn't seemed to pay much mind to what it was driving over. If it was chasing me, it might just ignore them.
>Go see if you can spot it from the rooftop.

>"Can't you just use them to make a wall elsewhere?" Archer sends. "Okay, I'm on the roof. Hmm...nothing yet."

>_

« Reply #481 on: July 31, 2017, 01:21:12 AM »
>Er, wait, CAN we use them to make a wall without the Wall stone landing directly on those materials?
>If so, how close do the stone and the cinder blocks have to be?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #482 on: July 31, 2017, 01:23:03 AM »
>Er, wait, CAN we use them to make a wall without the Wall stone landing directly on those materials?
>If so, how close do the stone and the cinder blocks have to be?

>It has to be within a couple feet of the materials you want to use. The closer it is, the more of them you'll pull in.

>_

« Reply #483 on: July 31, 2017, 01:32:43 AM »
>Only within a couple feet, and the closer the better.

This is a slightly awkward situation. The Wall trick probably works best if it doesn't look like we're obviously laying a trap and instead doing it 'on the fly' while chased. It's rather more suspicious if we're just sitting here waiting.

On the other hand, it looks like we might have time to use Forbidden Zone to set more detailed traps - some of which might be even better than that wall thing, potentially. Unfortunately, I think it's difficult to set traps if we don't actually know what direction the car is going to come from. Like, we can't turn everywhere into a sinkhole and even if we spike a lot of the terrain, it could just leap over them to land on top of our heads if we're standing still in the only stable area. I'd almost be tempted to just ignore this and make for the river again except that the limo's absence itself is actually making me a little nervous now. This is probably a better situation than one we'd get if it cuts us off before the river. Hmmm....

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #484 on: July 31, 2017, 01:37:02 AM »
>Only within a couple feet, and the closer the better.

>"Maybe we need to find someplace with a lot of stuff you want to use?" Archer sends.

>_

« Reply #485 on: July 31, 2017, 01:44:29 AM »
>Can we actually think of such a place? Somewhere ideally kind of isolated and not in someone's backyard? Even if it's a moderate distance away now.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #486 on: July 31, 2017, 02:03:07 AM »
>Can we actually think of such a place? Somewhere ideally kind of isolated and not in someone's backyard? Even if it's a moderate distance away now.

>You still don't really know where you are beyond the most general of generalities. There was a construction place to the east of the prairie and marsh preserve, along the road that goes north of it. But who knows how far away that is now?

>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #487 on: July 31, 2017, 02:23:09 AM »
> Out of a whim, of chances, or out of our probably bad luck if it ends up being true... look up to the sky for any imminent dropping limo about to blast us away.
> By any means, can 'Halt' work with inanimate objects, like tires?

//Zent grasped my attention with the limo's 'supposed weak spot', which is the part under it. Mostly the reason why I asked about the ramp Wall we could possibly make, but I think it would be very difficult to have it done, or the other thing I said at IRC before about the 'Halt' spell and the front wheels of the car. The river idea is good, though. Maybe even Forbidden Zone could help in a river situation, but again, it could be difficult.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #488 on: July 31, 2017, 02:26:28 AM »
> Out of a whim, of chances, or out of our probably bad luck if it ends up being true... look up to the sky for any imminent dropping limo about to blast us away.
> By any means, can 'Halt' work with inanimate objects, like tires?

>You see no oncoming death from above at the moment.
>No, it is designed to work on living things.

>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #489 on: July 31, 2017, 02:37:11 AM »
> If an acrobatic limo like that isn't a living being already...
> How dark/dimly-lit is the scenery right now?
> Archer when we first met with this... limousine beast, did you heard anything when it was about to ram us, or you just acted out of reflexes? Because I don't remember hearing anything like it's motor or tires before you saved me, but only after you did.
> Maybe it was because we were so distracted, or was it maybe because it really was able to be silent until it tried to strike us to death? For such thing to take us by surprise like that...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #490 on: July 31, 2017, 02:45:24 AM »
> If an acrobatic limo like that isn't a living being already...
> How dark/dimly-lit is the scenery right now?
> Archer when we first met with this... limousine beast, did you heard anything when it was about to ram us, or you just acted out of reflexes? Because I don't remember hearing anything like it's motor or tires before you saved me, but only after you did.
> Maybe it was because we were so distracted, or was it maybe because it really was able to be silent until it tried to strike us to death? For such thing to take us by surprise like that...

>You don't...think it's living? Archer hasn't made it bleed, at least.
>Fairly dark. There's some residual light from porch lights and such. It's a bit brighter here than than intersection.
>"I have sharper senses than any normal human," Archer sends back. "I definitely heard it, but only once it got close. Uh, sorry about that. Also, don't see anything yet... I'm thinking this is a bad vantage point."
>Who knows?

>_

« Reply #491 on: July 31, 2017, 03:50:09 AM »
>I don't suppose you can spot any better ones?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #492 on: July 31, 2017, 03:51:47 AM »
> Are there any higher points, well, more than the one story houses, nearby, or at least close enough so we can trust Archer to take us there quickly?
> Agreed. Unless we can spot it, we are at a huge disadvantage. And I really hope it doesn't know where we are.
> Does 'Blind' also work only with living beings?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #493 on: July 31, 2017, 04:00:33 AM »
>I don't suppose you can spot any better ones?

> Are there any higher points, well, more than the one story houses, nearby, or at least close enough so we can trust Archer to take us there quickly?
> Agreed. Unless we can spot it, we are at a huge disadvantage. And I really hope it doesn't know where we are.
> Does 'Blind' also work only with living beings?

>There are some trees that are taller than that, but you aren't sure you'd do well with trees.
>"I could range out a bit more," Archer sends.
>Only living things can see, so yes. Perhaps if there was a sufficiently advanced AI, but you doubt that's going to be an issue in your lifetime.

>_

« Reply #494 on: July 31, 2017, 04:12:48 AM »
>Are we able to undo terrain modifications made with Forbidden Zone if they are no longer required? Or would we be stuck leaving untriggered sinkholes in someone's yard if that limo really is gone?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #495 on: July 31, 2017, 04:19:21 AM »
> Consider, despite the crazy and unwise idea, is 'Crash' would help to use it against that limo. Probably? Maybe? Pretty much impossible, surely...
> Does having a bunch of hard materials to make a Wall stronger make any difference on its general resistance? For example, would it have more resistance due to the use of different materials, or would it just have parts more/less resistant than others of the wall?
> Look around again to make sure we aren't about to get wasted.

//We aren't in a great position, and neither a good situation. We don't know the position of the enemy! Standing still on a place, even if we trap it, will make us more predictable than ever. That limo won't fall for it. I suggest we move. I think we are being too bold for just cinder blocks.

//If the limo is indeed gone, I suggest we move between houses at a fast speed, not too much to be careless, neither too obvious like jumping from rooftop to rooftop. Between houses should be okay. Either way, standing in that position so much time won't help.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #496 on: July 31, 2017, 04:31:36 AM »
>Are we able to undo terrain modifications made with Forbidden Zone if they are no longer required? Or would we be stuck leaving untriggered sinkholes in someone's yard if that limo really is gone?

>They are permanent. But they can be repaired though normal means.

> Consider, despite the crazy and unwise idea, is 'Crash' would help to use it against that limo. Probably? Maybe? Pretty much impossible, surely...
> Does having a bunch of hard materials to make a Wall stronger make any difference on its general resistance? For example, would it have more resistance due to the use of different materials, or would it just have parts more/less resistant than others of the wall?
> Look around again to make sure we aren't about to get wasted.

>Crash would only help if it were controlled by a computer program. Given all signs point toward Rider, this is likely the case.
>A mix of materials does make a difference over a purely strong material. Paradoxically, it doesn't seem to make the wall have weak points, but rather be less strong as a whole.
>You look around. There is no sign of the limousine that you can see.

>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #497 on: July 31, 2017, 04:49:08 AM »
> Could you look using other spots, Archer? Be sure to be as near as you are right now of me, and possibly without much obstacles in your way in case I need your help. We need to make sure we aren't in danger.
> By any means, we don't know if Rider can... you know... come from underground?

« Reply #498 on: July 31, 2017, 06:43:38 AM »
>Or rather, feel free to range away just a little, but not too much. Expanding circles and let me know what directions you've covered.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #499 on: July 31, 2017, 01:26:24 PM »
> Could you look using other spots, Archer? Be sure to be as near as you are right now of me, and possibly without much obstacles in your way in case I need your help. We need to make sure we aren't in danger.
> By any means, we don't know if Rider can... you know... come from underground?

>Or rather, feel free to range away just a little, but not too much. Expanding circles and let me know what directions you've covered.

>"Got it," Archer sends.
>You certainly hope it can't come up from underground! Or if it can, you could at least feel something like a tremor...
>"There!" Archer sends after a few moments. "It's to the the northwest; looks like they were trying to circle around to cut us off when we were running away west."

>_
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:35:11 PM by Purji Costavis »

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #500 on: July 31, 2017, 02:30:39 PM »
> Look towards northwest if we know where it is, aware of anything that might happen.
> Is it moving? Does it seem to be still looking for us? Please, Tell me how far away it is from us right now.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #501 on: July 31, 2017, 03:06:57 PM »
> Look towards northwest if we know where it is, aware of anything that might happen.
> Is it moving? Does it seem to be still looking for us? Please, Tell me how far away it is from us right now.

>You can guess where it is now, and you don't see anything immediately. But your guard is up.
>"It's moving," Archer sends. "And...about a street over from here. I don't think it's looking so much as its trying to keep a low profile and outflank us."

>_

« Reply #502 on: July 31, 2017, 06:02:16 PM »
>So, heading this way?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #503 on: July 31, 2017, 08:14:38 PM »
>So, heading this way?

>"No, I just told you," Archer sends. "It looks like it's trying to get ahead of where we were going."

>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #504 on: July 31, 2017, 08:25:23 PM »
//For what is worth, are actually trying to take out the limo, or we'll leave if we have the chance?

> So they are going to the west as we communicate, right? Maybe they don't know where we are...

« Reply #505 on: July 31, 2017, 08:44:29 PM »
It seems we could possibly leave if we wanted to, but Koch almost certainly knows where we live or could easily find out, so that doesn't seem to make it terribly safe to just abandon this without attempting to defeat him unless we don't plan to go home at all.

Obviously setting up traps somewhere they mightn't even be heading without conspicuously luring them back isn't ideal either, though

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #506 on: July 31, 2017, 09:43:32 PM »
> So they are going to the west as we communicate, right? Maybe they don't know where we are...

>"I don't think they know exactly where we are," Archer sends. "But, they have to know in general. Once we fail to be where they expect, they'll come hunting."

>_

« Reply #507 on: August 01, 2017, 12:49:54 AM »
>Think you could use this chance to scout out a weak point, while they don't know you're as close as you are? I can set up another trap or two here in case it draws their attention this way - besides the Wall thing.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #508 on: August 01, 2017, 01:22:09 AM »
>Think you could use this chance to scout out a weak point, while they don't know you're as close as you are? I can set up another trap or two here in case it draws their attention this way - besides the Wall thing.

>"There's a few things I could try," Archer sends. "But any suggestions? You know more about these things than I do."

>_

« Reply #509 on: August 01, 2017, 01:25:00 AM »
>Do we actually have any specific knowledge of points in a car particularly vulnerable to physical damage like this?

I mean, arrows don't exactly seem very suited for plugging up a car's tailpipe and we already tried the tires