Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211978 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2017, 09:13:59 PM »
>Does it ache as much though ?
>"I have some tricks up my sleeve, like an blinding spell."

>It does not.
>"Well, that might mess up a magus," says Archer.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2017, 08:23:57 AM »
>"Guess that's true. Won't do much against a Servant, probably; but that's where you come in, ehe..."
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2017, 02:02:56 PM »
>"Guess that's true. Won't do much against a Servant, probably; but that's where you come in, ehe..."

>"Well, taking out the master is just as good," says Archer. "As long as you don't mind killing people, I guess."

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2017, 12:01:47 AM »
>You finally head out to buy some things! Since you are also supposedly a smart person, you take along your vials and the knife. It shouldn't hurt to have those along, you're hardly expecting to deal with metal detectors.
>While Archer is reasonably familiar with the concept of a car, actually encountering one is a new experience for her. But she adapts to it well, taking to the speed without flinching, though she does vocally agree that seatbelts are a good idea. From then on, she fades to an immaterial form, so as to both conserve your mana and draw less attention. Frankly, she is going to need clothing that doesn't make her look like a refugee from a Ren Faire if she is going to be walking around in the open much. But she seems content to remain unseen and immaterial for now, commenting every so often on the side of this or that office building or shopping center. In particular, she seems a bit put off by how many people there are on the road. You don't have the heart to tell her that Calumet City is just a drop in the bucket compared to nearby Chicago.
>You manage to reach a thrift store before closing time, and luck out with regards to finding a particularly decent sleeping bag that doesn't seem to have any particular problems, picking it up for a mere five dollars. A tent, unfortunately, requires a trip to Walmart. You manage to get lucky and find a decent-sized one for about a hundred dollars. You also learn that Walmart does in fact have pepper spray (not that this is surprising, they do carry firearms, too), but also have it for about ten dollars. You also pick up a decent array of things to eat on the road; you try to tempt Archer into making a few choices, but she seems put off by them more than anything.
>You then go to a U-Haul to contemplate a trailer, only to find you've driven halfway across the county just to see it's closed already. You'll have to try in the morning. Irritated, you make your way back home, perhaps after swinging out toward a pizza place you know well for its quality.
>The sun has nearly set as you make your way through a part of town that has seen better times. Fog clings to the ground, and there is little if any traffic. "There's something here," comes Archer's voice from the seemingly empty passenger seat.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2017, 12:15:24 AM »
Shit, I rolled Robin Hood for Nerofest, so I am now obligated to keep him around by this adventure. :derp:

>Geez, already?! It's only been a few hours...
>Is this just some supernatural phenomenon or the work of an enemy stand rival servant?
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2017, 12:24:07 AM »
>Geez, already?! It's only been a few hours...
>Is this just some supernatural phenomenon or the work of an enemy stand rival servant?

>Maybe you weren't the first...
>That's an excellent question!

>_

« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2017, 01:41:44 AM »
>"Can you tell what it is?"
>Can we?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2017, 01:45:07 AM »
>"Can you tell what it is?"
>Can we?

>"Not yet," she says.
>No. You didn't even notice it at all until she spoke. You'll need more information, which will be difficult to get while driving along.

>_

« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2017, 01:46:23 AM »
>"What direction?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2017, 01:47:12 AM »
>"What direction?"

>"I don't know yet...But I think to the north?" she says.
>You are currently driving westward.

>_

« Reply #190 on: July 26, 2017, 01:52:55 AM »
>How close are we to home or anywhere identifiably connected to us?
>Do we have any innate ability to sense magic or other supernatural phenomena without performing actual divination (ie: something we can't do while driving)?
>What's to the north of us, anyway?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #191 on: July 26, 2017, 01:59:06 AM »
>How close are we to home or anywhere identifiably connected to us?
>Do we have any innate ability to sense magic or other supernatural phenomena without performing actual divination (ie: something we can't do while driving)?
>What's to the north of us, anyway?

>About 15 minutes away, so some distance.
>Sort of. You are familiar enough with magic that when you see it happening, you can kind of identify that it is magic. Sometimes you have to stare at it a bit, depending on how subtle it is. You're certain it's possible to slip stuff past you, if it's designed to do that, though.
>North leads toward a neighborhood, and then the Grand Calumet River (which eventually meets with the larger Little Calumet River)

>_

« Reply #192 on: July 26, 2017, 02:39:20 AM »
>"Keep an eye on... whatever it is."
>Continue driving on our way without appearing to change our behavior, but if we seem to be approaching our own neighbourhood before whatever this is has either been identified or gone away, take a random detour elsewhere. Casually.
>Stay alert

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #193 on: July 26, 2017, 02:50:48 AM »
>"Keep an eye on... whatever it is."
>Continue driving on our way without appearing to change our behavior, but if we seem to be approaching our own neighbourhood before whatever this is has either been identified or gone away, take a random detour elsewhere. Casually.
>Stay alert

>You continue on for a few more blocks. The fog is letting up a bit as you move away from the river.
>"I think...we're outpacing it," says Archer.

>_

« Reply #194 on: July 26, 2017, 02:57:21 AM »
>"You think it's chasing us?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2017, 02:59:21 AM »
>"You think it's chasing us?"

>"I don't know," she says. "It's hard to tell, it's like all your streets are walled in."

>_

« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2017, 03:13:00 AM »
>How inhabited is the area we're currently driving through and how inhabited is the area in the general vicinity of... whatever this is is?
>Are there any wooded areas nearby?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #197 on: July 26, 2017, 03:19:15 AM »
>How inhabited is the area we're currently driving through and how inhabited is the area in the general vicinity of... whatever this is is?
>Are there any wooded areas nearby?

>There's some houses and such, but the area is kind of dying.
>To the north now, there is The Calumet City Prairie and Marsh Nature Reserve.

>_

« Reply #198 on: July 26, 2017, 03:24:56 AM »
>"Think you can go scout out whatever that is without being noticed?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #199 on: July 26, 2017, 03:27:02 AM »
>"Think you can go scout out whatever that is without being noticed?"

>"They won't even know I'm there," she says. "But if we're going to split up, just what are you going to do?"

>_

« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2017, 03:49:50 AM »
>Do we know if we're able to communicate from a distance via our link?
>Would we at least be able to know where the other physically is?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2017, 03:50:48 AM »
>Do we know if we're able to communicate from a distance via our link?
>Would we at least be able to know where the other physically is?

>You should be.
>That you do not know.

>_

« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2017, 03:55:20 AM »
>"I thought I'd pull off somewhere and wait for you to get a better look and report back. If it really istracking me and you're heading in that direction, it shouldn't be able to reach me without you getting a good look at it first, so we know what we're dealing with. Worst come to worst, if I'm outpacing it now, I can just take off again and rendezvous with you someplace else in the city, once we figure out whether this is something we'll have to fight or not."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2017, 04:00:31 AM »
>"I thought I'd pull off somewhere and wait for you to get a better look and report back. If it really istracking me and you're heading in that direction, it shouldn't be able to reach me without you getting a good look at it first, so we know what we're dealing with. Worst come to worst, if I'm outpacing it now, I can just take off again and rendezvous with you someplace else in the city, once we figure out whether this is something we'll have to fight or not."

>"Alright," she says. "Pull over somewhere, and wait for me to check in. If things get doubtful, just run and let me know. I can find you."

>_

« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2017, 04:02:42 AM »
>"Alright. And let me know as soon as you find out anything more."
>Find a spot to pull over where we aren't going to attract immediate attention from the locals and wait for Archer's report

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2017, 01:16:54 PM »
>Did we already get our pizza?
>>If we did, maybe we should have a remaining slice or two while we wait...
>>If we didn't, lament the fact this incident halted us getting some.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 01:18:40 PM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2017, 01:20:34 PM »
>"Alright. And let me know as soon as you find out anything more."
>Find a spot to pull over where we aren't going to attract immediate attention from the locals and wait for Archer's report

>Did we already get our pizza?
>>If we did, maybe we should have a remaining slice or two while we wait...
>>If we didn't, lament the fact this incident halted us getting some.

>You pull off the main road and parallel park beside a shopping center whose only living business is a divorce lawyer. Archer manifests for a moment, long enough to get out of the vehicle, then dons her  cloak, fading from sight. You can just hear her dash away.
>Some tense minutes past. You sit there, eyes and ears open, but nothing more unusual than a car passing by happens. The night is silent, save for distance noises off traffic. No one's on the streets. You find yourself somewhat regretting that you hadn't had time to get that pizza yet, frankly having something to snack on might held with the tension in the air, and you don't want to go pop the trunk to get some of the food you've planned for the road.
>Then you hear something, like a thought in a mental "voice" that isn't yours. "Lily, I found it, and it's bad news. I think it's Berserker. I'm pretty sure this fog is him, too."

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2017, 01:27:10 PM »
>That is not a good thing! "Well, crap."
>Try not to panic.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2017, 01:30:12 PM »
>That is not a good thing! "Well, crap."
>Try not to panic.

>"Sooner than I would've liked, yeah," Archer says.
>It's several blocks away, you should be fine. Several blocks away, and Archer's there. It should be fine... ...Oh crap it's only like a few minutes away from your apartment! And where's its master?!

>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2017, 01:41:56 PM »
>First to gather more info. "Where is he headed to ? Any signs of the master ?"