Author Topic: Daiyousei Quest - Greater Fairy: Part 27  (Read 62065 times)

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Re: Daiyousei Quest - Greater Fairy: Part 27
« Reply #390 on: February 12, 2017, 09:56:43 PM »
//I am not sure, Kilga won't like it for some reason, but if we do. instead of catching her in the act, we should fuse with Micheal and hide our traits, that would let us see what she wants with him.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #391 on: February 12, 2017, 10:01:46 PM »
//Well it's Kilga, that's to be expected of him. Though we do have the power of majority should he dissent...

//If we do this and you do re-bug micheal, don't forget to re-cast that "no unfusion without permission miracle" Since Yukari is one of the few people we know that can unfuse us with someone.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #392 on: February 13, 2017, 03:55:09 AM »
//Geez... i wonder where did he go..  i'm sorta worried now... do you wanna go ahead with the plan then ?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #393 on: February 13, 2017, 03:59:18 AM »
//I'll give him a few more hours... Of course, I already expect his answer to be "No" anyway...

//Maybe things came up in his life? Or he's taking a break?

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #394 on: February 13, 2017, 04:05:57 AM »
//Hasn't been a day yet, and people do have lives. He'll probably post when it's convenient for him/on off time.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #395 on: February 13, 2017, 04:33:58 AM »
//I would much rather do an active investigation than rewind time. If I'm outvoted on this, then so be it; I can only behave as a minority opinion the same way I would expect anyone else to behave when they are a minority opinion.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #396 on: February 13, 2017, 04:36:21 AM »
//Oh thank goodness, i was worried, nothing bad happened there right Kilga ?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #397 on: February 13, 2017, 04:44:53 AM »
//Uh, no, not at all. I just had other stuff I wanted to do today. o_O

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #398 on: February 13, 2017, 05:03:50 AM »
//lol

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #399 on: February 13, 2017, 05:08:16 AM »
//Don't be so surprised. We all love and care about each other  :V.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #400 on: February 13, 2017, 05:15:27 AM »
//FWIW, going forward I can be automatically assumed to be a 'no' vote on any time rewind that does not involve preventing the outright death of a character. I find time rewinds exceedingly lazy, unfun, and honestly rude to the GM in that they are effortless problem-erasers instead of creative problem-solvers.

//So, uh, go ahead and move forward as you all see fit with that vote in mind. I'm going to bed.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #401 on: February 13, 2017, 05:30:04 AM »
//FWIW, going forward I can be automatically assumed to be a 'no' vote on any time rewind that does not involve preventing the outright death of a character. I find time rewinds exceedingly lazy, unfun, and honestly rude to the GM in that they are effortless problem-erasers instead of creative problem-solvers.

//So, uh, go ahead and move forward as you all see fit with that vote in mind. I'm going to bed.

//To provide a counter argument:

//1. We've been doing it less and less as this game has gone on. Hell, I think the last time we rewound time to save someone else's skin was... way back in whatever part we found Yaia, was it?

//2. This is an emergency.

//3. As with Yaia, only mere seconds have passed since the incident occurred,

//4. This could (though not necessarily) be a matter of life and death

//5. This is also a matter of trust, since there were witnesses, so the blame will very likely be shifted to us, and it would harm our chances of ever making good terms with the cops or reuniting Micheal and his wife.

//6. And while I agree that it could be rude to the GM, I'd also like to point out that he has never disallowed such actions or tried to seal the time travel aspect or take our Sakuya magic away. And it also seems like he actively encourages "preventative measures" because he is a skillful master of causing paranoia (Which isn't a bad thing, and I love it. Though just one in-game day where we can take a break from all the shit hitting the fan would be ni- *stabbed*)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 07:09:53 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #402 on: February 13, 2017, 06:54:53 AM »
//I believe the last rewind was to save yourself during the moment with Eirin and Reisen. Ah, looking forward to answering questions at the end of all of this...
Also, it seems (to me) that Kilga means "outright death of a character" as in what happened to Yaia. You confirmed her death. You have yet to confirm or deny Micheals.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #403 on: February 13, 2017, 07:03:44 AM »
//I believe the last rewind was to save yourself during the moment with Eirin and Reisen.
//Hence why I specified "Rewinding time to save someone" the Eirin/Reisen thing didn't fit under that category.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #404 on: February 13, 2017, 07:06:57 AM »
//Hence why I specified "Rewinding time to save someone" the Eirin/Reisen thing didn't fit under that category.
//Saving yourself is still someone... IIRC, considering there was a point where you could see the past you, that counts more. I think...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #405 on: February 13, 2017, 07:10:04 AM »
//edited for clarity, is that better  :V

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #406 on: February 13, 2017, 07:17:00 AM »
//Sure. You may continue.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #407 on: February 13, 2017, 11:10:04 AM »
//1. We've been doing it less and less as this game has gone on. Hell, I think the last time we rewound time to save someone else's skin was... way back in whatever part we found Yaia, was it?

//This is true, but it's not really relevant to my sentiments. Whatever its frequency, it's still being proposed now, so I'm still going to vote against it. My ideal is that its use gets reduced to 0.

//2. This is an emergency.

//I disagree. It's a problematic situation, but not an otherwise-irreversible one.

//3. As with Yaia, only mere seconds have passed since the incident occurred,

//This is true, but it's not really relevant to my sentiments.

//4. This could (though not necessarily) be a matter of life and death

//I disagree. Yukari's not going to just kill the dude in cold blood.

//5. This is also a matter of trust, since there were witnesses, so the blame will very likely be shifted to us, and it would harm our chances of ever making good terms with the cops or reuniting Micheal and his wife.

//This is true! And that's all the more reason to not do this. This falls exactly into effortless problem-erasing instead of creative problem-solving. Instead of trying to work around the known-future trust problem with the police squad, rewinding time just makes the problem not ever happen in the first place. Boring and lazy.

//6. And while I agree that it could be rude to the GM, I'd also like to point out that he has never disallowed such actions or tried to seal the time travel aspect or take our Sakuya magic away. And it also seems like he actively encourages "preventative measures" because he is a skillful master of causing paranoia (Which isn't a bad thing, and I love it. Though just one in-game day where we can take a break from all the shit hitting the fan would be ni- *stabbed*)

//The GM's on record as having parsed many things he doesn't like. "He'll do it anyway" is not a valid excuse to be rude and in fact arguably makes doing it ruder.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:48:13 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #408 on: February 13, 2017, 11:16:27 AM »
//Then how about this, we know that Yukari took him away from us for some reason, then why not ask Maribel to open a gap to the gap space and see if they are there.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #409 on: February 13, 2017, 01:41:38 PM »
//That would be fine.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #410 on: February 13, 2017, 03:00:39 PM »
//Also I wasn't saying it was an excuse to be rude so please don't accuse me of implying it. I was merely stating the facts, and I am fully aware of what has been said on record.

//Another thing, we were not going rewind time to save him. We were just going to rewind it enough to bug him and then let time continue from there. The problem, therefore, would still be there.

//EDIT: Sorry if I unintentionally sounded insulting,  Raf.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:40:09 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #411 on: February 13, 2017, 03:49:47 PM »
//I just seek to find an option where all of us can be okay with, that was just an suggestion, i am still in favor of rewinding to find out what the heck is Yukari's deal with Micheal, because it's definitely not about kicking him out of Gensokyo.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #412 on: February 13, 2017, 04:51:44 PM »
//If you're truly concerned about not being rude, then I'll give you some time to wake up, reread it, and then rewrite any part of it you think is rude (and apologize for it if you think such is appropriate) before I respond.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #413 on: February 13, 2017, 11:39:47 PM »
//Oh, you edited your post. No wonder I didn't see any alerts.

//With regards to the bugging plan you mentioned and its relevance to the potential future trust issue, I had indeed previously seen that plan. However, when you brought up the potential future trust issue as an alleged counterargument to my stance of voting against rewinding time, I figured you did that because you thought rewinding time would improve our overall situation regarding the potential future trust issue. If you thought all along that rewinding time would have no bearing on the potential future trust issue, then I honestly have no idea why you mentioned it as a counterargument in the first place.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #414 on: February 13, 2017, 11:42:27 PM »
//Well I thought you thought we were still going with a complete rewind  :V

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #415 on: February 13, 2017, 11:58:58 PM »
//Ah, okay. Well, hopefully it's clear at this point that I'm opposed to any kind of rewind until we can confirm Mikey's dead (which I don't think will happen because I don't think he's going to die). :V You two can either majority-override my vote or find an alternative active-investigation method. It's up to you. (My ideas for an active investigation would include peering around Yakumohaus some more, asking Marble what's up, and flying back up and telling the cop squad he's gone but we're looking for him.)

//Repost edit because I don't want to double-post: For what it's worth, in the event of a time rewind, I'm much more interested in bugging Yukari than Mikey (though there's nothing saying they can't both be bugged). I've long been curious if we could actually bug Yukari and get away with it, and this seems as good a reason as any to try it.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #416 on: February 14, 2017, 12:04:30 AM »
//I think rewinding just enough to bug Micheal (And make the bug unfuseable without permission) and continuing from there would be ideal, since it's the middle ground between the extreme ends of this issue (complete rewind vs none at all)

//FAKE EDIT: We could Also have Micheal's bug create a clone and try to hit Yukari, (Even though it's suicide and I wouldn't recommend it at all. ) just so that everyone can be at least partially happy...

//inb4 Raf or Tashi suggests a third option and we're at another 24 hour standoff *shot*

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #417 on: February 14, 2017, 12:04:54 AM »
//It seems risky though, it was shown that Yukari figured out fusion right off the bat before.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #418 on: February 14, 2017, 12:55:42 AM »
We could Also have Micheal's bug create a clone and try to hit Yukari, just so that everyone can be at least partially happy...

//Everyone except Yukari, of course... Which means a NOPE from my side.

//I have been thinking about reasons about why Yukari would do something like this... Yeah, SHE IS Yukari, but she isn't going to kill someone because "for the lulz". I think Micheal has knowledge about something that Yukari doesn't want him to have... Why? I'm just making conspirational theories :V

//That, or it's only that Yukari is a tsundere and wants Micheal all for herself- *Shot, sliced, yin-yang orb'd, gaped and danmaku'd*

//Concerning time rewind, though... I think everyone already knows my mind about that matter, and, unlike Kilga, I don't like to use it even if someone dies. (Yeah, I'm a bastard saying something like this. Let the blows rain on me!)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 12:57:26 AM by Tashi »
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #419 on: February 14, 2017, 12:56:44 AM »
//Still, it could also be something really silly, like she wants to make him her servant or something.