Author Topic: How well does Touhou run in 64-bit default settings for Wine?  (Read 10815 times)

Young Demon Lord

• Banned
  • Bye!
I wiped my hard disk the other day and let Ubuntu 9.04 take up the whole hard disk.  Really frickin' fast!  This release is awesome! :D

Anyway, I installed the 64-bit version of Ubuntu, because my processor is AMD64, and I wanted to wipe my hard disk and use an OS built for my architecture, instead of hoping that x86 OS's would be kind to my processor.

So, how well does 64-bit Wine handle Touhou?  Is it about the same as 32-bit?  I've done 32-bit Wine Touhou before.  Just wondering if 64-bit is any different.
An array of angled lasers and bubble waves.
The only problem is that your hitbox is so small....

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: How well does Touhou run in 64-bit default settings for Wine?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 10:22:29 PM »
Someone in the IRC channel was discussing this the other day.  I believe they mentioned there was no real difference in wine touhou emulation between 32bit and 64bit, but I could have mistaken the conversation for something else.

Young Demon Lord

• Banned
  • Bye!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 07:36:46 AM »
Thank you.  If the virtual machine I'm trying to set up doesn't work, I'll go the Wine route.

Something keeps making my computer power off completely during installation of WinXP in VM.  I think my computer's just overheating.  I'll figure it out.
An array of angled lasers and bubble waves.
The only problem is that your hitbox is so small....

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 03:52:45 AM »
Yeah, the 64-bit version of Wine should work no different than the 32-bit version.

On the other hand, Wine now has a preliminary 64-bit Windows mode (Win64).  If you have the option to install this, it'll completely disable Win32 support.  But unless you're compiling from sourcecode, you probably won't come across this issue.