Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 5 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 66563 times)

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Re: Sakuya Quest 5 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #960 on: September 09, 2016, 09:34:47 AM »
>"I..... don't think i am suited for monster hunting, most that i do is cleaning and and fairies and discipline them, with the occasional danmaku battle."
>Show him a knife of ours.
>"Would these even work on the monsters you think about ?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #961 on: September 09, 2016, 01:25:49 PM »
>Don't say that. I'm pretty sure he was half-joking. Or at least serious where he came from, but without having anything in mind.
>Instead, smirk. "Do you have anything in mind?"
>Then, chuckle. "She'll also accept anything with sufficient historical value, but considering most people in this land don't seem to know this village even exists... I'm not sure whether that makes it easier or harder for something here to qualify in her eyes."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #962 on: September 09, 2016, 06:51:23 PM »
>Don't say that. I'm pretty sure he was half-joking. Or at least serious where he came from, but without having anything in mind.
>Instead, smirk. "Do you have anything in mind?"
>Then, chuckle. "She'll also accept anything with sufficient historical value, but considering most people in this land don't seem to know this village even exists... I'm not sure whether that makes it easier or harder for something here to qualify in her eyes."

>"If I knew of something worthwhile, I'd likely be considering it myself," says Sir Kay. "And I'm afraid I have nothing particularly interesting in the way of antiques. Or rather, nothing at all. Hardly the place for them, right now."

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #963 on: September 09, 2016, 07:00:12 PM »
>"I see... i never would have thought that finding something from my time would be so challenging, i guess this is what happens when someone like me is moved so far ahead on time, i am lucky that i didn't get launched toward the past."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #964 on: September 10, 2016, 06:28:51 AM »
>"I see... i never would have thought that finding something from my time would be so challenging, i guess this is what happens when someone like me is moved so far ahead on time, i am lucky that i didn't get launched toward the past."

>"I can only imagine," says Sir Kay. "Perhaps there might be something else?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #965 on: September 10, 2016, 12:48:23 PM »
> Look deep in thought.
> "...You have implied this sword has a very sordid history, one that needs to be kept secret. What if I could rather neatly destroy it for you, such that no trace remains?"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 12:52:42 PM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #966 on: September 10, 2016, 07:10:28 PM »
> Look deep in thought.
> "...You have implied this sword has a very sordid history, one that needs to be kept secret. What if I could rather neatly destroy it for you, such that no trace remains?"

>"That would be convenient," says Sir Kay.
>"I'd rather not..." says Nue, frowning,

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #967 on: September 10, 2016, 11:56:54 PM »
>"Well... I suggest it because whatever ancient item I use to return to my time shall be lost, and it would fit the bill. However, I certainly wouldn't take it against your will."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #968 on: September 11, 2016, 10:05:36 AM »
>"Well... I suggest it because whatever ancient item I use to return to my time shall be lost, and it would fit the bill. However, I certainly wouldn't take it against your will."

>"I'd really rather not," says Nue, shifting a bit in her seat. "I mean, if I really absolutely have to, I guess? But, I'd really prefer not to..."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #969 on: September 11, 2016, 10:28:44 AM »
>"It's your choice honestly, not like this is the only antique around here, but it is the only antique i have access to currently... everyone else i talked with has the same reason to keep their ancient objects as you, emotional value."

« Reply #970 on: September 11, 2016, 10:29:27 AM »
>Smirk.
>"Have you grown attached to it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #971 on: September 11, 2016, 08:11:04 PM »
>Smirk.
>"Have you grown attached to it?"

>"It's a trophy, you see," says Nue.

>"It's your choice honestly, not like this is the only antique around here, but it is the only antique i have access to currently... everyone else i talked with has the same reason to keep their ancient objects as you, emotional value."

>"Hardly surprising," says Sir Kay. "Perhaps there is something else you may have in mind?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #972 on: September 11, 2016, 08:50:29 PM »
>"Hmm... my trade deal with the museum may be the best bet, but anything the museum would accept as historical can be a hard thing to hunt for. Some of the items on display would be junk to almost anyone else." Shrug. "Perhaps I could return later with someone from the museum's staff who'd have a better idea... I'll keep thinking on it, in any case."
>"Say, I was curious, how did the people of this town get here from Avalon?"

They're so isolated, I wonder if dragging Sir Kay or someone over to the hometown and trying to get some form of communication going... might result in some sort of signed document between the two towns we could take to the museum. Although that's a bit involved of a plan, perhaps? It might be more exciting to hunt for goodies in Haihan. The Warlord's town was Haihan, right? Although, the museum might also be happy with a flag or strange item from True Glorian...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #973 on: September 11, 2016, 10:04:50 PM »
>"Hmm... my trade deal with the museum may be the best bet, but anything the museum would accept as historical can be a hard thing to hunt for. Some of the items on display would be junk to almost anyone else." Shrug. "Perhaps I could return later with someone from the museum's staff who'd have a better idea... I'll keep thinking on it, in any case."
>"Say, I was curious, how did the people of this town get here from Avalon?"

>"The same way that most people get anywhere," says Sir Kay. "The forest can be a bit tricky to navigate, mind."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #974 on: September 12, 2016, 05:11:59 AM »
> "I meant more how did the two realms become one. Given the large difference in the passage of time, I'm guessing one could not simply walk freely between the two back when whatever that sword is all about happened."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #975 on: September 12, 2016, 05:59:30 AM »
> "I meant more how did the two realms become one. Given the large difference in the passage of time, I'm guessing one could not simply walk freely between the two back when whatever that sword is all about happened."

>"I wasn't aware anything happened at all," says Sir Kay.
>Nue just shrugs. "I dunno. I'm pretty sure Yukari sealed it off, back in the old days."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #976 on: September 12, 2016, 02:44:04 PM »
>"So without her around, the seal must have just worn off, eventually..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #977 on: September 12, 2016, 07:33:07 PM »
>"So without her around, the seal must have just worn off, eventually..."

>"I dunno, the Barrier's still here," says Nue. "But who can even guess?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #978 on: September 13, 2016, 04:01:29 AM »
> "I suppose trying to guess at anything related to Yukari is an exercise in futility."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #979 on: September 13, 2016, 04:38:07 AM »
> "I suppose trying to guess at anything related to Yukari is an exercise in futility."

>Nue nods.
>"I shant venture the effort," says Sir Kay. "But in the mean time, while I cannot exactly offer you riches, perhaps some gold with be worth your time?"

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #980 on: September 13, 2016, 09:40:11 PM »
>"Gold ? Well, it should help, at least if i run into financial issues."
>Nod.
>"But how much of it are we talking about ?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #981 on: September 13, 2016, 10:29:47 PM »
>"Gold ? Well, it should help, at least if i run into financial issues."
>Nod.
>"But how much of it are we talking about ?"

>"Hm, 75 shillings, and I feel that's most generous for retrieving this disreputable seelie and dragging it into my humble abode," says Sir Kay.
>"You got your humble and disreputable crossed," says Nue.
>"Perhaps I mispronounced truculent?" says Sir Kay. "Funny old language, this is."

>_

« Reply #982 on: September 13, 2016, 11:09:09 PM »
>"Before i accept, i would like to know if this is to be considered a favor?"
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #983 on: September 14, 2016, 12:12:03 AM »
>Nah, don't say that. He's already said he wanted to offer us a reward for bringing Nue here, so this is our reward.
>"Thank you for your generosity." Accept payment.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #984 on: September 14, 2016, 01:21:10 AM »
>Nah, don't say that. He's already said he wanted to offer us a reward for bringing Nue here, so this is our reward.
>"Thank you for your generosity." Accept payment.

>You consider an artless questioning of his already-stated intentions, but decide against it.
>"Think nothing of it," says Sir Kay as he leaves his chair and opens the drawer of a nearby desk, fiddling inside it with the sound of clanking coins, before he turns and presents you with a cloth pouch. Taking it, you find it is pleasingly heavy with coin.
>You obtain:  75 Shillings

>_

« Reply #985 on: September 14, 2016, 01:32:32 AM »
>"Thank you, you are a honorable soul!"
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #986 on: September 14, 2016, 04:58:57 AM »
>"Thank you, you are a honorable soul!"

>"Hmph," he says. "You are most welcome. Now, is there anything else I can do for you?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #987 on: September 15, 2016, 03:24:54 AM »
> "I can't think of anything, honestly."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #988 on: September 15, 2016, 03:51:56 AM »
> "I can't think of anything, honestly."

>"Shame," says Sir Kay, as he returns to his seat. "Perhaps you have something else you wished to inquire about?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #989 on: September 16, 2016, 07:09:00 PM »
> Quests