Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 5 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 67187 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 5 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #690 on: August 23, 2016, 08:59:48 PM »
> "The Young Mistress is a member of the Buddhist temple, to which the proprietor here is connected."

>"Oh, okay," she says. "...Was that the youkai with the really weird face following you?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #691 on: August 23, 2016, 09:04:30 PM »
> The face! Something was off about Alice's face. What was it?
> Shake head.
> "No, that is someone else, someone who is best left to their own devices. The Young Mistress is one Flandre Scarlet, formerly of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, my place of employ. Or my former place of employ, as far as everyone else is concerned."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #692 on: August 23, 2016, 09:12:03 PM »
> The face! Something was off about Alice's face. What was it?
> Shake head.
> "No, that is someone else, someone who is best left to their own devices. The Young Mistress is one Flandre Scarlet, formerly of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, my place of employ. Or my former place of employ, as far as everyone else is concerned."

>You still cannot tell. It's like there's something really off about it, but you don't know what.
>"Oh, I've never heard of her," says Mitsu.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #693 on: August 23, 2016, 09:16:03 PM »
> "That is probably for the best. It seems she prefers a quieter life."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #694 on: August 23, 2016, 09:25:25 PM »
> "That is probably for the best. It seems she prefers a quieter life."

>"Oh, okay, that's good," says Mitsu.
>Nue approaches the table. "I was only half expecting you to show up again, truth be told," she says, grinning.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #695 on: August 23, 2016, 09:39:43 PM »
> Grin right back.
> "Well, now that the Young Mistress is not around to object to our earlier conversation..."
> Lose the grin.
> "In all seriousness, though, I am about ready to return to True Glorian, if you are available to do so."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #696 on: August 23, 2016, 10:02:26 PM »
> Grin right back.
> "Well, now that the Young Mistress is not around to object to our earlier conversation..."
> Lose the grin.
> "In all seriousness, though, I am about ready to return to True Glorian, if you are available to do so."

>"Yeah, I can probably do that," says Nue.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #697 on: August 23, 2016, 10:06:33 PM »
> "Excellent. Before we depart, however, my companion and I would be interested in an early dinner."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #698 on: August 23, 2016, 10:09:37 PM »
> "Excellent. Before we depart, however, my companion and I would be interested in an early dinner."

>"Aha," says Nue with a smirk. "What've you got in mind?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #699 on: August 23, 2016, 10:11:31 PM »
> "Are you still serving manju and Darjeeling from lunch? I'd take that again if so."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #700 on: August 23, 2016, 10:23:23 PM »
> "Are you still serving manju and Darjeeling from lunch? I'd take that again if so."

>"Sure thing," says Nue. She glances over toward Mitsu, who is frowning at the menu in concentration. Then she shrugs. "I'll have the same."
>"Sure thing, dearies," says Nue.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #701 on: August 23, 2016, 10:47:25 PM »
> "Thank you."
> Hand over the menus if appropriate. Otherwise, let Nue take her leave.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #702 on: August 23, 2016, 11:15:46 PM »
> "Thank you."
> Hand over the menus if appropriate. Otherwise, let Nue take her leave.

>Nue takes the menus and wanders off.
>"So what was that Scarlet place like?" says Mitsu.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #703 on: August 24, 2016, 01:32:36 AM »
> Give a warm smile.
> "Well..."
> Give Mitsu a proper background on our home and its inhabitants, and then tell the story of the scarlet mist incident if food hasn't arrived yet.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #704 on: August 24, 2016, 01:51:56 AM »
> Give a warm smile.
> "Well..."
> Give Mitsu a proper background on our home and its inhabitants, and then tell the story of the scarlet mist incident if food hasn't arrived yet.

>You tell Mitsu about the Mistress, and then the Young Mistress as she was then, then Meiling and Patchouli and Koakuma, then about the maids in particular. She asks you to describe the mansion itself next, and seems more and more impressed as you describe the galleries, the various rooms, the plethora of guest rooms, and so on. The clock tower interests her in particular, you aren't really able to tell her much about it in the detail she would like; frankly there's a reason the thing isn't bothered with these days. You are just starting on the incident when the food arrives.
>"So it was really the very first time anyone tested the spellcard system?" says Mitsu, as she sips her tea, then pants a little as it seems to have been too hot for her.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #705 on: August 24, 2016, 02:24:11 AM »
>"I believe it was the first notable incident to occur after the system was implemented, at the least. That'd make it the first real test though, given that a significant part of it's purpose was so people could fight against the Hakurei Shrine maiden during incident resolution and otherwise, without endangering the barrier and Gensokyo."
>Take a sip of our tea... after gauging whether that's quite safe yet, at least. "And my, how the barrier has grown... Gensokyo was just a fraction of the size it is now, back then. I was quite surprised."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #706 on: August 24, 2016, 02:47:22 AM »
>"I believe it was the first notable incident to occur after the system was implemented, at the least. That'd make it the first real test though, given that a significant part of it's purpose was so people could fight against the Hakurei Shrine maiden during incident resolution and otherwise, without endangering the barrier and Gensokyo."
>Take a sip of our tea... after gauging whether that's quite safe yet, at least. "And my, how the barrier has grown... Gensokyo was just a fraction of the size it is now, back then. I was quite surprised."

>Mitsu nods. "I guess so. I've never known it to be any different, at least."

>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #707 on: August 24, 2016, 09:53:19 AM »
>"Well it is a lot different from before, back in the day, there was just a single village, the shrine maiden Reimu Hakurei was the main incident solver and guardian at the time, along with Marisa Kirisame."

« Reply #708 on: August 24, 2016, 05:46:12 PM »
>"Well it is a lot different from before, back in the day, there was just a single village, the shrine maiden Reimu Hakurei was the main incident solver and guardian at the time, along with Marisa Kirisame."
>Put "former" before "shrine maiden" in that.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #709 on: August 24, 2016, 06:37:52 PM »
>Put "former" before "shrine maiden" in that.

>"I can't even imagine that," says Mitsu.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #710 on: August 24, 2016, 06:40:38 PM »
> Chuckle a bit.
> "And I cannot imagine most of Apex. But here we are, it seems. I will grant that those that only know the current Reimu may have a hard time believing what I say, though."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #711 on: August 24, 2016, 06:45:15 PM »
>"Can you also imagine that the same Reimu Hakurei defeated each of the people that caused an incident ? And being just a human at the time ? Even the Moriya Shrine residents and my Mistress and the Mansion residents were defeated by her."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #712 on: August 24, 2016, 07:31:05 PM »
> Chuckle a bit.
> "And I cannot imagine most of Apex. But here we are, it seems. I will grant that those that only know the current Reimu may have a hard time believing what I say, though."

>She nods. "It's hard to think of her as just a shrine maiden. She casts such a shadow, you know?"

>"Can you also imagine that the same Reimu Hakurei defeated each of the people that caused an incident ? And being just a human at the time ? Even the Moriya Shrine residents and my Mistress and the Mansion residents were defeated by her."

>"Nu-uh, there's no way she could beat the Moriya Shrine!" the kappa says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #713 on: August 24, 2016, 07:35:20 PM »
> "I cannot say regarding the current state of things. But in my time, if Reimu set her mind to something, it would get done, no matter who or how many stood in her way."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #714 on: August 24, 2016, 07:38:50 PM »
>"Well, that is the truth, as great at they are now or were in the past, Reimu was the greatest force to be reckoned with, trust me, i felt it first-hand when she came to the Mansion."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #715 on: August 24, 2016, 07:55:30 PM »
> "I cannot say regarding the current state of things. But in my time, if Reimu set her mind to something, it would get done, no matter who or how many stood in her way."
>"Well, that is the truth, as great at they are now or were in the past, Reimu was the greatest force to be reckoned with, trust me, i felt it first-hand when she came to the Mansion."

>"You gotta be leading me on," says Mitsu. "I mean, Lady Yasaka and Reimu have been at a kind of stalemate for as long as anyone can remember! Now you're trying to tell me that when she was a human, Reimu actually beat Lady Yasaka?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #716 on: August 24, 2016, 07:56:36 PM »
> "You are welcome to ask her yourself if you wish."
> Blink.
> "Though perhaps that would not end terribly well for me if you did."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #717 on: August 24, 2016, 08:01:50 PM »
> "You are welcome to ask her yourself if you wish."
> Blink.
> "Though perhaps that would not end terribly well for me if you did."

>"I don't think it'd be a good idea to ask either of them..." says Mitsu, frowning.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #718 on: August 24, 2016, 08:04:13 PM »
> "Oh, you could ask Reimu without a doubt. She won, after all."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #719 on: August 24, 2016, 08:11:21 PM »
>What exactly do we remember from that specific incident that involved the Moriya Shrine ?