Author Topic: [DORMANT] Shining Shooting Star English Translation Patch Project  (Read 28584 times)

Re: Shining Shooting Star English Translation Patch Project
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2016, 10:35:15 PM »
Hello there and thanks for the translation.

I played the game patched with Beta 1.1, and things were generally working well, except for crashes in Marisa scenario (there were still some left, it seems). Looking into story CSV files, I managed to hunt down the issues (generally, typos in character pictures names and a dialogue line with comma not wrapped in quote).

So, if you would like to enjoy Marisa scenario without crashes and can't wait for another patch, you might copy the contents below to 2-1B.csv and 3-1B.csv in Story folder (put in spoiler just in case).

2-1B.csv:
Spoiler:
"This is as far as you can go, miss witch!",FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_sp,FaceRakuki_an2
Eh? A weird person appears!,TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_sp,FaceRakuki_an2
I am not a weird person!,FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_sp,FaceRakuki_an
I am Rakuki.,FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_sp,FaceRakuki_an
Odd to see a longbow archer around here.,TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_no,FaceRakuki_an
"Are you here to hinder me, too?",TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_sw,FaceRakuki_an
"Yes, I had an agreement with Sis earlier??",FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_sw,FaceRakuki_dp
"So no matter what, you are not allowed to move forward.",FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_sw,FaceRakuki_an2
"Well, I'm not interested in the things that lie ahead.",TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_no,FaceRakuki_an2
"I'm just here to collect meteor fragments,",TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_hp,FaceRakuki_an2
so could you let me pass? Pretty please?,TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_hp2,FaceRakuki_an2
"If you want to, then you will have to ask my bow!",FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_hp2,FaceRakuki_dp
It's just a bow.,TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_hp,FaceRakuki_dp
"Well, let's see if you're a match for my magic?",TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_hp2,FaceRakuki_dp
How foolish!,FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_hp2,FaceRakuki_an
That kind of kitty-level magic you've shown me is useless!,FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_hp2,FaceRakuki_an
I shall bring you fear and regret.,FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_hp2,FaceRakuki_dp
Perish!,FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_hp2,FaceRakuki_bk

3-1B.csv:
Spoiler:
Meteor fragments have been falling into this jungle?,TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_sp,FaceSeiryuu_sp
The trees in this forest are so thick and dense that collecting them's gonna be a pain.,TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_lo,FaceSeiryuu_sp
Better hurry find a place I can actually see anything; if not?,TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_lo,FaceSeiryuu_sp
You're?human??,FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_lo,FaceSeiryuu_sp
"Currently, yeees.",TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_hp,FaceSeiryuu_sp
Why would a human come to this faraway willow?,FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_hp,FaceSeiryuu_no
"I'd decided to search for the meteor fragments by detecting the magic they released?, but then?",TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_no2,FaceSeiryuu_no
I lost my way?,TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_hp2,FaceSeiryuu_no
Huh??,FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_hp2,FaceSeiryuu_sw
"If it's okay with you, could you lead the way, da-ze?",TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_hp,FaceSeiryuu_sw
Eh heh. Of course.,FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_hp,FaceSeiryuu_no
"But in exchange,",FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_hp,FaceSeiryuu_hp
leave your meteor fragments here.,FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_hp,FaceSeiryuu_dp
I can't give you those.,TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_no,FaceSeiryuu_dp
"I bet you must have been after these from the beginning, right,",TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_sw,FaceSeiryuu_dp
Youkai of the Forest?,TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_sw,FaceSeiryuu_dp
You've seen through to my intention? ,FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_sw,FaceSeiryuu_no
I see that you are not a simple-minded human after all.,FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_sw,FaceSeiryuu_dp
Do you think a lonely human girl like me would wander around this faraway willow alone?,TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_no,FaceSeiryuu_dp
"Then, how about your Master Spark emblem? It is fine as an exchange, too?",FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_no,FaceSeiryuu_sp
"That isn't okay, either!",TRUE,FALSE,FaceMarisa_an,FaceSeiryuu_sp
"Is that so? Then,",FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_an,FaceSeiryuu_dp
leave your life here!,FALSE,TRUE,FaceMarisa_an,FaceSeiryuu_sw

yoshimo

• Impractical Coder
  • Just your neighborhood-friendly Yoshi!
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2016, 08:09:28 AM »
I already identified the issues with them; I could have sworn that I fixed them. What I mean is that I had fixed them; I guess they didn't save?

Actually, I did not ever get reports of issues in 3-1B (likely because people crashed in stage 2 before stage 3). Thanks for reporting!

Thanks for noticing; I'll upload a corrected version right away.

Really, the only reason this happens is because I don't have access to testing the dialogues in-game. I'd have to unlock them first or get a completed data file.

EDIT: The fix has been uploaded. Be sure to alert me if there are any more issues! I'll probably give Marisa's and Sanae's scenarios a full scan if another problem arises (Sonrio confirmed Reimu & Shinmyoumaru's and Koishi's scenarios work.).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 08:24:17 AM by yoshimo »
My perception of my work ethics.

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2016, 07:54:57 AM »
I completed Sanae's main scenario and reached pre-boss extra dialogue, so all main story scenarios should work fine (they worked for me, at least). As long as character picture names aren't changed (and there's really no reason to) and no unquoted dialogue lines with commas appear in subsequent patches, no more crashes should occur there.

To check for the latter, you might open CSV in spreadsheet editing program like Excel and make sure no line sticks out; using that method I identified the unquoted line in 3-1B. With that you might do a quick sanity check without the need to test the dialogue in-game. ;)

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2016, 10:45:52 AM »
So I was playing with Marisa and noticed that I get the crash on the stage 2 boss, but only with the translation in place. If I just use the accessibility patch it runs through fine. I just installed patch 4.1, so I'm wondering if that is the issue? I might try to play around with the CSVs to see if I can figure out what's happening.

yoshimo

• Impractical Coder
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2016, 02:16:48 AM »
Indeed, there is an error in the file. I'll get a fix for that released soon. Maybe I'll finally finish the basic text translations, too...

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2016, 03:09:34 AM »
I was able to get past it by modifying the line where Rakuki Marisa "So no matter what, you are not allowed to move forward." into something a bit simpler (shorter phrase, removed the commas and quotes). I'm not sure which character(s) were causing the issue, but a quick dialog change in the CSVs seems to fix it right up. I'll see if I run into any other lines that are causing problems. 

yoshimo

• Impractical Coder
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2016, 05:14:48 AM »
Okay, I need to explain why it's been so long.

In short, I'm unmotivated. The next step is the arduous task of copying and pasting lines from my translation tables to the game files. I'm constantly thinking about both of my projects, and it makes me feel ill thinking I'm abandoning them.

Currently, I've fixed the crash regarding Marisa's scenario in Stage 2, and all scenarios up to and including Stage 3 have been updated...again. What's left is to update the scenarios for Stages 4-6 and the Extra Stage, and to add translations for the endings.

I'm sorry that it's been over a month since the last sign of activity. I hope to try getting this project back on track.

EDIT: The scenarios for Stages 4 and 5 have been updated.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 06:48:20 AM by yoshimo »

yoshimo

• Impractical Coder
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2017, 06:29:52 AM »
I LIVE!!

Sorry for being gone for so long! Demotivation and college have been bogging me down, but I'm back!

Something which kept me from wanting to work on this project before was the issue of not being able to quickly upload changes to the patch. To resolve that, I will now host my patch on GitHub! Now I can easily upload new additions, changes, and fixes to the patch!

Since this patch depends on my accessibility patch, I will also make my accessibility patch available from GitHub, too!

Give me a moment to change the OP, and I hope to start implementing changes more often to this patch!